Drunvalo Melchizedek PsyOps

Well, I'm about 9 years behind, but at least I have a place to fact check! Thanks, folks.

I remember being highly skeptical of this forum and Laura's work. I'm still dubious, but I find myself coming here routinely to do forum searches by which I fact check and determine which information is worth pursuing and which is loaded with half-truths and attempts to lead the seeker down false paths.

I respect the lack of 'salesmanship' for your works. There seems to be no pressure to 'join or suffer horribly' here. More like a join and enlighten yourself and when you're ready, engage in the spiritual exercises we recommend. If it resonates, engage more, question more, work on yourself and perhaps when we feel you're ready we will evaluate you and determine whether you're a good fit for our network. I admire that. It's similar to the way I select clients to work for, though I have a rather pressing fiduciary responsibility which limits my selectivity somewhat. The point is that I won't work for people with whom I detect deficiencies of character or are highly probable to take from me as much as they can while I give my best to them before I file my invoices. I prefer people that don't push too hard upon others the criteria by which they evaluate themselves. I feel you folks push just the right amount and am happy, in the limited capacity by which I participate, to continue doing so.

Thanks, again!

Well I'm glad I took the time to read through this thread... I attended a merkaba workshop 5 years ago, it was my first experience or session where I learned a technique of meditation. Something didn't stick and I felt the need to go further and attended the vipsssana 10day meditation. Learning this technique (vipsssana) was beneficial to me. The process of going away to a silent retreat where there is no talking, reading, writing or anything other than learning a technique of meditation, was, from my perspective, a worthwhile experience.

Are there others in the forum that have learned the vipsssana mediation?

focus said:
Well I'm glad I took the time to read through this thread... I attended a merkaba workshop 5 years ago, it was my first experience or session where I learned a technique of meditation. Something didn't stick and I felt the need to go further and attended the vipsssana 10day meditation. Learning this technique (vipsssana) was beneficial to me. The process of going away to a silent retreat where there is no talking, reading, writing or anything other than learning a technique of meditation, was, from my perspective, a worthwhile experience.

I have been in FOL/Merkaba workshops too -- I started this thread 10 years ago. In fact, it was my very first post in this forum :O. Oh my, how time flies by, and how much has happened in the meantime! :)

I believe you when you say that this meditation was a worthwhile experience for you. However, no matter which workshop one visits, which meditation one practices, it is always good to be critical, to analyze, to question, to never stop in one's personal quest.

For me, the FOL/Merkaba was merely a landmark, and I moved beyond it. But back then I was looking for something, and I found part of it in these workshops. For that, I am indeed grateful even though Drunvalo's teaching may be problematic when one has a closer look.

thanks for your response, Data and for your initial posting regarding the FOL. The worthwhile experience I was referring to was the vipassana technique, not the FOL.

_http://www.dhamma.org/en-US/about/vipassana

Back
Top Bottom