Blockchain technology

The first part of article is very good, but the second part is pure fearmongering because they can print as much money as they want, and to buy off naive people. They will use fear factor only if there will be resistance.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-10-evidence-points-to-bitcoin-being-an-nsa-psyop-roll-out-one-world-digital-currency.html

Hello everyone

Hopefully there are some Blockchain experts here because I would like to know; apart from Crypto Currencies and being able to transfer “money” between everyone without needing to worry what the exchange rates between fiat money:

What other use cases are there?

I understand one is being able to move to a distributed database instead of using a centralized or cloud based database. But is this really required now?

Once someone told me; Blockchain is a great solution looking for a problem...

Not sure if this statement is true?

Ian

I wouldn't call myself a blockchain expert. Besides cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin, there are others such as Ethereum and NEO that are or have a form of cryptocurrency as well as the ability to execute 'smart contracts' via software development (decentralized applications) and the blockchain.

Businesses that have done ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) last year are now building platforms that will run businesses on the blockchain.

Here is one article on Ethereum that explains some of what it is. There is a lot of other stuff out there if you search around.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/04/business-in-the-age-of-ethereum/

Yes, I've read many of those business cases for the new ICO's. Most of them will fail, some of them are scams and a couple have great intentions.

In an idealistic way; blockchains can replace most of the government functions where they currently manage and support databases like residency records, national identities, voting, licensing etc. However this won't be adopted overnight.

neonix said:
The first part of article is very good, but the second part is pure fearmongering because they can print as much money as they want, and to buy off naive people. They will use fear factor only if there will be resistance.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-10-evidence-points-to-bitcoin-being-an-nsa-psyop-roll-out-one-world-digital-currency.html

That big plan scenario is pretty tragic and terrifying. I wonder that how can/will divergents use the knowledge to avoid from all of those interferences.. and will they successful in this?

Blockchain techniques are interesting and may evolve into something more reliable and profitable. I think it makes sense to make sense of it and see where it could become really useful and profitable, especially in the actual early stage when it's still more or less attainable.

However, the basic premise that I don't recall being discussed is that of the internet itself being the same as it is now in the foreseeable future. A sudden reshuffling of the cards, weather artificially-induced or natural may be a game changer that one would may be encouraged to consider in case one puts "all eggs in one basket" so to speak.

Apeiron said:
neonix said:

That big plan scenario is pretty tragic and terrifying. I wonder that how can/will divergents use the knowledge to avoid from all of those interferences.. and will they successful in this?

I have been looking for and waiting for the the big financial collapse for years. Recently I have been thinking that what if they just want everyone to think a collapse is just around the corner. If is far better is one respect if you just keep the stock market going up and down forever if you goal is to perpetuate constant fear and anxiety.

Laura was worried about the economy back in 1995 so she asked the Cs about it.

Session 25 November 1995
Q: (L) Enough. The other day I experienced one of those extended pre-sleep states, and it seemed that
I was in a class and there was someone explaining things to me. What they were telling me was that
during this Christmas season [the Christmas season of the dream], certain steps would be taken by
those controlling the economy,
and that after Christmas, in January and February, a whole lot of stuff
was going to be put into motion to send the economy into a dive of major proportions.
It was not clear
that it was THIS year, but that it was right after a Christmas. Can you tell me where this information
was coming from, and what was I experiencing?
A: This is a long and complicated subject, but we will do our best to explain it. What you were seeing
was one possible future. The economy of our 3rd density world is entirely manufactured. The forces
that control it are both 3rd density and 4th density.
There are conflicting opinions in the 3rd density
sector right now as to when, where, and how to institute an economic depression. This has been "in the
works" for quite some "time" as you measure it. So far, the forces arguing against institution of a
collapse have prevailed. How long this condition will be maintained is open to many outcomes. Also,
please be aware that the state of the economy is entirely an illusion. In other words, the world
economy performs solely based upon what the population is told to believe.

Who knows who is really for or against blockchain. It is probably a mixture of intents both STS and STO.

For me the "illusion" is something I don't really want to spend my energy on any more. I will observe and see how it turns out but not hold my breath until the warring factions decide when and what they want to do.

0.png

It has been announced that an international block-chain conference called BlockShow Europe 2018 will be held on 28-29 May (Monday-Tuesday) in Berlin, Germany.

Tickets are very pricey, starting at € 1088,-- for a reservation up to March 28; and later dates fetching € 1588,-- or € 1988,-- or € 2488,-- even for a last minute booking.
These prices include Food & Drinks, Main stage access, Exhibition Hall access and Networking tool & Business networking zone access.

There will be held eight preparatory Block Show Meetups, one of them in Amsterdam on March 29th. That's how I found out about this.

More coverage here: https://nltimes.nl/2018/02/20/amsterdam-blockchain-event-arranged-run-blockshow-europe

NOTE: don't overlook the discount arrangement for the Berlin conference at the end of the article, would you fancy to go there. ;)

I thought Blockchain was 'out' and Hashgraph was 'in'?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-20/bitcoin-hashgraph-mike-maloney-crypto-revolution

gdpetti said:
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-20/bitcoin-hashgraph-mike-maloney-crypto-revolution

Zerohedge doesn't say what hashgraph is but this explains a bit more:

-https://squawker.org/technology/blockchain-just-became-obsolete-the-future-is-hashgraph/

Whether this is the kind of "reality" that may arrive soon I don't know.

Session 10 February 2018
(Pierre) Can financial markets be disconnected forever from reality?
A: No.

Q: (Pierre) So the next crash, will it be engineered by financial
operators, or will it be reality catching up the financial illusion?
A: Latter mostly.

I prefer the Cs record to crystal balls.

From the comments under the squawker article, I picked up these:

Can Hicabi Tartanoglu

If you were a company like TenEx I would understand the product not being opensource, but this is a company making a protocol with a purpose of disrupting fiat currencies. It has to be open to the public just like ethereum. I understand you keeping it as a patent for now, but I would be very happy to see this technology be 100% open source in the future.

Hashgraph

Hi, there has never been any talk about a cryptocurrency. However we have seen large interest and will be addressing this issue in the coming weeks. Thanks

Can Hicabi Tartanoglu

Then why do you compare yourselves to other cryptocurrencies? I am a bit confused now.

Hashgraph

If people do ask, we sometimes will explain how we are different. This is much like comparing apples to oranges as we do not have a public ledger. Stay tuned for the announcement in a few weeks.

grasshopper_fxl

they don’t. watch the videos on this page: hashgraph.com

grasshopper_fxl

jesus christ!!! are any of you gits capable of reading English???

NabLa

So far so good, but remember that if you don’t open source this, the community will shy away from it.

Hashgraph

Hi NabLa. Thanks for the reply. Keep in mind there is no announcement of a public ledger or cryptocurrency. I hope you will join us on Telegram, however. http://t.me/hashgraph

To me, it seems that this hashtag initiative still is in its infancy stage, is not open source ATM, and was not conceived as an alternative to blockchain technology per se but could eventually be used as such, maybe.

That ZH link had a video attached that explained it... by Mike Maloney, you can just watch it on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF362xxcfdk

goyacobol said:
gdpetti said:

Zerohedge doesn't say what hashgraph is but this explains a bit more:

-https://squawker.org/technology/blockchain-just-became-obsolete-the-future-is-hashgraph/

Whether this is the kind of "reality" that may arrive soon I don't know.

Session 10 February 2018
(Pierre) Can financial markets be disconnected forever from reality?
A: No.

Q: (Pierre) So the next crash, will it be engineered by financial
operators, or will it be reality catching up the financial illusion?
A: Latter mostly.

I prefer the Cs record to crystal balls.

The engineered character of the financial markets could be seen recently: on the day when the Nunes memo about the FBI misconduct was released, the US stock market cam down 666 points. It seems to have been warning to Trump regarding who controls the markets.

The big question is what effect a financial crash will have on cryptocurrencies. One possibility is that cryptocurrencies will become one of the safehavens along with gold, silver, etc. - because a financial collapse will very likely involve a fiat currency collapse as well. In Venezuela or Zimbabwe, where there has been a currency collapse, cryptocurrencies are indeed very popular as safehavens.

Of course, this will only work if the critical infrastructure in one's area is not affected too much by outside forces, especially the power grid and the Internet. Furthermore, it is possible for the 3D/4D financial controllers to buy up a lot of Bitcoin and then let it crash when they want. This doesn't mean that cryptocurrencies will go away, but it can shatter confidence in them for some time.

The fact that the US regulators like the SEC are very open towards cryptocurrencies suggests that there may be both STO and STS motivations for allowing them.

Very informative video!

Cryptocurrency, Petrodollars, Precious Metals and You – Future of Finance with Lynette Zang

Jason Goodman
Published on Feb 28, 2018

Chief Market Analyst at ITM Trading joins us to discuss the pros and cons of cryptocurrency vs more traditional financial instruments.

https://youtu.be/8OOFMmMDwZE

Source: https://nltimes.nl/2018/03/01/worlds-1st-babies-born-blockchain-birthed-netherlands

World’s 1st babies born on blockchain birthed in Netherlands

By Janene Pieters on March 1, 2018 - 12:10

The first two blockchain babies were born in the Netherlands last week. Health insurer VGZ is experimenting with an app using this technology, mainly known for cryptocurrency, to reduce the administrative burden in maternity care, Financieele Dagblad reports (in Dutch; registration required; paywall).

The main advantage of blockchain is that all computers on the same network sees exactly the same data. In this experiment, parents-to-be can use an app on their smartphone to see exactly how many hours of maternity care they are entitled to. The maternity nurse will use the same app to log hours every time she visited the new family, and the mother can indicate whether this information is correct. That data is then directly available to the health insurer, which in principle can pay the care provider immediately.

This is a joint experiment by health insurer VGZ, three maternity centers, and using blockchain technology from the Zorginstituut. "It's all about the administrative processes for now", Hugo te Kaat of VGZ said to BNR (in Dutch). "The system is actually for all of us, that is a property of blockchain. Everyone looks at the same data, which creates a lot of confidence in the chain."

Two babies were born last week with their parents used this app. VGZ thinks it will need about 40 to 50 participants to determine whether this app actually works.

Maternity center LiemersCare, one of the centers participating in the experiment, is already excited about the reduction in paperwork this app could result in, quality officer Bert Doppenberg said to NOS (in Dutch, videos included). "The practice now is that the hours worked by our employees are put on paper with a signature from the customer. Then the forms are checked at the office and they then go to the care provider, which checks them again. A few weeks later it is then paid." That entire process disappears with this blockchain app.

If the experiment works, it will reduce a great deal of the administrative burden in maternity care, and eventually also in other areas of health care. But that will likely cost some jobs, Te Kaat said. "That is simply what happens when things are digitized. We need to think about what we are going to do with that. It's one thing we can't do much about, it just happens", he said to BNR.

Back
Top Bottom