'Brexit' wins, UK to leave the EU?

Re: Brexit wins, UK to leave the EU

"In general, do not be surprised if instead of individual country terms like «Grexit» and «Brexit» will soon be a universal notion of «Whoexit?» [©]. ;)

Director of the Information and Press Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affaires of the Russian Federation

https://www.facebook.com/maria.zakharova.167/posts/10210130824856804

Chu said:
I was also expecting Brits to "vote" for staying. Interesting! We'll see.

Ultimately though, what Niall wrote in his article still applies, so we'll have to see how things develop, I guess:

https://www.sott.net/article/320733-Britain-will-remain-in-the-EU-Why-Brexit-outcome-is-a-foregone-conclusion

And just to complete the farce, I bet you didn't know that the result of the public vote is non-binding. Writing in the Financial Times, British lawyer David Allen Green explained that the Brexit vote is "advisory," not "mandatory." That is to say, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks or wants, the politicians and their corporate buddies have the final say. Which kind of makes sense given that most of what the public thinks it wants is a product of the incessant media propaganda, which is in turn dictated by corrupt politicians and their corporate buddies. Western 'democracy', ya gotta love it!

Yes - very often in the past the PTB Elite/controllers/hidden hand have pushed an overt agenda that appears, on the surface, to back popular opinion - but the reality that unfolds is their subsequent actions which achieve the opposite.

My first thought when reading the news this morning was that.."oops their bluff got out of hand"

I imagined someone holding a gun trying to scare someone else without the slightest intention to shoot but still having to behave credibly enough. And then a miscalculation creates an unforeseen situation and boom!

But now thinking about it, since the referendum is not mandatory it could be just part of the same bluff to try and scare the EU to not fall out of line. We saw France and Italy talking about sanctions being lifted against Russia. Germany is moving forward a-politically with Nordstream 2. It's like the message was: "we'll collapse you real fast if you keep stepping out of line".

Which is why it's so awesome that Rusia and China have been buying record amounts of gold. It's as we've been saying, they saw this coming.

My two cents. Let's see how this develops.

LQB said:
Yes - very often in the past the PTB Elite/controllers/hidden hand have pushed an overt agenda that appears, on the surface, to back popular opinion - but the reality that unfolds is their subsequent actions which achieve the opposite.

déjà vu
It all seems like the 2008 collapse all over again, only meaner................ And whom benefited.

Bloomberg News
For Gambler Cameron, Brexit Proves a Bet Too Far as Foes Triumph
_http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/for-gambler-cameron-brexit-proves-a-bet-too-far-as-foes-triumph
jkennedy
June 24, 2016
Snippet:
The son of a stockbroker, Cameron, 49, is regularly asked for his horse-racing tips when he appears on BBC Radio’s flagship “Today” program. And when he announced plans for the vote in January 2013, he had no doubts the outcome would strengthen his power and pledged he would not rest until the vote was won.

“There will be those who say the vision I have outlined will be impossible to achieve,” Cameron said in his speech at Bloomberg’s London headquarters at the time. “But I refuse to take such a defeatist attitude.”

More than three years later, all three of his visions -- for the U.K.’s future, the EU’s success and the promise of prosperity for all -- are being pummeled. Cameron is the first casualty of a vote that delivered a slap in the face for Europe’s political establishment, with populist echoes of Donald Trump’s rise across the Atlantic, and sent global markets into a tailspin. After an often-vitriolic campaign with Cameron in a leading role, voters chose to abandon the EU by 52 percent to 48 percent.

World Markets Upended by Brexit as Stocks, Pound Drop; Yen Soars -Video
_http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-23/pound-surge-builds-as-polls-show-u-k-to-remain-in-eu-yen-slips
-1x-1.png

-1x-1.png

Guerrilla Update: BREXIT...Here We Go Again.
Streamed live 19 hours ago
photo.jpg

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXgc4Cguaw
The Ape is under the weather but it will not stop him from breaking down the latest economic news from the world over.

"It’s Scary, And I’ve Never Seen Anything Like It" - Where Markets Are The Morning After
ZH
by Tyler Durden
Jun 24, 2016 6:44 AM
_http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/it%E2%80%99s-scary-and-i%E2%80%99ve-never-seen-anything-it-where-markets-are-morning-after

It seems that the US is interested in keeping the EU down, as the Euro is the only currency to rival the dollar and maybe also due to fears of a Eurasian alliance that would keep the US on the sidelines. Maybe "they" think that a splintered Europe with a weaker euro is more in their interest and especially in the case of Britain it means that there will be closer transatlantic ties there, increasing the US influence.

c.a. said:
Financial Hairball that's for sure.

Perhaps somebody really needed to short some stocks and make a gazillion dollars and made sure it swung in the brexit direction?

Seppo Ilmarinen said:
Interesting development. If this leads into economic troubles for UK, as the markets has preliminary reacted to the outcome, or somekinda scenario of wider economic chaos (though this seems to be less likely), maybe it would be used as an excuse to stay and unite EU, since the voting is not mandatory. Like "see what happens if someone tries to exit the EU". They could then have another vote like in case of Ireland and Lisbon Treaty referendum back in 2009.

My thoughts turned back to the second Lisbon treaty referendum in Ireland too. There was only 17 months between the two votes. It demonstrates that all options are still on the table, and the vote is non-binding as others have pointed out. Whatever the UK ends up with will be whatever suits the agenda of the day.

Imagine a scenario where the UK economy tanks, ECB and eurozone countries won’t help and so the UK is forced to accept U.S. led bail outs with TTIP strings attached. Bye bye sovereignty and NHS for starters if that ever happens.

At home Cameron has announced he will quit and Labour are pushing for a no-confidence vote in Corbyn. Maybe we end up with a snap election and UKip govt before Christmas too?

Maybe there is a lot of money to be made, in imagining what is the worst thing that can happen and then betting on it to happen. There seems to be a good track record so far. And on that note, I’m sure there are a few people that made a LOT of money overnight.

That was unexpected. Even with the vote being legally non-binding it would surprise me if they didn't leave. The vote can be rigged either way, and I don't see why they would have allowed a leave vote if that wasn't what Western powers wanted. The energy behind the vote never struck me as populous driven, like we saw with the Scottish referendum. If they do follow through with leaving it does make you wonder what mechanisms are at work. The UK leaving the EU under controlled conditions could produce some interesting power dynamics and would be pretty different than say a Greece exit or major German reform. There is no issue with the UK changing it's alliances as it is the original Western power so this is not a shift in the way the global chess board will operate.

Alada said:
My thoughts turned back to the second Lisbon treaty referendum in Ireland too. There was only 17 months between the two votes. It demonstrates that all options are still on the table, and the vote is non-binding as others have pointed out. Whatever the UK ends up with will be whatever suits the agenda of the day.

Imagine a scenario where the UK economy tanks, ECB and eurozone countries won’t help and so the UK is forced to accept U.S. led bail outs with TTIP strings attached. Bye bye sovereignty and NHS for starters if that ever happens.

It's important to keep our eyes open to see which way the dust is settling.

At home Cameron has announced he will quit and Labour are pushing for a no-confidence vote in Corbyn. Maybe we end up with a snap election and UKip govt before Christmas too?

I find the timing of that interesting - to coincide roughly with the US election.

Maybe there is a lot of money to be made, in imagining what is the worst thing that can happen and then betting on it to happen. There seems to be a good track record so far. And on that note, I’m sure there are a few people that made a LOT of money overnight.

Someone probably just made millions
_https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/746327473021911040
Reuters Business @ReutersBiz
BREAKING: Morgan Stanley has begun moving 2,000 investment banking staff from London to Dublin or Frankfurt: report
TwitterToday at 2:01 PM

_https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/746330678212558848
Reuters Business @ReutersBiz
UPDATE: Morgan Stanley denies reports that it would move 2,000 investment banking staff from London
TwitterToday at 2:14 PM

Путин обвинил Кэмерона в низком уровне политической культуры

https://lenta.ru/news/2016/06/24/putin_brexit/?utm_source=rnews

Президент России ответил на слова премьер-министра Великобритании Дэвида Кэмерона о том, что от выхода страны из ЕС «будет счастлив Путин». Об этом в пятницу, 24 июня, сообщает «Интерфакс».

«Заявление премьер-министра Великобритании господина Кэмерона до этого плебисцита, до референдума, в котором он озвучил позицию России, не имеет под собой никаких оснований. Я считаю, что это не что иное, как некорректная попытка повлиять на общественное мнение в собственной стране», — сказал Владимир Путин.

При этом глава российского государства отметил, что нужный эффект не был достигнут. «Но, как мы видим, даже это не имело нужного для тех, кто это делает, результата. А тем более после голосования заявлять о какой-то позиции России, на мой взгляд, никто не имеет права. Это не что иное, как проявление низкого уровня политической культуры», — заявил Путин.

Президент также ответил на обвинения во вмешательстве в ход голосования. «Мы никогда не вмешивались, не высказывались по этому поводу. Вели себя, на мой взгляд, очень корректно и, конечно, внимательно следили за тем, что происходит. Но никак не влияли на этот процесс и даже не пытались этого делать», — заявил Путин.

Ранее глава МИД Великобритании Филип Хэммонд предположил, что результаты референдума о выходе королевства из Евросоюза порадовали российского президента. Бывший посол США в России Майкл Макфол назвал результаты плебисцита победой Путина.

17 мая Кэмерон заявил, что выход Великобритании из ЕС может осчастливить президента России и лидера террористической группировки «Исламское государство» (запрещена в России — прим. «Ленты.ру») Абу Бакра аль-Багдади.

Референдум по вопросу о дальнейшем пребывании Великобритании в ЕС прошел 23 июня. Сторонники Brexit победили с 51,9 процента голосов.

Translation

Putin accused Cameron of a low level of political culture

The Russian President responded to the words of the Prime Minister of great Britain David Cameron that the country's withdrawal from the EU will be happy with Putin". On Friday, June 24, reports "Interfax".

"Statement by the Prime Minister Mr Cameron before the plebiscite, the referendum, in which he voiced the Russian position, has no basis in fact. I believe that this is nothing like an incorrect attempt to influence public opinion in their own country", — said Vladimir Putin.

The Russian head of state noted that the desired effect was not achieved. "But as we can see, even that was not needed for those who do, result. And especially after the vote to declare a position of Russia, in my opinion, nobody has the right. It is not that other, as a manifestation of the low level of political culture", — Putin said.

The President also responded to accusations of meddling in the vote. "We never interfered, did not speak about it. Behaved, in my opinion, very correctly and, of course, were watching closely what is happening. But had no effect on this process and haven't even tried to do it," — said Putin.

Earlier, British foreign Secretary Philip Hammond suggested that the results of the referendum on withdrawal of the Kingdom from the European Union was pleased the Russian President. Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul called the plebiscite a victory for Putin.

17 may, Cameron said that British exit from the EU could bring happiness to the President of Russia and leader of the terrorist group "Islamic state" (banned in Russia — approx. "Of the tape.<url>") Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

A referendum on the question of further stay in the UK in the EU was held on 23 June. Supporters of Brexit won with 51.9% of votes.

Personally I like to look at world events in the context of the broader picture of earth changes. IMO all that is happening is about perception management and psychological warfare. I think all of it starting with cold war 2.0, economic war, missile defense programs and the rest have one thing in common; preparation and distraction of the general public.

If you pay attention most countries are all quietly doing something along these lines. As we all know, space rocks, weather changes, animal die offs and sink holes are exponentially increasing. Also from my understanding technologically we are in the midst of the realm crossing into 4D. I mean everyday there is another fundamental scientific “discovery” introduced that is game changing. Sure the minions might be running around not knowing the true picture, but that’s how the illusion works best.

As Laura always reminds us the Victor Clube quote:

"We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!"

So IMO this Brit exit is another distraction for the ptb minions and the general public. The more unexpected and chaotic the better from the ptb perspective.

Nima said:
Personally I like to look at world events in the context of the broader picture of earth changes. IMO all that is happening is about perception management and psychological warfare. I think all of it starting with cold war 2.0, economic war, missile defense programs and the rest have one thing in common; preparation and distraction of the general public.

If you pay attention most countries are all quietly doing something along these lines. As we all know, space rocks, weather changes, animal die offs and sink holes are exponentially increasing. Also from my understanding technologically we are in the midst of the realm crossing into 4D. I mean everyday there is another fundamental scientific “discovery” introduced that is game changing. Sure the minions might be running around not knowing the true picture, but that’s how the illusion works best.

As Laura always reminds us the Victor Clube quote:

"We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!"

So IMO this Brit exit is another distraction for the ptb minions and the general public. The more unexpected and chaotic the better from the ptb perspective.

Oh yeahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

https://youtu.be/tCDiMx0x4NM

https://youtu.be/atkmSaD4vm0

Reading all the articles and news bites it's really hard to say if the result was the "real thing" or not. Was the result truly a surprise and bad news for the PTB, or was it orchestrated to either:

a) act as a "warning example" for others, and giving the excuse to tighten the integration even further, or
b) let the "English lords" leave the sinking EU-Titanic (Britain, in my understanding, has more export/import going on with non-Europaean countries, like India, so the trade with EU is small potatoes for them anyway), or
c) something else

I'm hoping for the first option, that this is the real deal. In that case, my guess is that "they" did try their usual manipulation of the votes, but either:

a) someone sabotaged/hindered the manipulation, or
b) the percentage of exit-votes was much bigger than predicted, so the tampering of the votes wasn't effective enough.

It would be interesting to know what the real result (without manipulation) was.

I was also surprised by the no vote. Could it be that the Ptb had an overconfidence that they had shifted enough votes to get a yes, and it wasn't enough. Therefore I think it would be interesting to know what the real Yes and No vote was (perhaps from the C's). Group think might have convinced them that shifting 10% of the vote would make them comfortable due to believing their own polls.

As it is, it will be interesting to see what develops and the fall out. Deutche Bank could be in serious trouble, as if they were not in enough trouble already. The Forex market is a $5.3 trillion/day market and Deutche Bank is among the leading banks in that market. Most currencies today dropped a lot compared to the US dollar with the Japanese being about the only one, who gained over the dollar (by 3,7%!).
The share price of Deutche Bank fell short of 14%. Correction it fell just over 16%

As there is no love lost between thieves (psychopaths), one could also imagine that some traders pulled a quick one over the others by feeding them false information etc. and suddenly you have a Lehmann Brothers situation where the sharks eats one of their own. It is of course just speculation, but it is clear that as some people gained a lot as Alada mentioned, then some people, banks, hedgefunds lost a LOT as well.

domi said:
c.a. said:
Financial Hairball that's for sure.

Perhaps somebody really needed to short some stocks and make a gazillion dollars and made sure it swung in the brexit direction?

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. One little country is a pawn on their chessboard.

Here is one possible scenario: The UK government will announce they will be leaving, so they proceed with the negotiations with the EU to replace previous agreements with new ones. That becomes a long, feet-dragging process, long enough to make the British public forget all about it, and to put lots of pressure on the EU itself. Then, after a while, when they extract a few concessions behind doors from the EU representatives, they go back to the UK people and tell them that we should reconsider, cause being in the EU is going to be sweeter than before. There will be some debate and protests, but eventually they will organize a second referendum, and this time it will turn out to be 'remain', whether rigged or not.

In short, basically what Niall proposed in his article: the UK elite using the whole thing as a negotiating tool. Germany is calling the shots of the EU? We can't have that!

Back
Top Bottom