Dream Work

I would say that the main thing about dream work is not to get all worked up about systems, clocks, etc etc. but simply this from Psyche's post:

Work on the problem a lot. A period of intense mental work on a problem before sleep, "instructs" the subconscious mind that this is important, and it will continue to work on the problem during sleep.

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread.....I was not sure what to try and explore last night, so I went to bed with the more general aim of asking for reflections....what I need to know about myself to help move forwards.....the other thing that was on my mind where my reactions to the nexus conference events.
I didn't realise it until I was half way through writing down the dreams I had (took me over an hour) how incredibly thick and consistant the symbols where...geez :shock:
I can't say I quite get it yet, I need time to sit and digest/interpret the dreams.....I have no idea why I've never turned my ability to read others dreams inwards.

This is interesting. I've been having especially vivid dreams the last few weeks, jotting them down in facebook notes when I get to work. I'm horrible at dream interpretation, so I usually only write them down, note the feelings associated, etc. I'll try working out a problem with this method and see where it takes me. Thanks for all the advices everyone.

When I was 16-17 I used to revise maths in my dreams and later some academic problems had been solved that way.
Last week I had a lot of vivid dreams which I could not explain, they were different from what I used to. And this week I'm very very emotional, almost feeling it in my skin. I started to ask myself yesterday what's going on (why doing the meditation before to sleep) and for the first time since a long time I didn't remember the dream this morning and the strong emotion is still here (today I am more concentrated on orthograph than yesterday though). Will see what will come out tonight with the whole meditation and maybe a little melatonin to help remember.

Thank you for this thread and the input given by you all so far. :)
I find it very helpful to make a first earnest approach to working with my dreams together with doing the EE program.

Currently I am doing some observations of my dreams since especially the past two years. If I find a dream particular interesting and applicable to my life or if I regard it as an answer to a question, that has been given to me by my subconscious mind I write it down in a dream journal. That happens occasionally. Some dreams that I found interesting have not been written down by me; I kept them in mind and they are still there. As others wrote here, it is similar with me: my dreams increased since EE and I more or less often wake up with the feeling, that there is some meaning in them. Other dreams seem downright senseless and they do not receive much consideration.
But maybe they yet have some hidden meaning in regard of my approach to life etc. I just do not feel the motivation to write them down, if they do not seem very interesting or meaningful. Well, maybe I should change that...

Since I am doing EE, I also keep an EE journal where I also write down some questions that seem important to me and where I also take notes of dreams that interfere with those topics of life and questions of life, I write down in my EE journal.
Regarding EE, I noticed that after meditation still keeping the POTS in mind and going to sleep that way, I had some very intense and vivid dreams (in one dream I could even see the texture of the wood of a chair). I just have some hard time to remember most of them in the morning well enough, it's pretty fragmentary and often I forget them then very quickly. Especially if I wake up abruptly, due to alarm or something else.

Maybe making a commitment I want to remember my dream as good as I can before bedtime, as suggested here, and then trying to remember the dream as good as possible by not moving my body when I wake up might be a good approach. Then to write it down or record it on MP3-Player and revisit it later. After some dreams are already recorded or written down, maybe some symbolic pattern will become visible. Maybe I also might get, to what it relates in life, to which inner programs they point and maybe I will get an idea from them, that will enhance the Work on myself in a good way.

Dream Work and EE (my take on it or how I will try it):
Doing the Dream Work in general - it might be indeed quite good to think about those matters (inner questions, programs etc.) intensively just right before bedtime (maybe while getting changed etc.), no matter if doing the EE before sleep or not. For those doing the EE before sleep (like me) it might be helpful to then ponder about the problem by doing the Breathing and then letting the subconscious mind taking it over while doing the POTS and aligning with DCM. And then going over to sleep. Maybe the subconscious mind will deal with the particular problem or question in the language of dreams.
For those doing the EE around the day, it might maybe be helpful, to think about the problem or question just before starting the session and also while doing the Breathing, and then letting the subconscious mind take it over while doing the POTS. Maybe a new approach to or line/aspect of the problem comes from the EE session, and this approach can be then pondered about before sleep later at bedtime and considered by the subconsciousness by dreaming. My two cents ;)

Thanks for starting this thread, this is a great opportunity to finally do proper dream work. For a number of years I used to write down my dreams as I have very vivid dreams, sometimes it takes me some time to get back to 'normal' in the morning. As others have said I never really did anything with the material, being reluctant to re-read my scribbled notes, as well as not really having a system in place to work with them.

Franco said:
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but melatonin helps a lot in remembering dreams.

FWIW I've used melatonin for a some time and did experience very vivid dreams, more than usual, as well as recall. I'm not using melatonin anymore and after starting E/E I've found that the dream recall/vividness is similar as when using melatonin.

I’ve known for some time that there was something sitting in my guts…something that I really didn’t understand and couldn’t move.

I made a conscious decision over a couple of days to remember what it was about. I had a memory surface during waking hours of an incident from early childhood, maybe around 2yo. I’m not sure if it is my biological father or the man who was to become my step father or some other man in the memory. We are by an inland salt water lake, it is winter and I’m rugged up wearing winter clothes. We are parked by the lake and I’m exploring the waters edge where I see a crab that scurries into the water. The adult male present picks me up and throws me into the water where the crab disappeared then laughs at my fear of being bitten by the crab and the shock of the cold water. I hear my mothers voice in the background…angry at the man, but not really feeling any compassion from her…more frustrated at the inconvenience that I was upset and that we’d have to leave to get a change of clothes for me.

Whilst I do POTS before sleep and the Pipe breath/warriors breath/POTS portion of the EE twice a week, I don’t recall any dreams in relationship to this. However, my partner says that I woke her up two nights in a row screaming for ‘mummy’ in my sleep.

Laura said:
I would say that the main thing about dream work is not to get all worked up about systems, clocks, etc etc. but simply this from Psyche's post:

Work on the problem a lot. A period of intense mental work on a problem before sleep, "instructs" the subconscious mind that this is important, and it will continue to work on the problem during sleep.

Actually laura, you talk about this issue of intense mental work before going to sleep about 1/8 of the way through your new great camelot interview where you are explaining how you recovered those lost memories as an abducted child. I had meant to go back and transcribe the section for this post, but perhaps it may be better if others just listened to the interview themselves? :flowers:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17439.0

Franco said:
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but melatonin helps a lot in remembering dreams.
I do use melatonin from time to time when I feel a lot of stress before doing the whole EE program. I take one 3mg pill after the Ba-ha breathing in order not to fall asleep during meditation.

I've tried this a few nights in a row. The first night I wrote the dream down but reading it now I can't really remember the essence of it. I know I lost my retainer, which looked like actual teeth and I was very angry to try and find it. The second night I was lying in bed trying to think of an issue to work on and I fell asleep. Last night was interesting.

I was feeling like a turd yesterday because the last couple times I drew this guy's blood it clotted and had to be redrawn but when others drew it it was fine, so this whole "you're an incompetent idiot who always screws things up and I'm sure this dude thinks you're a doofus" loop started. I was thinking about self-importance and inner considering and how it can impede my performance at work so I asked how to be able to better see myself and my programs and possibly some steps to overcome it. I had a very vivid dream that my house -- the house I grew up in -- was on fire but only the left side was burning. Some relatives were in the house with me and I ran up to the attic, my room, to grab valuables. The floor of my room was covered in clothes but I manged to save my favorite pair of jeans. I was yelling at one of my brothers to put my pictures, money and diaries in a bag and we went downstairs and called 911. I freaked out and started crying when I thought my diaries were burned but they ended up okay. The fire never burned through to the attic, even though my cat's beely was singed when he ran down the steps, and we all ended up staying in the house while it was on fire. The fire eventually went out. Later my cousin announced that she was losing her hearing and I started yelling at her about her diet and my mother then yelled at me that I was violating her free will. Then she made us all get in a circle and pray and I was thinking what a hypocrite she was. I woke up at 3am to write it down in the dark.

So left side = intellect? And staying in the house while it burned = intentional suffering, heating the crucible?? These are just my guesses. Is this how dream work works? Or would it be something more concrete? Maybe I started too big on this one :rolleyes: but it makes sense to me.

Odyssey said:
I was feeling like a turd yesterday because the last couple times I drew this guy's blood it clotted and had to be redrawn but when others drew it it was fine, so this whole "you're an incompetent idiot who always screws things up and I'm sure this dude thinks you're a doofus" loop started. I was thinking about self-importance and inner considering and how it can impede my performance at work so I asked how to be able to better see myself and my programs and possibly some steps to overcome it.

We're human - we're not perfect. Some days the blood we pull will clot. Don't let your negative introject (your programs) tear you down for being human.

o said:
So left side = intellect? And staying in the house while it burned = intentional suffering, heating the crucible?? These are just my guesses. Is this how dream work works? Or would it be something more concrete? Maybe I started too big on this one :rolleyes: but it makes sense to me.

As you've probably picked up, a house in dreams usually symbolizes the mind. Higher levels of the house are the personality, the 'surface levels' of the mind while the basement tends to symbolize the subconscious (usually - the dreamer is best suited to interpret the dream). The left side is the feminine - and symbolizes the receptive, the female and the mother. Consider your mother's comment in your dream, you might have a clue there. The left side of your house was on fire and being destroyed - 'everyone' (representing aspects of yourself) ran and survived and stayed in your mind, but there was conflict and there are clues. Sounds like something to think about! fwiw.

This thread is very interesting.

Some time ago I started having dreams, mostly nightmares. I link them to the EE program. I suspect might be related to the full program plus POTS. Most time I fall asleep when POTS. When I do not ... the dreams are intense (need to check carefully).

I read this thread and before ending it I started writing about dreams. This is to comment that writing helps me a lot. This is choosing words to simplify ideas and put concepts together. I revisited main dreams and realised of some common elements. I generally have ideas, concepts, a context where action take place. I also find it almost impossible to remember character faces. Often I think I'm alone in the scene or others do not react to my presence. Mostly I'm an spectator. During writing a new perspective came, and changed completely the original first idea. When you cannot recognise one character you assume who might be, when choosing another one ... all fits.

Summary: I consider writing about dreams helps me a lot. At least you can pass pages and check if something is recurrent, repeated, a dejavu.

Thankyou for starting this thread on dreamwork, reading through everyones threads it seems that we all have done some dreamwork in one form or another. I still document all my vivid dreams albeit I don't really know how to interpret and engage them really, lately most have been quite violent even some apocolyptic but I am almost always brave in them. I tend to be the insightful one trying to save people in a genocidal/chemical warzone situation in many of them. When I share them my friends freak out at some of the events I've experienced saying that's horrible to dream this or that, I feel it's a transmutation/purging of some kind. I fly a lot in dreams too which is a nicer comparison to the heavier material I work through in some dreams. I'm going to follow this thread with interest, it's great to share in this large topic!

It seems to me that even more important than writing in your journal after the dream is writing in your journal just before going to bed. That is how we can "engineer" our future.

Back
Top Bottom