Dabrowski's "Personality-Shaping" back in print!

Pashalis said:
I just found a 6 hour video interview with Dabrowski. I haven't seen it posted on the forum yet, so I'll share it here:
[...]

Have not watched it yet, but will surely do so!

Thanks for bringing these up Pashalis.

I listened to them a while ago and found them very informative, about his work and the man himself. I think they're essentially a discussion with Dabrowski, the questions coming from some people (students/staff??) from a university (in Canada?). The questions at times were quite intellectual but Dabrowski's replies were easily understandable and he is fascinating throughout. I think he mentions that he considers all his clients as friends and, where possible, when working with them, he accompanies them in activities they would naturally like to do, like going to the cinema or dinner and so on, because this is the one of the best ways to get to know them, and that he maintains contact with them long after. I think in part 6 he begins to discuss more esoteric matters, which i found the most interesting.

All in all i think they are well worth the listen!

Dabrowski's Personality-Shaping Through Positive Disintegration is filled with great advice, and the following stood out for me. It can be applied when viewing our day-to-day reality, such as our workplace and relationships but also when viewing the craziness in the world at large. I would say it has a flavour of Stoic philosophy to it, as well as being a good example of how to work against internal considering.

Knowledge of others and the attitude of empathy involve limiting our demands on the reality around us, to an extent indicated by our diagnosis of the kind and level of this reality, arrived at with an uperturbed mind and emotions, when viewing reality's actual state, its kind, and possibilities of development.

Last edited:
5 Levels Of Personality Growth
This video summarizes the Theory of Positive Personality Disintegration by Kazimierz Dabrowski. The theory states that there 5 levels one passes through as their personality develops. How intensely a person experiences day to day emotions is one of the major indicators of how much potential their personality has grow.

Back
Top Bottom