Donations

Thomas Alan

The Living Force
QFG Inc
PO Box 4322
Boulder, CO 80306

Is this address still vaild for donations if I want to pay by money order?

Thomas

[quote author=Mac 24 June 09]

QFG Inc
PO Box 4322
Boulder, CO 80306

Is this address still valid for donations if I want to pay by money order?

[/quote]

I don't know if this PO Box is being monitored, but I sent a cheque last year by registered post, and I don't think it arrived. Have QFG had any other complaints about donations not arriving?

Manuel said:
Hy:
My credit card can't make transactions in euros. Is there a way to make the donation in dollars?

Well, if the credit card is from one of the major companies like MasterCard or Visa, they should do the exchange rate for you when you donate. Sometimes they will charge a small fee of a couple dollars/pesos/whatever. For most cards, paying for something in another currency is transparent to the card user.

However, if indeed your card company is being evil, then there is the possibility of sending a check or money order in $US to the QFG address in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Manuel said:
Hy:
My credit card can't make transactions in euros. Is there a way to make the donation in dollars?

As one solution, you can send:

Check or Money Order:
You can mail a check or money order in US dollars (or an anonymous 5 dollars or euros in a greeting card) to the following address:

QFG, Inc.
PO Box 4322
Boulder CO 80306
USA

bedower said:
I don't know if this PO Box is being monitored, but I sent a cheque last year by registered post, and I don't think it arrived. Have QFG had any other complaints about donations not arriving?

According to the person who manages the PO box, the cheque of which you are speaking did arrive. Unfortunately, it was written in Great British Pounds on an Egyptian bank and when an attempt was made to deposit the donation, the issuing bank refused payment on the check. This is one of the several reasons we request all donations via check or money order sent to the PO box in the United States be issued in the US dollars.

[quote author=Anart today] the issuing bank refused payment on the check. [/quote]

Hi Anart,

Thanks for your reply. Well, at least the cheque arrived, and should have been honoured.

By 'issuing bank' would that be the bank whose name is on the cheque - my bank, in other words? I'm a bit confused, because I opened a sterling cheque account specifically so I could send cheques abroad. I was assured there would be no problem about the recipient cashing the cheque in any country. The QFG was the first cheque I sent off.
Could you (or anyone) clarify this for me, because if it was my bank (which is a French bank, as far as I know, just with branches in Egypt) then I need to go and have a serious talk with them.

Some good news regarding making a donation is I finally have an Internet debit (?) card, so I will try to make a donation that way early tomorrow, when I'm a bit more awake (it's been a long day!) It will be in Egyptian pounds, but my new bank has assured me (!) that it will work for donations and that the host site will exchange automatically for any currency as Kresnik pointed out; in the QFG's case, to US dollars.

Let's hope all the gremlins are fast asleep when I try!

Mac said:
QFG Inc
PO Box 4322
Boulder, CO 80306

Is this address still vaild for donations if I want to pay by money order?

Thomas
Since postal services are "dead" in my country, will DHL be able to deliver to this address? Will they not need someone for receipt acknowledgement?

Marcus-Aurelius said:
Since postal services are "dead" in my country, will DHL be able to deliver to this address? Will they not need someone for receipt acknowledgement?

You would have to check with DHL. I do not think they will deliver to a Post Office Box simply because no one is there to sign for it - but I don't know that for sure, you'd have to check.

bedower said:
By 'issuing bank' would that be the bank whose name is on the cheque - my bank, in other words?

Yes. The check was processed for payment and returned by the your bank.

Just one question. By money order is it meant real money, like a bill, or something else? If not can one send a bill in Euros for example?

Green_Manalishi said:
Just one question. By money order is it meant real money, like a bill, or something else? If not can one send a bill in Euros for example?

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_order
A money order is purchased for the amount desired. In this way it is similar to a certified check. The main difference is that money orders are usually limited in maximum face value to some specified figure (for example, the United States Postal Service limits domestic postal money orders to US $1,000.00 as of July 2010[update]) while certified checks are not. Money orders typically consist of two portions: the negotiable check for remittance to the payee, and a receipt or stub that the customer retains for his/her records. The amount is printed by machine or checkwriter on both portions, and similar documentation, either as a third hard copy or in electronic form and retained at the issuer and agent locations.

So a Money Order, isn't just sending money.

As to sending in Euros....

anart said:
Unfortunately, it was written in Great British Pounds on an Egyptian bank and when an attempt was made to deposit the donation, the issuing bank refused payment on the check. This is one of the several reasons we request all donations via check or money order sent to the PO box in the United States be issued in the US dollars.

Dormant thread, but I guess appropriate for my question.

I'd like to send out a donation today, but was pondering the whole state of affairs as far as the donation getting to the PO Box. Would it be overly cautious to send it certified receipt or insured, or would this make it more tedious for whomever is picking up the mail? I'd feel better if there were some sort of confirmation that the money order made it to its' destination (wouldn't mind paying the extra fee, either). A quick thank you from QFG would confirm, but if it doesn't even make it to begin with, then we're both out $$.
Trying to stay one step ahead...

Just a quick response to the dead postal department comment... we've been spreading the word to others to take any "junk" mail that is accompanied by a SASE and stuff them with any inserts that don't have any identifying info. and send it back to the origin postage paid. Or better yet, fill them with information WE would like to share with the employees who will be opening this mail. Oooo, and it can be done with some of the political campaign solicitations, too.
The PO gets paid for these to go through the mail, which cost the sender (usually credit card companies). Since this junk mail gets sorted here into burn and recycle piles, I feel less disgruntled about the time spent doing this knowing it will support the USPS at the expense of the "fat takers".

Skyfarmr said:
Dormant thread, but I guess appropriate for my question.

I'd like to send out a donation today, but was pondering the whole state of affairs as far as the donation getting to the PO Box. Would it be overly cautious to send it certified receipt or insured, or would this make it more tedious for whomever is picking up the mail? I'd feel better if there were some sort of confirmation that the money order made it to its' destination (wouldn't mind paying the extra fee, either). A quick thank you from QFG would confirm, but if it doesn't even make it to begin with, then we're both out $$.
Trying to stay one step ahead...

Whatever makes you comfortable is fine. Yes, the certified receipt option takes more time at delivery, but in the grand scheme of things, standing in line at the post office is not a huge deal. If sending a money order, just please make sure it is in US dollars and drawn on a US bank.

Back
Top Bottom