Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Vaccines

I just found out that in the hospital where I work, you either get a flu shot, or you have to wear a face mask for the duration of the flu season when moving about the hospital. They put a tag on your employee badge that indicates if you had the flu shot or not. Pretty evil how they pretty much force people to get flu shots by making it really inconvenient if you don't. On the other hand, I didn't have a Halloween costume picked out this year, so now I get a free mask, that's like half a costume right there.

SAO said:
I just found out that in the hospital where I work, you either get a flu shot, or you have to wear a face mask for the duration of the flu season when moving about the hospital. They put a tag on your employee badge that indicates if you had the flu shot or not. Pretty evil how they pretty much force people to get flu shots by making it really inconvenient if you don't.

Pretty evil and fascist too, how they will have everyone marked as having gotten the shot or not! :scared: :evil:

SAO said:
On the other hand, I didn't have a Halloween costume picked out this year, so now I get a free mask, that's like half a costume right there.

When one gets lemons.... :lol:

Alana said:
SAO said:
On the other hand, I didn't have a Halloween costume picked out this year, so now I get a free mask, that's like half a costume right there.
Just need a scrub suit and I can be a surgeon this year. See how they like that one in a hospital..

SAO said:
Alana said:
SAO said:
Just need a scrub suit and I can be a surgeon this year. See how they like that one in a hospital..

This was my buddy's costume last year at halloween:

13651_531317508532_24101852_31411647_2318642_n.jpg

The caulking gun is his syringe. His shirt reads "FEMA: Fraudulent Emergency Misinformation Agency".

My mum is a teacher and encouraged to get a flu shot each year by people in the school. Every year she gets her flu shot. I print articles for her from SoTT like this one to try to help her to be aware of the dangers involved, hoping that she will choose to not get a flu shot, but so far they haven't made any difference. She also read the UltraMind solution, so she should be aware of the dangers of mercury and its presence in vaccines. Yesterday she went to our local health center to get her eye looked at because conjunctivitis (pink eye) is going around her school and she thought she was infected. I guess they asked her if she wanted a flu shot "while you're here", so she got one. When she got home at the end of the day she mentioned that she got the shot. I didn't say anything, but I think I looked surprised. She said that she "almost left without getting it, but decided to anyway because she doesn't want to get the flu". A little while later she seemed angry at me and said something along the lines of "I know you don't want me to get flu shots, but I can't remember why. I can't remember having any adverse reactions to the shots in the past, so why shouldn't she get them?" I said that I thought it was up to her to decide whether or not she thought it was safe to get one, and that I never said I didn't want her to get one (I can't remember saying that). I think that we've had some dinner table discussions about autism and mercury in vaccines because we both read the UltraMind solution and there is an autistic kid in her school. I said I could print her some articles to read if she wanted. She said "Why don't you just tell me why I'm not supposed to get them?". I said no, you should read the information and decide for yourself. "But you're not getting one" she said, and I said no. So she asked me "why not?" I said I didn't think I needed one because there's not much risk of me getting the flu, and because I'm healthy. At this point she let it rest, and so did I.

Reading the article I mentioned above this morning reminded me of what happened yesterday. My first impulse was to print the article for her, give it to her and say "this is why I'm not getting a flu shot, and this is why you shouldn't get them either", but I think this would be counterproductive. It would make her feel bad and regret getting the flu shot, and it would build up my self importance, "see I was right", and she would resent me for it. Could I have handled this situation differently/better?

Seamas said:
A little while later she seemed angry at me and said something along the lines of "I know you don't want me to get flu shots, but I can't remember why. I can't remember having any adverse reactions to the shots in the past, so why shouldn't she get them?" I said that I thought it was up to her to decide whether or not she thought it was safe to get one, and that I never said I didn't want her to get one (I can't remember saying that).[..]

My first impulse was to print the article for her, give it to her and say "this is why I'm not getting a flu shot, and this is why you shouldn't get them either", but I think this would be counterproductive. It would make her feel bad and regret getting the flu shot, and it would build up my self importance, "see I was right", and she would resent me for it. Could I have handled this situation differently/better?

I agree, starting a whole big discussion post factum may be counterproductive and lead to hurt feelings. But it may be wise to bring up the subject again sometimes before the next round of shots is advertised.

The only place where you could have handled things differently, in my view, is the point when she asked you a question to just tell her why you think flu shots are bad (see quote above). It kind of sounded as a chip-on-the-shoulder statement, not real interest, and a covert attempt to make you responsible for her behavior. So I do see why you evaded the answer. The downside is that she could have perceived your reaction as "sulking", and that overall, the conflict wasn't fully dissolved.

The other way to deal with it would have been to answer, giving her the benefit of the doubt: perhaps, some people simply find it hard to read stuff, get the gist of it, and relate it to their lives. Clearly, your opinion (or your approval more so) is important enough for her that she acted somewhat shifty that she got the vaccine without you knowing it. There are ways to put your idea together concisely and in a way that's impersonal, yet strong, and really drive the point home. As an example, here is what I have said in the past: "Look, here's the deal. The vaccination is a wager. But you are NOT choosing between a terrible disease and not having it. The wager is between a remote possibility of getting a disease, and a complication right now. Think of the flu: you may not even get it this season, and if you do, it's not a big deal really if you take care of yourself. And you know how to take care of yourself, and, you have medicines, doctors, hospitals available to help you in that. But if you do get a complication from a vaccine, it's unpredictable, immediate, and most importantly -- you are on your own in figuring out what to do, and fixing the situation. The doctors will pooh-pooh you, the hospitals will not know what to do, any financial compensation from the government will be measly. This is what some of the articles I was showing you, talk about. Is it worth the risk? I think not."

It's her choice in the end though, so ... :/

Hildegarda,

Thanks for your reply.

H said:
The only place where you could have handled things differently, in my view, is the point when she asked you a question to just tell her why you think flu shots are bad (see quote above). It kind of sounded as a chip-on-the-shoulder statement, not real interest, and a covert attempt to make you responsible for her behavior. So I do see why you evaded the answer. The downside is that she could have perceived your reaction as "sulking", and that overall, the conflict wasn't fully dissolved.

This was my take on her comments too, thanks for the objective opinion.

H said:
The other way to deal with it would have been to answer, giving her the benefit of the doubt: perhaps, some people simply find it hard to read stuff, get the gist of it, and relate it to their lives. Clearly, your opinion (or your approval more so) is important enough for her that she acted somewhat shifty that she got the vaccine without you knowing it. There are ways to put your idea together concisely and in a way that's impersonal, yet strong, and really drive the point home. As an example, here is what I have said in the past: "Look, here's the deal. The vaccination is a wager. But you are NOT choosing between a terrible disease and not having it. The wager is between a remote possibility of getting a disease, and a complication right now. Think of the flu: you may not even get it this season, and if you do, it's not a big deal really if you take care of yourself. And you know how to take care of yourself, and, you have medicines, doctors, hospitals available to help you in that. But if you do get a complication from a vaccine, it's unpredictable, immediate, and most importantly -- you are on your own in figuring out what to do, and fixing the situation. The doctors will pooh-pooh you, the hospitals will not know what to do, any financial compensation from the government will be measly. This is what some of the articles I was showing you, talk about. Is it worth the risk? I think not."

She seems to have a difficult time remembering what she reads, as well as the specifics of conversations like this. I am worried that her system is overloaded by heavy metals, and I think she really needs to detox. I would like to encourage her to speak to a doctor about it and get tested for heavy metals so that there is some evidence to go on. She read the UltraMind Solution over the summer after I finished it, of her own accord, so I know that she has been exposed to some of these ideas. She's been taking vitamins since then and her health seemed to improve over the summer, but now that she is back at work the stress seems to be really getting to her. She has a real hangup about going to the doctor because it shows "weakness". I'm not sure how to encourage her, or even if I should! In the past I don't think I behaved appropriately when I tried to "help" her, so I don't want to repeat my mistakes. I was thinking of buying her an EE dvd for Christmas and making a time to practice with her a few times a week, but I'm not sure if she would be open to it. She comes from an Irish Catholic family and has some real hangups about Catholicism, so she is hyper sensitive about anything she thinks is religious or a cult. I don't want to wreck my own strategic enclosure in case she freaks and goes into attack mode.

H said:
There are ways to put your idea together concisely and in a way that's impersonal, yet strong, and really drive the point home.

This is tricky with family, and trickiest with my mother. I appreciate the way you wrote out the argument, its very rational, its supportive and it leaves the decision up to her. Maybe this approach would work if I talk to her at the right time.

H said:
It's her choice in the end though, so ... :/

Yeah :(

NormaRegula said:
Holy smokes. Dr Spencer lives in my neighborhood. He's doing the right thing by putting this situation on video. This needs to get out.

I think what he said about not being able to practice medicine if he woud not give his patients vaccines, is just as important as the facts he spoke of, about the vaccine shipment designed to create a pandemic in eastern Europe. Not to mention the brief mention of the patents granted for mind control devices.

Back
Top Bottom