Boardlurker? Read this!!

Thank you Vulcan59 for creating this thread. It has been (and will be) one of the main influence for me to sign up to the forum and contributing/networking as best I can.

For boardlurkers reading this thread, from my point of view getting off the fence is both a relief (you started listening to your conscience, good !), and the start of a new exciting adventure ! So why not start today ?
If a 10 year boardlurker, who's never been a member of any community online, like me, can do it why couldn't you ? ;-)

Still not convinced ? Well I can't blame you, the first step is often the hardest... That must mean, then, that to keep not-boardlurking (aka networking) is easier than stepping out of the shadow, right ? Since we can't hear you, let me be your spokesperson:
  • "Boardlurking is easier than not-boardlurking" : Is it ? How could you be sure ? Have you tried not-boardlurking ? On this specific forum ? Each community is different you know. As they say, past performance is not indicative of future results :-)
  • "The forum's available public research/info is enough for me at the moment" : A forum is not a book, it's a place of interaction. Therefore, the time you spend/waste here is of no value to you nor the forum community itself.
  • "I don't have anything to contribute that isn't already here" : That may be true, however you're not seeing the forest for the trees here. Networking is also an invaluable tool to correct your distorted view of the world and of yourself. Accepting, as well as giving, sincere feedback regarding an issue or a piece of knowledge is already a step in the right direction. Who knows what you'll be able to contribute in the future if you keep this constant knowledge input through networking, reading, watching, listening... Got it ? P.S. : If you know, with absolute certainty, that you won't be able to grow and contribute something new/meaningful, could you please foretell my future as well ? ;-)
  • "I don't have enough time" : Yet you've had enough time to find this forum and read this thread/post (and perhaps many others). One post a day keeps the boardlurking away, as they say :lol: What's a teensy-weensy post gonna do (beside reaching out to others) ?
  • "I don't know English so well" : Nowadays sites like deepl or google trad (the latter not recommended for obvious reasons) can translate many languages and may help to overcome that difficulty. In any case, "broken English" is welcome here (as long as you make some effort). Why not learn English by networking with other people ? Many forum members did just that, quite successfully. Why would it be different for you ?
Those are "arguments" (or more accurately "thinking errors") that have been answered/countered many times in this thread and the forum at large. However, it wasn't enough to get you out of the lurking zone. Perhaps my post will be the straw that broke the camel's back for you. Crossing my finger here 🤞

Thanks so much for this thread! I've been rereading it today after having just started posting here again after a long gap and found it super helpful. I was trying to figure out why I used to find it so hard to join in, and then ended up just stopping for so long..(and it remains to be seen how I go this time..). Started by seeing this quote:

A: Those individuals who still think that you can get something for nothing will find themselves blocked.

Q: (L) Well, what is the nature of this kind of thing? I mean, what do you mean "blocked"?

A: It can take 2 main forms: In the STO candidate, it can be blocked by the subconscious process that knows there is an imbalance. In the "others" it is simply that they are not on the correct frequency to receive. Remember "receivership capability" and also capacity.

And here's a re-post of what I wrote after thinking about it overnight, and then spending most of the morning trying to start writing something...

It turns out I still have the same old feelings I had years ago, about posting here.. it feels difficult to do. I've been re-reading the 'Boardlurker? Read this!!' thread and finding it really helpful... So many of the things people mention are the same for me.. "I'll do it tomorrow", "I'm not good enough to post" (while at the same time feeling like I'm somehow special).. "I have nothing new to add so I won't say anything.."

I didn't consider myself a fence sitter in the past.. I've been trying to live my life the ways I learnt here, but clearly was not as committed as I used to think (did I even know what commitment really looks like?), especially when it comes to actions rather than just thoughts. I guess I knew it, really. Not having gotten into EE, and not participating here, have been making me feel sort of guilty for years.. the quote in my last post about a subconscious process blocking you because it knows there's an imbalance - I'd not thought of that before. I don't know if I'm an STO candidate or if it applies to me but, it's interesting.. I mean, it is myself blocking myself, nothing else was stopping me from joining in!

Back 11 years ago I didn't have my life in order.. kinda felt like "a bit of a loser" when coming here.. Even things like changing my diet seemed super difficult (turned out to be quite easy for me and make a huge difference).. the idea of spinning, reading prayers/singing to my crystals regularly seemed difficult (it's not)..now EE, same. What is this resistance? Predator's mind?

Anyway now after a decade of work on myself (such as I could) and in the world, mutual work on my relationship with my partner, being responsible, going out of my comfort zone becoming able to do things, growing more confident and accepting, I'm in a way different place. So it's kind of funny to come here and start posting and find all the same old feelings of "argh, so much effort", which I thought I'd somewhat outgrown, arising again :) And posting all this stuff about how I used to be.. going and reading my handful of old posts.. quite weird. (Right now, I'm feeling a bit embarrassed about how much I'm talking about myself but, I guess that's the point of an intro post, and any thoughts anyone has are very welcome..).. Still feel like I don't know what to say, when it comes to posting in most threads. I'll try be patient with myself and just get on with it...

If anyone else is in a similar place, I really recommend going back and reading this thread from the start!!

Thanks so much for this thread! I've been rereading it today after having just started posting here again after a long gap and found it super helpful. I was trying to figure out why I used to find it so hard to join in, and then ended up just stopping for so long..(and it remains to be seen how I go this time..).
Ha! When I read these words I felt as if I could have written them myself :-[

If anyone else is in a similar place, I really recommend going back and reading this thread from the start!!
Very much so and I did - thank you for the suggestion.. For my part, I must do better (in so far as I am able to do anything!). I've seen the phrase, "there are no free lunches" on this forum so many times. Wise words.

Just stumbled on this thread today. A lot to ponder about.
I remembered of the Cs instruction- if you get the knowledge, share/network it. Otherwise it is STS.

After my old thread, which resulted in unnecessary hot air - i realized how much energy, time was spent on our discussion - felt guilty of ‘dragging’ the Team into it. I was reflexing what was wrong from my side. External consideration and abridging free will...🤦‍♂️ I am truly sorry for that🥺
That is one of the factors which led me to switch to passive mode. Along with other events in my life- family, children and all that follows.
During that time i felt from inside that the gained knowledge should be circulated/given/shared, otherwise it was sort of overwhelming me. I partly compensated the need for networking especially after the beginning of ‘pandemic’ by sharing knowledge about it and all other related topics with my relatives, friends, colleagues etc. Big contact list😅 One of the big bosses even replied - the backstage elite/cryptocracy was already angry with me😂

But still inside i felt something missing until ‘the door bell rang’ so to say - Network! Don’t be slackers, for Cs sake👍

Totally me in the beginning! When I found out about the forum, I was lurking for about a year until I decided to finally contribute and be part of the group ( would have this nagging thought in the back of my head to join the forum). I remember having these thoughts about donating money to forum around December 2020 and coincidentally, Laura & crews session that month went over just that and ever since I've been getting more and more involved, slowly but surely!

Oh this thread just took the words right from my mouth..unfortunately , it’s all about me😔 having read the material for around 6 years I registered on the forum only a couple of months ago after a good alarm/encouragement from one of the forum members👏...those years weren’t an easy period in my life as I’ve become a mother and babies took almost all of me😅...as long as they’re growing up I feel I have more time and energy...anyway, it’s not a good excuse for not networking...
What I face now is that it’s so damn difficult for me to write🤯 I have some thoughts while reading the threads and new posts but I can’t put them in words on the screen or sometimes I think I have just nothing to add🤦‍♀️ Of course I’m trying and I’ll keep on...the more the easier , yeah?😅
Thank you all for sharing your experience how to get this through🙏 Suppose it could be another good lesson for me😊

I may have contributed to bringing a few board lurkers here. And I hope that they join, or if they have, that they really utilize this opportunity to network and learn.

I understand that I myself could be doing more to contribute, but it’s becoming more natural for me the more that I interact and take the time to catch myself up to speed on the vast array of subjects and projects going on here. (I’ve been spending pretty much ALL of my free time here on the forum lately.) Probably made myself look less than brilliant a few times on here as well, but that’s a part of learning too.

And although I don’t have very many people in my personal life to network with regarding what we do and discuss here on the forum, I am grateful for the slight few who are starting to engage in The Work with me.

There’s a small group of people that I congregate with twice a week and I use that time to share with them some of the ideas, subjects, and even the books I’ve discovered through here. And I’ve made a few friends along the way who were highly receptive and interested in learning more, so I guided them here. (It’s a small localized network, but it has the potential for growth.)

I know that ever since I joined the forum, started becoming active, and put into practice the advice that’s openly available to us here (free at that!) that my life has started to change for the better. This community has a way of continually renewing a sense of purpose in you, so long as you allow it!

This serves as a proper reminder… We get what we put into this:

Q: (L) Okay. I'm going to start the discussion with what's on my mind. Actually, there are two things. The first thing is that I noticed that after the last session, a lot of people discussing it in the forum thread volunteered information about what they were doing to help to do this, to do that, and the other thing. We had the impression here that when the information came through that a person must put another on the step behind them, that that meant directly in terms of the Work... That it had to be someone on the ladder, or on the stairway, or on the path so to speak. So, could you clarify that? Is that, in fact, what was meant? That you meant somebody who was really asking and engaged in working on themselves, etc?

A: More than that, it means that total engagement in energy exchange with the network. If a person benefits from the efforts of others and there is no return energy, there will be blocks of all sorts in their lives.

Q: (L) Okay, when you say, "There will be blocks of all sorts in their lives"... Blocks of what kind?

A: The blocks will reflect what it is that they are unable to give. If a person cannot be sincere, they will experience people in their personal lives who are not sincere with them. If a person devalues another's efforts, they will find their own efforts devalued. If you need to unblock a certain area of your life, make the effort to give what you want or need yourself

What I face now is that it’s so damn difficult for me to write🤯 I have some thoughts while reading the threads and new posts but I can’t put them in words on the screen or sometimes I think I have just nothing to add🤦‍♀️ Of course I’m trying and I’ll keep on...the more the easier , yeah?😅
Thank you all for sharing your experience how to get this through🙏 Suppose it could be another good lesson for me😊
Well, since our forum is so large with many members and board-lurkers it never hurts to repeat in several threads the things you have learnt here or in real life. Sometimes I think I have nothing to add, but I have found that this is just the case with topics I really do not know anything about! When I can't think of the right words I get up and do something else and ponder a little and most of the time consequently, I know what I want to write.

When people are going through a hard time you can offer your sympathy and support, the way you offered your support and prayers to Zzartemis when she lost her son. Even if you only post a few lines, that can help that person a lot, because you show them that they are not alone and perhaps it even encourages them to network more. Butterfly wings and non-anticipation and all that!

This community has a way of continually renewing a sense of purpose in you, so long as you allow it!
Yes it does!
A: ....If you need to unblock a certain area of your life, make the effort to give what you want or need yourself.
Thank you for including that in your post Chaze, I had not read that session before and this certainly rings true.
It seems so painfully obvious now: If a blockage manifests as not engaging with the network, then "Network network network", which is primarily about giving of one's self (as opposed to withholding in anticipation of (insert particular fear here)).

Well, since our forum is so large with many members and board-lurkers it never hurts to repeat in several threads the things you have learnt here or in real life. Sometimes I think I have nothing to add, but I have found that this is just the case with topics I really do not know anything about! When I can't think of the right words I get up and do something else and ponder a little and most of the time consequently, I know what I want to write.

When people are going through a hard time you can offer your sympathy and support, the way you offered your support and prayers to Zzartemis when she lost her son. Even if you only post a few lines, that can help that person a lot, because you show them that they are not alone and perhaps it even encourages them to network more. Butterfly wings and non-anticipation and all that!

Thank you Mariama for support and good advice ! 🤗 I just try to write sincerely, from my heart ! 💛 And as for the topics/threads where I can add smth good and useful, I noticed as long as I just let it go with no anticipation or anxiety ,they appear by themselves 😊

It's just occurred to me that those who are here, on this thread, because they have issues about wondering if they have anything to contribute, are likely the ones who should participate more. The fact that they question themselves is a good sign! It's those people who are overconfident and don't mind letting everyone know, that we often have issues with. As in, Dunning Kruger syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom