Comet C/2012 S1 - ISON

Here is an interactive orbital diagram relative to the planets, sun, and ison. I couldn't figure out a way to see pre-calculated orbits before perihelion.

_http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/orbits/epoxi1.html

The high resolution animations from the Secchi coronographs have been released

cor2a_anim.gif

cor2b_anim.gif

Rise said:
Laura said:
At that distance, it reached temperatures of 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit(2,760 degrees Celsius) - hot enough to vaporize not just ices in the comet's body, but dust and rock as well.

What is the type of metal suggested by the Cs that comets are made of? Nickel and Cobalt? I'm having a hard time finding the original reference. 2700C is very hot and checking online for metals that can survive that temperature there does not seem to be that many... even steel would probably melt. Tungsten is apparently around ~3000C. I suppose the size of the comet needs to be taken into consideration because if it isn't being heated at 2700C for very long then perhaps the core would remain cool... I don't really know.

This is all very fascinating to watch.

I think this is what you were referring to:

From Session 990619:
"Q: (L) You said that the primary composition of this comet is nickel?
A: No, we said "nickel?"
Q: (L) What does 'nickel' mean? (A) It's a shiny metal. (L) A coin, a five cent piece...
A: What does molten nickel look like against the backdrop of space?
Q: (A) It would look like silver... (L) Would it have a color? (A) I don't think so.
A: Does it conduct electricity? Is it magnetic?
Q: (A) Yes, it can conduct, but it's not magnetic. Why 'molten?'
A: What about the "tail" of such an object coming into contact with the ionosphere?
Q: (L) Oh. I think I get it. The Nostradamus thing about a great comet's tail or something... let me look it up: After great trouble for humanity, a greater one is
prepared The Great Mover renews the ages: Rain, blood, milk, famine, steel and plague, Is the heavens fire seen, a long spark running. This one is supposed to
refer to something that occurs at the turn of the Millennium... is this what we are getting at here? Something that will look like a 'long spark running' which then
comes in contact with the ionosphere which may exchange potentials with the earth by virtue of this conducting, molten nickel tail? Yes????? Is that good?
A: Ask Arkadiusz.
Q: (L) Well, honey... am I on to something here? (A) The point is that this comet is in space. Space is rather cold, so the question is: what would make nickel
molten? (L) Well, it will be close to the sun! That will heat it up! (A) This particular comet is not going to come close enough to the sun to melt it! (L) Well then,
how can the nickel be molten???
A: What about flares?
Q: (L) That's it! A bodacious solar flare! And, combined with the bodacious solar flare is a change of trajectory because of its accumulation of matter... so that
it is closer to the sun ...(A) But it is not coming close enough to the sun to be caught in a solar flare!
A: Is nickel magnetic?
Q: (L) No. What does it mean to this subject that a nickel is not magnetic?
A: Does nickel have a companion?
Q: A) Well, when we say a 'companion,' it means another metal in the same family in the Mendeleev Table. I believe that cobalt and Nickel are in the same
family, but I will have to check...
A: And cobalt is invisible in the good old vacuum of space, but not nickel!
Q: L) Does that mean it will attract cobalt?
A: No, cobalt will attract.
Q: L) The cobalt will attract flares... electromagnetic phenomena...
A: Et al.

Q: (L) I see.
A: Now, you need to know the composition of this comet... And any other closely following same. We have alluded to the increased cometary activity before.
Oort, and that which cyclically disturbs it."

Altair said:

That's does not look like disintegration to me. If I'm understanding the mechanics properly I'd say that it will naturally fade upon moving away from the sun.

If it disintegrated you would not see it coming out of the other side. This is not like burning something in the atmosphere where if you ignite something it continues to burn because it has oxygen as full to promote the combustion reaction. My thinking is it had the opposite charge of the sun.

What happens as oppositely charge high voltage sources come close to one another? They began to give off corona glow and even ark. That is what happened on ISON's way toward the sun. It brightened and/or began to ark (comet tails). So naturally it will began to become more dim as it moves away from the sun. And further, this may be black and white thinking but I would think that disintegrations would have a higher probability of occurring the closer you were to the sun.

Not the situation where one get's close to the sun then escapes, and then disintegrates because it is somehow burning in space which is a vacuum btw. Try doing an experiment at home and light a candle in a vacuum or a closed container. Just my 0.02.

This guy has been following this closely. What are your thoughts on his prognosis of the situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZcQ9fNBm2c

trendsetter37 said:
Altair said:

That's does not look like disintegration to me. If I'm understanding the mechanics properly I'd say that it will naturally fade upon moving away from the sun.

If it disintegrated you would not see it coming out of the other side. This is not like burning something in the atmosphere where if you ignite something it continues to burn because it has oxygen as full to promote the combustion reaction. My thinking is it had the opposite charge of the sun.

What happens as oppositely charge high voltage sources come close to one another? They began to give off corona glow and even ark. That is what happened on ISON's way toward the sun. It brightened and/or began to ark (comet tails). So naturally it will began to become more dim as it moves away from the sun. And further, this may be black and white thinking but I would think that disintegrations would have a higher probability of occurring the closer you were to the sun.

Not the situation where one get's close to the sun then escapes, and then disintegrates because it is somehow burning in space which is a vacuum btw. Try doing an experiment at home and light a candle in a vacuum or a closed container. Just my 0.02.

This guy has been following this closely. What are your thoughts on his prognosis of the situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZcQ9fNBm2c

Exactly. Just because there is no more light, or less light, that is admitted by the comet (or comets) doesn't necessarily mean that it has desintegrated or gone poof IMO.

If ISON had a shell of collected material, it might have insulated it from the excessive heat, until that shell finally broke-down under the forces exerted by the sun, leaving a dense and dark ISON to escape, singed but intact, maybe.

Maybe like life itself.

Scientists See Increased Asteroid Threat

WASHINGTON, November 8 (RIA Novosti) – Asteroid strikes like the one that occurred over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February are much more likely to happen than previously thought, scientists said in a report published in the scientific journal Nature.
A team of researchers studied two decades’ worth of data gathered by US government-run infrasound sensors positioned around the planet and discovered that 60 asteroids up to 20 meters (65 feet) in size had crashed into the planet’s atmosphere over the period –­­ far more than had been previously thought.
Now scientists suggest that asteroids like the Chelyabinsk one – which was about 19 meters (62 feet) wide – could strike the planet every 20 or even 10 years, compared with an earlier estimate of once a century, according to the report, published Wednesday.
Speaking to the BBC, lead author Professor Peter Brown, from the University of Western Ontario, Canada, said an asteroid-warning system should be established.
“Having some sort of system that scans the sky almost continuously and looks for these objects just before they hit the earth, that probably is something worth doing,” he said.
“In the case of Chelyabinsk, a few days’ to a week’s warning would have been valuable.”
The findings come amid rising concern that asteroids pose a danger to the planet.

Next month the United Nations General Assembly is expected to establish an International Asteroid Warning Network for countries to share information about falling celestial bodies. It is also anticipated to call on the world’s space agencies to establish an advisory group to explore technologies for deflecting an asteroid, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
In September, the United States and Russia signed an agreement that listed several areas for potential nuclear-energy and security cooperation. The US Department of Energy subsequently noted “defense from asteroids” as one such area.

Source: http://en.ria.ru/science/20131108/184578170/Scientists-See-Increased-Asteroid-Threat.html

Pierre's article in SOTT "Why didn't Comet ISON melt in the Sun? How NASA and Official Science got it all wrong (again)" has now appeared at -www.whatreallyhappened.com This is the first time I have seen a Signs article linked from that site. Congratulations Pierre and SOTT! :D

Richard S said:
Pierre's article in SOTT "Why didn't Comet ISON melt in the Sun? How NASA and Official Science got it all wrong (again)" has now appeared at -www.whatreallyhappened.com This is the first time I have seen a Signs article linked from that site. Congratulations Pierre and SOTT! :D

Indeed, just checked the link, good one, Pierre and SoTT!

Richard S said:

That's a good news.

In addition "whatreallyhappened" offers quite an interesting content (compared to mainstream Medias), so that's all the more positive :)

Thanks Richard S, that is what I was looking for. Also a lot of what I was thinking about was answered in Pierre's article, very timely.

This german article:
http://de.ria.ru/society/20131130/267388165.html

posted by Altair here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,33248.msg458173.html#msg458173

says that there might be a possibility that the remains of ISON will either cause shooting stars on earth arround new year or some bigger ones might impact earth. Russian scientist are suggesting that possibility.

Here is a quick google translation of the article (a bit corrected by me (pretty rough translation)):

Meteorite impact instead of shooting stars? Russian researchers: Comet ISON will bring a surprise

Burned, sort of! The highly anticipated " Christmas Comet " ISON who went through the sun next point of its orbit on Thursday night , will make according to Russian astronomers either a peacefully spectacle in the form of shooting stars - or an hazardous meteor shower.

Sergei Smirnov, Press Secretary of the Observatory Pulkovo announced in St. Petersburg, that even though the " comet of the century " lost a hundred times of his brightness during his " Kiss" with the sun, but ISON was by no means completely destroyed. That the comet's tail can still be seen " in the form of a little contrasted elongated cloud" means that the comet was not crumbled to dust, but that larger chunks of the celestial body continue to take course for Earth after the destruction of the core of ISON.

According to the spokesman of the Pulkovo Observatory ISON had on the evening of 28 November ( 19:38 CET) closed up to the sun to about the diameter of the sun. Had the comet survived this close encounter wit the sun without any major damage, it would have crossed earths orbit on the 24 of December in a secure 65 million kilometers away. But the fact that the core of ISON has been broken into pieces, according to the experts has led to a sharp slowdown of it and a change in his orbit. The comets tail and the fragments of the " Advent comet " itself , according to Smirnov, will reach Earths orbit therefore a week later.

"It could get serious"

"The inhabitants of the earth, awaits a surprise in the New Year's night ," according to the the astronomers, who compare the comet with the Russian fairy-tale figure Snegurochka (German = "Schneeflökchen"; English= "snowflake"), the faithful companion of Ded Moroz (German = "Väterchen Frost"; English= "Father Frost"). Retrieved from " Snegurochka " will either be a friendly " farewell smile" to be expected in the form of a shooting star night - or a potentially fatal meteorite crash.

"On the New Year's Eve , but also on the 2 up to 4 January 2014 is to be expected an increased meteor activity. This can manifest itself as a bright flare of tiny meteors in the sky when they burn up in the Earth's atmosphere. But even more threatening manifestations such as a meteorit shower can not be excluded " the representative of the Russian observatory is convinced.

Christmas Surprise: shooting stars or meteorit?

The Astronomers can indicate the likelihood of such an event after careful observation of the speed and brightness of the comet fragments said Smirnov. The last date for more accurate predictions is the 24th December, when the ISON cloud crosses the orbit. "It could get serious ," said the spokesman of the Pulkovo Observatory .

A not uninteresting circumstance for mystics , astrologers and Eschatologen: The earth travel through the left comet cloud by Ison is expected to be on 4 January 2014- coinciding with a parade of planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Jupiter and Pluto are at this time on a line with the sun.

The comet S/2012 ( ISON ) was discovered in September 2012 by the Russian astronomer Artyom Nowitschonok and his Belarusian colleague Vitaly Nevsky at the Observatory Kislovodsk (North Caucasus). The Russian Observatory is part of the International Space Observation Network , the comet was baptized on the English abbreviation of the research institution .

What caused it to curve as it came out of the sun? If it survived the plunge, why didn't Comet C/2012 S1 - ISON continue in the same trajectory it entered? Just asking.

Back
Top Bottom