DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

zlyja said:
Wow, thanks for all the info, Psyche! I learned way more about allergens and organic compounds in your post than I would have looking through my textbook for an hour.

Me, too. Just another example of the power of this wonderful network.

And thanks, Psyche, for sharing on a daily basis your vast knowledge of healing remedies and accompanying data.

Laura said:
It's REALLY working on my mouth. That inflamed area of my jaw has calmed down about 70% in just a couple of days. Or more, actually. I expect it to be completely soothed by tomorrow after tonight's dose of DMSO.

Good news to hear, Laura!

Thank you for the dosage recommendations and for the math help, Psyche! So, I think that either a clove of crushed garlic or a few capsules of allicin should do the trick with the 50% concentration DMSO. I haven't bought any yet, though. I have reverse-osmosis water available in my house, but its stored in a 20-year old plastic water cooler. So, it's probably best to try and find DMSO that's already 50% concentrate, to prevent contamination.

And I'm glad to hear that your jaw is getting better, Laura! I have to ask, though: where on Earth can you afford all the supplements you take? Everywhere offline I look, the good stuff without any sugar, soy, etc. is at least 20$.

zlyja said:
And I'm glad to hear that your jaw is getting better, Laura! I have to ask, though: where on Earth can you afford all the supplements you take? Everywhere offline I look, the good stuff without any sugar, soy, etc. is at least 20$.

Thankfully, there is a network of wonderful people who send us most of what we need on a regular basis! If it weren't for the supplements and other assistance, we would NOT be able to keep on going. I wouldn't, for sure. I get slammed regularly and repeatedly because I am out there in the front line, so it takes a network to keep me functional and locked and loaded!

And you certainly deserve all the help for all the hard work you do! I guess it's bargain hunting for me. Ah, well; it keeps the brain sharp and it saves enough to help keep you locked and loaded. :)

zlyja said:
And you certainly deserve all the help for all the hard work you do! I guess it's bargain hunting for me. Ah, well; it keeps the brain sharp and it saves enough to help keep you locked and loaded. :)

Bargain hunting is what we like. There are a few members of FOTCM who are also members of COOPs in the U.S. and can get supplements at discounts. Others just shop for bargains and when they pick up something for themselves, they get a few extra for us here. Other things, are bought in bulk quantities. Keep in mind, we are trying to keep 13 people going full time, seven days a week.

Having said that, I'd sure like to find a way to make everything available to FOTCM members at reasonable prices too, and that IS one project we have our eye on. But we need to find out what really works and what doesn't, what is essential and what isn't. Once we know that, we may try to find serious bulk supplies of things and get three or four distribution centers set up so that all our members can get whatever they need mailed from the closest distributor.

Hi zlyja,

I think you should also know that we have had to make a lot of adjustments in our budget. Without the help from our group members, we couldn't take that many supplements. But Psyche has made us an individualized plan, so that we can all take the minimum amount of pills possible. We all have auto-inmune disorders, and we do most of our detox by just eating the right kind of food (which, by the way, has allowed us to save money too!). We cook the same meals, very simple stuff, we never have any expensive treats.

As you may know, Laura has always had health problems, due, I think, to strong 4D STS attacks to prevent her from helping us all and the world. I've never seen anybody as sensitive as her. She can feel the effect of something inflammatory within 20 mins, and she has a huge will power to not eat what she loves but is bad for her (like eggs, for example). These supplements, like DMSO, have had huge results on her particularly. And we are all happy for her, because the world needs her to be healthy and she deserves to not be in pain!

Every time she says that for the first time in her life she knows what not to feel pain is like, that makes us all happy for her, and we wish we would have known this before. Can you imagine suffering from so much physical pain in your life that you don't know what feeling good is??? It's terrible!

In other words, if we had to pay for these supplements and eat only beans and rice for the rest of our life, we would do it. It's a matter of priorities.

Also keep in mind that she's been learning about detox and diet for quite a while now, and that, as with everything she learns, it benefits everyone that she is not attacked and that she constantly finds ways to counteract those attacks.

Lastly, as we have noticed in many people who have recently changed their eating habits and started taking supplements and doing the EE program, there is a high probability that a good health increases the possibility of spiritual growth. IMO diseases are an obstacle that we have to learn to fight and prevent, in order to have more energy and clarity of mind to give to others and grow. So, I think this knowledge is a real gift that was given to those who are willing to try. Laura had to do it in the hardest way possible, but with all this advice about detox, she is helping us have it a bit easier. :D

Having said that, I'd sure like to find a way to make everything available to FOTCM members at reasonable prices too, and that IS one project we have our eye on. But we need to find out what really works and what doesn't, what is essential and what isn't. Once we know that, we may try to find serious bulk supplies of things and get three or four distribution centers set up so that all our members can get whatever they need mailed from the closest distributor.

I think that’s a great idea to consider. However, I think that the cost of shipping might be a problem as far as saving money goes. I mean, you'd first have to ship from the place where you bought stuff in bulk, then you'd have to ship from the distributor to the customer, and it could get pricey if you'd want to make up for those costs. Perhaps some time in the future, when the FOTCM gets more support and if there are enough funds to go around, some chemistry folk over here can set up shop and synthesize everything you need and then package it all. Kind of like Bob’s Red Mill, except in supplement form! Although I don’t know the economics of that, so I have no idea if that would work. For now, though, I think that the projects involving psychopathy and spiritual growth are the most important. But that’s just my opinion. :)

And I must apologize for my ignorance, Ailén! I knew that you guys were on a tight budget, but I didn’t really consider till now how, with all the attacks you guys get, both online and physiologically, how hard it must be to deliver quality information for all and still be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. I’m still very self-centered when it comes to considering other people.

It really is a great gift to be able to learn from everyone’s experiences here, especially from Laura, when you think about all the crap she’s had to deal with. It's really amazing, when you read The Wave, how she had been in pain and attacked most of her life, and then you read on the forum about how great she's been doing because of all she's learned. I’m very grateful for the information provided about detoxing and the like. I really don’t know how to thank you all enough, except, I guess, by continuing to network and donate to the group.

That being said, I’m sorry for kind of hijacking the thread. But it encourages me to share this knowledge of DMSO with others who I think will benefit from it. :)

Great thread! :) I have an unopened bottle of DMSO in my cupboard, which I will be sharing with folks as of now! I only thought it was useful for transporting chemicals through the skin, I never considered its wider applications!

Laura said:
Bargain hunting is what we like. There are a few members of FOTCM who are also members of COOPs in the U.S. and can get supplements at discounts. Others just shop for bargains and when they pick up something for themselves, they get a few extra for us here. Other things, are bought in bulk quantities. Keep in mind, we are trying to keep 13 people going full time, seven days a week.

Do you guys have a "shopping list" posted anywhere?? That would be really useful for anyone who makes bulk orders, its just a case of adding a little extra ;) I could send you some supplements everytime I make one. Would you want me to send it direct to you or through a closer UK based member for instance?

Rhys said:
Do you guys have a "shopping list" posted anywhere?? That would be really useful for anyone who makes bulk orders, its just a case of adding a little extra ;) I could send you some supplements everytime I make one. Would you want me to send it direct to you or through a closer UK based member for instance?

Hi Rhys,

Since you are a member of the FOTCM, have a look in that section of the forum and you will find an answer to your question.

I can attest to the benefits of DMSO. I had an upper lip injury at work last Wednesday. The hospital doctor told me not to put anything on the wound/stitches. He also prescribed Augmentin antibiotic because I am allergic to Neosporin. I chose not to fill that prescription unless I got serious signs of infection.

Contrary to what the ER doc said, I chose to clean it with peroxide and put DMSO on a regular basis. I also took plenty of Vitamin C (5-10 Grams a day), amino acid complex, NAC, magnesium, and multivitamins to help my body repair itself. Being somewhat light skinned, I did get some redness and itchyness in the area. But, it has been healing well, without infection! On Friday I saw the plastic surgeon and he said that it was wise to clean the wound, that the advice of the hospital was wrong- but the stitches were done well.

The only side effect was that skin started to peel around the injury on Sat and Sunday, but what was left below the peeling was brand new good looking skin. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon who will remove the sutures and decide what to do to limit scarring. With the DMSO, I think that scarring will be minimal.

DMSO is amazing, I've also read various good results with using it in the eyes. Being the adventurous type myself, today I diluted DMSO down to 30% and put 2 drops in one of my eyes that has been having red spots around the iris. The red spots diminished drastically. The only side effect was a slight burning sensation, similar to those drops you get when one goes for a glaucoma test, without the side effect of dilated pupils, LOL.

I got my DMSO from www.SwansonVitamins.com a few months ago. It was at 90%, so be sure to dilute the container with distilled water about 1/4 down to get a 70% solution.

Mark said:
Could DMSO have any similarities to nicotine?

In the sense that DMSO inhibits the actions of cholinesterases enzymes ("Anticholinesterase"), as a result, it may potentate the action of acetylcholine at cholinergic sites. Nicotine mimics acetylcholine.

My Dmso arrived today in 70% Gel form.

I have already put some on my hip which is often sore and achy and a spot on my neck which gets blocked. It says I can apply 2-3 times a day topically is this most peoples protocol?

Looking forward to seeing what the effects are.

Thanks for the thread its always good to hear other peoples experience of things.

Divide By Zero said:
I can attest to the benefits of DMSO.

Great to hear this! It seems to be working really, really well for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I can also attest to the benefits of DMSO. There have been some days when I was so inflamed that nothing would make me feel better. My back hurt really bad, my eyes were swollen and I was super tired. I had DMSO applied all along my spine, and within 8 hours the inflammation was gone by 60-80%!

I'm trying it now for my problem with vasculitis. I've had it since 1999, and doctors could never find the cause. I think it was an auto-immune disorder, triggered by bad eating habits and a lot of stress at that time. Whenever I get the symptoms back (swollen legs, thin blood vessels inflamed), I apply DMSO on my legs, and it has helped a lot. I'm hoping that it will keep it in check and maybe end up curing it.

zlyja said:
And I must apologize for my ignorance, Ailén! I knew that you guys were on a tight budget, but I didn’t really consider till now how, with all the attacks you guys get, both online and physiologically, how hard it must be to deliver quality information for all and still be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. I’m still very self-centered when it comes to considering other people.

No need to apologize zlyja. :) I just figured that you may need some further explanation, but didn't take your question as being offensive. I hope you can find a good and cheap source of DMSO soon if you need it.

Ailén said:
I can also attest to the benefits of DMSO. There have been some days when I was so inflamed that nothing would make me feel better. My back hurt really bad, my eyes were swollen and I was super tired. I had DMSO applied all along my spine, and within 8 hours the inflammation was gone by 60-80%!

I'm trying it now for my problem with vasculitis. I've had it since 1999, and doctors could never find the cause. I think it was an auto-immune disorder, triggered by bad eating habits and a lot of stress at that time. Whenever I get the symptoms back (swollen legs, thin blood vessels inflamed), I apply DMSO on my legs, and it has helped a lot. I'm hoping that it will keep it in check and maybe end up curing it.

Thanks for your experience description Ailén. I'm going to try it on my mother's feet and legs and spine as well - she has some swelling in one foot and circulation probs down the legs.

Back
Top Bottom