Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

About halfway through the new book. It's beautifully put down with the intensive research and clear tying together of concepts. My mind's been racing with all the fresh implications of the world that it's making apparent for me. Laura, you've always opened doors to fresh ways of exploring the world, but this book has me reeling. The hard information, along with your knowledgable and well crafted knitting, has put me in high gear redefining Everything. It's also putting the 20 some odd years of the sessions in a very clear perspective for me. Thanks as I continue with it and look forward to the upcoming volumes.

How much time does it take usually to have a review published on amazon? I posted mine a few weeks ago and it hasn't been published yet.

mkrnhr said:
How much time does it take usually to have a review published on amazon? I posted mine a few weeks ago and it hasn't been published yet.

Usually, on dot com, up to 48 hours, but if you brought it, then it would be immediately (at least, to my experience).

Added:

If you really published a review and it's not published after 48 hours, then it's more than likely that you violated the guideline/policies.

Well, I can't answer about 'usually' as I have only very recently joined Amazon but the one review I posted was published the next day and I was notified in advance via Email and even got a chance to preview it first just in case I would have wanted to change anything -- for instance because of the different web page lay out effects or whatever.

So I guess you better repost yours and make an inquiry as to why it wasn't posted up until now. Could be for all sorts of different reasons, really.

Well, I posted in English in the French version of amazon, maybe it's a violation of some sort? I'll do another one and see.

mkrnhr said:
Well, I posted in English in the French version of amazon, maybe it's a violation of some sort? I'll do another one and see.

I post my reviews to .com and .ca, and they're usually up within a day or two. But they have rejected some of my reviews of Laura's books, specifically the Wave books (as well as Vegetarian Myth and Black Dahlia Avenger, for some reason...).

mkrnhr said:

Both on .ca & .com it has only been part of a day at most and sometimes almost right away.

I have an idea about something Laura wrote in the book, so fair warning a spoiler quote is to follow. On page 348-

Late in his career (possibly about 135 BCE), Hipparchus compiled his star catalog. He also constructed a celestial globe depicting the constellations, based on his observations. This celestial globe may have been the model for the Atlas Farnese Globe. The peculiar thing about this globe is the fact that all the constellations are shown in reverse, as they would be seen by someone outside of the cosmic system, i.e. the ‘hypercosmic’ perspective. Or, perhaps, it was intended to be viewed in a mirror for some reason.

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura (2013-01-15). Comets and the Horns of Moses (The Secret History of the World) (p. 349). Red Pill Press. Kindle Edition.

The part in bold is what struck me when I read it. I do not know how this device was constructed(if it was a "device" at all), but if it was hollow with the stars/constellations being holes while the rest was solid, it could be possible to illuminate it from within to project the reverse image on a surface. If this is the case and function of the device, it would mean that Hipparchus created the first planetarium projector. All he would have had to do is place a candle in the middle of the device inside a dark room and voila!

Just a thought, but I could be way off since I do not know how it was constructed. It makes me wonder if he had somehow read or had access to the now lost writing of Archimedes titled "On Sphere-making". No clear evidence of the 2 spheres Archimedes supposedly created exists except in writings of others during that time, but if they existed and somehow Hipparchus saw them, it may have some relevance to his constellation sphere.

QuantumLogic said:
I have an idea about something Laura wrote in the book, so fair warning a spoiler quote is to follow. On page 348-

Late in his career (possibly about 135 BCE), Hipparchus compiled his star catalog. He also constructed a celestial globe depicting the constellations, based on his observations. This celestial globe may have been the model for the Atlas Farnese Globe. The peculiar thing about this globe is the fact that all the constellations are shown in reverse, as they would be seen by someone outside of the cosmic system, i.e. the ‘hypercosmic’ perspective. Or, perhaps, it was intended to be viewed in a mirror for some reason.

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura (2013-01-15). Comets and the Horns of Moses (The Secret History of the World) (p. 349). Red Pill Press. Kindle Edition.

The part in bold is what struck me when I read it. I do not know how this device was constructed(if it was a "device" at all), but if it was hollow with the stars/constellations being holes while the rest was solid, it could be possible to illuminate it from within to project the reverse image on a surface. If this is the case and function of the device, it would mean that Hipparchus created the first planetarium projector. All he would have had to do is place a candle in the middle of the device inside a dark room and voila!

Just a thought, but I could be way off since I do not know how it was constructed. It makes me wonder if he had somehow read or had access to the now lost writing of Archimedes titled "On Sphere-making". No clear evidence of the 2 spheres Archimedes supposedly created exists except in writings of others during that time, but if they existed and somehow Hipparchus saw them, it may have some relevance to his constellation sphere.

Yes, I thought of that. Also there is the fact that one of the other books written by Hipparchus was called "Mirror" which also suggests the same thing, more or less. This clue of the reversed constellations is going to get a whole lot more interesting when we get down to Roman times because it appears again.

I haven't gotten that far in the book, and maybe this is a dumb question, but are the constellations reversed horizontally or vertically?

JGeropoulas said:
I haven't gotten that far in the book, and maybe this is a dumb question, but are the constellations reversed horizontally or vertically?

Neither. You'll see.

I'm nearly done HOM and one thing stuck out when reading about Hericlitus and the Stoics is the description of 'divine fire' found on pg 336. This made me think of how Fulcanelli wrote about fire in relation to alchemy. I found an online PDF of Dwellings of the Philosophers and searched for 'fire' and found relating how divine fire is used in the quote in HOM as connected in some way to how Fulcanelli was using 'fire' and in Dwellings of the Philosophers an interesting exercise.

Back
Top Bottom