Boardlurker? Read this!!

Excellent thread.

Even I joined forum seven years before, I still remember feeling that I will never have anything to contribute. It's like you came to a huge library and you think that others expect that you write a book and put it on the shelves with others. I didn't know then that it was just my excessive fear and nobody expect from me such a thing.

Hello, I've joined the Cassiopaea forum since the 17th of march.
Let me introduce myself :
I live in Nice (south of France) and I will soon be opening my psychologist's office. Before that I worked in state welfare.
Spiritual seeker. I've read the wave serie and discovered Laura's work since roughly ten years. I'm french as you see in my writing english
:-)
I discovered the casiopaea forum a few months ago : a revelation. I was naively thinking that the C's transmission was finished.
Difficult to explain it but I feel that I belong to the 3D C's family.
Thank you so much to all the team for the informations you share : the 21 march sessions gave me a big hope and an optimistic view about the future. :-)

Without a doubt joining this forum, unless you joined at the very beginning, is a hurdle we all have to overcome.You either try to go backwards to catch up or forwards to keep up. The important point is that we make the effort to do. On re-reading this thread I noticed from the 17.Sept 2016 a post by 3DStudent which was very appropriate. The quote from Corinthians 12;14-18. We are all part of this body and if we can continually keep this in mind, as per the thread on St.Paul we will find the courage we need.

Indeed, the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot would say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear would say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose .

I have re-read this thread because I found it very valuable. If one find a time to read it all he will found out that every argument for not participating & networking on forum is unmasked here.

1. "I'm not good enough"
However, I feel that I'm not "good enough" to participate. Often I have something I'd like to post, but I'm too afraid, especially of the dreaded line by line deconstruction that is the penalty for posts that are not quite right.
Tendrini

Hi tendrini,

First of all, thank you for writing that post. I know it is not easy but if you keep on posting, it will become easier and you will discover that we are all here to learn and that it is not a question of not being good enough but rather a question of being sincere and having the desire to learn.

Maybe instead of seeing the "line by line deconstruction" as a penalty why not see that as an opportunity to change the way you think or an opportunity to see what your predator is doing or an opportunity to cure yourself. Try to remember that we are all here to help each other and it is the predator in you that is scaring you.

Groups are made up of individuals who have various internal nuances. I remember that in my adolescence I participated in various groups in my parish. Because of my shyness, I did not speak at meetings. People would notice that and ask me why I was so shy, and I would say that I liked to listen...

Well, in reality I suffered a lot internally because I longed to participate as everyone did but shyness did not allow me to make that desire a reality.

Anyway, I worked on all the activities proposed, the only thing I did not like was to go to Mass, haha, the priest still reminds me that I used to "escape".

For those who know the Catholic religion, the part I liked best about the mass was when the priest said : "You can go in peace" :-D:halo::whistle:

Well, getting back to the issue of participation, it's different here at the forum. For example, in the different groups that I had the opportunity to integrate throughout my life, I have observed different profiles. There are those who take the floor and don't let go, those who interrupt permanently, those who go off on the "limbs", those who boast of their intelligence, the shy ones, the contras, the comedians; there are also those who know how to listen and somehow moderate the communication of the group in general.

The group is like an organism and for it to function it is necessary that the energy be distributed efficiently and that everyone can be nourished. Thought is a way of nourishment. Otherwise the group becomes dysfunctional, it is like exercising with only one arm, one arm becomes strong and the other arm, due to lack of exercise, becomes weak. Just imagining this situation gives an idea of the imbalance that is generated in the "body" called group.

In this forum, when there is an imbalance of some part of that "body" the observation of different people helps to maintain the health of the whole. For me, I think it is a safe place to exchange, because if there are situations of "eating", the body itself is attentive to the necessary adjustments to prevent the spread of "disease".

And for there to be health, members need to be willing to look at themselves and change patterns and programs that make growth difficult, both for themselves and for the group as a whole (I am also saying this to myself)

In short, in the search to improve ourselves it is clear that we contribute our grain of sand to the improvement of the group.
I'm still afraid to participate, but it's getting less and less. Thank you for making this thread visible. The information contained in it is very important to continue on the path...:wizard:

I joined this forum almost 10 years ago but I stopped participating after a few months. I came back participating 4 years later but stopped again just after a few weeks. After another 5 years, I'm here again and I feel ashamed of myself :-[ For almost 10 years I was going along the rest of you, reaping the benefits of your hard work, as if a sly dog stealing from others without giving them anything in return.

All the excuses for my past behavior are so wrong and invalid that there is no point in listing them here. All I want to say is that my behavior was dump stupid, selfish, inefficient and counterproductive.

Now, when I become aware of how important networking is for the good of all beings, all I want to do, without asking for your forgiveness, is to apologize to all of you and say that I am very sorry.

Lastly, I'd like to say something to all others, who similarly to me in the past, just sit there without contributing - people, with you on board, this amazing project can result in something of cosmic significance, but without you it may fail. Think about it (not too long though, as it is not about your self-importance) and when you're ready, just jump off the fence and start shining your light for the sake of idea that is much greater than anything you can imagine.

Now, when I become aware of how important networking is for the good of all beings, all I want to do, without asking for your forgiveness, is to apologize to all of you and say that I am very sorry.
I understand very well where you come from as I have been guilty of the same, of many starts and stops, wondering how and what to say and then starting again. In the end not only is the network missing out but so are we and in a big way. It is so freeing to participate and to share what one observes, feels, sees and thinks about things.

As with anything it takes what appears to be hard work of putting words to paper, to collect one's thoughts and then to do it consistently. After a while it becomes easier once the habit has taken root. I remember someone giving the advice that it is as simple as when you read a post and notice that you have something to add, then just to do it then and there. Don't give the predator mind the chance to come and delay as it becomes a missed chance.

Also to say mARTinSky, that it has been nice to see your recent activity :-)

Everyone is different and with a different path, mARTinSky. We don't hold it against you if you have come and gone. It may be some spotlight effect going on there, because sometimes when a member posts for the first time in a while, you didn't notice they were absent. Or maybe it's something to do with one's mind map updating, so to say.

As with anything it takes what appears to be hard work of putting words to paper, to collect one's thoughts and then to do it consistently. After a while it becomes easier once the habit has taken root. I remember someone giving the advice that it is as simple as when you read a post and notice that you have something to add, then just to do it then and there.

Yeah, just get a small groove or snowball going, and let it build up into a habit. I have that issue where I will have a thought and I might save it to a text file, but then I don't post it and it seems to lose its flame. There's a lot of digestion of posts that goes on in our heads that could become comments, if we post them.

Have been lurking around here a bit more recently so was looking for somewhere to post something and this seems to be good a spot. Didn't post much when I first joined. To used to sitting back and observing rather than joining in. Part of me would like to think I am too late to the show and have no business being here but it was likely saying that years ago.

I learned some things from recommended books and listening to the podcasts but have lagged behind in actually doing much with myself. Most important things I have learned would be from having the information I needed when something gives me a bit of a shock.

A few years ago I read the answer of an Internet user to a question (I forgot which one and his very short answer) but it had a very strong impact on me because it is from that day on that I understood that there was a part of reality that I didn't see and yet I was already reading a lot. It gave me the irrepressible desire to undertake serious and in-depth personal research on the New World Order. I really started to wake up from that day on thanks to this gentleman whom I don't know but who has had a great impact in my life.

Have been lurking around here a bit more recently so was looking for somewhere to post something and this seems to be good a spot. Didn't post much when I first joined. To used to sitting back and observing rather than joining in. Part of me would like to think I am too late to the show and have no business being here but it was likely saying that years ago.

I learned some things from recommended books and listening to the podcasts but have lagged behind in actually doing much with myself. Most important things I have learned would be from having the information I needed when something gives me a bit of a shock.

It's never too late, Maniculatus! :thup: And now you can share that information, and it may help others when they get a bit of a shock as well.

Hello, I've joined the Cassiopaea forum since the 17th of march.
Let me introduce myself :
I live in Nice (south of France) and I will soon be opening my psychologist's office. Before that I worked in state welfare.
Spiritual seeker. I've read the wave serie and discovered Laura's work since roughly ten years. I'm french as you see in my writing english
:-)
I discovered the casiopaea forum a few months ago : a revelation. I was naively thinking that the C's transmission was finished.
Difficult to explain it but I feel that I belong to the 3D C's family.
Thank you so much to all the team for the informations you share : the 21 march sessions gave me a big hope and an optimistic view about the future. :-)

Welcome to the forum, Peregrino! :welcome: You will probably not receive many welcome messages in this thread, because new comers post in this board. It's my fault for not being clear when you asked. I meant that you could introduce yourself there, and that this thread here may give you courage. :-) If you want, one of the moderators can move your post to that other board.

In short, in the search to improve ourselves it is clear that we contribute our grain of sand to the improvement of the group.
I'm still afraid to participate, but it's getting less and less. Thank you for making this thread visible. The information contained in it is very important to continue on the path...

Sometimes I remind myself of Jordan Peterson's saying which goes like: just make a start, even when you do it badly. It really helps! There is so much I don't know, but it is the intention to learn and grow that counts I think.

Here is JP talking about taking aim, even badly, which also applies to this thread and has helped me quite a bit:

A brief video on the utility of taking aim--even badly. At least it's a start. Most of the positive emotion that will characterize your life (at least of the sustaining kind) will be a consequence of watching yourself move successfully toward a valued goal. That means that there is little chance of meaningfully happiness and fulfillment in the absence of well-defined and high-order goals. So make some :)

Love this bit:
The willingness to be a fool is a precursor to transformation. And that's the same as humility!

BTW, I have read some of your posts and enjoyed them, Stella Marys. :flowers:

Sometimes I remind myself of Jordan Peterson's saying which goes like: just make a start, even when you do it badly. It really helps!
This is so true!
The phrase bolded above should be the motto in all learning processes. In doing so, we start to develop new skills even when we are not fully aware it is happening. A good example of this is, learning a new language, if you don't star to practice it, you won't be able to learn further. It's just dare to take the first step.
Beeing myself an ex-boardlurker:-P I want to encourage members, who don't participate, to network and become involved with our wonderful community.

I would 100% put my hand up here and say i have been lurking for years. After going through a lot the recommended reading books and then back out into society. Trying to figure out a "career" direction. What i want to do, who i want to be. Its really over whelming. Escapism maybe. I'm at a place no where a large part of me thinks im a failure in the material sense. but i dont want to come back as an escape, it needs to be a choice.

My head is just so crammed full of all these expectation from my parents. They even said to me they think i would join a cult. Not wanting to be on the fence anymore has to be a choice for me, not a reaction. And i so want to make that choice. Im just afraid of letting down people in my family because i would prefer to develop a soul than play the game of material accumulation. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Not that its an excuse for not participating its just so challenging leaving that behind. No doubt its an ego thing. Especially with everything that's going on. I just watched the last Sott podcast with Joseph Azize. A brilliant interview if i can add but he said something, about Gurdjieff thought how he could die with honour. Maybe that's the only metric i should actually use in measuring my life?

Back
Top Bottom