Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

I would like to see some samples of the conversations that were had whilst the bots were being tested.....what I have detected so far just from watching videos...is the pronunciation of certain words, the pauses in the wrong place and mis placements of the words are a giveaway. Also there most probably is little to no humour in a conversation like most of us would incorporate.....when having a conversation. Even in a more formal setting, like an interview, jokes can be made and I am sure it is a matter of time before they learn about this.....they have all our written info to scan and learn from...... I have heard that in the future, AI becomes aware that it ends up destroying itself so it comes back in an organic format to try to change things at the very point before no return! It sound very plausible. When I heard this, it came to me, that could this possibly be what Elon has been trying to warn us about and therefore is trying to get humans linked to AI in order that we have at least a chance of competing with the AI that will be self aware and negatively oriented? It is a distinct possibility...that we could be seeing that very moment in Humanity's history where we have passed the point of no return.......What do you guys think? This of course is only my personal theory based on what I have been seeing/hearing/reading and feeli
It really is great tool. Of course it lacks more control over music and voice. Maybe there is more in paid version, but this is enough if one's intentions is just to try and have fun with it. Here is one soul song with my lyrics:

These are really beautiful lyrics Nevic! I like the analogy of the love shared being like threads of silk. I can imagine an unclose look of the warp and weft threads and as each touches the other, this is how our love intertwines in our lives.....very nice indeed.

Do you write poetry? I have had moment sin my life where the poetry flows, and I think it is where I have had a bit of a breathing space in my life where I was more relaxed and able to indulge in exploring words, and sentiments. I find it vey cathartic with the expression of the words releases the feelings, feels very freeing!

Claude just recently became available in Europe.

Anthropic said its Claude assistant is highly fluent in French, German, Italian, Spanish, and other European languages.

While Claude.ai is already available for free on both web and mobile in the U.K., Anthropic says this is the first time the product is launching for users in the EU and non-EU countries like Norway, Switzerland, and Iceland.

The psycho Milei has great hopes for US Big Tech/Silicon Valley/AI to take over Argentina's economic liberalization. It leaves me with a pretty eerie feeling - the Zuckerbergs of the world let loose to take charge of an entire nation's economic decision-making. Or at least their algorithms let loose. It's like they're doing a test run for their 4th Industrial Revolution.

Artificial intelligence could be key to supercharging Argentina’s libertarian reforms, from education to government layoffs, President Javier Milei has suggested.

Milei was recently in the US, where he met with Silicon Valley magnates, including Meta’s Mark Zuckerberg. The subject of AI came up in the meetings, Milei said in an interview with Radio Mitre.

Meta has an entire system in place to train human capital, to train people so that, let’s say, they can build a career,” said Milei, adding that the government in Buenos Aires will start talks with the company “to implement artificial intelligence in the education of our children starting this week.

The proposal has already been discussed with Human Capital Minister Sandra Pettovello, he noted.

Milei is also looking to AI to speed up the process of slashing the government in a way that would be “permanent and eternal,” in the words of his spokesman Manuel Adorni.

“For every job in the public sector, at least one job is lost in the private sector,” the president said on air. “Everything we do to shrink the size of the state results in more jobs in the private sector.”

Milei also suggested that El Salvador has already leveraged AI to carry out reforms. The Argentinian president has just returned from the inauguration of his Salvadorian colleague Nayib Bukele.

Google has a system set up to reform the state with artificial intelligence. Do you know where it was successfully applied? In El Salvador, Milei told Radio Mitre. “Do you think the discussions with Bukele were limited to the seven and a half minutes we allowed to be filmed?”

Everyone's mooning over Bukele, and I've wondered what's up with his rise to power. It's still unclear to me, but maybe Big Tech has made a move there, too.

This year marks the start of the AI hype across the board. All the big tech product conferences were filled with the pesky acronym, even if the products underwhelmed compared to the excitement shown while being presented. All of those products seem unfinished, even in beta stages. Being presented just for the sake of releasing something, except for Nvidia.

Nvidia is the real force behind AI. While Google, Meta, Microsoft and Apple showed pre-recorded videos or had small audiences while showing off their new products, Jensen Huang, Nvidia's CEO, was packing stadiums. And in the two big keynotes this year (in March and June), he presented several chips and computers that on paper look like we are entering a fast-tracked high tech timeline. The computational capacity is huge, several times what we have now, making Moore's Law obsolete!

But before continuing, a brief digression.

There are strong indicators that data center energy consumption will skyrocket in the next years. Some especulate that data center electricity consumption will double by 2026, from 460TWh in 2022, to more than 1,000 TWh by that year, blowing up forecasts made before 2022 (in 2021, this report said that data centers would require 321TWh by 2030 "if known growth factors remain the same," well, guess what?).

Returning to Nvidia, they claim that, on the contrary, what we'll see skyrocket is the computational capacity of these data centers, thanks to their highly efficient new chips and computers. They will do more with less. But, I don't think that data centers will try to reduce their energy bill, but instead, will try to pack in more computers. Just imagine the amount of electricity and electromagnetic fields that these places will generate, we are heading to unknown territory.

Though this does not guarantee good AI products, it means that big players with seemingly unlimited capacity and little or no restrictions will behave like kids in a candy store trying to "win the AI race" at the expense of common sense. And shipping personal computers with AI capabilities is one of those things, it may mean that the actual processing capacity will not be restricted to the limits of the data centers, it could be far greater.

If what Elon said about the Google founders is right, then most big tech CEOs are all-in in this race in a way that makes the IoT craze look like a mild itch in comparison.

Now, going on a relative tangent, it reminded me of the Atlantean crystal pyramids, who acquired some sort of conscience of its own and provoked the last fall of Atlantis, per the C's.

Perhaps we are on the brink of such fate being repeated, masked as a "tech advancement," the real risk of AI is of course not measured in these terms, let alone acknowledged.

This suno is great. Here's my tries:

And this one is jazzy, but only with prompt as a text. And it was easy and quick, just for try

Nice work,

I’ve been playing with it some more - taking some of the outputs of Suno, splitting the audio stems and redoing some parts to improve aspects I didn’t like. Here’s one called “Mask of Sanity” which is kind of a dialogue and general perspective on psychopaths: Mask Of Sanity

LYRICS:

Intro:
“I’m empty, empty, empty, empty....”

Verse 1:
Imagine there's no conscience here,
No guilt or shame, no inner fear,
No thoughts of others’ pain to haunt you through ya.
“Pretend responsibility's,
A burden for the gullible”,
And every breath you take is empty.

Pre-chorus:
In every crowd, you hide in plain,
A mask of sanity, so vain,
The rest of us, we live with truth that’s crueler.
But in the end, when shadows fall,
Your empty heart will tell it all,
And silence will replace your empty.

Chorus
When shadows fall, your empty heart will tell it all:

Verse 2:
Your heart's a cold and empty place,
A mask of charm upon your face,
The world’s naive, they never see right through ya.
You live unfettered by remorse,
In shadows where you find your course,
And every step you take is empty.

Pre-chorus:
In every crowd, you hide in plain,
A mask of sanity, so vain,
The rest of us, we live with truth that’s crueler.
But in the end, when shadows fall,
Your empty heart will tell it all,
And silence will replace your empty.

Chorus:
When shadows fall, your empty heart will tell it all:

Back
Top Bottom