Dental Health

How much DMSO do you use in how much distilled water?
Oops. A capful/tspn in about a 1/2 cup of distilled water. (Sorry, missed the second inquiry).

In the movie Peggy Sue Got Married, 1986, a silly film which I enjoyed, the heroine travelled through time and talked with her grandfather at one point. She asked him, "What would you do differently knowing what you know now?" He said, "I'd take better care of my teeth." That resonated with me, and I've followed his advice to the best of my ability!

Oops. A capful/tspn in about a 1/2 cup of distilled water. (Sorry, missed the second inquiry).

In the movie Peggy Sue Got Married, 1986, a silly film which I enjoyed, the heroine travelled through time and talked with her grandfather at one point. She asked him, "What would you do differently knowing what you know now?" He said, "I'd take better care of my teeth." That resonated with me, and I've followed his advice to the best of my ability!

I was wondering if adding Magnesium Chloride and Vitamin C in powder form to diluted DMSO would be a good thing?.. these supplements are both very important to dental health, and DMSO helps deliver it where it's needed

I was wondering if adding Magnesium Chloride and Vitamin C in powder form to diluted DMSO would be a good thing?.. these supplements are both very important to dental health, and DMSO helps deliver it where it's needed
That's an interesting idea! I've never used DMSO to drive things in, although I've read about it. Apparently they use it on horses for that purpose. Since I haven't used myself as a trial participant in doing it, I can't vouch for it. But I may try it and see what happens.

That's an interesting idea! I've never used DMSO to drive things in, although I've read about it. Apparently they use it on horses for that purpose. Since I haven't used myself as a trial participant in doing it, I can't vouch for it. But I may try it and see what happens.
I was thinking about trying it too but i have a scheduled jaw bone transplantation (as a result of jaw bone fracturing years ago) in a week time so.. maybe i'll try after I finish with the whole process. I would love to hear feedback.

I'm quite tense and in fear so if anyone has any wisdom to share with me or which supplements help me prepare or whatever... I would appreciate it. :-)

I had a follow up visit with my wife's dentist, who referred me to a orthodontist. Apparently I don't have an over bite, so my jaw and teeth can move around when chewing, which is not a good thing as misalignment can cause a lot of problems. My wife's dentist didn't find a cracked tooth and didn't mention anything about grinding.

I can chew meat and many other foods on my left side again without pain. I don't know how or why I have mostly recovered, just like I don't know why the issue arose a couple months ago. I have been rinsing my mouth with Lugol's iodine and separately PerioBrite.

@Leona and @Magnolia There is a big thread on DMSO in case you've missed it. Great information about how to mix it and how to use as a carrier. It works great.

I've used 1 part dmso, 1 part distilled water with antiobiotic powder mixed in for an infection in the gum around a tooth. It healed the gum and saved the tooth. This amongst many other uses.

@Leona I hope your jaw surgery went well and you are on the mend. All the best.

I hadn't had x-rays in 5 years. I went to the dentist a few weeks ago. The digital ones are very low in radiation. You can look them up to see the microsieverts (I think) that you're exposed to. What I do is I take some astaxanthin before and a few days after. Also a few grams of vitamin C and chlorella tablets right while getting to the dentist. They say you should take astaxanthin weeks before an airplane flight so it raises your antioxidant levels, so it may be necessary to do for more than a few days prior. FWIW.
Does anyone have a source for astaxanthin that's not from Hawaii or the Pacific? The one I have is from Iceland or Sweden but it's expired and seems unavailable. I have a dentist appointment soon so it might be too late to order one, but I am curious about my jaw because I have TMJ issues.

I want to share some things with which I have had good experience with regard to plaque, tartar and teeth stains.
Particularly heavy teeth stains from smoking and tartar can be easily removed with an ultrasonic instrument, which can be purchased for 40 euros.

Actually, one goes to the dentist in order to carry out a professional teeth cleaning twice a year for about 100 - 200 euros (costs always depend on the effort and dental practice). At least we pay this in southern Germany, since we are insured over statutory health insurance and have not taken out any additional insurance that covers these costs.

We ordered an ultrasonic tooth cleaning set for just under 40 euros from Amazon. The teeth stains and tartar can be removed really well with it. Due to the two different attachments (a pointed attachment for the gaps and a slightly wider attachment for the surfaces), you can easily get to all areas.

At first I thought the device was defective when I turned it on. But really, the vibration is only triggered when you step on hard substance like the tooth. As soon as you come to the gums, for example, nothing happens. It is important not to press too hard and rather like holding a brush or pen and wanting to paint something small loosely and lightly, work on the appropriate areas with a steady hand.

Since we do not know what effects ultrasonic tooth cleaning has on the teeth when used regularly, we also see it as doing this form of treatment twice a year. So please do not use the ultrasonic tooth cleaning set as a toothbrush replacement. In any case, we can remove dental plaque and tartar ourselves for a one-off fee of EUR 40 instead of EUR 200 – 400 per person per year.

We clean the attachments before and after use with high-proof alcohol. The device itself can be charged via USB. That's about all of the maintenance.

Otherwise, next to the daily brushing, the use of interdental brushes and dental silk as well as miswak, I personally find one thing very good: to rinse your mouth with coconut oil in the morning and evening. For many years I have been able to get an inflammation in the lower jaw under control, which had developed due to incorrect treatment of a dead molar, to such an extent that the inflammation is now acceptable and occurs more situationally (e.g. when I am emotionally not in a good mood, my immune system is somewhat weak). When I get up in the morning, I first put a heaping teaspoon of coconut oil in my mouth and draw the oil through my mouth. Sort of like wanting to make chirping noises or imitating an exaggerated air kiss. Of course without me making any audible noises. I do that for 10 minutes. Since I can do a lot in 10 minutes, I don't just sit there, I do e.g. simple relaxation and stretching exercises that are not strenuous, since I can only breathe through my nose during this time, get dressed or read etc.

Best regards.

Does anyone have a source for astaxanthin that's not from Hawaii or the Pacific? The one I have is from Iceland or Sweden but it's expired and seems unavailable. I have a dentist appointment soon so it might be too late to order one, but I am curious about my jaw because I have TMJ issues.
I ended up going with this one:

But the ingredients listed are not what the box says. It actually has non-GMO modified cornstarch, carageenan, and sorbitol. I think I might just use the opened Viva Naturals one I have. The expiration date is only October 2021 so I doubt the olive oil in it has gone really rancid.

I brought from Health-Ranger some months ago, but it’s come from Hawaii. And they have other kind that I don’t know it’s origin.

One of nature's most powerful antioxidants, astaxanthin provides numerous health benefits, such as supporting the healthy functions of your heart, brain, skin, joints, eyes and immune system. This potent antioxidant can also support optimal energy levels, as well as overall strength, stamina and endurance. In fact, astaxanthin is:

6,000x stronger in antioxidant power than vitamin C
800x better at singlet oxygen quenching than CoQ10
550x stronger than green tea catechins and vitamin E
54x more effective at free radical scavenging than beta-carotene
The Health Ranger Store understands how difficult it can be to acquire ultra-clean, lab-verified astaxanthin from a reliable source. That's why we've gone above and beyond to bring you a new, ultra-clean lot of lab-verified astaxanthin supplements sourced from the pristine waters of Hawaii.

Health Ranger's Hawaiian Astaxanthin has one of the highest potency levels of astaxanthin per gel cap available on the market today. It is derived from microalgae that has been carefully grown in Hawaiian freshwater, one of the last places on earth with a pristine environment. Our Health Ranger's Hawaiian Astaxanthin gel caps contain no gluten, GMOs or BSE and have been thoroughly lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals and microbiology. They are also Natural Algae Astaxanthin (NAXA)-Verified, vegan, non-China and non-irradiated.

She took some photos of tooth 19, the second to last in the back, to show me a crack in the filling on the chewing surface. 2 years ago she replaced a filling and cavity in tooth 18, the one next to it. She also told me she saw a crack on the side of tooth 19, but she said she couldn't get a good photo of it to show me. She also said I grind my teeth and have cracks in my teeth from grinding. She recommended installing a crown made of zirconia on tooth 19
The pain in the lower left side returned 2 weeks ago, when I was chewing a hamburger patty. Pretty frustrating and mysterious.
I saw my dentist again, and this time she proposed drilling out the cracked filling and putting in a new filling to cover the crack on the side of the tooth too. It sounds like a better option to me than the crown that I refused, so I'm scheduled for a replacement filling.

For the pain, I'm going to have to try swishing with DMSO in distilled water in addition to Lugol's and Periobrite.

Back
Top Bottom