Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

parallel said:
Made a trailer for the book:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7-JB9aDwg

Good job! :D I really like it, how the other books are visually referenced and would buy the book based on it.

parallel said:

Great work :rockon:! But is it possible that the video is a bit juddering?!

Thanks. Yeah it does seem to be stuttering a little bit. The slight vertical jerking in the pan was from not having enough frames to timescale with, not willing to compromise with blur, but then it seems youtube has added some horizontal juttering, which wasn't there right after upload.

Reading everyone's comment has me soo excited to read this book. I'm trying to finish Secret History before I cave and buy this.. My kindle tells me I'm 53% through Secret History and it's an amazing read, so I am more than excited to get to Comets and The Horns of Moses after!!

My heartfelt thanks to Laura for her amazing and constant work to share all of this with us.

Finally! Finished HoM yesterday after about a week's reading on my kindle. I would've preferred the book but my physical space is way too limited. Shame. If anything were to happen to the environment in terms of electricity with all of that digital info... :scared:
Another excellent book well written (when aren't they?!) & thoroughly well researched with a great flow to such complex sciences that so-called experts regularly mess up. Also inviting for those not terribly interested in those studies, a double thumbs up from me.
Funny how easy it was to read & i didn't even employ any speed reading, though Secret History of the World was the necessary set-up so it would need to be that long. A fun read on tough subjects in quick time! I was hesitant to give a review on Amazon when prompted as i didn't think i'd do it justice but i think i'll take a bit of this post & just add a little. Thanks for such precision & dedication.
Bear said:
parallel said:

Good job! :D I really like it, how the other books are visually referenced and would buy the book based on it.

Agreed! I think that Laura's books should be linked on Facebook & elsewhere just like that, especially in light of the most hottest of topics on the forum in the last month & right now...

This is a magnificent book.

Now reading it I take conscience of my ignorance. How come I am so ignorant? How come I did not learn about philosophy? About Greece? About Rome? So I ask myself: I went to school, I went to the university and I am still a big, huge ignorant of things that are important. Yesterday I bought in Kindle the book by Diogenes Laercio, today I am looking something by Socrates.... Laura's book is like a door. I am so grateful of her teachings. Thank you, thank you.

Hi Laura, thanks for a great book :) The one thing which I kept thinking over and over while reading it was 'Imagine if she had access to the Vatican Library?'

I would suggest that the texts/books/manuscripts which have apparently been destroyed throughout the course of history and no longer survive, actually do survive and are buried away somewhere in there. I bet joining the dots would be so much easier if some of the lines were already drawn!

MikeJoseph82 said:
Hi Laura, thanks for a great book :) The one thing which I kept thinking over and over while reading it was 'Imagine if she had access to the Vatican Library?'

I would suggest that the texts/books/manuscripts which have apparently been destroyed throughout the course of history and no longer survive, actually do survive and are buried away somewhere in there. I bet joining the dots would be so much easier if some of the lines were already drawn!

I joke about the coming plague... when 80 to 90 percent of the population is wiped out, I'm heading down there with a team and a couple of 18 wheelers!

Laura said:
MikeJoseph82 said:

I joke about the coming plague... when 80 to 90 percent of the population is wiped out, I'm heading down there with a team and a couple of 18 wheelers!

I'll volunteer for that mission!! :D

This book is fantastic! It reads so well, even the parts I've read before :thup:

Just like The Wave series, wonderfully threaded together. Time to review me thinks!

Laura said:

Sing out if you need any extra muscle - lifting and carrying things is something I excel at.

In my mind, I was a little annoyed when interpreting myths between the astronomical side and the symbolic side, like it must be one or the other. And tonight I watched a conference (_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MkJE5MekOc ) that helped me to reconcile the two. From a really hard fact, there is meaningful message added to explain it. She gave a really good example about the 28 days of the moon and different myths.

Maybe it is just me who was too stupid enough to understand that or if it has been already mentioned it passed way far over my head... Anyway I thought to overcome my :-[ and post it, if it could be useful for someone else...

Maat said:
In my mind, I was a little annoyed when interpreting myths between the astronomical side and the symbolic side, like it must be one or the other. And tonight I watched a conference (_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MkJE5MekOc ) that helped me to reconcile the two. From a really hard fact, there is meaningful message added to explain it. She gave a really good example about the 28 days of the moon and different myths.

Maybe it is just me who was too stupid enough to understand that or if it has been already mentioned it passed way far over my head... Anyway I thought to overcome my :-[ and post it, if it could be useful for someone else...

Thanks so much for posting it Maat.

Maat said:

The way indigenous peoples transmitted knowledge is quite interesting. They compressed as much information as possible into stories (so you'd get long descriptions of locations and the order in which birds cry in the morning when waking up) so I definitely agree that both the mythic and astronomical side can be valid simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom