aaand, I found it. The soup with the BATS tickled my memory.... I KNEW I had read an article about this a while ago, but it was FIVE years ago...

Lab-Made Coronavirus Triggers Debate
The creation of a chimeric SARS-like virus has scientists discussing the risks of gain-of-function research.
Nov 16, 2015
JEF AKST

coronavirus%20thumb.png

MERS coronavirus
FLICKR, NIAID
Ralph Baric, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, last week (November 9) published a study on his team’s efforts to engineer a virus with the surface protein of the SHC014 coronavirus, found in horseshoe bats in China, and the backbone of to one that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice. The hybrid virus could infect human airway cells and caused disease in mice, according to the team’s results, which were published in Nature Medicine.

The results demonstrate the ability of the SHC014 surface protein to bind and infect human cells, validating concerns that this virus—or other coronaviruses found in bat species—may be capable of making the leap to people without first evolving in an intermediate host, Nature reported. They also reignite a debate about whether that information justifies the risk of such work, known as gain-of-function research. “If the [new] virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,” Simon Wain-Hobson, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, told Nature.

In October 2013, the US government put a stop to all federal funding for gain-of-function studies, with particular concern rising about influenza, SARS, and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). “NIH [National Institutes of Health] has funded such studies because they help define the fundamental nature of human-pathogen interactions, enable the assessment of the pandemic potential of emerging infectious agents, and inform public health and preparedness efforts,” NIH Director Francis Collins said in a statement at the time. “These studies, however, also entail biosafety and biosecurity risks, which need to be understood better.”

Baric’s study on the SHC014-chimeric coronavirus began before the moratorium was announced, and the NIH allowed it to proceed during a review process, which eventually led to the conclusion that the work did not fall under the new restrictions, Baric told Nature. But some researchers, like Wain-Hobson, disagree with that decision.

The debate comes down to how informative the results are. “The only impact of this work is the creation, in a lab, of a new, non-natural risk,” Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist and biodefence expert at Rutgers University, told Nature.

But Baric and others argued the study’s importance. “[The results] move this virus from a candidate emerging pathogen to a clear and present danger,” Peter Daszak, president of the EcoHealth Alliance, which samples viruses from animals and people in emerging-diseases hotspots across the globe, told Nature.

Chinese market at center of coronavirus outbreak sold wolves, rats to eat
By Lia Eustachewich
January 23, 2020 | 2:10pm | Updated

The Wuhan Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market in Wuhan, China

The Wuhan Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market in Wuhan, China.AP

The Chinese market at the center of the deadly coronavirus outbreak sold live animals — including wolf pups, foxes, rats and peacocks — to eat, according to a new report.

The wild animals were among 112 items that were peddled at the Huanan Seafood Market in the central city of Wuhan, Agence France-Press reported.

Other wildlife sold at the market, which has since been shuttered, included crocodiles, giant salamanders, snakes, porcupines and camel meat.

“Freshly slaughtered, frozen and delivered to your door,” said the price list for the vendor, “Wild Game Animal Husbandry for the Masses.”
The disturbing list circulated widely on China’s internet but could not be independently verified by AFP.
Chinese health officials believe the mysterious virus — which has so far killed at least 17 people and sickened hundreds more — originated from “wild animals at the seafood market.”
It has since been confirmed to spread via human-to-human contact, as fears mount that it could become a global pandemic.
The coronavirus, which causes flu-like symptoms, has spread to four other countries, including the US, where a case was detected in Washington state.
Previous deadly epidemics, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), have been linked to Chinese consumption of civet meat.
Exotic species like the cat-like civets, rats and bats are considered a delicacy in China and other Asian countries.

The Chinese market at the center of the deadly coronavirus outbreak sold live animals — including wolf pups, foxes, rats and peacocks — to eat, according to a new report.

The wild animals were among 112 items that were peddled at the Huanan Seafood Market in the central city of Wuhan, Agence France-Press reported.

Other wildlife sold at the market, which has since been shuttered, included crocodiles, giant salamanders, snakes, porcupines and camel meat.

“Freshly slaughtered, frozen and delivered to your door,” said the price list for the vendor, “Wild Game Animal Husbandry for the Masses.”

The disturbing list circulated widely on China’s internet but could not be independently verified by AFP.

Chinese health officials believe the mysterious virus — which has so far killed at least 17 people and sickened hundreds more — originated from “wild animals at the seafood market.”

It has since been confirmed to spread via human-to-human contact, as fears mount that it could become a global pandemic.

The coronavirus, which causes flu-like symptoms, has spread to four other countries, including the US, where a case was detected in Washington state.

Previous deadly epidemics, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), have been linked to Chinese consumption of civet meat.

Exotic species like the cat-like civets, rats and bats are considered a delicacy in China and other Asian countries.

It can be from the Cosmos, or bio, or because of the poor wolves, or the gentle bats, but don't forget when the H1N1 when WHO told us that millions of people will die from the pandemic. It can be a real one that will come, maybe we are due, but it is also important to remember that what they love is to scare people. There is a big economic tragedy that is at our doors, it is important to them to manipulated us by shock, no matter what. And once in a while the trick of the pandemic appears, like a convenient rabbit from a magician hat.

After checking out the research on Intelligent Design, I'm more inclined to think that a new viral strain engendering a dangerous epidemic because humanity's immune system has not encountered that strain before, is likely to have made a down fall from the stratosphere, courtesy of cometary input. A new strain could merge with an already existing one though.

Bioweapons might be designed, but they are not that creative. They still have to use what is already available. And more often than not, they just break things. Even HIV has not proved to live to its expectations according to "evolutionary" theory.

That reminds me of interesting session from 29 December 2018:

Q: (Joe) What caused the 50 cows to drop dead in coastal India around December 22nd? According to first reports, five cowmen of the village were looking after hundreds of grazing cows in the morning. All of a sudden, their behavior changed and about 50 unexpectedly and instantly dropped dead.

(Andromeda) All at the same time.

A: Virus.

Q: (Pierre) That quick?

(Joe) That's a pretty serious virus.

(Artemis) How long did they have the virus for?

A: 3 days.

Q: (Joe) Aggressive virus! All at the same time?

(L) If they all contracted it at the same time, that would make sense.

(Joe) 50 just fall over? Weird.

(L) Think about it. You’ve got a bunch of cows. They're all probably pretty close to genetically identical in a herd. They're using the same bull and probably the same two or three female cows to produce them. So, they're not gonna be that different genetically. If you think about viruses and probably something coming from outer space...

A: Yes

Q: (Joe) So it wasn't your common garden variety virus, then. There was something unusual about it?

(L) Yeah, and especially if you have something that is newly introduced to a biosphere and to which there is no immunity...

A: Yes, exactly!

Q: (Artemis) Is this only the beginning?

Q: (Artemis) Is this kind of thing gonna start hitting people?

A: Possibly. It should certainly make people take notice.

Q: (L) But it won't. They'll just blow it off. They won't think about the implications of it.

And another session from 13 February 2011:

Q: (Psyche) Yeah, and the tail... (Andromeda) Anything else on Elenin? (Perceval) We'll have to wait and see? (Psyche) Are we going to see a return of the Black Death?

A: Extremely likely.

Q: (Galaxia) In Europe first? Where's it gonna hit?

A: Wait and see.

Q: (Galaxia) Oh no! That's all I've got to say.

A: Those that have a certain genetic profile may suffer very little.

Q: (Andromeda) Is that any of us? (Galaxia) That doesn't sound like anybody is immune... like, "They'll suffer very little before they die!"

A: Smoking tobacco is a clue and an aid.

Q: (L) A clue to the genetic profile?

A: Yes.

Q: (Psyche) Oh, interesting. [everyone lights a cigarette and starts laughing] (Psyche) Everybody lights up! I feel like smoking! (laughter)

A: It is not just aliens that don't like to eat people that smoke! But from a certain perspective the viruses that cause such illnesses as the Black Death are "alien".

Q: (Belibaste) So it means that aliens like the Black Death virus because they don't like people that smoke? (L) What? (Psyche) No, you should read the article in the next issue of The Dot Connector magazine: "New Light on the Black Death: The Viral and Cosmic Connection". (L) If you look at it from a 4th density perspective, when something like the Black Death comes and there is global suffering - and when you read about it, the Black Death is just horrible - but if there was such suffering on our planet from something like that, 4D STS would be getting a rich feast of suffering which is what they feed on. So, an alien virus would be interactive with 4D reality by providing its food.

A: Close enough!

Q: (Andromeda) When will this start? (Atriedes) That's kind of a prediction... (laughter) (Galaxia) Soon, or long term?

A: 18 months to 2 years.

Q: (L) In other words, if Elenin or something else has something like that in its tail, and the earth goes through the tail, it can still take a year or so for it to precipitate onto the earth?

Q: (Galaxia) Will colloidal silver help us fight the plague?

A: Not alone, but very helpful.

Q: (Galaxia) Will our dietary changes help us fight it off?

A: Enormously!!! Especially fat consumption for cell protection.

I wonder if ʻOumuamua or 2I/Borisov were "delivery" for such viruses since they are interstellar objects? I guess they fit in this 18 months to 24 months "window" nicely for viruses to reach us.

Now there's a story that people eating raw bat offal in China could be part of the cause of this virus spreading. And there's also a claim by Chinese scientists that snakes could be behind it too. But there are pictures of people putting a dead, uncooked bat into a bowl of soup and eating the soup. I really don't understand how anyone could think to eat a raw bat...

Yup, hard to understand but true.

batsoup.jpg

Did patient zero really catch new Chinese virus by eating infected bat soup? It’s actually perfectly possible
Peter Andrews is an Irish science journalist and writer, based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in Genetics
A group of Chinese scientists today reported that the likely source of the deadly 2019‐nCoV virus is snakes, based on genetic analysis. However, grisly images from a Chinese restaurant suggest bats may also be on the menu.
Their findings were fast-tracked to publication yesterday in the Journal of Medical Virology, and report that infected people were exposed to various wildlife species at the market, where live poultry, seafood, bats and snakes among others, were present.
A detailed genetic analysis of 2019‐nCoV revealed that it is a new strain which seems to be a mixture of two other coronaviruses; one of which is from bats and another unknown strain. The group presented evidence that the last place the virus resided before hitting humans was a snake species, based on certain biological markers in the virus’s surface proteins. These proteins are what allow viruses to invade host cells, and the mutated form is allowing 2019‐nCoV to easily attack human cells.

I agree. I apologize for posting it. My edit time ran out before I could delete it. Sometimes a few words are better than a picture. I am sure that most Chinese people do not consider these dishes as delicacies. Maybe one of the mods could at least delete the picture.
Not that unusual at all,you'd be surprised what they consume for ''traditional medicine'' . Here's an article about a chinese dude that got caught smuggling 300 zebra penises. Kenya: Chinese tourist arrested with 300 zebra penises in his luggage
''exotic food'' is pretty big in china.

A map created by U.S. researchers is tracking in real-time a virus in China that has sickened hundreds of people and resulted in at least 17 deaths. Novel coronavirus, which is linked to an outbreak of pneumonia, has global public health officials concerned about its potential to spread around the world.

2020-01-24 11_41_47-Window.jpg

Now there's a story that people eating raw bat offal in China could be part of the cause of this virus spreading. And there's also a claim by Chinese scientists that snakes could be behind it too. But there are pictures of people putting a dead, uncooked bat into a bowl of soup and eating the soup. I really don't understand how anyone could think to eat a raw bat...
I think it is quite possible that this idea that it is due to Chinese people eating bats or snakes etc., is a way to put the blame on the Chinese themselves and sort of dehumanize them in the eyes of Westerners. It is a convenient way to distract from the possible cosmic connection and from genetic warfare.

The African Swine flu was also very convenient in making the "Deal of the century", having caused a massive culling of the hog herd, causing massive increase in food prices and having the potential to create civil unrest in China. Especially when seen with the timing of other attacks on China such as riots in Hong Kong and the Western headlines of Chinese concentration camps for Uighur muslims.

Back
Top Bottom