Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

3 years ago, I contacted Haley's company but they couldn't deliver it because it was restricted: they were allowed to deliver under condition only to commonwealth countries.

That may have been through the compassionate use program the company had going. I believe that's no longer in operation as they are now possibly approaching Phase III trials in humans. Emeramed are struggling with funding though so I don't even know if they can afford to complete the Phase III. If you email again, it may still be available, but I can't say for sure publicly...

This is the most affordable source, and also tested as the highest purity out of the labs that will sell to the public:
They are very friendly if you do decide to contact them. Never had issues with customs. I believe they also have HOPO for gadolinium, but personally haven't looked into that.

After a year of use do you still need to take it?

I really struggled to get past a milligram (yes!!! one milligram!) for about a year (I was very sick). Many people struggling severely health-wise can't seem to tolerate much past 5mg until they get the inflammation down and metabolism going a bit. I suddenly was able to hit the "RDA" of 300mg/day in Sept and have been coasting since in terms of no side effects.

From what I have observed in various patient groups, it takes ballpark 300-600 GRAMS in total for (example) someone severely bedridden to recover, if mercury/metals was the catalyst. That takes years, in combo with a lot of binders and mineral repletion.

Taking 10 grams/month of OSR would be considered going at it hard.

Hi everyone. I have read this thread - thank you for your kindly-provided advice and info!

As a new(ish)bie, I’m experiencing a degree of info overload but I’m absorbing what I can.

I’m wondering if there’s an updated detox protocol I need to read that consolidates the gems scattered across this thread..? I saw Laura posted a detailed protocol in this thread (from the early days) and Joe posted one later on (‘EZ heavy metal detox protocol’). There are also many other little pots of gold and testimonies scattered throughout this thread.

Is there an updated step-by-step protocol in the forums or SOTT that might help me kickstart my detox journey?

I’m not quite sure where to start - which protocol to follow - whose advice to take on board etc.

Any advice welcome.

Hi everyone. I have read this thread - thank you for your kindly-provided advice and info!

As a new(ish)bie, I’m experiencing a degree of info overload but I’m absorbing what I can.

I’m wondering if there’s an updated detox protocol I need to read that consolidates the gems scattered across this thread..? I saw Laura posted a detailed protocol in this thread (from the early days) and Joe posted one later on (‘EZ heavy metal detox protocol’). There are also many other little pots of gold and testimonies scattered throughout this thread.

Is there an updated step-by-step protocol in the forums or SOTT that might help me kickstart my detox journey?

I’m not quite sure where to start - which protocol to follow - whose advice to take on board etc.

Any advice welcome.

Hi OpenMindOpenHeart, it's tough to jump in and comment on this subject because as you've read above - so many people have had many reactions to the different variations of the protocols. I think the amount of heavy metal toxicity in the individual will be directly related to how intense the detox reaction is. Unfortunately, this is something very hard to guess at. Another thing is the amount of discomfort/pain tolerance one has. I know that some of the detox protocols on this thread barely effect one person and the next person gets 48 hours of intense flu-like symptoms on a milder protocol.

I started with the Iodine protocol a number of years ago and still use it a few times a year as my mouth is filled with mercury fillings and my teeth are bad enough that they'll be coming out with the mercury if I replace them ;-)

When I did my first Lugol's Iodine detox a number of years ago, the product was inexpensive and seemed to be available from a number of sources. It's gone up in price quite a bit since then and not as easy to find. In my opinion, the formulations that are less than 12% aren't very effective for detox (maybe they are as supplements). For Lugol's there seems (to me anyway) to be a critical mass that is needed and drinking a lot of 2 or 5% is nowhere near as effective as the smaller amounts of 12,15 or 20% solutions.

The only two brands I've found that work well (I've experimented with about five or six different brands) are Art Pharma out of Quebec and Health Leads out of the UK. The Health Leads 12% solution is less expensive and I find it works great. We've had a 100ml bottle that's lasted more than a year using it very regularly on two humans and two dogs to treat wounds and cysts.

As to how much you can tolerate, or what is needed to trigger the de-tox, that's different with each person obviously. I sip about 300ml of warm spring water with a half teaspoon of celtic sea salt for 20 minutes before the Iodine on an empty stomach. As the C's mentioned in older session, "This warms up the liver".

I think both the type of water and salt are important for this first step. All commercial table salt is junk. Any real sea salt or pink salt is much better. Also, I think mineral water with high alkalinity is important. Reverse osmosis water, tap water, commercial bottled brands (that aren't from a spring) all absorb the minerals and iodine before your body can.

I think any rebound from toxification means you have to pretty much drink alkaline spring water all the time. Although I drink Evian here and there, we've been drinking local glacial water for years and that makes a huge difference (obviously that's not an option for anyone who doesn't have access to inexpensive local, glacial water). Depending on where you live, I think local spring water is the best option as wherever we're from, I think we're tuned to that water source.

After I've sipped the water, I'll pour the same amount of spring water into a glass and then add the iodine. That's where it gets tricky for each individual. If you overdo it, you can get a heavy reaction that can feel like the flu. I probably overdid it the first time, but my only reaction was feeling a mild "caffeine-like" rush and then being very sleepy. It also acts like a diuretic to flush everything out. Initially I took Selenium with the Iodine and that flushed even more, but I only use it rarely now as it bugs my stomach.

When I add the 12% Iodine to the water, I don't count drops (but I'd guess 4 or 5), so it looks like a dark iced tea. Too much can also burn your throat. So maybe go lighter than darker to begin with.

A more regular local detox I use is more for muscles to get rid of built up lactic or uric acid. Pure DMSO in liquid form really works for me. When I apply it in its pure form it will burn for 20 minutes and quite strongly. But overall it relieves muscle pain and joint stiffness almost instantly - it also flushes out muscle bound toxins. I only use a few ml's in a bowl and dab it on with cotton ball to the muscle(s). My wife is more sensitive to using it undiluted, so she uses a 50/50 water DMSO mix. She's a pet groomer so gets many aches and pains. It helps her quite a bit.

DMSO is also an excellent transport for Iodine. I think it's just as effective to mix 50/50 water and DMSO (just enough for a couple of dabs) with two drops of iodine and dab on the thyroid. I do this rather than drinking Iodine for supplementing. You might also want to check out the melatonin thread. I take it every night after years of fitful sleeping and it's made a world of difference for getting real rest. The other threads on the forum that have really helped me, deal with Thiamine and Berberine.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. Take into account that I'm in my 50's and over 200 pounds with a high pain tolerance and good metabolism - so buyer beware ;-)

There is a DMSA detoxification protocol.

Also, have you read the books about detox?

In my opinion, the formulations that are less than 12% aren't very effective for detox (maybe they are as supplements). For Lugol's there seems (to me anyway) to be a critical mass that is needed and drinking a lot of 2 or 5% is nowhere near as effective as the smaller amounts of 12,15 or 20% solutions.
That's too high for some people starting out. The iodine thread should be read first before starting Lugol's.

Hi OpenMindOpenHeart, it's tough to jump in and comment on this subject because as you've read above - so many people have had many reactions to the different variations of the protocols. I think the amount of heavy metal toxicity in the individual will be directly related to how intense the detox reaction is. Unfortunately, this is something very hard to guess at. Another thing is the amount of discomfort/pain tolerance one has. I know that some of the detox protocols on this thread barely effect one person and the next person gets 48 hours of intense flu-like symptoms on a milder protocol.

I started with the Iodine protocol a number of years ago and still use it a few times a year as my mouth is filled with mercury fillings and my teeth are bad enough that they'll be coming out with the mercury if I replace them ;-)

When I did my first Lugol's Iodine detox a number of years ago, the product was inexpensive and seemed to be available from a number of sources. It's gone up in price quite a bit since then and not as easy to find. In my opinion, the formulations that are less than 12% aren't very effective for detox (maybe they are as supplements). For Lugol's there seems (to me anyway) to be a critical mass that is needed and drinking a lot of 2 or 5% is nowhere near as effective as the smaller amounts of 12,15 or 20% solutions.

The only two brands I've found that work well (I've experimented with about five or six different brands) are Art Pharma out of Quebec and Health Leads out of the UK. The Health Leads 12% solution is less expensive and I find it works great. We've had a 100ml bottle that's lasted more than a year using it very regularly on two humans and two dogs to treat wounds and cysts.

As to how much you can tolerate, or what is needed to trigger the de-tox, that's different with each person obviously. I sip about 300ml of warm spring water with a half teaspoon of celtic sea salt for 20 minutes before the Iodine on an empty stomach. As the C's mentioned in older session, "This warms up the liver".

I think both the type of water and salt are important for this first step. All commercial table salt is junk. Any real sea salt or pink salt is much better. Also, I think mineral water with high alkalinity is important. Reverse osmosis water, tap water, commercial bottled brands (that aren't from a spring) all absorb the minerals and iodine before your body can.

I think any rebound from toxification means you have to pretty much drink alkaline spring water all the time. Although I drink Evian here and there, we've been drinking local glacial water for years and that makes a huge difference (obviously that's not an option for anyone who doesn't have access to inexpensive local, glacial water). Depending on where you live, I think local spring water is the best option as wherever we're from, I think we're tuned to that water source.

After I've sipped the water, I'll pour the same amount of spring water into a glass and then add the iodine. That's where it gets tricky for each individual. If you overdo it, you can get a heavy reaction that can feel like the flu. I probably overdid it the first time, but my only reaction was feeling a mild "caffeine-like" rush and then being very sleepy. It also acts like a diuretic to flush everything out. Initially I took Selenium with the Iodine and that flushed even more, but I only use it rarely now as it bugs my stomach.

When I add the 12% Iodine to the water, I don't count drops (but I'd guess 4 or 5), so it looks like a dark iced tea. Too much can also burn your throat. So maybe go lighter than darker to begin with.

A more regular local detox I use is more for muscles to get rid of built up lactic or uric acid. Pure DMSO in liquid form really works for me. When I apply it in its pure form it will burn for 20 minutes and quite strongly. But overall it relieves muscle pain and joint stiffness almost instantly - it also flushes out muscle bound toxins. I only use a few ml's in a bowl and dab it on with cotton ball to the muscle(s). My wife is more sensitive to using it undiluted, so she uses a 50/50 water DMSO mix. She's a pet groomer so gets many aches and pains. It helps her quite a bit.

DMSO is also an excellent transport for Iodine. I think it's just as effective to mix 50/50 water and DMSO (just enough for a couple of dabs) with two drops of iodine and dab on the thyroid. I do this rather than drinking Iodine for supplementing. You might also want to check out the melatonin thread. I take it every night after years of fitful sleeping and it's made a world of difference for getting real rest. The other threads on the forum that have really helped me, deal with Thiamine and Berberine.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. Take into account that I'm in my 50's and over 200 pounds with a high pain tolerance and good metabolism - so buyer beware ;-)
Thank you very much for sharing. Is distilled water (what I drink) as ineffective as reverse osmosis for this? I don’t have easy access to local spring water. My brother has a water tank…?

Thank you very much for sharing. Is distilled water (what I drink) as ineffective as reverse osmosis for this? I don’t have easy access to local spring water. My brother has a water tank…?

Yes, I think Distilled water is probably the best if you can't get spring water. I think the issue if you live in a city is the tap water may contain heavy metals. We have a manganese issue along with the flouridation the city adds. I think the corporate non-spring waters like Dasani or Nestle tend to be acidic.

Back
Top Bottom