Dear Laura, whats going on?

First of all a belated get well soon wish to Laura. I know that an abscess is a very painful ordeal after having 3 root canals myself. Hope the recovery in progressing well.

As for Menna, I became curious about his moniker after the tohuwabohu meaning was referenced.

Menna means according to one definition:

The Ancient Egyptian artisan Menna was "Scribe of the Fields of the Lord of the Two Lands", probably during the reign of Thutmose IV during the 18th dynasty. He was buried in a well decorated tomb, TT69, located in the Sheikh Abd el-Qurna district of the Maadi, opposite Luxor in Egypt.

It may be relevant or not. But it is like Menna is living between two worlds which was mentioned in this session.

Q: (L) So expanding awareness is like walking between two worlds, being aware of alternate realities or something?

A: Yes

It is almost like the splitting realities that Ark mentioned. I never thought about "splitting realities" being similar to schizophrenia before but I see some correlation there.
Maybe if our awareness does not expand with the reality the split is not a very good thing. I am not sure.

And I am not making a diagnosis yet either but when we only have very limited data we still try to "do the best we can" to connect the dots as DougEE did here:

DougEE said:
Menna said:
What is the symbolism behind the manifesting of the teeth pain? Laura you have helped so many including me take mental time off from what you are usually thinking about

I am guessing that the bolded "you are" ( as refering to the generalized 'you') should be "I am".

Only Menna has the answers but I am not sure he can find them or will share any more information.

Yozilla said:
I was rereading those Menna's sentences few times too...maybe some punctuations would help ?

Laura you have helped so many - including me - take mental time off from what you are usually thinking about

Menna is your PC keyboard functioning properly?

Some good possibilities to explain bizarre posts. But better yet would be for Menna to write enough in a coherent fashion to explain himself. Otherwise, what are we to think?

So sorry to hear about your tooth pain Laura and I'm glad you had a couple of people by your side during the ordeal.

Yozilla said:
I was rereading those Menna's sentences few times too...maybe some punctuations would help ?

Laura you have helped so many - including me - take mental time off from what you are usually thinking about

Menna is your PC keyboard functioning properly?

I don't think it's his keyboard. His writing style can be a little difficult to understand at times. I think what he's trying to say is that since there hasn't been any sessions for a while he's been able to have time off not to think about deeper subjects.

This fits with some of the things he wrote in the dreams thread about his decision to focus more on social gain rather than esoteric teaching.

Menna said:
Thats the thing I am not keeping anything away compared to the pains I had realized and dealt with and advanced past I do not have any pains as serious as those past pains and out of respect for lessons and the emotions I choose to walk down a different path at this point in time in order to experience more of a society success rather than an esoteric success as I am not balanced in the two I believe based on expeirence and observation that I am more advanced from an esoteric stand point then from a society career stand point and im sure once i reach my goal i will develop a new perspective/learn a new lesson and this is what I want.

If I can i choose not to have advanced lessons in my life right now out of respect for the lessons emotions and my body and my goals what I want to achieve and experience. I don't want to change anything or feel more secure about anything its more of a perspective or experience that I want. For example I am still on the forum reading and learning reading books about the topics here however more of my time is spent in society and reaching society goal.

Menna said:
I love learning however an ADVANCED lesson I am afraid I will not handle well as I have not reacted favorably to them in past emotionally mentally so I choose at this time if I can not to enter into them as I want to experience advancement in my goal and personally I don't think I can efficiently have both I.e properly handling of advanced lesson and integration into life and advancement in goal. If I am left alone I feel goal advancement will be more efficient I am saying this based off my life's past history.

I'm sure we're all here to help him through those lessons that he's afraid of but either he just needs time to sort out whatever he's going through or he's decided to focus more on his life goals at this point in time. That's my feeling on it anyway.

DougEE said:
Menna said:
What is the symbolism behind the manifesting of the teeth pain? Laura you have helped so many including me take mental time off from what you are usually thinking about

I am guessing that the bolded "you are" ( as refering to the generalized 'you') should be "I am".

It could also be that he is simply saying, "you've helped so many - please take some time off from what you've usually been working on." That's the gist I got from the first read, but I can understand the choppiness of it seems to allow for several interpretations.

whitecoast said:
DougEE said:
Menna said:

It could also be that he is simply saying, "you've helped so many - please take some time off from what you've usually been working on." That's the gist I got from the first read, but I can understand the choppiness of it seems to allow for several interpretations.

That's how I interpreted it as well. As far as Menna's lack of response (this time), he hasn't logged in since he last posted. We should probably take the lesson from the last go around and not engage the imagination too much. At least now we know he's aware of the thread, and he may have some catching up to do.

I agree with Renaissance here and that we should remember the lesson that happened some weeks back where we also jumped into it without having any input and drew conclusions. With that I think we need to reign our horses a bit and give Menna also a chance.

Also, Menna, if you are reading the replies to your posts, it would help avoid misunderstandings if you put a period at the end of each sentence, not just at the end of each paragraph. And capitalize the first letter of each sentence.

Renaissance said:
whitecoast said:
DougEE said:
Menna said:

That's how I interpreted it as well. As far as Menna's lack of response (this time), he hasn't logged in since he last posted. We should probably take the lesson from the last go around and not engage the imagination too much. At least now we know he's aware of the thread, and he may have some catching up to do.

I agree with that. Given his last response it seems like Menna hasn't even read the posts following his cryptic one-liner that stirred up so much in this thread - at least that's a reasonable possiblity to take into account. As for the reasons behind his behaviour, at this point and without any explanation from Menna himself, everything will just be speculations and waste of energy. So, I think it's best to let it rest for now and wait for his reply - if he's going to reply at all.

Laura, I'm sorry to hear what you've been through with this new ordeal and I wish you a speedy and as gentle as possible recovery! :flowers:

Aiming said:
Renaissance said:
whitecoast said:
DougEE said:
Menna said:

I agree with that. Given his last response it seems like Menna hasn't even read the posts following his cryptic one-liner that stirred up so much in this thread - at least that's a reasonable possiblity to take into account. As for the reasons behind his behaviour, at this point and without any explanation from Menna himself, everything will just be speculations and waste of energy. So, I think it's best to let it rest for now and wait for his reply - if he's going to reply at all.

Laura, I'm sorry to hear what you've been through with this new ordeal and I wish you a speedy and as gentle as possible recovery! :flowers:

I agree as well. There have been many times that due to the nature of having many opinions posted like rapid fire we tend to jump to conclusions that aren't fully thought through or are missing some pieces of information. Especially since we are all learning about our inner psychology and are anxious to have input so as to contribute to this spectacular school/forum. This is were proper consideration with our posts helps loads to ensure that we don't let out imaginations run amok, the book "crucial conversations" is a must read to get a better idea about conversations dynamics.

And hopefully you have a speedy recovery Laura!

Going on about what is up with Menna and his posts does little to ease the situation we find ourselves in. We need to concentrate more on our own shortcomings rather than someone else's.

At the 65th year of living in this cycle, it seems that too much rest causes a person to seize up.

Good courage to all!

Just caught up with this thread - Dear Laura, warm thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery :hug:

WIN 52 said:
Going on about what is up with Menna and his posts does little to ease the situation we find ourselves in. We need to concentrate more on our own shortcomings rather than someone else's.

At the 65th year of living in this cycle, it seems that too much rest causes a person to seize up.

Good courage to all!

I think you are right WIN 52. We all have plenty to work on concerning ourselves. I've been thinking about what you said about "fat" at different times and I am working on it.

Good courage to you as well! :)

Nothing can be done to help Menna until he decides to address the subject. I hope he's okay.

But more importantly, I just caught up with the thread to learn that a hardy "Get well soon Laura!" is in order. Dental surgery into the bone - very painful and unpleasant, and I'm sorry to hear you had to go through it. Hopefully, you are already past the worst of it.

So again... get well soon!

Ruth said:
Did you learn anything instructive, that you wished to share, when you 'felt the heat' on your mental attitudes? It's quite interesting that it was only a transient problem. Perhaps not that important, all in all?
Well, it's kind of a long sidebar to the main discussion here... So, sometimes I sit on my bed and these ideas come into my head which generate some sort of "internal controversy," and one part of my consciousness takes one side of the argument, and another part takes the other side, and they debate each other trying to find the most appropriate resolution to whatever the original issue was. Without going into too much detail about it, it had to do with how much one's "heart" should be considered when analyzing information and assessing people or events who effect one's reality. It was also triggered by what could ostensibly be considered an "abduction dream," which was roughly contemporaneous with Menna's dream. Shortly afterward, I had another dream where certain members of this forum had "estates" on an island in some form of alternate reality which could only be reached by projecting one's consciousness through some type of dimensional barrier. The most memorable parts of the second dream was a Cassiopaean transcript I found on a table and read a page or two of, and the fact that all of the money had reiki-like symbols on it instead of leaders and national monuments. I decided not to talk about it because the "esoterica quotient" of it all was just a little bit too much.

So the internal controversy was basically over whether these dreams reflected an expanded subconscious awareness that was coming into contact with some sort of information field which could be decoded to provide a richer and fuller understanding of what's going on in my reality, or whether I was freakin' nuts. As some background to the debate, I had in the past used my dreams for inspirations for forum posts after I had brought them down to Earth a bit, and then there was the consideration of why the Cassiopaeans thought that I needed 3 dream stones. The thought had occurred to me immediately upon seeing them the first time, but I didn't quite accept it because it was "unscientific." The intellectual, analytical, reductionist approach of using a scientific/engineering process to evaluate everything and putting all of the psychic stuff off to the side and more or less ignoring it until it could be proven with those methods seemed much "safer."

Based on some psychological texts I had read, I thought the scientific method seemed to be a masculine problem solving technique while the "psychic," or at least intuitive, seemed to be a feminine one. So part of my consciousness took up the argument that the feminine side was too "messy" and prone to hysteria and should only be used in rare circumstances. My heart chakra said no. After I floated this idea to myself, there was a sudden strange heat in my chest followed by a sort of uncomfortable constriction. So over the past 3 months, I went through several iterations of this activity applied to different situations such as: When observing a new person you should only take into account what you can physically research about their behavior and mannerisms and leave the subtleties up to logical analysis. Again, "no." I then applied the situation to romantic relationships, which may seem like a no brainer to some people, but I was having a serious debate with myself over this stuff. The results were the same. On the other side, my intellectual self had a serious problem with relying too much on intuition to accomplish things. So a new idea was floated: I guess its 50/50, yin yang. No heat or constriction this time. So the question became how to integrate these more ethereal impressions which are picked up much better by the heart chakra and combine them with what can be understood by the lower intellectual center in a way that is still objectively valid. My answer was that they had to be tested in such a way as to make accurate predictions about things that I observed or got involved in.

In retrospect, I thought that Menna's dream had a similar "flavor" to my internal controversy even though it wasn't exactly the same thing. By the time I made the connection, the discussion had lapsed and the thread had gotten kind of stale, and since I wasn't sure my commentary was relevant anyway, I just shelved it. Based on the sensations I felt, if I had gone hardcore into telling myself that the "feminine inputs" were invalid, I think I would have had some sort of meltdown and perhaps ended up in a rough patch. It was my supposition that this "balancing of the chakras" was related to what the Cassiopaeans said about "the quickening of the cosmos" and that if you don't work on it you get "left behind." I casually tossed it out as a possibility to explain what was going on with Menna, but did not intend to get into a detailed discussion of how I got there.

Back
Top Bottom