"Blucifer"

Re: New statue installed at Denver International Airport: Anubis

anart said:
Hmm, the background of that picture does not look like DIA - there is no body of water there. Perhaps I'm not seeing the background correctly, but it looks like water to me

Maybe this picture was taken while it was being moved into place or perhaps being transported to DIA. That sure looks like water and a bridge in the background. :)

Vulcan59 said:
anart said:
Hmm, the background of that picture does not look like DIA - there is no body of water there. Perhaps I'm not seeing the background correctly, but it looks like water to me

Maybe this picture was taken while it was being moved into place or perhaps being transported to DIA. That sure looks like water and a bridge in the background. :)

Does that thing next to Anubis is his baggage?? :scared: :lol: What's up with this obsession with monsters and baggage?

Galahad said:
"Hell" being the operative word. :lol:

Airport = Gate to Hell

I suppose we should give them credit for truth in advertising :shock:

Last thing I wanna see is the god of the underworld before I have to fly anywhere. Yes, maybe the ferryman is next. Make sure you bring a nickel though (inflation) :)

Bluestar said:
Last thing I wanna see is the god of the underworld before I have to fly anywhere.

This statue of the god of the underworld might be connected to the fair amount of underground facilities below the DIA. I guess sooner or later DIA might not be used as a gate to air but as a gate to the underwold, herding thousands to their new hellish home.

LOL inflation!
If we ever go cashless, this might be a problem if the ferryman doesn't have a machine to run the card through....

Bluestar said:
Last thing I wanna see is the god of the underworld before I have to fly anywhere. Yes, maybe the ferryman is next. Make sure you bring a nickel though (inflation) :)

Belibaste said:
Bluestar said:
Last thing I wanna see is the god of the underworld before I have to fly anywhere.

This statue of the god of the underworld might be connected to the fair amount of underground facilities below the DIA. I guess sooner or later DIA might not be used as a gate to air but as a gate to the underwold, herding thousands to their new hellish home.

Very appropriate then... :shock:

Okay this article is about the statue "Mustang" or apparantly AKA "Blucifer" by locals, out at DIA. It got named 3rd most bizarre public art piece in the U.S. To be familiar with this piece of art and it's relevance on the forum, one could look into the Operation Trojan Horse stuff, or just be a Colorado local to know the history. I thought it would be a good article to share anyway. And it is a creepy statue IMO, especially having read the articles about it killing it's artist back when it was being build just had bad omen vibes about it from the start. http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_19160662

Anyway, I had to put this in Tickle Me. Not only was it funny hearing it called "Blucifer". In the comments from the public down below, some random person uploaded a picture of the horses "detailed" behind. Lmao :lol: It's not so much the asspect (too many puns can be made here :) )of the horse and the poop joke I feel like I'm making, it is hilarious that some random person actually had this picture and the place that they were able to post it was priceless! Anyway, this picture definately made me view this piece of art from another perspective lol lol, or shined a new light on it :lol:

Also, in the search on "Mustang" , I also came across this http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_18914767 They say that Comedy Central was out at DIA filming and interviewing for a segmant on conspiracy theories for the Colbert Report. Not quite sure how that is going to spin to the public. But I would definately be interested in watching when it airs! Being made fun of is not exactly the light the conspiracy theory deserves, but I am interested in seeing the interviews of the airport officials. I also have not had cable for quite some time, so if someone sees this, please give us a report back. I hope anyone finds this info interesting to possibly entertaining ;D

After searching Mustang and DIA on the forum, this thread could be more appropriately placed here http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,18090.msg167296.html#msg167296 or here http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,18850.html

There are some good photos and info about the statue(s) in these threads as well as other things relating to DIA. Sorry this was a little vulgar, it just made me laugh and I thought I would share :D

Back
Top Bottom