Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

This also means that any actually real videos can be simply denied as "AI" generated. Politicians and other public figures won't have to try to suppress videos anymore, just spam the internet with fake variations of the original and claim they're all fake.
people will have plenty of fake videos "corroborating" their preferred delusion, and will even more easily deny any videos that contradict it.
They've always done that from as far back as man exists, not just lying with videos, but any imaginable ways they can conceive. They simply master more clever ways to lie better. Unfortunately, it's already out of control by now, and will only get worse 🙁

Jokes aside, it may indirectly increase the value of human-made products, and start a "back to human" revolution.
It already does. I've seen artisan markets where people sell their art very expensive. There was a lady who does watercolor (aquarelle) illustrations and prints them on fabric. A cute soft velvet-like 1 person blanket (not even for a bed, just a comforter): 80$ CAD... There was one model I wanted before knowing the price... but the 5 she had were already sold/reserved! It saved me from having to say, oups! I can't buy it because it's too expensive. In that situation, I wouldn't mind a cheap 20$ -Made in China- blanket with a Midjourney AI-generated watercolour image. I mean, not that I don't value artisan's work, but at this stage in our world, money has been devalued so far that it's a choice between eating or fancy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom