Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Laura said:
I think we all might consider the possibility that Trump's "cheap rhetoric" and appeals to the lowest common denominator and emotional button pushing was simply a tactic. Obviously, as a businessman, he's studied lots of things about how to "sell" and it seems to me that this was what he was doing: selling. Previous information about his views, and his actions thus far suggest that he was using the rage of the masses as a platform.

So, those of you that "don't get it", try thinking with a hammer here! Look at reality; apply analytical skills; put yourself in the shoes of others!
Rhetoric for the sake of selling is one thing, but I also believe that an additional point of mobilizing the masses in this way is, considering he has challenged some powerful people on the way, that their anger and frustrations also serve as his protection.

angelburst29 said:
Not that I expected it but Obama should have at least sent out a Press release, for the protesters to tone it down. By completely ignoring the situation, it gives the outward impression - he condones the violence and destruction, while he also claims - he's implementing a "peaceful transition" for the next elected President.

Even if I knew nothing about Trumps background, I would have to give him "credit" for the way he handled his first televised interview. Trump got his points across, in a precise and calm manner while he addressed topics that were reverent and of concern to the public.

Yup. I'd be very surprised if Obama or Hillary came out publicly against the protestors, especially the violent ones. The fact is some of these agitators are being hired via Craigslist by Soros-connected organizations. Most likely Obama got his marching orders from Soros and the PTB to let it lie. As for Killary, she is probably home nursing her grudges while watching TV and cackling at the violence. She probably believes the protestors adore her and will carry her into the White House via a revolution.

The Cs may yet have another hit in that the color revolution chances of success are fair and will eventually fizzle. A revolution need lots of Millennials with arms and military-backing to rise up and fight. Eventually most of these paid or emotionally-challenged youngsters will tire out or be part of something really stupid and horrific and will pay for it. The rest of the Millennials, along with their elders, will go back to playing with their technical toys and watching sports and reality TV shows.

I kinda wonder if this military/police build-up was the PTB's way of dealing with gun-owning conservatives and those who have critical-thinking skills once their -jezebel- of Babylon/Golden Girl won the White House? Perhaps the PTB had the build-up in place because they knew the right would eventually react to the unfairness and corruption of a Killary administration. Now the left is doing the agitating, not the right as may have been planned. I dunno. Just some thoughts.

This is kind of a side issue, but I was just wondering if Trump will be pro-tobacco. I found this about Pence:
_http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/trumps-reported-vp-pick-mike-pence-said-smoking-doesnt-kill
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, whom Donald Trump is reportedly leaning toward picking as his running mate, once held a pretty unusual view on cigarettes: that "smoking doesn't kill."

At several points around the turn of the millennium, Congress debated whether to allow the Food and Drug Administration to regulate tobacco products. Pence, who was elected to Congress in 2000, was firmly against it, arguing that smoking was not as dangerous as the "hysteria from the political class and the media" would have you believe. In fact, tobacco products kill up to half of users, according to the World Health Organization.

An archived page from Pence's campaign website, unearthed last year by BuzzFeed, contains an article titled "The Great American Smoke Out," which states:

Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill. In fact, 2 out of every three smokers does not die from a smoking related illness and 9 out of ten smokers do not contract lung cancer.

Laura said:
I think we all might consider the possibility that Trump's "cheap rhetoric" and appeals to the lowest common denominator and emotional button pushing was simply a tactic. Obviously, as a businessman, he's studied lots of things about how to "sell" and it seems to me that this was what he was doing: selling. Previous information about his views, and his actions thus far suggest that he was using the rage of the masses as a platform.

Just saw a CNN piece about Trump (_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z73H5urfx-c) where at the end they interviewed Scott Adams (Dilbert creator), who apparently predicted a Trump presidency early on. He said 2 interesting things on that interview:

* He thinks that Trump is a master persuader and that he heavily relies on visuals. Hence his mentioning the the wall all the time ("big, beautiful"), or talking about head choppers who put people in cages (ISIS) etc. - it creates images in people's minds that are very effective.

* He thinks that Trump will go about the presidency using an effective business tool: A/B testing. This would mean that he will try different things all the time, notices the response and if it works, then adapts his plans/messages accordingly. If true, we might see a very fast & furious presidency, which might be good.

This development sounds promising:

The Kremlin announced the two had held a phone conversation on Monday.

Vladimir Putin Holds Phone Talks With US President-Elect Donald Trump
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201611141047434213-Putin-Trump-phone-talks/

Trump and Putin reportedly shared their views on combatting international terrorism and extremism, and on settling the crisis in Syria.

The Russian president reportedly told the US president-elect that Russia is ready to maintain constructive dialogue with the new US administration, based on principles of equal rights and mutual respect. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

luc said:
* He thinks that Trump will go about the presidency using an effective business tool: A/B testing. This would mean that he will try different things all the time, notices the response and if it works, then adapts his plans/messages accordingly. If true, we might see a very fast & furious presidency, which might be good.

Well that makes a lot of sense especially from his business background. It's a fast way of determining what is appealing and to whom.
Did he do exit polls from the rallies? That would be the best time to determine the effectiveness.
The second best (and most likely used) is looking for trends on social media with 'positive mention'.
All standard practices for advertising campaigns these days.

President-elect Donald Trump is considering spending as much time as possible at his $100-million penthouse in New York rather than move into the White House full-time when he takes office, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Trump Considers Not Moving Into White House
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-move-white-house/2016/11/14/id/758707/

This was the pattern he developed on the campaign trial, when he would often fly back late at night to New York in order to sleep at Trump Tower, where he has lived for some 30 years.

The Secret Service has reportedly said that protecting him in New York would be a security nightmare and have strongly suggested that he take up residence full-time at the White House.

Security at Trump Tower was increased after he won the Republican nomination, with everyone entering the building having to show identification.

The New York Times reports that Trump's advisers say the president-elect is still trying to get used to the idea that his life is about to radically change and is trying to hold onto the familiar, but suggest that as he becomes more comfortable in his position he will increasingly spend more time in the White House.

Trump especially designed his three-floor New York apartment in the style of Louis XIV and is very proud of it, but after taking a tour of the White House following his meeting with President Barack Obama last week, he was reportedly impressed with the building's neoclassical architecture and history.

After five days of anti-Trump protests, Republicans said it was incumbent upon Hillary Clinton, President Barack Obama and other Democratic leaders to calm their supporters and encourage a peaceful transition of power after anti-Trump demonstrations have swept U.S. cities since Election Day.

Republicans Call on Clinton, Obama to Reel in ‘Professional’ Anti-Trump Protesters
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950824001308

"Trump is there for them. And he is going to be a president that listens and takes the counsel of many different people, including those from the other side of the aisle," said Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump's former campaign manager, Chicago Tribune reported.

He told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press that "it's time really for President Obama and Secretary Clinton to say to these protesters, This man is our president."

Both Clinton and Obama made speeches urging exactly that last week. In her concession speech to Trump, Clinton said: "We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead."

In a similar vein, Obama met with Trump at the White House last Thursday and has said that his priority is to ensure a smooth transition so that Trump's presidency is successful.

Conway on also accused Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid, D-Nev., of "acting like some garden-variety political pundit" and "egging people on" to protest Trump's coming presidency.

Speaking to host Chris Wallace on Fox News, Conway also suggested that professional, paid protesters were behind the anti-Trump demonstrations in cities across the country.

Wallace had asked Conway what Trump would do to reach out to those who were scared of what his presidency would bring, then read a portion of a statement Reid issued Friday charging Trump with assuaging the fears he said his campaign stoked.

"If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate," Reid's statement read in part.

"Winning the Electoral College does not absolve Trump of the grave sins he committed against millions of Americans. Donald Trump may not possess the capacity to assuage those fears, but he owes it to this nation to try."

Thousands rally, march as nationwide anti-Trump protests continue/

Conway cited Trump's victory speech as evidence he was "off to a great start" in unifying the country, then turned her anger on Reid.

"Talk about not wanting my children to listen to somebody," Conway said. "I'm calling for responsibility and maturity and decency. I hope President Obama calls Harry M. Reid today and says cut it out."

Conway also told Wallace that the Trump administration still would be one "for the forgotten man and the forgotten woman" -- despite his transition-team picks being filled with Washington insiders.

Throughout his campaign, Trump played up his lack of political experience as a positive trait, saying he was an outsider who would "drain the swamp" of D.C. politics. His transition team now includes former federal bureaucrats, think-tank academics, corporate lawyers and special-interest lobbyists.

"These are people who are talented and who have done this before," Conway told host Chris Wallace, defending Trump's transition-team choices. "You can't just appoint novices. You have to have people who know what they're doing."

Conway had previously said Trump's pick for White House chief of staff was "imminent." It is widely expected that Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus and Trump campaign CEO Steve Bannon are on the shortlist for that position, and Trump's choice could signal the direction of his presidency.

Conway told Wallace that both men would have "very important roles" in the administration.

"We couldn't have done it without Preibus or Bannon," she said, referring to winning the election.

On the issue of Obamacare, Conway also said she didn't know if Trump would amend portions of the health care law or repeal and replace it completely -- but that Trump would act quickly, perhaps even convening a special session right after the inauguration next January to address the law.

"As you know, the House and Senate under Republican control have repealed Obamacare dozens of times but they've never had a Republican president go the next step," Conway said. "... that excuse has been removed and I think you're going to see some significant action."

When Wallace asked if President Barack Obama had changed Trump's mind about a full repeal, Conway brushed it off as Trump being polite.

"I wouldn't take it that far," Conway said. "I believe that President-elect Trump is being properly respectful to President Obama. This is obviously his signature domestic legislative achievement, to hear Obama say it."

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani also said that protesters recently spotted him and began banging on his car.

“I know both Secretary Clinton and President Obama were very gracious, and I respect that a lot in the way they handled it the day after, two days after,” Mr. Giuliani said on ABC’s “This Week.”

“But I wish they would say something about it, too. Because after all, these are supporters of President Obama and Hillary Clinton, and maybe they could say something about this. Really not the right thing in the democracy.”

Vermont senator Bernie Sanders gave his support to those protesting against Donald Trump and has questioned the Electoral College system.

Bernie Sanders Supports Anti-Trump Protests: 'People Are Angry'
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950824001267

During an interview with USA Today, the US senator said it was time for a serious discussion on a system that gives someone the presidency despite them not getting the most votes, Independent reported.

In a direct address to those who were campaigning, Sanders said he understood why there was disagreement with Trump, and said that people did not want "to go back" to echoes of past discrimination and bigotry

“People are angry. People are upset. And they want to express their point of view that they are very frightened, in very, very strong disagreement with Trump, who has made bigotry the cornerstone of his campaign,” Sanders told USA Today.

“I think that people are saying, ‘Trump, we have come too far in this country fighting discrimination and bigotry. We’re not going back. And if you’re going to continue that effort, you’re going to have to take us on.’

“We may want to take a look at the whole Electoral College, which is seating a man for president who didn’t get the most votes. This is something we need a serious discussion on,” he added.

Sanders was also asked if he thought he would have been able to beat Trump if he had received the Democratic Party nomination over Hilary Clinton.

“The answer is, I don’t know. Nobody knows. I certainly wish I had had that opportunity. Some of the polls out there suggest that might have been the case,” Sanders said.

It remains unclear if Sanders will be running for another term in the Senate in 2018 but when asked he said: “Probably, but I haven’t made that decision”.

Niall said:
Beau said:
A little summary of his interview for those who may not be able to watch or not have time:

I think that 'straight-talk' is gonna win more people over as days go by.
[...]

Yep. It is still over two months before he is officialy and legally the new president. So that should be remembered, in what we hear from him over this next two months.

Seems the CBC thought it might be a good time to roll out the ex-PM of Britain; on the heels, no less, of their yesterdays heart to heart with Pussy Riot takes on Trump, Putin farce, with non other than Tony Blair to weigh in on Trump; boo hoo he decries.

Terribly sorry to put you off your meal, however, Tony just can't help himself and the host, Peter Mandsbridge, even asks a few questions of him like a hint to the movement of fascism - Tony smiles like the pathological he is and backs him off. How Tony was allowed to deplane in Canada without being arrested...

Not sure what happened to the old CBC, they just keep getting deeper and deeper into the muck.

https://youtu.be/U1VdL2Br1mI

angelburst29 said:
Vermont senator Bernie Sanders gave his support to those protesting against Donald Trump and has questioned the Electoral College system.

“We may want to take a look at the whole Electoral College, which is seating a man for president who didn’t get the most votes. This is something we need a serious discussion on,” he added.

Geez, so Bernie is pouring oil into the fire. Wonder if they have some dirt on him, he really is totally clueless, or controlled opposition to begin with. Anyway, people are showing their colors big time it seems.

I think it is positively quite telling that Trump had neither met Obama before nor been to the White House. Let alone wishing to stay in his own penthouse, and declining his salary. Seems he was not out for the 'political' power nor a sychophant of the current power holders. Definitely his own man!

I finally took a dive into the political talk with a longtime friend the other night. For the majority of the evening, it was a pretty smooth conversation. He discussed his views on how the current era reminded him of a JFK or FDR type scenario, and we talked and agreed how its best to give Trump an opportunity to enact some changes, if even possible. All in all, I had the impression that we were on the same page about most things, at the very least on Hillary I thought we were in agreement. Then it got really weird once I mentioned Russia; I've never seen such a 180° change in someone. What I said was to the effect of :

"I don't know enough about Putin to give him a sweeping conclusion. I can tell you I'm not afraid of the man. I can tell you I admire the way he handles himself during press conferences, and I admire his patience when dealing with the US. I can tell you that as far as I can see, he is, in a sense, keeping the balance in the world."

Well, my friend found himself "shocked" to hear that opinion from me.

"But what about his human rights violations?" He asked.
"What about his suppression of the press, and anti-gay rhetoric?"

After sharing my examples with him, he of course, didn't have any literature handy, so I told him to link me because I would love to understand his viewpoint. But then it got weirder. He began to grill me on Hillary, and why it was BAD that Comey did what he did, and how it was BAD that it changed the views of many people, even though I told him I was already seeing things in a way that left me unphased by Comey. All of a sudden, because I halfway endorsed Putin, his stance from earlier in the night changed. But not only that, it changed in such a scripted way all I could do was form a correlation in rhetoric between those who support Hillary and those who are afraid of Russia. It was like one or the other would bring about both, complete with word for word mainstream script.

I just wanted to share that, for what it's worth. It truly was like having two different conversations with two different people. And man! I wish I had been recording because I gave the best little speech/rant on why she deserved to be in jail. It was so crisp, clean, and was just flowing from Providence :lol:

luc said:
angelburst29 said:

Geez, so Bernie is pouring oil into the fire. Wonder if they have some dirt on him, he really is totally clueless, or controlled opposition to begin with. Anyway, people are showing their colors big time it seems.

He really is totally clueless!!!

Email Reveals Clinton Camp Spied on Sanders Delegates Before Convention
http://observer.com/2016/11/email-reveals-clinton-camp-spied-on-sanders-delegates-before-convention/

In a May email released by DC Leaks, Marlon Marshall, the director of states and political engagement for the Hillary Clinton campaign, forwarded two documents to several top Clinton staffers. One of these was a spreadsheet of detailed information about several Bernie Sanders supporters and Sanders delegates. This was described as part of a “Unity Check” for the Democratic Party.

“Second doc is the research we have on Bernie delegates to date,” wrote Marshall. “This is more of a FYI for everyone so you can see the type of information we are gathering.”

The amount of research, background and personal data the Clinton campaign gathered and circulated among its staff is disturbing. The email reveals they conducted research on Sanders delegates, monitored their social media accounts and graded them on how susceptible they would be to defecting from Sanders to Clinton.

Some 713 Sanders delegates were profiled. Included in the Clinton campaign’s spreadsheet was information on the states the delegates lived in, their email addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, history of donations made to political campaigns based on data from the FEC, short biographies and levels of Sanders support.

“Denise Groves is critical of Hillary Clinton for being a war hawk and she hopes for a contested convention. All of her Facebook posts are strong pro-Bernie. https://www.gofundme.com/DelegateDenise,” read a bio on a Sanders delegate from Maine.

“Tweeted, ‘Just changed my voter registration from Democrat to Unaffiliated,’ ” noted a brief on Ohio Sanders delegate Katharine Jones.

“Tweeted, ‘Irregular activities at polls in Massachusetts. Bill Clinton was taking photos and handing out materials. Ask DNC to cancel HRC delegates’ [sic] Posted on Facebook ‘never HRC’ and shared photo with Bernie’s logo saying ‘write him in.’ From Facebook: ‘I will leave the DEMs if they rig this primary for HRC…get $$$$ out of politics.’ Dr. Randi Pokladnik was born and raised in Ohio. She earned an associate degree in Environmental Engineering, a BA in Chemistry, MA and PhD in Environmental Studies,” read another bio.

“She protested the 2012 State of the Union. http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16079coll32/id/246557 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/coleen-rowley/minnesotans-for-peace-to_b_434769.html,” said a bio on Minnesota Sanders delegate Delia Jurek.

This research from the Clinton campaign is disturbing and highly unethical, especially given how Sanders delegates were treated at the Democratic National Convention.

Former Ohio State Sen. Nina Turner, a popular Sanders surrogate, is included on the list. The Democratic National Committee (DNC) banned Turner from introducing Sanders at the convention without any explanation. Turner said in an interview with Mother Jones that the Clinton campaign was likely responsible.

After Clinton’s nomination was announced at the convention, Sanders delegates staged a walkout. WikiLeaks‘ release of DNC emails had already confirmed criticisms from Sanders supporters that the DNC was colluding with the Clinton campaign to help Clinton win the nomination. The DNC allegedly replaced the empty seats in the convention with paid actors to try to debunk the narrative that the Democratic Party was torn over Clinton.

When Sanders delegates chanted “No More War” and “No TPP,” the Democratic Party orchestrated counter chants in attempt to drown out the Sanders supporters. Sanders delegates held up signs at the convention protesting Clinton and the DNC, but the Democratic Party had the signs taken from those Sanders delegates.

This “Unity Check” conducted by the Clinton campaign, and pushed by the DNC, was part of a narrative designed to eradicate any notion that Sanders supporters would not support Clinton in the general election.

In addition to this narrative, Clinton consistently touted endorsements from Republican establishment elites while mainstream media journalists claimed these endorsements signaled the Republican Party was breaking up over Donald Trump. The opposite turned out to be true, as Trump’s victory over Clinton was symptomatic of the totalitarian hubris exercised by the Clinton campaign and DNC. Nine percent of Democrats voted for Trump over Clinton, with voter turnout for Clinton paling in comparison to those who turned out to vote for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.

The constant lies that Clinton was a solid candidate for the Democratic Party—under the presupposition that the party was completely united—backfired.

The scapegoating of third parties couldn’t explain why Clinton lost key states throughout the Rust Belt by wide margins—or that states which previously voted for Obama chose Trump instead. Clinton’s embarrassing defeat is what happens when a political party rigs their primaries to nominate their preferred candidate—one who embodies the elitist status quo.

George Soros and his fellow liberal mega-donors are currently readying the post-Hillary Clinton Democratic party to oppose President-Elect Donald Trump.

Soros Prepares For Trump War
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/14/soros-prepares-for-trump-war/

George Soros and his fellow liberal mega-donors are currently readying the post-Hillary Clinton Democratic party to oppose President-Elect Donald Trump.

According to Politico, Soros and other key members of the so-called “Democracy Alliance” met in Washington, DC at the Mandarin Oriental hotel on Sunday for the first day of the group’s three-day investment conference.

The Democracy Alliance has funneled upwards of $500 million toward liberal activist groups and candidates since Soros co-founded the group in 2005.

DA requires all members — which in 2016 includes more than 100 “finance titans” — to donate at least $200,000 a year to approved activist groups.

But the issues the DA and DNC traditionally use to mobilize liberal voters — a la climate change — failed to pull white, working class support away from Trump and the GOP, which as one Democrat operative put, should “[call] into question… the DA itself.”

Therefore, at this year’s meeting, Soros and other liberal leaders — including Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren and Keith Ellison — will discuss opposing Trump’s plan for his first 100 days in office, a plan the DA called “a terrifying assault on President Obama’s achievements, and our progressive vision for an equitable and just nation.”

Trump has pledged that his first 100 days in office will be dedicated to restoring “honesty, accountability and change to Washington.” (RELATED: Trump’s Seven Point Plan To ‘Drain The Swamp’)

His plan consists of seven points and several legislative initiatives centered on limiting the power of the federal government empowering the American working class.

1.A Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
2.A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)
3.A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated
4.A five year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
5.A lifetime ban on the White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
6.A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
7.Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.

Pearce said:
I just wanted to share that, for what it's worth. It truly was like having two different conversations with two different people. And man! I wish I had been recording because I gave the best little speech/rant on why she deserved to be in jail. It was so crisp, clean, and was just flowing from Providence :lol:

Pearce, that was very interesting, thanks for sharing. I can only speculate, but we talk a lot about 'programming' and 'programs' here, and maybe what happens to some (many?) people is that their programming by society borders on what we know about Greenbaum programming. That is, your mild praise of Putin literally activated a program, causing your friend to switch personalities. How was that program 'installed'? I guess there are many possibilities, maybe it's just believing the lies in the media, maybe an identification with someone who is very anti-Putin, maybe some strong emotions (either good or bad) connected to this issue. Hard to say, but it shows how the programming by society, media etc. can literally lead to a split of personality and the activation of a program by certain 'trigger concepts'. Fwiw

Back
Top Bottom