Battle: Los Angeles

As I probably won’t see this at the theaters, can anyone tell me how close it conforms to the actual historical incident it is based on? It was the 1940s I think, and during the incident, American military fired on what appeared to numerous UFOs. It was witnessed by hundreds of people and written about in the west coast media of the day.
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
As I probably won’t see this at the theaters, can anyone tell me how close it conforms to the actual historical incident it is based on? It was the 1940s I think, and during the incident, American military fired on what appeared to numerous UFOs. It was witnessed by hundreds of people and written about in the west coast media of the day.
shellycheval
Shelly, I believe you're confusing Battle: Los Angeles with Battle of Los Angeles. Both movies came out this year.
The second one is based on the actual event in California, and from what I hear, is pretty accurate.

Thanks White Bear--indeed I am confusing the two. My internet use is limited right now and I am unable to research both movies at this time, but it seems rather intentionally confusing to make a fictional movie with a similar title and topic as a movie that is more of a docudrama, and release them both near the same time.
Surely this muddies the impact the movie based on the actual events might have had it been released without the competition of the other. More of the same suggesting a reality about UFOs without really disclosing any truth I guess. More smoke and mirrors, meant to keep everyone debating reality instead of working together to search for it.
shellycheval

Battle Of Los Angeles is just a very low budget copy of Battle : LA in the same way Transmorphers ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmorphers ) is a low budget copy of Transformers. Pretty much every big block buster movie that comes out is copied by a low budget film production company called The Asylum (go figure). There is, however, a documentery coming out about the famous 1940s battle but i cant seem to find a link for it at the mo i just remember seeing a link for it somewhere.

ive found the link to the documentry i was thinking of _http://www.tbln.com/TBOLA/index.html . Its still in production and is being directed by one Jose Escamilla who has been mentioned a couple of times before on this board but not in a bad way. There are a couple of clips on the site but nothing much beyond that. Certainly something to keep an eye on tho.

Ady said:
ive found the link to the documentry i was thinking of _http://www.tbln.com/TBOLA/index.html . Its still in production and is being directed by one Jose Escamilla who has been mentioned a couple of times before on this board but not in a bad way. There are a couple of clips on the site but nothing much beyond that. Certainly something to keep an eye on tho.

Thank you, Ady...I was incorrect with my initial posting of links. Hollywood did another number on me, lol. I had no idea there was a "B" version of Battle: Los Angeles...I assumed Battle of Los Angeles that I found in IMDB was the documentary. Thanks for posting the link to the documentary, that was the one I -really- wanted to post.

WhiteBear said:
Ady said:

Thank you, Ady...I was incorrect with my initial posting of links. Hollywood did another number on me, lol. I had no idea there was a "B" version of Battle: Los Angeles...I assumed Battle of Los Angeles that I found in IMDB was the documentary. Thanks for posting the link to the documentary, that was the one I -really- wanted to post.

This kind of confusion is, I think, sometimes used as a deliberate way of hiding information from search engines. -Several stupid but popular things are given the same title as something of true value which is already obscure, and suddenly that valuable nugget is hopelessly lost under an avalanche of garbage. The first 1000 search results automatically bring up the wrong thing.

I've been confounded by this more than once in other areas of research, and only found my way to the real item I was seeking because I knew before hand that it existed.

I don't know if that is what is going on here, but the net result is that the original story has been effectively vanished from all major search engines.

Back
Top Bottom