Describe your usual day

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Even though we often discuss pretty personal matters here of the forum, the picture of the "every day" man/woman behind the forum nick and avatar often stays unfamiliar. There's a lot of other sides and events in our lives than those that belong to the "esoteric warrior/researcher", I guess. :)

Many of us may want to stay quite incognito, but some of you might be willing to let others know you more in person. So I thought it would be fun to hear descriptions of that "usual day" of yours and how SOTT,Cass forum and other research and reading fits into your day. Of course our days vary a lot, but a "rough" description of an typical day would be fun to read. At the same time this is an opportunity for me to let you guys get to know my "every day", ordinary me.
---

My usual day starts at ca 6.30-7.00 AM, depending on when our son (1year4months soon) wakes up. Then me or my wife take our son to the bathroom while the other starts to make coffee (I know, super bad!). Then breakfast. I make two "smoothies" of various berries and vitamins+minerals to me and my wife. Then she's usually off to work and me and our son go out to the playground where we stay ca 1hour depending on how he likes it there and how the weather is. Then we come back inside to maybe read something and then I make lunch for him.

Round 11.30-12.00 I put him in his stroller and outside to sleep. If I'm lucky he sleeps ca 2hours. This is my time of the day I can read the Cass forum or other things undisturbed. Most of the time I'm wise enough to do the housekeeping BEFORE I start reading or posting, but sometimes I'm not that smart. So anyway, let's say that on the usual day I do one hour of housekeeping and then do one hour of "own stuff". I try to keep in mind all the time: "He can wake anytime, so I'll probably don't get finished whatever I planned of doing." Because if I anticipate and assume that I get something particular done before he wakes, I'll probably get a bit stressed. This I've learned...

Then after he wakes around 14.00 (2.00 PM) he will have a quick snack (mostly yogurt) and then we play and do various stuff inside. Around 16.30 my wife comes home and then we eat dinner at 17.00 (which I hopefully have prepared during the day). Then my wife plays or reads with our son and I prepare for work that I may have in the evening. On Tuesdays I teach music for kids at the local music institute. I have groups varying from the age of 1 to 5, and it's usual musical "kindergarten" stuff. It's a lot of fun to do; I often feel tired before I go there but the kids will cheer me up.

Some evenings I drive to the Helsinki opera (we live 40km outside) to sing in the opera choir doing performances of various operas. Some evenings I have private singing students at our home and if I'm lucky I might have a solo performance of some sort, somewhere. Some evenings I don't have work, which is nice. On those evenings, after our son has gone to bed at ca 20.00 we can have some time just the two of us. Lately we have taken turns in the "therapy sofa" as we call it. The one with a "problem" or sadness lies on the sofa with legs in the others lap and "describes" the problem/feeling that distresses. Then we together try to "solve" the problem, often with wisdom coming through/from this forum I might add!. Some evenings we read our own books and on rare occasions we watch something on the laptop. Oh, and some evenings me or my wife uses the FIR sauna of course :)

Then off to bed at ca 22.00 and almost every evening either me or my wife use the mp3-player to do the EE-program. Some evenings we even do parts of it simultaneously, sharing the earplugs. Then we sleep, better or worse, ready for the "next round".

So, this is what my usual day looks like. It would be fun to hear from others! :)

Edit: Got it, it's called stroller!

Hi Aragorn!
My day starts at approx. 7am, get up make tea( off coffee), make lunch for my husband , MC and we talk and read the Forum.
If I'm not going to work I like to do some research and read the sott page and the Forum.
Meanwhile do the housework, shopping and listen a lot of music.
Practice singing, study for my next concert or audition.
Afternoon make dinner and finish up around the house.
:)

My average day starts about 7am. Then I get the breakfast ready ( usually coffe and a piece of toast and some fruit)
I do not need to leave home to work because we run a litle wholesale company, which we manage from our own house.
That meas I share the housekeeping with the office tasks.

Then about 2 in the afternoon I get lunch ready,for the family and the pets,( I also feed several homeless cats in the
outskirts of my house).

In the afternoon I spent at least 1 hour reading topics in the forum and some pages of one of the recommended books
I switch over this to the clerical tasks. About 7 in the evening, I practice 1 hour of yoga or pilates besides the E-Breathing

Finally, after having a shower, I engage in preparing the dinner ( we have dinner an a later hour than the rest of the world,I think).

In summer time, I also take time for growing vegetables such as: tomatoes,onnioun,garlic,green peppers,aubergine,
green beens etc.

Aragorn said:
Then after he wakes around 14.00 (2.00 PM) he will have a quick snack (mostly yogurt)

Hi Aragorn, I dont want to "hijack" this useful thread, but your comment above about giving yogurt to your son made me want to suggest that you look into the possible negative effects of dairy on your baby son (and you and other members of your family if you take it). Dairy, in a word, is "evil" for just about everybody. It is suspected as a causative factor in anything from eczema to Lupus.

Oh seems like I am late :). My day starts in 8. I am working from home when I am not travelling ( I am traveling twice or 3 times in month to countries in region for business ) so it is relaxing , most of the time have time to make several brakes during the day to visit forum or some web sites since I am using internet for job anyway.I have some meetings 3 or 4 times per week, but since I am living in big city Iusualy avoid to drive during the traffic jam.
I am free in 17.00 when my partner is coming back from work . then Exercising or walking and then spending time with partner and friends. Visiting my mother and provide her if she needs something . Then from 8.00 my partner and me reading untill we fall asleep in 23.00 or later . During weekends we usualy leave city and visit some villages or small cities we havent been before. In summer we spend much more time outside of the city, in mountains.
Sometimes , we start reading in late afternoon, but then, we fall asleep much earlier. If there is something interesting in cinemas we go late afternoon.
Since we start reading and following the work our "social" life is not the same. We dont go "out" much.There are only 3 or 4 friends which we see frequently now , and those people are also familiar with the subject we are interested in, reading the same books , and we can discuss with them about different subject or recommend books to eachother , with them we have good laugh also and we helping eachother also in our jobsif we can or private issues.

Thanks for starting this thread
it made me see how my life has changed since starting EE
and it makes me question what programs I m running

a bit of background info
back when the pipe breath was first introduced I got a call from an old mate/flame I have known for 25 years ,his lease had run out and he needed to move out of his flat by the weekend.I had offered him some weeks before that he could move in with me and my sons.
without anticipation...since he lived and worked in the city and up here is way out in the country...but he took up my offer and lives with us now :) :) :)

so these days my day starts at about 6am when he brings me a cup of green tea in bed!!
he has been up for an hour already(too many years of starting work early)
if its a monday or thursday i get my mp3 player and stay in bed for the EE or on "ordinary" days I say the POTS in my head a few times,
around 7am I wake my 11 year old ,cook him some gluten free breakfast like bacon and eggs ,and try to assemble a gluten free school lunch for him(atm its tuna tins,popcorn,corn chips(plain/original no msg)and some fruit) and make up little bowls with everybody's daily supplements as by then the 2 other sons are up and about too
then its feed the chickens and check for eggs and down to the garden to walk the garden path(see gardening sub forum...I don t know how to do the link thingy) for a spot of weeding and pick some fresh food for the rabbits

after that everyday is different from the next all depending on the weather and the projects on our list ,when its sunny, the middle son and I ,go blueberry picking on a farm 30min from here
I try and switch on the pc at some stage to have a read of SOTT and the forum on most days

Thanks for starting this thread, I will make a video response for this one!!
Time to start up the camcorder... :cool2:

My day starts around 5.45. I get up and get myself ready before waking up the 2out of 3 kids. Making breakfast for all 5 of us, and packing up lunch. My husband takes the little one.

Driving to daycare around 7:10. Work varies from 8-15 to 8-18.
Afternoons are spend with the children,their homework, housekeeping, dinnermaking, groseryshopping.
Evenings are spend either working out / with friends/ passed out on the sofa.
Weekends we try to do stuff for the children, and occasionally we go out, alone !

Daily routine with he children eats up 70% of my time, that leaves very little time where I'm actually awake ;)

My day usually starts around 10-12, depending on what time I fall asleep the night before. At which point there's breakfast, and I start applying for jobs online (sometimes I'll pick a random day to just go out and apply in person). During the late afternoons until early evening, I usually either watch documentaries that I record on the PVR (I love National Geographic and Discovery Channel) as well as a little bit of reading and/or updating myself on any important threads on the forum, or watch some anime.

On intermittent days, I'll manage to fit in working out, or do some type of cardio exercise for a bit. Once every few days, I'll pick an area in the house to clean, such as my bathroom, bedroom, etc. Once the evening comes around and I finish eating dinner, that's when I'll maybe pick up my guitar or bass and do some playing, unless I have a jam session or a show on that night, in which case I'm going to play anyways.

Sometimes, I'll spend time with my friends in the evening time, otherwise, I do a lot of reading. For some reason, evening time is the best time for me to read, I'm more focused on it and not so distracted. It's also the time that I'll do the EE or Pipe and POTS depending on the day of the week. Unless I know ahead of time I'll be out late and I'll do it in the afternoon.

Throughout this, I'm always striving to practice the Work in just about everything that I do. I spend a lot of time thinking in general, but try to be acutely aware of what I'm thinking about, where it's coming from, and if it's useful and productive (Which it definitely not always is) - Trying to catch those pesky programs.

Also, off topic, is it just me, or are there a lot of musicians on this forum? I've seen so many mentions of members who play an instrument or sing. :thup:

I got a pleasent surprise when I checked this thread this morning! It's so cool to read about everyones "mundane" aspects of life. It deepens the picture of everyones character.

Perceval: No worries, any advice is welcomed...wherever it surfaces. Yes, we have been thinking about this dairy business with our son. He has been so super healthy ever since he has been born so we haven't wanted to change anything yet. We make all other food he eats ourselves (he just loves broccoli and other veggies BTW!) and almost never give any ready made products. But as I read your comment, I started to think that maybe we should try giving him oat milk instead with some mixed berries. Remains to be researched...

Helle: Wow, you really seem to have a full plate! I wish those of us, and especially those with several children, could be granted an extra 10hours per day for doing The Work. Reading Laura's bio 'Grace' is a great inspire for all of us with this "problem".

BTW, it seems that many of you wake up pretty early. How early/late do you go to bed, if you don't mind me asking?

Daniel & abstract: Can you picture in your mind all of the musicians here forming 'The Cass-band'? Spreading the message (I first wrote 'gospel') of FOCM.... :lol: :lol:

With a job change since two months my days have been different then before. I usually wake up around 7 am, when my wife and son are still asleep. I love this quiet hour in the morning, where I read, check mails, read some SOTT and prepare breakfast for the three of us (a lot of those very nice buckwheat pancakes). Around 8 wife and kid wake up and we all get ready for our day: my son to school, my wife for her work at the house and her music projects, myself to get on my bike and position myself somewhere on the streets of Berlin to get my first assignment. I work as a bike - express - mail- deliverer. Up till 5 - 6 in the afternoon I drive around town, picking up all kinds of packages (crazy stuff sometimes) and deliver them somewhere else in town. As Berlin is a big city, that means a lot of miles per day, up to 80 on an average day. In between deliveries, if there is some in between, I look for a sunny spot on a bench, eat some nuts and dried fruits, do some ´no thinking´ while smoking a cigarette, or do some pipe breathing, some POTS, or observe myself an others. Then back on the bike, on my way to the next delivery. Around 6 in the evening I come home, physically tired, but mentally charged from being the whole day outside in whatever part(s) of town the job has brought me, whatever wheather the day has brought: rain, snow, sun, hard wind or a soft breeze. We eat, I play and read some stories with my son and put him to bed. Either my wife and I take some time to talk, or we do each our own thing: I read a book, read some on the internet, do the EE breathing, the POTS. Around 11 I fall asleep: like a log.

a quick note to those who are interested in the other subject that was being discussed here - I created a new topic in the 'music' section, and moved across all the relevant posts, so that this thread can get back on track.

see the new thread here:

Music Collaboration

My usual (work) day starts around 0500, typically in a motel room (around 20 days a month). I get up, fix my lunch, check the weather, fix some coffee (may or may not get breakfast) and sometimes check the forum. Head for work between 0600/0630, drill holes in the ground and fill them back in until we run out of daylight (winter months) or I have had enough for the day (between 1800 and 1900 typically). Go back to the room and do paperwork if necessary. Fix dinner - the grill is my friend here, I get very tired of eating out. After dinner I might call home/relatives, do some reading or check in on the forum (assuming I have an internet connection) or do all of the above if my energy is high. If I am extremely burned out I might just watch a movie and go to sleep early, typically go to bed around 2100.
Days off are another story - do what I want for the most part. Might fix a few things around the house, take my son to the movies, or work on the car(s). I like to do some (amateur) drag racing during the season.

My day really varies, since I sometimes work days, getting up at 0400, sometimes midshift 1400-2200, and sometimes nights 2200-0600. I work as a correction officer on varible shifts, so my sleeping, recreation, and meals are kinda scrambled. I do check the forum and SOTT regularly, generally on the night-shifts, since most inmates are asleep. I have no real schedule or routine, except for coffee.

Hi, Dick:
I remember, swing shift is murder. I used to do it when I was working in TV broadcasting.
Just before retirement I worked in Denver, CO on straight nights for 2 years, wich was enjoyable.
We had 3 days off and weather permitting I spend a lot of time in the mountains.
Took me a while to adjust to the altitude, though.

Back
Top Bottom