Atlantis

I created a quick map overpaint to see what an Atlantean landmass might have looked like if big part of the ridge around the Azores was above sea level during the ice age. Of course it could have been much smaller than this :)

ATLANTIS_OFF.jpg

ATLANTIS_ON.jpg

1972: Deep drilling in an active geothermal area in the Azores
"A surprising result of our experiment has been the depth at which submarine deposits were encountered. Subaerial or shallow marine conditions are found to 768m below present sea level and indicate substantial subsidence of the island. Postglacial sea level rise since 18,000 BP can account for only 130m of subsidence".

This is the map I based my overpaint on. The island would have been smaller I guess. It would be great to have a more detailed topography of the ridge. Then everything above -768m could be exposed with the precise shape. Due to the vertical and horizontal tectonic forces involved the topographic details of the ridge might have changed though.

Mid-Atlantic-Ridge.gif

Here is another pretty interesting sounding idea/book, I was made aware of through one of the latest podcasts from Randall.

Last edited:
I finished the last episode of the Atlantis series in the podcast although it isn‘t really the last as Carlson mentions since Atlantis and what happened there is a important corner stone of many other things that will be discussed in further episodes.

Having said that, I took a special note of Carlson distinctly hinting at the possibility that Atlantis might not only have been regionally but global in its extend/reach (which he explicitly mentioned as a possibility we shouldn‘t dismiss out of hand). Also I noted that he hinted at his upcoming book/-s and that this and other areas will be discussed in there in more detail. Now I’m really curious what he will make out of this in the book/-s to come soon.

I can also say something now I wasn’t quite sure about before, after following/watching his stuff; Randall isn’t atheistic/materialistic/darwinistic in his approach/thinking and outlook on things. Quite the contrary in fact. He also seems to be quite aware of the works of the early Theosophists and other „fringe stuff“ like Edgar Cayce‘s channeling.

This would be a smaller version of the island. It's more or less the size above -750m taken from the topographical maps below. I could imagine that the whole red triangle shaped area, you see on the bottom left, might have been visible, although parts of it are deeper than -750 meters. But I could imagine that certain parts of the island might have sunken deeper than others.

ATLANTIS_750.jpg

1972: Deep drilling in an active geothermal area in the Azores
"A surprising result of our experiment has been the depth at which submarine deposits were encountered. Subaerial or shallow marine conditions are found to 768m below present sea level and indicate substantial subsidence of the island. Postglacial sea level rise since 18,000 BP can account for only 130m of subsidence".

This is the map I based my overpaint on. The island would have been smaller I guess. It would be great to have a more detailed topography of the ridge. Then everything above -768m could be exposed with the precise shape. Due to the vertical and horizontal tectonic forces involved the topographic details of the ridge might have changed though.

View attachment 33169
Quite detailed ocean floor elevation datasets are available for free, as well as the software to do elevation analysis. However if I’m not mistaken, if the assumption of the research is based on isostasy, there would be a miss of corroboration to only study the North Atlantic or Mid Atlantic Ridge without looking at the uplifts in surrounding land masses. Unfortunately that (scope broadening) would creep the scope of the study by allowing the tectonic background to be added to the picture, as any timeline would considerably overshoot the Quaternary era (Pleistocene, Holocene, Anthropocene) and Plato’s geoarguments for Atlantis. Difficult. Nevertheless, better maps to use you can either find online or even make yourself with the available data.

Quite detailed ocean floor elevation datasets are available for free, as well as the software to do elevation analysis. However if I’m not mistaken, if the assumption of the research is based on isostasy, there would be a miss of corroboration to only study the North Atlantic or Mid Atlantic Ridge without looking at the uplifts in surrounding land masses. Unfortunately that (scope broadening) would creep the scope of the study by allowing the tectonic background to be added to the picture, as any timeline would considerably overshoot the Quaternary era (Pleistocene, Holocene, Anthropocene) and Plato’s geoarguments for Atlantis. Difficult. Nevertheless, better maps to use you can either find online or even make yourself with the available data.
Maybe I'll do another search to find a more detailed map. But even then it would only be a very rough approximation to what it really might have looked like. If enough parts of the Azores plateau had been drilled into to determine the common coastline, which might differ here and there, a better approximation should be possible.

I can also say something now I wasn’t quite sure about before, after following/watching his stuff; Randall isn’t atheistic/materialistic/darwinistic in his approach/thinking and outlook on things. Quite the contrary in fact. He also seems to be quite aware of the works of the early Theosophists and other „fringe stuff“ like Edgar Cayce‘s channeling.
Yes, in the last episode he even refers to Gurdjieff.

About this Atlantis temple: I find it most intreaging what he says about geodecy, cosmic numbers and geometry, also the observation that the geometry of specific stellar and earthly proportions got utilized in the ancient world and applied to various architectual structures worldwide in terms of measurements, proportion and allignments. In other words: to some degree ancient architecture seems to be a continuation of/approximation to the architecture of the solar system (and beyond), measures, devisions and geometric patterns we still use today. Has it been a conscious decition at some point in the distant past to mimik and apply natures geometry or is it a build in thing for every being, to be capable of reproducing harmonius patterns and systems, either consciously or unconcsiously? Is geometry the universal language?

I think of it this way: It seems like a cosmic rhythm or a musical time signature, that shines through events and sequences even then, when the musical piece is completelly improvised. For instance: If there is a major, dramatic event in the musical composition, then it will be placed in the beginning of a new pattern (which has a certain proportional relationship to other elements), otherwise it would sound off and unrhythmical ;P If I apply the musical analogy to the state of affairs on planet earth, I'd say we are completelly out of synch. Most of the people and organisations play their own little tune with little regard to what others play or what nature plays for that matter. Frequency wise and rhythmically way off.

I also find Randalls argument about the balancing forces of isostacy very interesting, forces of nature that try to rebalance the system and try to establish the perfectly harmonious pattern, but because of the complexity of the system, never or at least rarely get to that point of perfect equivlibrium. In that regard there is always the ideal pattern in form of a potential on one side and on the other the reality on the ground, theory and practice, which causes bigger and smaller deviations from the ideal. But it's the struggle that counts, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom