Bizarre video concerning the Elisa Lam body found in water tank

Zadius Sky said:
truth seeker said:
I'm also wondering if the woman in the elevator is the same person shown in the pictures.

That is a question that I was too thinking of. I'm searching around on the web, and apparently, there was a facebook page entitled "FindElisaLam" since her disappearance but it's now since been removed. There could have been some observations from the locals at the time being commented on there (I wished they hadn't removed it)...
Interesting. In addition to what you posted, the hotel itself according to this g00gle map seems to be located about 1/2 hours walking distance from what's known as Chinatown - an area populated by many Chinese people.

Zadius Sky said:
I even thought about the elevator being a hoax, but after looking around, and found a picture of the hallway from the elevator is shown at Cecil Hotal:...
Yep, I had the same thought that the video itself may have been a hoax, had a look at the site an saw that the pictures of the hallway seem to match. That said, I wonder if it's possible that some of the buildings in that area may have a slightly similar look to them? That's pure speculation on my part, however.

Zadius Sky said:
My question is, why showing us only the elevator video? Where are the videos of the lobby or other locations that would tell us more about Lam's movements?
That's a good question and I'm wondering that myself.

Zadius Sky said:
All of this reminded me of that movie about a girl being dead in a water tank on top of a run-down apartment building where that girl was haunting the place. It's called Dark Water (Japanese and American versions).
When I first heard about the 'murder hotel' meme that now seems to be going around, it reminded me of a Cusack movie from a few years ago called 1408. In it, I believe it's the 14th floor that's missing. So perhaps there are a few movies this resembles?

edit: added map link

I was thinking about "water tank" in general and found these two occurrences in the last month:

A curious case in India, occurred on Friday, Jan 25th of 2013 (a week before Lam's disappearance).

Domestic help’s role in death of baby suspected

_http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/domestic-helps-role-in-death-of-baby-suspected/article4345263.ece

26 Jan 2013

An eight-month-old baby girl, Divya, was found dead in the water tank on the ground floor of an apartment building in Bagh Amir of Kukatpally on Friday.

Police suspect that a domestic help, Sangita, 40, employed in Divya’s house, was responsible for the death of the baby. She was detained for questioning. Divya’s father, Naval Diwakar, working as the marketing manager of a pharmaceutical company, left for office in the morning.

His mother, wife and Sangita, along with the baby, were at home. Around 4 p.m., the girl's mother realized that the baby was missing. They started searching the three-storeyed apartment building for the baby and rushed to the police station to lodge a complaint. "When the baby's mother was complaining about the matter to us, she received a call that the baby was found in the water tank," the Kukatpally Police said.

There were no injuries on the body of the baby. Investigators said someone living in the apartment building or having access to it could have thrown the baby into the water tank. After inquiries with the residents of the building, police detained the domestic help who hails from Bengal. "We're told that the maid behaves strangely sometimes and was not mentally sound. The case is under investigation," The police said.

And, here's an article about the explosion killing 89 people - and the bomb was hidden in a water tank. This was four days ago.

Thousands of Shiites protest 89 killed in Pakistan

_http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/militants-attack-office-in-pakistan-2-killed/nWRg4/

18 Feb 2013

The death toll from the most recent blast, which was caused by a bomb hidden in a water tank, rose to 89 on Monday after eight people died of their wounds, said Baluchistan's home secretary, Akbar Hussain Durrani.

ADDED:

Here's the video of the roof of the hotel, from a news helicopter:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IYkjsE2Qxl8

Also, I've been looking at the video again in full-screen. When she first entered the elevator, she bent down to see the buttons, which suggest that she didn't have her glasses.

Zadius Sky said:
I even thought about the elevator being a hoax, but after looking around, and found a picture of the hallway from the elevator is shown at Cecil Hotal:

_http://www.agoda.com/north_america/united_states/los_angeles_ca/cecil_hotel/reviews-page-4.html

97998_121127212606_STD.png

The image could be reversed compared from the video (this is on 15th floor, where Lam could be on the 4th or above), judging the two white poles on the wall there.

Anyone has any idea why after the elevator door opens for the second time (around 3:45) the doors across the hall (or whatever it is) suddenly become red while all the time before they were dark gray/black? :huh:

Possibility of Being said:
Anyone has any idea why after the elevator door opens for the second time (around 3:45) the doors across the hall (or whatever it is) suddenly become red while all the time before they were dark gray/black? :huh:

When the elevator closed, it started going up or down and was opening on every floor which was also odd. What triggered it to do that when there was obviously no one waiting at any of those floors?

Laura said:

When the elevator closed, it started going up or down and was opening on every floor which was also odd. What triggered it to do that when there was obviously no one waiting at any of those floors?

It looked like the light of the button for each floor turned off. It might've been that the elevator went to the designated floor and opened the door as usual.

Jerry said:
Laura said:

It looked like the light of the button for each floor turned off. It might've been that the elevator went to the designated floor and opened the door as usual.

I had the same idea. I guess the elevator followed then it's program the buttons she has pushed before she left the elevator, so the light goes out for each floor. And when it is the same panel ZS posted she liked to get downstairs and was at least at floor 15!?

Laura said:

Ah, I see. What triggered it? I don't know but how about this kind of scenario: There was someone outside who was aware of the camera and stayed out of its range. A staff member, I suppose. He kept pushing the button (outside) so the elevator was in a 'wait' mode, so to say. When that guy left, the elevator started to do what was programmed in its memory when she pushed all the buttons inside? Not sure, just guessing...

This is a very anguish video, it is scary. That the doors did not closed is very strange. Also when she moves her hands... it is like she is seeing something or talking to someone that WE can not see. Also, but I have a lot of creepy imagination, when the door closed I see the shadow of a face. Maybe the camera is showing someone looking? The face is as in the camera. But just the shadow...

What an horror story.

Really disturbing..

Pashalis said:
Her behaviour suggest to me strongly that she was probably under the influence of some kind of drug.

I couldn't help but think that as well, after watching the video over and over several times.
She's overgesticulating which - had she not disappeared - could be just a case of someone talking to themselves, imagining things, getting paranoid while under the influence.
But that wouldn't explain the elevator's strange activity or lack thereof.

POB made the point that someone could've been pushing the button outside but in case a janitor or someone that works there and has access to elevator keys, they wouldn't even need to do that, just insert the key and wait.
I'd go with the latter one, not only because roof access would've required someone that works there to do this but because she doesn't respond to anyone when she first exits the elevator, hence there's no one around.
Then she comes back into the elevator and tries pressing almost all the buttons again and when she exits the second time, she seems to laugh a little bit or have kind of a 'Oh, you're the reason it wasn't going! I thought I was going crazy!' moment.

Then comes the overgesticulation and the counting where her knees at one point seem to almost give in in a jolt of sorts (not sure what to call it).
That would point to her pleading or getting tired, fed-up? I'm just speculating.

Imo, drugs had to have a role in this.
In the beginning of the video, she walks in casually and presses all the buttons in the middle column.
The last one in that column being 'Door Hold' and we can actually see on the pic posted by ZS.
That actually seems to have an effect as at 00:12 in the video, the elevator doors start closing, then retreat to their original position.

So based on this, she was the one that kept the elevator there at least in the beginning.

Now I'm more lost than I was before, I really don't know what to think.

edit: I apologize if the post is a little all over the place thought-wise.

Jerry said:
Laura said:

Yes, she appeared to push the button for almost every floor at one point, so the elevator would stop at each floor and open the door - once it started to operate again.

Laura said:

Ah, I see. What triggered it? I don't know but how about this kind of scenario: There was someone outside who was aware of the camera and stayed out of its range. A staff member, I suppose. He kept pushing the button (outside) so the elevator was in a 'wait' mode, so to say. When that guy left, the elevator started to do what was programmed in its memory when she pushed all the buttons inside? Not sure, just guessing...

Surely she would have seen him, not felt the need to look outside more than once and in several directions. I guess it that were the case it could have just been the adrenalin. Maybe she was looking for help.

I've spent some time looking at the video and breaking it down:

The door opens, Lam entered from the left (where the outside panel for the elevator is evident) where one would stand waiting before the door opens.

Starting at 0:07-0:12 - When she bends down to press the buttons on the panel (considering that she wasn't wearing her glasses suggests that she may have been near-sighted). She pressed 7 buttons on the middle column, which reads from top-down: 14, 10, 7, 4, M, B, "Door Hold." But, the button for 14th floor didn't stayed lit after pressing, which means that she was on that floor (this is actually a 13th floor, even though they just don't label or said it). And, she actually did pressed "Door Hold" button, which kept the door open.

Bet 0:57-1:30 - when she walked out of the elevator, she was facing the big round mirror on the opposite side from the elevator and probably reacting to her reflection. And, at 1:08, she was leaning against the outside panel for the elevator (which could keep the elevator door open - I did this as a kid at a hotel, which did kept the door open).

Bet 1:34-1:51 - when she came back into the elevator, she pressed the same buttons over and over again, especially the bottom one several times ("Door Hold").

Beginning at 1:55 - she went back out in the hallway and leaning against the panel, and likely to be talking to someone. It's almost as if she was holding the elevator for someone and she was waiting outside. The way she was gesturing her fingers was a gesture of "list of things to do" - 1, then, 2, then...

Then, she walks away from the elevator...which tells me that she wanted to use the elevator, then walks away as if feeling a defeat after the "conversation" (which suggests that she was talking to a hotel staff to which that person saying something like, "I'm sorry, you can't do that, go back to your room" or something to that effect).

Then, the elevator closed and went down to 10th and 7th floors (you can see the button unlit after the door opens each time) before the video ended. Considering that no one else was seen on each floor as the elevator moving down suggests that this took place at night.

From the youtube page, there's a commenter mentioning the time gap:

Evo7IX 3 hours ago

### the time on the vid u can see from 1:15 is 11:22:XX:XX, on 1:20, time changes to 11:23:XX:XX, keep counting 60sec, time changes to 11:24:00:00 on 2:42, its weird the time way slower than normal! and then, 00,01,02,03,04 after 5sec,the time move to 11:25:00:00, means theres 55sec minssing~!and now thats the truth what i wanna know, where the hell is that 55sec vid?

Evo7IX 3 hours ago

***IMPORTANT*** guys, stop wasting your time, this video have been modified, there's a "most important" 55second missing from the video after elisa gone out of the camera. and i believe thats the most important evidence for this case, I dont know if police did or the police they didnt realize.

The other thought for the above issue is that the camera could be a motion-sensor camera where it will record once there's movement and unrecorded when there's not. If it's not a motion-sensor camera, then this aspect of the video was probably edited out for some reason (this aspect could show a staff member passing by and following her - just a possibility here).

Considering the two events that happened in 2011 (Singapore) and last month (India), a "maid" was involved (in 2011, a maid was found in a water tank; in 2013, a maid dumped a baby in a water tank). With the Lam case, it's very possible that a staff (or a housekeeper) is involved.

I took a look at the Google satellite of the hotel, and there's only two ways to the roof: a locked door with an alarm and a fire escape (which one can get to through a window - though, it'll be nice to know which room she was staying in).

Now, due to the discovery of the body, the hotel became closed for service due to "water issues." And, they are adding this "mysterious death" to the list of dark history of the place:

_http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/438781/20130224/canadian-woman-elisa-lam-death-cecil-hotel.htm

Serial killers Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger stayed in the Cecil, but many more people have died after checking in.

In the 1950s and 1960s, the Cecil was known as a suicide hotspot, as people leapt to their deaths from the top floor.

Among those who died are:

Helen Gurnee A woman in her 50s, she jumped to her death from a seventh floor window on 22 October 1954.

Julia Moore On 11 February 1962, Moore killed herself by jumping from a room window on the eighth floor.

Pauline Otton Twenty-seven-year-old Otton killed herself by jumping out of a ninth-floor window after a heated argument with her estranged husband on 12 October 1962. Otton landed on 65-year-old pedestrian George Gianinni, 90 feet below, and killed him.

"Pigeon Goldie" Osgood Retired telephone operator Osgood was found raped and murdered in her ransacked room on 4 June 1964. Her murder remains unsolved.

The other possibility is the "spot" where one would feel the "depression" or other negative energies as Lethbridge discovered in his book, considering the history of this hotel.

I personally don't know if she was on drugs, but she could be drunk. That's the other possibility haven't been considered (her erratic movements, slightly disoriented, etc. may reflect that...but I could be wrong).

Evo7IX 3 hours ago

### the time on the vid u can see from 1:15 is 11:22:XX:XX, on 1:20, time changes to 11:23:XX:XX, keep counting 60sec, time changes to 11:24:00:00 on 2:42, its weird the time way slower than normal! and then, 00,01,02,03,04 after 5sec,the time move to 11:25:00:00, means theres 55sec minssing~!and now thats the truth what i wanna know, where the hell is that 55sec vid?

the girl ultimately disappears (walks away) at 2:29 and the video doesn't seem to be altered up to that time. then nothing happens until ~2:48 when the camera's time indeed "seemlessly" jumps from 11:24:05 to 11:25:00 (those 55 missing seconds). few seconds later there's again a glitch - 11:25:04 turns to something other than :05, then :10, then :11 and then suddenly :14 which is the moment the door starts to close. maybe the video has been edited due to lack of action between 11:24 and 11:25? i wonder if MPEG compression "ghosts" could tell anything about the missing parts.

I was just thinking about Elisa Lam case and wondering what's the update on that. Nothing on the 'net ever came to fore except for Radio Free Asia as posted April 9th (_http://www.rfa.org/mandarin/guojishijiao/th-04092013094856.html), which is in Chinese (I think). I used a Google Translate to understand the article.

It pointed out that an autopsy toxic report was expected to be announced in "the next few days" and that was February 19th, which the article says the report still have not been announced nearly two months after the incident, and the police said that it was not completed yet. It also mentioned how it coincided with a fireball being seen across the California Sky on the 15th of Feb. Then, it went on talking about the tourist attraction and how unsafe it can be, so on and so forth.

Apparently, they are still waiting for the autopsy report before doing anything else, which is ridiculous. By now, the murderer (one of the staff) probably moved out of the country.

:curse:

Back
Top Bottom