Defense against the psychopath

I'm going to start using this video as an "introduction to psychopathy", when someone seems open to it and/or has asked. I have already sent it to one person I've known for a while, who asked me what I'd been learning lately.

It makes me curious about the man's book; has anyone here read it? Is it worth buying eventually?

Like the juxtaposition of the photos with the text of "Defense Against the Psychopath". I recognize some of the people in the photos but do not recognize all of them. Some of them I know their stories and others not. I like to research these people to see if I agree with the use of their photo in relation to the text. Is there a way to get a list of the photos referenced in the video? This would be a tremeandous help in further understanding the concepts employed. Thanks, Lie Catcher.

Hi lie catcher,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

This video is very good. I read Dr Hare book entitled "Without Conscience", but this video summarize psychopathy issue. It is good to someone who never heard about the universality of this disorder. It will, I believe encourage to deeper reseach by own.

I will share with link to this video with all my friends.

Gawan said:
I also find his way interesting, that he discovered things through studying history and could connect the dots from there to current events.

I think the fact that he's a Martial Artist had at least something to do with it. A lifetime of breathing exercises and watching your diet helps a ton!

Gawan said:
Enaid said:
I had an idea recently. I also think this video to be really good and it certainly should be spread far and wide. So I thought whether we could not ask the creator of it whether he could not send us the transcript of the video's spoken text, so the translation group can make it available in many other languages and reach even those who don't speak English. What do you all think about this?

I had a similar thought in my mind recently, it would be a huger project then.

Yes, it would be pretty huge. Currently, I personally have no time for this, but it's on the list!

Stefan Verstappen was interviewed yesterday on the Corbett Report about Psychopathy and society.

Defense Against the Psychopath - Stefan Verstappen on GRTV:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x9-X85tlHvM

Pashalis said:
Stefan Verstappen was interviewed yesterday on the Corbett Report about Psychopathy and society.

Defense Against the Psychopath - Stefan Verstappen on GRTV:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x9-X85tlHvM

Thanks for the link!

Just saw his video as well and it was very good!

I'll surely recommend it to whomever might want to learn about psychopathy.

Yeah this is an awesome video. I shared it with a few people. One of them unfortunately wasn't really impressed because it lacked references and he used an "authoritarian" tone of voice. :/

Thanks to everybody for movies and links!!!

Few days ago I watch for first time movie about psychopaths and puzzles in my head start to connect. This winter and spring I had experience where I learn real meaning of word psychopath. Unfortunately, this psychopath was/still is my cousin. She made very big moral, health and financial damage to my family.
She was knitting her psycho-web for one year around us, after we have realizes what is she, damage was done.

Now we are on high court and we are trying to refund stolen. Two weeks ago we find out that she did the same thing to her sister and to other people. What is the best she is doctor in one hospital, where she is finding injured people and suck from them trust and many...horror!!!

Now my wife and me feel like idiots because we were so blind, but now we are aware what is psychopat and what lot of them together can achieve. They are bomb to humanity and for our lovely planet!

Thanks to everybody for these topic. Please do not stop with writing new information's about psychopaths because people must be aware of them and quantity of damage what they can achieve.

Back
Top Bottom