Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

Re: Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Kindle!

Yes you can get new one on Amazon for 79Euro
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007HCCOD0?ext=97-322&ref=pd_sl_aw1mo7lge_e&tag=googhydr08-21&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=508050140853810542&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e

Forgot to add the weight which is significant. Kindle 170 g and iPad 620 g.

Exciting news! :D
Looking forward to the printed book, Thanks a lot!

Got the kindle on my computer... Observation on the formatting...

Tables and multi-column text (at least that is what I think it was supposed to be) such as long quotations from the bible are so messed up as to be semi-unreadable. These formats are being lost when translating to the Kindle display. At least, that is happening on my Kindle reader for PC. Thought you should know...

The content pulls me right in like Laura's work always has. Thanks.

Very exciting!

Kaigen said:
Yes you can get new one on Amazon for 79Euro
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007HCCOD0?ext=97-322&ref=pd_sl_aw1mo7lge_e&tag=googhydr08-21&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=508050140853810542&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e

It may be easier for Loreta to get it from amazon UK since the website is in english:
_http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HCCOD0/ref=amb_link_173111827_4?ie=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=033J2D07KAY0GC7NRZX5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=364748907&pf_rd_i=468294

I don't yet have a kindle, so I think I'll also hold for the print version.

Patience said:

Tables and multi-column text (at least that is what I think it was supposed to be) such as long quotations from the bible are so messed up as to be semi-unreadable. These formats are being lost when translating to the Kindle display. At least, that is happening on my Kindle reader for PC. Thought you should know...

Where do you see that? It was checked twice, and we didn't notice anything that was "semi-unreadable". The problem is that, as far as our techies know for the moment, tables are hard to program into the kindle. Therefore, there are no borders in each cell, as in the paper version. But other than that, at least on my kindle everything is very readable. The "gaps" you see, when some columns are shorter or longer than others, reflect how it was designed by Laura. Each row is aligned with its corresponding ones. But if you aren't seeing this, then there might be a problem, so let us know, please.

Loreta, you don't absolutely need a kindle reader in order to read the file. See Mr. Scott's post here:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28740.msg360853.html#msg360853

I wait for the physical version, and I don't think it will take all that long :)

The Kindle Versions are surely great, especially if you are not at home and you can read it on a electronic device in you hands without carrying a book around. But I think that a pysical book is always a good idea to have too, since you never know how the future might look like.

A physical book you can always read, share, hand down to next generation even without electrical power! When you only rely on electronic devises for you book collection you might loose your whole library when things get worse. Nothing can compete with the good old book IMO.

Just imagine what would happen if books finally die out and all that is left are recordings on electronic devices in the case of caraclysmic disasters in the future! A whole lot of knowlege would be lost pretty quickly, and there wouldn't be much physical knowlege in book or written form left to hand down to the generations, after the event. A book, if handled carefully, can survive for hundreds of years, even thousands....

I bought it, I downloaded it with Kindle for PC, I converted the ebook into ePub, I'm gonna prepare some tea and start reading it on my Kobo. It sounds like a great day !

Bought it as well !!
Impulse buy is the best :lol:

For those hesitating to buy a kindle, it's great and you can save your purchased book on your computer then transfer them to the kindle (or any other books you may have in the correct formats). I don't even use the wifi at all on my kindle.

Ailén said:
Where do you see that? It was checked twice, and we didn't notice anything that was "semi-unreadable". The problem is that, as far as our techies know for the moment, tables are hard to program into the kindle. Therefore, there are no borders in each cell, as in the paper version. But other than that, at least on my kindle everything is very readable. The "gaps" you see, when some columns are shorter or longer than others, reflect how it was designed by Laura. Each row is aligned with its corresponding ones. But if you aren't seeing this, then there might be a problem, so let us know, please.

For the record, I couldn't care less, but I was thinking of the effect of presentation on readers that are not, for example, forum members. But now that I think of it, if they get bent out of shape by some funny text, they probably are not the target audience. Anyway...

I am not yet halfway through the book, but strange text effects are found at location 459. There is a second similar text weirdness at another location that I could not find again just now. Both were with bible quotations.

If you can't fix the table, then you can't. Not the end of the world... The one I have ancountered thus far is at location 396. There are no spaces between the columns and no spaces between the rows, so it took a bit of staring before I could make out what was going on though I was tired at the time. Maybe the margins in each column could be reduced so that space between the columns is forced? And then a space between rows would also be really a lot more visually sortable.

Again... Not a biggie for me... I was planning on reading 10 minutes last night as I went to bed. I was exhausted. Three hours later, i was actually falling asleep while reading and trying to wake myself up to keep going.

I really like Laura's writing style. it is somehow informal and formal at the same time. Formal in the richness of vocabulary... I guess I would call it eloquence, but informal in that I feel almost personally addressed while reading it.

Ailén said:
Patience said:

Loreta, you don't absolutely need a kindle reader in order to read the file. See Mr. Scott's post here:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28740.msg360853.html#msg360853
Ailen, I just sent you a couple of photos to your Gmail as I've taken them at work on my phone and it was easier to send by email. Some of the tables are indeed difficult to read. The ones I've sent you are the first problematic ones I've encountered. Previous ones were okay. I'm reading them on a kindle :)
edit: fixed quotes

Odyssey said:
Any word on when the print version will be out? At any rate, I can't wait. Off to power up my tablet for Kindle download. Yay! :clap:

Laura mentioned it somewhere else that the print may take a little longer, since it has to be printed :).

Anyway really awesome news :headbanger:! And the cover reminds me of a Tarot-Card

Patience said:
Ailén said:

For the record, I couldn't care less, but I was thinking of the effect of presentation on readers that are not, for example, forum members. But now that I think of it, if they get bent out of shape by some funny text, they probably are not the target audience. Anyway...

I am not yet halfway through the book, but strange text effects are found at location 459. There is a second similar text weirdness at another location that I could not find again just now. Both were with bible quotations.

If you can't fix the table, then you can't. Not the end of the world... The one I have ancountered thus far is at location 396. There are no spaces between the columns and no spaces between the rows, so it took a bit of staring before I could make out what was going on though I was tired at the time. Maybe the margins in each column could be reduced so that space between the columns is forced? And then a space between rows would also be really a lot more visually sortable.

Again... Not a biggie for me... I was planning on reading 10 minutes last night as I went to bed. I was exhausted. Three hours later, i was actually falling asleep while reading and trying to wake myself up to keep going.

I really like Laura's writing style. it is somehow informal and formal at the same time. Formal in the richness of vocabulary... I guess I would call it eloquence, but informal in that I feel almost personally addressed while reading it.

On the kindle device it is fine, the software itself for the computer is a bit wonky and makes from time to time some problems and shows some different things than on the kindle device itself (i.e. location 565). But I can't remember the reason right now.

Gandalf said:
Kisito said:
Very good news which Laura's work continues. But I have to wait for the French translation, my English is really too too bad :(

I think that you have a very good opportunity to improve your English before this book is available in French.
I thank you Gandalf of your optimism. I finish the book of Velikovsky and I put myself in English.

Great news!

I've been hesitant to buy a Kindle. Some reviewers say they tend to crash soon after the warranty expires.
I've downloaded on Kindle book to my PC but then I have to sit at my PC to read.

Maybe I'll wait for word on paper publishing date. The feel of a traditional book and seeing it on the shelf in my library is nice.

In any case I'm excited to read it.

Mac

Slow down with all these Kindle releases; I am struggling to keep up with all the reading, lol...

Just kidding, thanks for all the hard work and keep them coming!

Back
Top Bottom