Caesar Soup

beetlemaniac said:
I want to try this... But do we de-shell the shrimp and scallops before putting them in the soup?

You can de-shell them or buy them already this way. I guess you could make it with the shell on if you prefer, though it might alter the taste a bit, more sea taste. But that could be a good thing for some.

I love it! Now this sounds like my kind of soup! My mouth is watering just thinking about the taste, yummy yummy yummy.

Thanks for the recipe. I love scallops. I've put in a request to my mom for the soup as my birthday meal, yet I think I'm going to try to make it today.

Thank you for sharing :thup: It has my favorite ingredients... This soup sounds like a winner!! I'll make it next week :cheer:

Thank you for this - it was utterly amazing! :D
Following the recipe I've got enough for a bowl for breakfast all week.

I did cook the shrimp/scallops with the lid on the pan, but in hind sight it seems better to let it simmer so it reduces slightly.

IMG_9764.JPG

We cooked the soup this yesterday. I LOVE IT! :love: Thank you Alana for the recipe and also for sharing the article about saffron, such a beautiful herb.

Thanks very much for this recipe, Alana. I had tried making seafood chowder before using butter and coconut milk, but the saffron and spices you use will make it even better I think. I'm another seafood lover, so I'm excited to give this a try :)

Aya said:
IMG_9764.JPG

We cooked the soup this yesterday. I LOVE IT! :love: Thank you Alana for the recipe and also for sharing the article about saffron, such a beautiful herb.

That photo is just beautiful! I gotta make some more!

I've made similar in the past but Alana's herbs and spices make it superb! Mine was yummy and am making more this weekend. Thank you, Alana. :love:

Yes, thank you Alana. Just made some today and it was delicious! ... And very filling. :)

Thank you for the recipe Alana! We've had the soup for dinner last night and it was absolutely fantastic :flowers:

Laura said:
Aya said:
IMG_9764.JPG

That photo is just beautiful! I gotta make some more!

We added a little "chef" twist to the recipe. We took the shrimp shells and some lobster shells we had in the freezer and browned them a bit in the pan, then added the butter coconut broth and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so and strained it before adding the other ingredients. It built up some nice flavor in the broth.

Absolutely divine soup, and very filling. Thanks Alana!

When you say coconut cream, Is that coconut milk, or is there a fatter coconut cream?
If so, could one use the fat that separates from the water when putting a can of coconut milk in the fridge?

It looks a sounds just delicious! (unfortunately I´m unsure if I can eat shellfish, but this would be a lovely way to do a lot of testing :P )

Back
Top Bottom