Behind the Headlines: Jesus never existed? Interview with Laura Knight Jadczyk!

Yes, thanks for the show guys. Also pleased to hear Joe is well again.!

After Carrota's "Was Jesus Caesar" I thought that I might as well prepare myself for Laura's book to come about the subject.
Because having read 15 of her 16, I knew that this one would, again, involve a lot of information, would be brainstretching and ask a lot of concentration.

So I read : F C Baur "Paul, apostel of Jesus", B Ehrman"s "Jesus, interrupted", Gerd Lüdemann "Paul, founder of Christianity", Robert M Price "The case against the case for Christ", Dennis R McDonald "Homeric epics and the gospel of Mark".
When reading these books I got emotional and could not keep my distances so I didn't start R Pervo's: "Dating Acts".
(This because of not so pleasant experiences with the catholic church.)

Nevertheless I really would like to know how the bible came to be and have such an enormous influence on the lives of so many people.
So I am very greatful for the work Laura has been doing for finding this out and write a book about it.
I am not a historian nor an academic, just very curious.

Thank you and merry Saturnalia everyone!

Thanks for a great show folks! It is always a real pleasure to hear Laura, and I am looking forward to the publication of her new book! :bacon:

Joe's closing comments were very inspiring too I thought. As Laura said in her recent sott article, spreading knowledge is the only antidote - to the rising fascism, extreme earth changes, and utter madness and horror we are witnessing. Just doing that, to the best of our ability and as creatively as possible, with as much courage, acceptance, passion, joy and humour as we can muster - is to live like a human being I think. :)

Thank you again and merry Saturnalia everyone! :hug2:

Yesterday evening a listened the show. Very, very interesting. I cant wait to read the new Laura book and all the details about this topic about Jesus and myth about him.

Anam Cara said:
Thanks for a great show folks! It is always a real pleasure to hear Laura, and I am looking forward to the publication of her new book! :bacon:

A great show thank you! I look forward to the book which comes out soon and wish everyone a Happy Saturnalia!

x408gGR.jpg

Listened yesterday, since this time I did not want to go to the family I thought it was a good day to hear it. Was quite interesting, although I must say that I am too much of an ignorant around that part of history, even though it start to grow an interest to read next book.

Hope you had a very nice Saturnalia!! :)

Thanks!

Managed to finally listen to the show :), and it was amazing ! thanks a million Laura, Perceval and Niall for the great show- really looking forward to the new book as well :bacon: :cheer:

Thanks for the show which was really informative. Looking forward to reading Laura's new book. Incidentally in one of the intervals a song was played and I am wondering which song this was. It sounded very much like Mark Knoffler.

Kinyash said:
Thanks for the show which was really informative. Looking forward to reading Laura's new book. Incidentally in one of the intervals a song was played and I am wondering which song this was. It sounded very much like Mark Knoffler.

I Dug Up A Diamond - by Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris
from the Album - All The Roadrunning

I listened today and what a great show! Your research Laura, is so exceptional. Its a joy to hear the true history of things. I'm amazed about Saturnalia as I"ve never heard of it before either! I suppose this is where the name Santa comes from.

Also the information on Paul is fascinating. Really gives a picture of the times he was living in. I thought it was interesting how he didn't want anything to do with that "circumcised bunch". Another custom thats caught on in a big way... wonder what the original purpose of that was. The group it came from weren't a very pleasant bunch it seems. Merlin Stone wrote in "When God was a Women" this practice was viewed as a sacrifice to the Goddess. It replaced the castration of men who where eunuchs and served in the goddess temples. It has been a very long time since I read that book, it seemed to me well researched which is the impression I had at the time.

But, I wouldn't picture the group Paul refers to as making a sacrifice to the goddess in any way. I dont know, just something that caught my attention.

Thank you all for another wonderful program. So full of good information as usual.

@Laura: Did you put into the new book the near 300 years of time discrepancy between the current proposed false date of 2015 and estimated real date, that we are actually living in ~1715?

That could be a unique selling point for this new product and in reviews we can have an excellent time hinting at it! This blockbuster point should be one of the major features revealed and should deliver one of the biggest surprises of all time.

Maybe I misunderstood it, but wasn't that '300 years' of missing time actually a lack of any recording of events in certain areas of the planet for that designated period of time? Thus, the need to fill it in with something... anything that sounds good to the average listener/reader. Didn't she state this was the case in Europe during the last dark age?... finding the same data elsewhere with different names attached to the events... this history was then transferred to the empty locale in question with a name change et al. Someone else mentioned this missing period is recognized, in certain academic circles, in Central Europe.... was it Romania?? Then perhaps the same situation during the Roman dark age, and before that, didn't she find the same or similar situation in and around Egypt the last time the main comet cluster passed through? Which is why there appeared to be so many pharaohs.... the empire/kingdom broke up with the collapse of civilization with local 'kings' in each area, that only later was imperial control reestablished... thus the name change game that doesn't fit any of the records.

Back
Top Bottom