"Blucifer"

DIA's blue 'Mustang' has big competition

by Dan Boniface
9news.com
June 3rd 2010

DENVER - Ever since it was first installed at Denver International Airport, the 32-foot-tall blue "Mustang" has been the talk of the town, but a new addition is sure to get plenty of attention.

A crew is installing a seven-ton, 26-foot-tall concrete sculpture of an Egyptian god at the airport.

Anubis, a statue with a jackal-head, will be built south of the Jeppesen Terminal.

Although part of the lore of the 9,000-pound "Mustang" is that its creator, Luis Jiménez, was tragically killed while making the piece, Anubis may be even more notorious. He's the Egyptian god of death and the afterlife.

It's being put in to preview the Denver Art Museum's King Tut exhibit.

The exhibit runs June 29 through Jan. 9, 2011, and Anubis will be standing guard during that time.

source: 9news.com

Re: New statue installed at Denver International Airport: Anubis

Like, they can't get any more blatant than that!

DIA has to be the strangest airport on the planet. I wonder who arranges and approves its artwork and design?

Oh, my, how fitting!

Laura said:
Like, they can't get any more blatant than that!

Yup. Their arrogance is certainly showing.

transdimensional said:
DIA's blue 'Mustang' has big competition
He's the Egyptian god of death and the afterlife.

Well, let him be the god of death of negative attachments and an afterlife of happiness. :D

Here he is in his off-time, gettin' down with Chubby Checker's "The Twist", with a little encouragement from Mr. Smiley:

anubistwist.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anubis

Other Names: Anpu, Inpu, Ienpw, Imeut (Lord-of-the-Place-of-Embalming).

Patron of: mummification, and the dead on their path through the underworld.

Appearance: A man with the head of a jackal-like animal. Unlike a real jackal, Anubis' head is black, representing his position as a god of the dead. He is rarely shown fully-human, but he is depicted so in the Temple of Abydos of Rameses II. There is a beautiful statue of him as a full jackal in the tomb of Tutankhamun.

Description: Anubis is an incredibly ancient god, and was the original god of the dead before Osiris "took over" the position. After that point, Anubis was changed to be one of the many sons of Osiris and the psychopomp (conductor of souls) of the underworld. His totem of the jackal is probably due to the fact that jackals would hunt at the edges of the desert, near the necropolis and cemeteries throughout Egypt.

Prayers to Anubis are found carved on the most ancient tombs in Egypt, and his duties apparently are many. He watches over the mummification process to ensure that all is done properly. He conducts the souls through the underworld, testing their knowledge of the gods and their faith. He places their heart on the Scales of Justice during the Judging of the Heart, and he feeds the souls of wicked people to Ammit.

In some stories, Anubis is the son of Ra and Nephthys, or Set and Nephthys (probably due to Set and Anubis having the same totem animal). Some have Heset as his mother, and still others say Bast. This apparent confusion is still another sign of Anubis' origins in the most ancient of times. He also has a daughter, Kabechet, who helps him in the mummification.

Worship: Worshipped widely throughout all of Egypt, his cult center was Cynopolis.

Variants:

Hermanubis
A combination of the Greek god Hermes and Anubis. As their functions as psychopomps were similar, they were combined by the Greeks into a single form. Hermanubis also appears in alchemical and hermetical literature of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
_http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/anubis.htm

Lovely...

What's next, pyramids? :rolleyes:

This is a joke right???? We should find the similarities in this airport, the Miami, and the other ones that have a "secret".

:) Maybe there's a patron or signals, you know this STS are really arrogant.

EDU

Does this have anything to do with the July 16, 1994 session?

Here is an image of the actual statue as it is been erected dated 2nd June. - Source :)

54075165.gif

Vulcan59 said:
Here is an image of the actual statue as it is been erected dated 2nd June. - Source :)

54075165.gif

Looks Vega's style

This just tells me that those guys in the elite are not just evil - they have cheesy taste too. And if they really believe that an Egyptian god is going to listen to their prayers, they must be rather stupid as well... :rolleyes:

Seriously now, I suppose it could be a signal for those in the loop that lots of deaths are on the way. :shock: It's going to be there until January, so I guess it's a matter of months before we know.

:scared:
oh, no no... I'm sure this is just a coincidence. RIIIGHHTT
what obvious arrogance.
:D

RyanX said:
What's next, pyramids?

I was kinda leaning towards that 'crashed spacecraft' on the moon with the 'mummy' inside. :huh:

What I wonder is why they put it at the airport instead of the civic center (where the museum is located), or in some location visible to all the traffic from the airport as well as where the other major roads come together. It would be seen by more people that way.

Considering that the statue can be seen to be looking at people inside the airport, and some of those people have described it as "scary" and such, I tend to think it might be part of some ongoing experiment. Maybe even some kind of approving nod to Egypt, who, as we know, aids Israel's blockade of Gaza.

At any rate, people seem to now have that image and some associated emotion grooved into their psyche for some reason.

Just some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom