Barack Obama

from _http://www.aapsonline.org/newsoftheday/0089

Oratory—or hypnotic induction?
October 25th, 2008
Is Barack Obama a brilliant orator, captivating millions through his eloquence? Or is he deliberately using the techniques of neurolinguistic programming (NLP), a covert form of hypnosis developed by Milton Erickson, M.D.?

A fundamental tool of “conversational hypnosis” is pacing and leading—a way for the hypnotist to bypass the listener’s critical faculty by associating repeated statements that are unquestionably accurate with the message he wants to convey.

In his Denver acceptance speech, Obama used the phrases “that’s why I stand here tonight,” “now is the time,” and “this moment” 14 times. Paces are connected to the lead by words such as “and,” “as,” “because,” or “that is why.” For example, “we need change” (who could disagree?)…and…that is why I will be your next President.”
Techniques of trance induction include extra slow speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion. Hypnotists often have patients count. In a speech after the primaries closed, Obama said: “Sixteen months have passed (paused)…Thousands (pause) of miles…(pause)…Millions of voices….”

Hypnotists call this a distraction technique: sending the dominant hemisphere on an assignment involving linguistic processes, thus opening the nondominant hemisphere to suggestion.

Hand gestures can be used as hypnotic anchors, or to aid in hypnotic command implantation. They can be difficult to distinguish from innocent gestures used for emphasis. Obama, however, uses some gestures extraordinarily often and for very specific words such as “believe” and “chose.” His characteristic thumb-and-forefinger gesture looks like a hand holding a pencil—as if you were in a voting booth. The gesture of pointing sends the subconscious message that a person in authority is giving a command.

Obama actually said at one time: “a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will say to yourself, ‘I have to vote for Barack.’”

You will not choose to vote for Barack: you will “have to.” It is not a logical choice, but rather one directed by a mystical (subconscious) force. What purpose would a politician have for making such a statement? Obama used it only once. Perhaps he stopped either because he realized it was too obvious or because Hillary Clinton and John McCain ridiculed him for it.

Obama’s logo is noteworthy. It is always there, a small one in the middle of the podium, providing a point of visual fixation. Unlike other presidential logos, one looks through it, not at it. It might just be the letter “O,” but it also resembles a crystal ball, a favorite of hypnotists.

Obama is clearly having a powerful effect on people, especially young people and highly educated people—both considered to be especially susceptible to hypnosis. It is also interesting that many Jews are supporting a candidate who is endorsed by Hamas, Farakhan, Khalidi, and Iran.

While some believe that hypnosis is not real, others believe that it is very powerful, and very dangerous in the wrong hands. Dr. Erickson, father of modern hypnosis, was adamant that his techniques should only be used by physicians. In 1954, the U.S. Supreme Court decided in Leyra v. Denno that a confession obtained using hypnosis could not be used against the suspect in court.

A 66-page, extensively footnoted but unsigned article “An Examination of Obama’s Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches” is available at: _http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=039963&From=News

The discussion should have broad applicability in analyzing political speech in general. Comments by those with knowledge of hypnotic techniques are especially welcome.

you can always recognize a man's true character by the people he surrounds himself with.

Ain't that the truth!

Now, according to the truthseeker.com site, Obama has appointed the fragrant Madelaine '500,000 dead Iraqi children is a price worth paying' Albright to represent him at the Bush economic summit.

He really does seem to be nailing his colours to the mast by his staff choices.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

I'm no fan of Obama, but this is written like a hit piece.  The part about 'like your holding a pencil in a voting booth' , for instance is quite a stretch.  NLP is quite commonly used by orators, from politicians to clergy and it is effective -however, this article is just way too loaded 'against' Obama as the evil hypnotist to be taken seriously.  If he had also addressed the leading evangelical preachers who use NLP , then it might be easier to swallow.

Yeah, I can see that, some parts are quite a stretch. I just found it interesting, especially since it had been written by the "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc." Maybe they're all McCain/Republican supporters? As mentioned on the bottom of the article they have a 66 page analysis of Obama's speech "techniques" but I haven't gotten to read it.

Bernhard said:
Yeah, I can see that, some parts are quite a stretch. I just found it interesting, especially since it had been written by the "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc."

Well, that says it all right there. That's another ponerized group created for the purpose of helping people but has been subverted by pathologicals for their own aims. Grain of sand, take anything they say with ;)

A 66-page, extensively footnoted but unsigned article “An Examination of Obama’s Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches” is available

IMO, the highlighted portion says it all.

Google the "I have a dream" speech.  Read it.  You might notice two things, like I did.  First, it is rather dry if you can manage to just read the words.  Second, I find it exceedingly difficult to *just* read the words as I cannot help but internally hear Dr. Martin Luther King's voice and cadence deliver them to me.  Third, you might notice that the first 3/4 of the speech is completely unfamiliar.  (OK, so I didn't expect a kind of "Spanish Inquisition" (obscure reference to the mismatched counts)).

Oratory is not just words, it is words, delivered with inflection, emotion and timing.  What burned the "I have a dream" speech into the collective consciousness was not the words themselves, but the delivery.  The last 1/4 of the speech is not really a speech, it is a chant.  The rhythm, the sound, the burning intensity of the delivery is why those words are so remembered.

Where does the data come from that the article was truly written by the "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc."?  Who or what is this organization?

whois said:
WHOIS information for: freedomsphoenix.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... freedomsphoenix.com
  Creation Date........ 2005-06-21
  Registration Date.... 2005-06-21
  Expiry Date.......... 2009-06-21
  Organisation Name.... Ernest Hancock
  Organisation Address. Box 7450
  Organisation Address.
  Organisation Address. Phoenix
  Organisation Address. 85011
  Organisation Address. AZ
  Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Tyger Gilbert
  Admin Address........ Box 7450
  Admin Address........
  Admin Address........ Phoenix
  Admin Address........ 85011
  Admin Address........ AZ
  Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
  Admin Email.......... TygerGilbert@azwebads.com
  Admin Phone.......... 602-997-0088
  Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Tyger Gilbert
  Tech Address......... Box 7450
  Tech Address.........
  Tech Address......... Phoenix
  Tech Address......... 85011
  Tech Address......... AZ
  Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
  Tech Email........... TygerGilbert@azwebads.com
  Tech Phone........... 602-997-0088
  Tech Fax.............
  Name Server.......... ns1.secure.net
  Name Server.......... ns2.secure.net

Ernest Hancock is a local libertarian who has run for a number of offices in Arizona, all unsuccessfully.  He has several web sites:

_http://www.ernesthancock.com/ and _http://ernesthancock.org/ that should allow one to find out who he is and what he is about.

While thinking about hypnotic oratory, what about Senator John McCain's repeated use of the chant "We must fight" as an attempt to whip up the emotions of the party faithful?  Listening to many of McCain's speeches was exceedingly disturbing to me as I could not help but make the association with Hitler's oratory and speeches to the German people.

osit

And to underscore this very fine point by bedower:

"U.S. spy chiefs offer to stay on with Obama"

_http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/11/13/us-spy-chiefs-offer-to-stay-on-with-obama/

db

ZBIG:Psychopath Extraordinaire and Puppetmaster General is a ten minutes film clip of one of Barack Obama's foreign policy advisors. It is worth the view to understand the "Man Behind the Curtain".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRSzYZg22M

According to Keith Olbermann, Hilary has been offered the position of Secretary of State in the Obama cabinet.

HuffPo: Hillary Offered Job, Updated
by Keith Olbermann
Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 01:15:57 PM PST
Yeah, I could almost hear the doubts coming through my studio windows when Andrea Mitchell quoted her two sources last night as saying Senator Clinton was under consideration for Secretary of State.
I even read here earlier today that I wasn't very smart, or something, for reporting it.
Well if it was a misleading leak, it just became a misleading dam break.

President-elect Barack Obama offered Sen. Hillary Clinton the position of Secretary of State during their meeting Thursday in Chicago, according to two senior Democratic officials. She requested time to consider the offer, the officials said.

Wow, what a thread. I've read all the posts and will try not to repeat anyone.

Yes, the election seemed to be a "good cop vs. bad cop" tag-team event presented by the Trilaterals and CFR, with the truly more dangerous candidate (because of the whole world being taken in, some polls say 90% worldwide were for Obama) winning by design. I would like to focus, though, on comments by the C's.

1. Bush will be president until he "dies." "Dies" might mean as little as his lease on power being revoked. Regarding this interregnum and the Vigilant Shield martial-law exercise, I have two eyewitness accounts that may be related. The first, a guy I know recently witnessed an all-white, unmarked, unlicensed (no plate) truck on a NH highway, with a trailer carrying a 15-foot long cubic device fitted with high-intensity surveillance lights and a giant dish. He was perplexed enough to seek it on the web and found it to be a microwave-based Active Denial System for crowd control, the very one described here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10504.0, right down to the Ford 550 truck. Second, I myself saw on a MA highway last weekend a caravan of 2 all-white, unmarked except for Homeland Security seal, 18-wheel trucks, followed by two similar 10-wheelers, followed by two 6-wheelers with trailers (one a closed white box, one with a small people-mover - kind of a bulldozer with padded plow and cab enclosed in mesh fencing to keep people and things out - and marked MA Task Force), followed by six vans (5 white, 1 gray), followed by 4 pick-up trucks. All similarly white and unmarked or HS-marked with gov't plates. MA Task Force I looked up, and it is FEMA.

2. C's suggested the brown star might become visible and cause some hubbub. I thought Autobot's comment, "well Obama's dark skinned and at the moment he has star status" was very interesting. Loosely tying in are "invasion happens when programming is complete," and "Your Biblical prophecies speak of a period of terror and chaos followed by calm, and then, unexpectedly, amdist seeming overwhelming peace and renewal and prosperity, the end. So, it seems to me that it would be a major clue if the star Obama ushers in improvement of some bad problems like wars and the economy, resulting in "complete" calming followed suddenly by chaos. My frustration at the popular opinion of Obama reminds me of Bringers of the Dawn when it described what some of us would feel after an invasion of ET "saviors."
Many of you may find that you will be very frustrated. You will see things that others will not see; you will see a mass mania occurring on this planet, and you will not be able to live with it. You will see masses of people walk toward a false god that is foolishness. [...]
The P's were talking about ETs, but it's almost like Obama and company fit the bill. The P's also said, "Never take anything we say literally."
Many people will turn to worshipping these beings because it will seem as if miracles are occurring and the grandest event in the history of the world is taking place. It may seem that humanity is being given a whole new opportunity, a whole new golden era. Then there will be a very big surprise, and people will find that the tyrannies are larger than ever before.
So, if Obama starts working wonders, I'll worry! Could the golden era be the promise of a world gov't led by someone with built-in, worldwide, popular support?

3. It has been suggested that there is time pressure, an assumed "schedule" for things on the grand chessboard to get done. We see acceleration of events and The C's said the learning process is also accelerating. We saw the last eight years as an acceleration of PTB plans, and the eight years prior, and the eight years before those. So, how or why would the beginning of this new administration be any different? I suggest there will be no pause. The time pressure puts weight, IMO, behind the suggestions of #1 and #2 that something will happen soon to shift upward another gear.

4. The C's said that a "miscalculation" would reveal the man behind the curtain. I ask, have we seen the miscalculation yet? Specifically, as seek10 asked, is Obama the "miscalculation?" Basically, this is what the New Agers believe (see the thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10405.0). I'm leaning now toward "no, he is not the miscalculation" because of his leading cabinet/staff candidates. Prior to now there was benefit of the doubt, even though he was pledging allegiance to Zionism and surrounded by war hawks, think-tank psychos, and Wall Street moneymen. Any candidate must cozy up to these powers to get elected. Only post-election could he have started showing some independence. Now that we are post-election, his leading staff/cabinet candidates suggest that he is still bought and paid for. Obama's making of apparently anti-establisment moves like reversing tax cuts for the rich, dismantling Guantanamo, and taking down missiles could all be considered minor in the grand scheme, done simply to sucker in slightly-more-awake doubters. I'm more interested in what comes of his review of Bush's executive orders. Sure, I could be wrong and it might be post-inauguration that his chance will come, because he has to continue to play ball to stay alive until becoming president -- but I doubt it. Does anyone know at what point JFK started asserting himself in a way "uncooperative" with the PTB?

Conclusion: Obama is not, IMO, the miscalculation, but rather, acceleration is in the air, and maybe the miscalculation will be the reaction of the masses if acceleration is too rapid. Maybe, if something too shocking happens, the frog will feel the heat and try to leap out of the pot? Maybe the something shocking will be a result of "help is drawing near?" Some impossible-to-deny revelations of truth, maybe?

PopHistorian said:
Loosely tying in are "invasion happens when programming is complete," and "Your Biblical prophecies speak of a period of terror and chaos followed by calm, and then, unexpectedly, amdist seeming overwhelming peace and renewal and prosperity, the end. So, it seems to me that it would be a major clue if the star Obama ushers in improvement of some bad problems like wars and the economy, resulting in "complete" calming followed suddenly by chaos. My frustration at the popular opinion of Obama reminds me of Bringers of the Dawn when it described what some of us would feel after an invasion of ET "saviors."
Many of you may find that you will be very frustrated. You will see things that others will not see; you will see a mass mania occurring on this planet, and you will not be able to live with it. You will see masses of people walk toward a false god that is foolishness. [...]
The P's were talking about ETs, but it's almost like Obama and company fit the bill. The P's also said, "Never take anything we say literally."
Many people will turn to worshipping these beings because it will seem as if miracles are occurring and the grandest event in the history of the world is taking place. It may seem that humanity is being given a whole new opportunity, a whole new golden era. Then there will be a very big surprise, and people will find that the tyrannies are larger than ever before.
So, if Obama starts working wonders, I'll worry! Could the golden era be the promise of a world gov't led by someone with built-in, worldwide, popular support?

Wow, I think you may be on to something there. Reading the above sent shivers down my spine. In the meantime, nothing to do but wait and see, wait and OBSERVE.....

:/

Interesting thoughts in this thread!

I didn't find this topic in a search, but has the mandatory Universal Civil Defence Traning plan that Obama and his cronies are developing been discussed here yet? Apparently it would mean a mandatory 3 months of service for all 18-25 year old citizens to quote

"give people a sense of what it means to be an American." -Rahm Emanuel

Some footage here dealing with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV8iXiB9Xg

In Bernhards post titled "Oratory or Hynotic Induction" he presents a quote which states:

Techniques of trance induction include extra slow speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion.

Separating Oratory from Hynotic Induction misses the point, I think. Oratory IS hynotic induction.

I'm sorry to bring up Shakespeare again, but that man knew not only oratory, but he understood how oratory hypnotizes and moves crowds. Read his history plays. Read his tragedies.

Let me share how he does it, and how Obama does it, and how every good orator does it.

Oratory is effective not only because of its use of "varying rhythms of speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion", but also because it uses repetition, and sound.

Vowels are emotive.

Cononants provide energy to the speaker. Why do curse words in English begin with "F", "S", 'B_S_", "C" P"?
It's to give energy for the ensuing fight.

If a speaker emphasizes vowels, as Ophelia does in the following speech, the actress can create a physiologcal reaction that will bring tears to her eyes.

I've used this technique when coaching kids who are preparing speeches, scenes, or plays from Shakespeare.

In the following speech by Ophelia, notice how many O's Shakespeare gives her. When the mouth is opened wide the effect on the eyes in similar to the effect produced by yawning.

Ophelia said:
O what a noble mind is here o'er thrown!
The courtier's, scholar's, soldier's, eye, to[ngue, sword,
Th' expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion and the mould of form,
Th' observ'd of all observers- quite, quite down! 1845
And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That suck'd the honey of his music vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,
Like sweet bells jangled, o ut of tune and harsh;
That unmatch'd form and feature of blown youth 1850
Blasted with ecstasy. O, woe is me
T' have seen what I have seen, see what I see!

There are tons of vowels in that speech - I just stessed the O. I've coached many girls who have worked on this speech, and they were always amazed how their eyes filled with tears by the end.

Hamlet's words, which precipitated such despair in Ophelia are created with words that begin and end for the most part with consonants Notice also the effect of the "s' which is also stressed - really pronounce the consonants- spit them out as though challenging your worst enemy:

"Get thee to a nunnery. Why woulds't thou be a breeder of sinners?

If you say the words in each speech, stressing the vowels in Ophelia's, and the beginning and ending consonants in Hamlet's, you should experience sorrow and anger respectively in the the body.

The listener is also affected by the sounds.

In the ancient world, aside from prowess as a fighter, one had to be a skilled orator.

How else does a leader inspire his men to fight in battle? If one looks in The Iliad one can find many, many examples of speeches, both brilliant, (Odysseus] and moronic [Agamemnon].

I am not a scholar of Ancient Greek, so I can not comment on the effect the sound of the words had on the listeners, but for millennium students studied Homer to learn the techniques of oratory.

As a former teacher, I applaud Obama's skill. Perhaps it will inspire students to study this ancient art so that they can recognize when the speaker is playing on emotion to acheive his/her aim.

webglider said:
I applaud Obama's skill....

Yes, its not the skill itself that is at issue. Any skill can be used for good or for bad, depending on the intention of the user. JFK, Martin Luther King, and Hitler were all known for their oratory skills, but used them to achieve very different ends. To what purpose will Obama use his gift of oration? It's not looking good so far, but only time will tell....

PopHistorian said:
Wow, what a thread. I've read all the posts and will try not to repeat anyone.

Yes, the election seemed to be a "good cop vs. bad cop" tag-team event presented by the Trilaterals and CFR, with the truly more dangerous candidate (because of the whole world being taken in, some polls say 90% worldwide were for Obama) winning by design. I would like to focus, though, on comments by the C's.
[...]
My frustration at the popular opinion of Obama reminds me of Bringers of the Dawn when it described what some of us would feel after an invasion of ET "saviors."

Very interesting views, PopHistorian, looking at the quotes' of the P's from a different perspective. Pretty much reflects my frustration with the Obama hype as well.
On another note, with his world wide almost "celebrity" status, he might be the perfect person to bring about Disclosure and welcome ET's as friends and saviors, showering us with their marvelous gifts of technology?

Others say he may introduce an ET threat scenario:

from _http://exopolitics.blogs.com/exopolitics/2008/11/exopolitics-media-note-obama-orbs-and-dimensional-disclosure.html

Another sector of opinion within the Exopolitics community believe that Obama may be used as a front man for a "Disclosure Management" psychological warfare operation by U.S. and other military intelligence agencies. Under this scenario, a false "ET Disclosure" would be rolled out with ETs as a hostile or authoritarian force, a strategy calculated to spread the arms race and war economy to outer space, and to foster a global totalitarian police state on Earth.

But as PepperFritz, said, let's wait and observe.......until the "path" Obama takes reveals itself more......

Back
Top Bottom