Darwin's Black Box - Michael J. Behe and Intelligent Design

Also the living forms on our planet might be designed with switchable genes that allow them to "adapt" to changing environments. Like a car "adapts" by switching the lights on during night time.

I used adapt in quotes because this is not an adaptation in the darwinian sense of the term. There is not modification of the genome (addition, removal or modification of genes) but simply the activation/disactivation of existing genes leading to a change in phenotype, i.e. observable characteristics like the color of the fur.
Like an inherent capacity to morph into a more acceptable form of existence according to environment?:-)

Most interesting. My roommate and his friend attended an atheist event titled; 'Darwin Day' this last Saturday which they invited me to. Unfortunately (uh Hummmm! cough) I was unable to attend due to work. But you're right Charles Darwin was born Feb. 12th 1882 according to Wikipedia. The Universe has a sense of humor? Or maybe it's a balance thing.
Either way the date seems to have its energy reserved for those having capacity to influence existence in a very significant way.:-[

That made me think of why we can't perceive the physical aspect of 4D which is said to be equally physical and non-physical. After all, 2D critters can perceive and interact with our 3D material world, so why can't be interact with the 4D physical reality in the same way? One possibility is that we already do interact with the 4D material world, and it's actually the same as the 3D material world, but the missing component that would expand it to its full manifestation is the non-physical part. It could be similar to the way 2D animals are able to perceive and interact with SOME of our 3D reality, but not ALL.

What is missing for animals is their level of consciousness or awareness of the full manifestation of our 3D world. A doggie that was fully aware of 3D would be a doggie that could drive a car, shop for and cook his own dinner and do calculus, (not just run around the garden, bark at stuff and eat food - and give and get lovies of course!) He'd still be in the same world, but that world would be massively expanded in terms of his ability to interact with and manipulate it. Similarly, a human that was fully aware of 4D would still be in the 3D material world, but likewise, his/her ability to interact with and manipulate it would be expanded by a similar order of magnitude to a mathematician doggie who likes to cook and host fabulous dinner soirees that are the talk of the neighborhood.

I seem to remember intimations from sessions that the 'transition to 4D' will not be some kind of transportation to a radically new reality, but rather the expansion of this one in such a way that, from a practical point of view, it becomes very different indeed.

I really liked the analogy that @Neil (I think) brought up somewhere: imagine a squirrel in a forest, witnessing how once in a while, a bunch of workers shows up and cuts down parts of his surrounding, radically changing it. Now imagine our squirrel has esoteric ambitions and wants to find out what's going on and then influence all of that so for its own purposes.

Now, the squirrel might have some dim awareness of some patterns, like the typical time of the year the workers show up. But to predict what kind of trees they will cut, and where, they would need to understand the globalized timber business! Like: okay, prices for gas went up, so people are buying more firewood, so the prices go up for that as well, which means the forestry will cut more oak trees, because this makes good firewood and so on. Or: there's a new fashion for furniture made of birch tree, so the price went up for that, so the forestry increases its cutting of birch trees... Also, the squirrel needed to realize that the forest is really a plantation, and as such is designed!

So if our squirrel wanted to interact with this reality and influence it, it could hire a PR agency and put a bunch of hit-pieces in Marie Claire Maison about how fashionable furniture made of spruce are - so that prices go up for that, so that the squirrels' children might have more of their beloved birch trees... Or it could start speculating on the gas markets to influence demand of fire wood...

Silly, I know, but this might give us an indication about how vast the gulf between the densities really is. And it all depends on awareness. And intelligence of course. So some DNA changes in the squirrel would be needed to give it the brainpower. But these changes wouldn't magically "beam" it into a new reality; it would "just" open its eyes.

So some DNA changes in the squirrel would be needed to give it the brainpower. But these changes wouldn't magically "beam" it into a new reality; it would "just" open its eyes.
And what would prompt the DNA changes? We know it can't be a mechanical process. That can only degrade, devolve, damage, and randomize. So physical aspect of DNA needs to be informed by something that re-organizes it intelligently, which causes the physical brain to sort of follow suit. Like the C's mentioned that the soul marries to DNA, so if the soul evolves, DNA follows suit.

I know the C's have often said the Wave and its interaction with individuals depends on their consciousness level, but I always still kinda pictured it as some kind of mechanical process, like a chemical reaction that results in a new element if you prepare the right chemicals ahead of time. But maybe it is some sort of catalyst, maybe it's something that simply blasts open a barrier (realm border quantum wave collapse) that enables the soul to tweak the physical body/dna much more quickly and profoundly, sort of like giving it a really enhanced chisel for a minute, and it's really up to the soul/consciousness if it can and will do something with it when the opportunity presents itself.

So the consciousness of the squirrel needs to already have its eyes open before it can open the physical brain's eyes, and even then, it may need to wait for the right opportunity environmentally. I always wondered why we need the Wave to "evolve", why it wouldn't happen individually and at any "time" the individual is ready. It seems like there were a few exceptions that may have done just that, according to the C's. But generally - it seems like evolution happens in spurts - like a few hundred thousand years ago all of a sudden humans show up, and according to that recent article, possibly most of the species of plants and animals in general.

I do think that all this reading about intelligent design and "evolution", will lead to a better understanding of the Wave, which seems instrumental - at least when it comes to the major periodic spurts. It's just another one of those things that the C's said from the start, and it starts to make more sense only years and years down the road, and is probably more fascinating and relevant now than ever before.

The squirrel analogy was discussed in these two posts.
Another Hit for The C's? Big miscalculation reveals the "Man behind the curtain" and Another Hit for The C's? Big miscalculation reveals the "Man behind the curtain"
I seem to remember intimations from sessions that the 'transition to 4D' will not be some kind of transportation to a radically new reality, but rather the expansion of this one in such a way that, from a practical point of view, it becomes very different indeed.
I would tend to agree with this point of view, with a caveat or two. I will not go into detail explaining why consciousness is the most fundamental building block of reality because others in this thread have already done a sufficient job; I will just present it as a truism. 4D is considered to be a realm where thought creates reality somewhat directly. So something like a wizard could actually exist, instead of the people we have now who dress up and pretend. Consciousness that is concentrated enough folds physical reality similarly to how gravity seemingly folds space-time. On the macro level, a 4D planet would be a reflection of the entities who live there. It reminds me of a conversation I was having with Laura regarding the infrabed and neuroptimal. She was relating to how a long time ago she was exposed to new age ideas dealing with healing through light and sound, which at the time seemed very abstract and theoretical. The question was whether this was just a science that was left undiscovered, or if part of its appearance at this time was due the consciousness of the planet changing, bringing previously impossible and fanciful potentialities into actualization. I responded that it was like being caught between two realities with different rules that didn't quite mesh. In essence, it's like a consciousness battle that boils down to nihilism vs panpsychism using knowledge and belief systems as ordinance. In my understanding, if this group created a social memory complex and the planet moved into 4D STO, and the group desired a beautiful edenic planet, the dead coral and extinct species could reappear along with magenta and lavender trees, because the consciousness is heavy enough to structure the molecular and cellular machinery in a way that reflects its wishes, like an artist working a canvass. There could be localized domains within the larger group, maybe people with messy rooms and more disorganized consciousness would notice a tangled bramble forest encroaching on their house... Maybe ancient animist beliefs about spirits dwelling in a certain area and the landscape being kind of a reflection of their character were not so silly after all. While I had the feeling of the DBB stuff basically just proving what I already knew, it is interesting in the sense that it fills in some blanks of how consciousness can shape matter and integrate in a more or less scientific way. With some clues from the Cassiopaeans, we are getting closer to developing a science of consciousness where such esoteric possibilities can become scientifically formalized, but we're not there yet.
So the consciousness of the squirrel needs to already have its eyes open before it can open the physical brain's eyes, and even then, it may need to wait for the right opportunity environmentally. I always wondered why we need the Wave to "evolve", why it wouldn't happen individually and at any "time" the individual is ready. It seems like there were a few exceptions that may have done just that, according to the C's. But generally - it seems like evolution happens in spurts - like a few hundred thousand years ago all of a sudden humans show up, and according to that recent article, possibly most of the species of plants and animals in general.
Yes, this is my caveat to Joe's thought. We are told about the Lizzies wanting to jump in and take over, but they seem to be waiting on something. At first glance, this can seem rather puzzling if most of the laws governing life on Earth are developed by them. If they want to overtake us in 4D and linear time is not an issue for them, why don't they just modify their laws and allow the planet to achieve 4D so they can jump into the modified human bodies and regenerate their race like they intend to? There do seem to be external environmental conditions that need to be met. Like a normal school, it would seem that once you are placed into a particular grade, you are obliged to stay there until the end of the school year, even if you're gifted and have read ahead in the textbook and know most of the material before the teacher gets to it, (something I did on a couple of occasions) or unless you're really gifted. So the wave appears to be a procedure that was engineered (and here we're probably talking about a 6D level of engineering) to institute certain environmental changes so that the commencement ceremony can take place smoothly. So it seems the school board for Milky Way district schools decided on this 309,000 year cycle as the "school year" for its various planets, at which point you'd better be ready for finals...

I know the C's have often said the Wave and its interaction with individuals depends on their consciousness level, but I always still kinda pictured it as some kind of mechanical process, like a chemical reaction that results in a new element if you prepare the right chemicals ahead of time. But maybe it is some sort of catalyst, maybe it's something that simply blasts open a barrier (realm border quantum wave collapse) that enables the soul to tweak the physical body/dna much more quickly and profoundly, sort of like giving it a really enhanced chisel for a minute, and it's really up to the soul/consciousness if it can and will do something with it when the opportunity presents itself.

In everything the Cs have said, the 'wave' is inseparable from the idea of 'moving to 4D', and the major difference between 3D and 4D, we're told, is 'variable physicality'. So in theory, the difference between here and 'there' is the non-physical aspect of reality. As I mentioned in my last post, 'going to 4D' which is facilitated by the 'wave', may be 'nothing more' than an expanded perception of a deeper reality, with the difference being that this is not a personal and temporary expanded perception (as many people have reported experiencing) but rather a global shift in perception for many and which becomes the 'new reality'.

A short video that I think relates to this topic (hopefully for obvious reasons "scientists wondering why trees act in such an altruistic way").

It's not really much of a wonder, since mutual cooperation is extremely adaptive, whether you believe that variation comes from random mutation or is engineered. :halo:

Cooperation is a concept that psychopath materialists are unable to understand.

I think it's kind of idiotic to characterized people who study evolution under the neodarwin model as psychopaths. I mean, you have these scientists who are studying the altruistic behavior of trees. Does the fact that many of them think that those tree variations are caused by random mutations really mean that the scientists doing the studying lack a conscience?

I think it's kind of idiotic to characterized people who study evolution under the neodarwin model as psychopaths. I mean, you have these scientists who are studying the altruistic behavior of trees. Does the fact that many of them think that those tree variations are caused by random mutations really mean that the scientists doing the studying lack a conscience?
It's another slant on the saying that the predator gave them their minds. Once they are trapped thinking with the mind of the predator, a lot of stuff is not going to make any sense.

It's not really much of a wonder, since mutual cooperation is extremely adaptive, whether you believe that variation comes from random mutation or is engineered. :halo:

No, these wild Darwinian stories about "cooperation having evolved because it was an advantage for the species" don't really cut it. If you are a selfish liar, you always "win" against an altruist. If you are an altruistic tree committing suicide "for the benefit of your species", you simply disappear from the gene pool, including your altruism. There is no way altruism could have "evolved" in the Darwinian framework. That's also why Darwinians so desperately try to paint altruism as hypocrisy: "no, it's not really unselfish, it's just selfish in a different way!" So I think hlat is right, there is a psychopathic spirit behind this sort of thinking, a complete inability to conceive of something that is a common experience for normal people: that living things, not only but especially humans, can and do act unselfishly - no strings attached, just because it's morally right, because it is part of an objective, natural law of the spiritual world that they can sense. As opposed to psychopaths of course, who cannot.

Or think about it this way: if you really believe, as Darwinists do and promote, that your own altruistic impulses are just a residue of some thing that helped your species survive - why on earth should you follow that impulse? Living proof for the psychopathic flavor of this thinking is how today's people do behave; look around.

Whitecoast, I recommend reading Stove's book - I always thought along those Darwinian lines myself, but Stove cured me from it!

So in this scenario it's botanists who have trouble understanding why trees have evolved the traits they have? What makes you think that, and what are you basing that on?

Back
Top Bottom