DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

Psyche has done some research on the topic, and we've done a little experimenting, and we have the idea that, considering the time that DMSO stays in the system, what it does, etc, unless you have had a stroke and heart attack and need it to ream out your blood vessels and stuff, the best dose amount and schedule is one teaspoonful in a glass of distilled water once a week.

So that's what we are doing.

Kniall said:
Should this be diluted down for him? And how best to apply it to the skin? I used some cotton wool for the moment.

For the face and neck, a 50% dilution is suggested. 70% can be used for other purposes. If his skin is too irritated, he can use a 50% dilution. Also, when 60 to 90% concentration is applied to the palm of the hand, the skin may wrinkle and stay that way for several days. If no benefits are seen, then he can stop using it.

Even if it is a topical reaction to some chemical, he will benefit from improving his diet (elimination diet). That could deal with the problem.

Psyche said:
Even if it is a topical reaction to some chemical, he will benefit from improving his diet (elimination diet). That could deal with the problem.

I think he knows this himself and would explain why he came to me asking for ideas about detoxing.

If his skin is too irritated, he can use a 50% dilution.

Thanks, we'll go with that to begin with!

Laura said:
Psyche has done some research on the topic, and we've done a little experimenting, and we have the idea that, considering the time that DMSO stays in the system, what it does, etc, unless you have had a stroke and heart attack and need it to ream out your blood vessels and stuff, the best dose amount and schedule is one teaspoonful in a glass of distilled water once a week.

So that's what we are doing.

I have tried it again yesterday night with one teaspoon. I put one teaspoon of DMSO in 3/4 of a cup of water. To ease the taste, I added some pure organic lemon juice and finally I was able to drink it.

The only effect that i had except the fact that I had the sensation that my mouth was doughy, was that i woke up in the middle of the night completely thirsty.

One thing I need to ask:

Before applying DMSO to the skin, should the application area
be carefully cleaned? Should foreign "substances" in the mouth
be cleared before drinking?

My logic here, is that DMSO can transfer "substances" into the
bloodstream, that otherwise should not be transferred? Please
understand that I am only asking, because I could be wrong
relating to drinking of DMSO, but not necessarily that of external
application of DMSO? Please read on...

I know for a fact, in my past, that DMSO was abused when
used as a carrier for "nefarious purposes" in the transfer of
certain substances directly into the body. I have seen this
myself, almost being a victim myself.

So perhaps, one ought to take great care in preventing easy
access to DMSO, so that it cannot be abused by others?

Just some thoughts,
Dan

[update: grammatical corrections]

All good points, Dan. Yes, it should be handled carefully and one should be very careful what they put with it. It is REALLY powerful and does cross the blood/brain barrier.

I ordered a gallon of DMSO from dmso.net and didn't know it would be in a plastic jug. So I emailed the seller, who is a chemist and did a lot of work in the military and industries. I wrote:

"Hello, I recently received a gallon of DMSO I ordered from you. But I'm concerned that it is stored in a number 2 HDPE plastic jug. I don't cook or store food in plastic and try to avoid it. I also understand that DMSO is a really efficient solvent. So I was wondering if it is likely that the DMSO would get leached plastic particles in it. I've taken a look at your bio and it seems you might know about this. Thank you for your time."

And he replied:

"Hi [3D Student],

The suppliers of dmso in glass containers state that dmso will 'leach" out chemicals from the plastic.
This is simply not true. they use this as a marketing ploy to sell their dmso.
The fact of the matter is that when these suppliers buy their dmso (in many cases from us) they receive it in plastic containers.
They refill it and state that the glass is better.
Dmso when purchased in bulk comes in 55 gallon plastic drums.
I am a chemist and thought you would like to know the truth of this matter.
Another reason we use plastic is to avoid breakage problems.
Regards,
Robert Brock
www.dmso.net"

I'm posting this because some have had concerns about the plastic issue and DMSO, fwiw.

3D Student said:
I'm posting this because some have had concerns about the plastic issue and DMSO, fwiw.

Thanks for the update! Galaxia2002 also clarified more about DMSO and plastics here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17014.msg151107#msg151107

3D Student said:
The fact of the matter is that when these suppliers buy their dmso (in many cases from us) they receive it in plastic containers.
They refill it and state that the glass is better.
www.dmso.net

Thanks for the post 3D Student. What Robert Brock said makes sense and I do not doubt that the above statement is true. (smacks self in forehead)

Psyche said:
Thanks for the update! Galaxia2002 also clarified more about DMSO and plastics here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17014.msg151107#msg151107

I remember reading that, but I still wasn't too sure. I'm wondering if plastics are ok for other liquids like oils and other foods. Things like flax oil are almost always stored in dark plastic bottles. I'm guessing that as long as it doesn't contain BPA and you don't heat it it's ok?

3D Student said:
I'm guessing that as long as it doesn't contain BPA and you don't heat it it's ok?

I don't know for sure, but will keep digging for date. And what Brock says makes sense, getting a glass bottle of DMSO is no guarantee that it was not exposed to plastics before. Heating up plastics is definitely a no no.

I haven't been able to find anything definitive on the plastic issue. It seems that they only talk about the numbers of plastic and what they are best used for and they only mention BPA.

Hi to all,

I ordered my DMSO from: http://www.dmso.com/ ( I hope this brand is OK) liquid one of 99% purity, at least this is what they claim. Did any of tried this particular product and how do you use it, or it is same way as explained in previous posts??

Ljubica said:
Hi to all,

I ordered my DMSO from: http://www.dmso.com/ ( I hope this brand is OK) liquid one of 99% purity, at least this is what they claim. Did any of tried this particular product and how do you use it, or it is same way as explained in previous posts??

Notice that this thread is for dmsA, not dmsO. It is two different products. That brand is a good one and you have to dilute it, at least a 70% dilution for topical use or 50% if its for upper body topical use. For consumption, a 70% dilution is okay, for eye drops, a 25% dilution in sterile saline solution. More info in the DMSO thread:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17014.0

Psyche said:
Ljubica said:
Hi to all,

Notice that this thread is for dmsA, not dmsO. It is two different products. That brand is a good one and you have to dilute it, at least a 70% dilution for topical use or 50% if its for upper body topical use. For consumption, a 70% dilution is okay, for eye drops, a 25% dilution in sterile saline solution. More info in the DMSO thread:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17014.0

I have merged the last 2 posts in this DMSO thread.

Back
Top Bottom