Dyatlov Pass incident

Thank you, Radagast, for the correction. I took this meaning from here http://indoeuro.bizland.com/project/phonetics/word30.html . This in itself is curious, osit. Giants are usually portrayed as malevolent entities, similar to demons.

I would like to point out possible connection to what happened to the Dyatlov's group and that, when the tragedy had happened, the members of the group carried with them mineral specimens containing pyrite, and how it possibly connects to the recent finding of pyrite spheres beneath Teotihuacan pyramid, the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, discussed in this thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31228.msg413186.html#msg413186

Here is what Laura marked in bold about the properties and uses of pyrite... from wikipedia:

"During the early years of the 20th century, pyrite was used as a mineral detector in radio receivers, and is still used by 'crystal radio' hobbyists. Until the vacuum tube matured, the crystal detector was the most sensitive and dependable detector available- with considerable variation between mineral types and even individual samples within a particular type of mineral."

This is what I wrote:

" Interesting coincidence. For the last couple of days, I've been researching the materials on Dyatlov's pass incident http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,27071.msg413028.html#msg413028 and I have found this http://www.kp.ru/daily/25918/2871753/ ( it's in Russian, therefore this is my translation):

" In the settlement North# 2 (the last inhabited settlement) [ my note: before they went to the mountain Kholat Syakhl], they...at that time, still accompanied by Yudin, who left the group later on... visited a repository of geological specimens. They took with them a couple of stones."

And here http://samlib.ru/p/piskarewa_m_l/zolotarev.shtml :

A note from the Dyatlovs' group journal dated January 28, 1959:

Zina Kolmogorova's :

"... Yura Yudin is leaving. He took a couple of samples (specimens). I saw this ore for the first time... Here there're a lot of pyrite (iron pyrite) and chalcopyrite."

Then, "... in his notebooks journalist K. Grigoryev points out that " in all backpacks [that belong to the members of the Dyatlov's group], stones with traces of pyrite had been found'. Later, the writer of the article says this: "It is curious, why is that the official investigators never mentioned that the pieces of mineral specimens were present in the backpacks of the group members". Then, he discusses rumors that Dyatlov's group members were carrying gold and that is why they were killed.

Could it be that the presence of these mineral specimens in the backpacks of the Dyatlov's group alerted some entities of their presence in the area ?"

The discussion on this Russian website was about the unusual circumstances when, right before the group began to climb the mountain, one member of the group, Yuri Yudin, left carrying some (the question was: some or all of them) of these mineral samples, because he got sick. The initial group consisted of 10 people, but there were 9 that died.

FWIW My daughter just posted this on Facebook. Her father wrote the book and is 'consultant' for a film soon to be made about this. He is my first EX husband. Don't know whether he would have got to any 'truths' without this forum but I cannot get the book here to find out. Enough said:

"Check out my dad's book Mountain of the Dead: The Dyatlov Incident

Great new book about the true story of the weird deaths of nine skiers in Russia in 1959 who disappeared and when they were found some of them had massive car crash type internal injuries but no external scratches or marks. The book looks at what happened and how they might have died. Coming out as a film in the USA in August as Devil’s Pass (blu ray on 23rd August in Britain)."

Latest Update. It appears they are none the 'wiser'. But of course it would not be permitted to print the truth:

Secret Soviet death rays. Yetis. Aliens. Just what did slaughter nine hikers on Siberia's Death Mountain in 1959?

Dyatlov Pass Indicent is one of the eeriest mysteries in Russian history
Nine experienced Russian skiers died of inexplicable causes

By Tony Rennell

PUBLISHED: 22:39 GMT, 23 August 2013 | UPDATED: 22:48 GMT, 23 August 2013

Daily Mail Newspaper Online (there are also a few pictures in the article)
Peering through the windswept snow on a dark February day, the rescue party finally came on the first sign of life — the flapping remains of a tent pitched on ski poles on an uppermost slope of Kholat Syakhl, ‘Mountain of the Dead’ in the native language of northern Siberia.

But where were the nine young Russian students who should have been sheltering beneath the canvas?

Curiosity turned to mystery as human tracks were seen in the snow heading downhill away from the tent in single file for a third of a mile... barefoot human tracks.
Oblivious to what fate had in store: Four of the victims - Nicolai Thibeaux-Brignolle, Luda Dubinina, Semyon Zolotarev and Zina Kolmogorova

Oblivious to what fate had in store: Four of the victims - Nicolai Thibeaux-Brignolle, Luda Dubinina, Semyon Zolotarev and Zina Kolmogorova

In temperatures of minus 24! And mystery became horror when an inspection of the tent showed its front flaps still buttoned tightly together but huge knife slashes down the sides — through which the occupants apparently fled.

Inside was like the Mary Celeste, with everything intact — warm clothes, waterproof jackets, blankets and sweaters that would have been essential to survive in the Siberian weather; plus cameras, diaries and cooking utensils, all apparently abandoned in a moment of madness.

More...

Have archaeologists discovered the grave of Alexander the Great? Experts find enormous marble tomb fit for a king in Greece
Crime author claims to have new evidence that his own FATHER was the Black Dahlia murderer

So began the story of what became known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident, one that has baffled the world for more than half a century since whatever horrific tragedy overtook the nine in February 1959.

They had been missing for almost a month after trekking out into the bleak wildness of the Ural mountains — seven men and two women, all of them fit, hardy and experienced hikers on what was supposed to be a short and invigorating break from their graduate studies.
Eerie: The tent as the rescuers found it on February 26, 1959, which had been cut open from inside

Eerie: The tent as the rescuers found it on February 26, 1959, which had been cut open from inside

Haunting photographs from the film in their cameras show the happy and relaxed faces of good friends on an exhilarating adventure, capturing their journey by train, road and on foot to this desolate area.

They smile out fresh-faced and jolly from black-and-white snaps, rugged, healthy young people in the anoraks, plus-fours, waterproof galoshes and gaiters of the day, oblivious to what fate has in store for them.

When they failed to return, search parties went out, with every expectation of finding at least some survivors — hopes that were soon dashed.

The first bodies — frostbitten and frozen stiff — were discovered lying in the snow on flat land near a river, a mile from the tent, next to the remains of a long burnt-out fire.

Around 350 yards away lay the corpse of Igor Dyatlov, the 23-year-old engineering student from Ural Polyetchnic who had put the expedition together and was its leader. (His name would later be given to the area where the tragedy took place.)

Nearby, a search dog sniffed out the remains of Zina Kolmogorova, 22, under four inches of snow, and then that of Rustem Slobodin. The bodies were in a line 200 yards apart, as if they had been trying to crawl behind each other back up to the shelter of the tent, but never made it.

Another two months went by before the rest of the group were found, under 15ft of snow in a den they had desperately hollowed out for themselves before succumbing to the cold.

Some of this group had broken bones and terrible internal injuries but, strangely, no external wounds, not even scratches on the skin.

Stranger still, odd bits of their clothing contained higher than normal levels of radiation.

Indeed, post-mortem examinations of all nine bodies threw up a string of bewildering anomalies. Why were some fully clothed, but others nearly naked? Most disconcerting of all was Lyudmilla Dubinina’s body, which was missing her tongue and eyes.
Unsolved mystery: The skiers setting up camp on February 2, 1959 in a photo taken from a roll of film found at the camp of the Dyatlov Pass

Unsolved mystery: The skiers setting up camp on February 2, 1959 in a photo taken from a roll of film found at the camp of the Dyatlov Pass

What had gone on in those dark and dreadful hours on the Mountain of the Dead? What had caused nine highly educated, young adults to plunge panic-stricken into the sub-zero night to their deaths?

The official Soviet investigator into the tragedy, Lev Ivanov, could find no answers. He concluded in his hastily composed report that all nine deaths had been caused by what he described as ‘an unknown elemental force which they were unable to overcome’.

Privately, he told people he thought they’d been killed by aliens in a UFO.

And that was where official investigations ended. Case closed. Access to the entire area was sealed off from prying eyes for the next four years, by which time the authorities believed this incident would have disappeared off the radar, as many strange happenings did in the old Soviet empire.

But the mystery would not go away. The ingredients were too potent.

Now the riddle has been revisited in a new book by British writer and researcher Keith McCloskey. It is also the subject of a gripping new film — released this weekend — by Hollywood director Renny Harlin, a veteran of mystery, thriller and horror movies.

‘There is no theory that makes sense,’ says Harlin, ‘only guesses.’ And he’s right. The explanations put forward over the years for what made the Dyatlov Nine flee mindlessly from the relative haven of their tent to die in the snow range from the obvious to the bizarre and then to the insane, with large doses of conspiracy theory along the way.

There is the sexual explanation, for example — did a massive drunken punch-up break out among the men, possibly over advances made to the alluring Zina Kolmogorova? But while human nature is always suspect in the claustrophobic conditions of a tent on a blizzard-swept mountainside, that doesn’t explain why they fled en masse into the night.

Wild bears on the prowl for prey are another proposition — but no animal tracks were found.

An avalanche might have been enough for them to lose their nerve and run. Perhaps, in confusion, they raced away from the immediate danger but then could not find their way back in the pitch black of the night and against Arctic winds.

Yet there was no sign of snow pouring over the tent, which was still largely upright when found. And these were experienced adult hikers, not likely to be easily scared. At least one of them surely would have kept calm enough not to join the lemming rush to their doom?

Were they, perhaps, caught up in some bizarre military accident in the lonely (and top secret) vastness of the Russian interior — a missile misfiring or a low-flying jet sending out shock waves and noise that frightened them out of their wits?

This was the height of the Cold War with both sides of the East-West divide searching for the ultimate weapon to knock the other out. But there is no evidence of experimental weapons sites within hundreds of miles.

There has been speculation about the development of ultra-sonic weapons that destroy with sound alone, but no proof that such arms even exist.

What is known is that nearby the Mountain of the Dead were gulag camps for those unfortunates who crossed the Communist leadership in Moscow. Could a bunch of desperate escapees have pounced on the unsuspecting hikers and slaughtered them?
Experienced skiers: Yuri Yudin hugging Lyudmila Dubinina as he prepares to leave the group due to illness, which saved his life as he left the expedition before the deaths

Experienced skiers: Yuri Yudin hugging Lyudmila Dubinina as he prepares to leave the group due to illness, which saved his life as he left the expedition before the deaths

Or were the campers — as another unprovable theory suggests — collateral damage after a mass escape of criminal thugs from one camp in the area?

This was supposedly foiled by the KGB using missiles loaded with nerve gas or vacuum bombs that sucked the oxygen from the air — perhaps explaining the internal injuries some of the hikers suffered.

But there were no other footprints in the snow around the site suggesting more people were involved — which also rules out suggestions that the Nine stumbled on Soviet Spetznaz special forces testing secret weapons and were eliminated on the spot to shut them up.

Conspiracy theories are two-a-kopek. While sceptics might dismiss the Soviet investigator’s talk of aliens, believers are encouraged by reports of strange lights and ‘bright orbs’ hovering in the night sky at around this time.

The last photograph on the film in one of the cameras found in the tent appears to capture a giant flash against the night sky — but it could equally be the result of an accidental over-exposure.

Then we must consider (but quickly pass over) the possibility of wandering yetis or abominable snowmen pouncing on the hapless hikers and squeezing the life out of the victims with those massive internal injuries.

A centuries-old horror legend in the Urals speaks of a fearsome zolotaya baba — a ‘golden woman’ — lurking in the area.

But the simple fact is no theory holds up to scrutiny. As Keith McCloskey concludes, we will probably never know for sure what actually happened on that remote mountainside.

The one thing he feels sure about is that there was some sort of an official cover-up, which has served only to add to the mystery. But the Soviet Union was a place where concealing the truth was second nature to officials, high and low.

Accidents were routinely airbrushed from the record. Twenty years after the Dyatlov incident, a fatal release of anthrax from a germ warfare research establishment in the Urals was hushed up. The KGB seized all hospital records and, to this day, the site is off-limits.

McCloskey blames the deaths of the Dyatlov Nine on some unspecified accident caused by the Soviet military, but precisely what and where and how eludes him and us.

Harlin’s provocative film, on the other hand, provides an answer.

With impressive starring roles for young British actresses Holly Goss and Gemma Atkinson, it follows five modern-day American students as they trek to the Urals to make a documentary about the Dyatlov disaster, then succumb to . . .

To what? It would be wrong for me to spoil the surprise for those who want to see this taut film drama for themselves. Let’s just say they stumble on a secret that builds slowly and atmospherically to a climax of horror that’s great on screen — but a time warp or two away from reality.

The mystery of the Mountain of the Dead goes on, as intriguing and unresolved as ever.
Mysterious landscape

Mysterious landscape: Siberia is known as a beautiful part of Russia but its desolate countryside can be unforgiving for walkers and hikers

The only certainty in the whole mind-bending story is the luck of the tenth member of the group, 21-year-old Yuri Yudin.

A fellow student, he set out on the expedition with the rest, but was in such pain from lumbago, exacerbated by the cold, that he reluctantly had to drop out three days before his friends reached the mountain and encountered whatever horror killed them.

That ‘unknown elemental force’ identified by the original Soviet investigator more than half a century ago still lacks a convincing name. There will undoubtedly be more theories in this story. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401175/Dyatlov-Pass-Indicent-slaughtered-hikers-Siberias-Death-Mountain-1959.html#ixzz2csWbaQ00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

happyliza said:
That ‘unknown elemental force’ identified by the original Soviet investigator more than half a century ago still lacks a convincing name. There will undoubtedly be more theories in this story. Watch this space.

I would suggest that that "name" might be: energetic feeding. A clue might be the missing eyes and tongue of one of the campers.

I've often thought that (some) animal mutilations are actually energetic feeding events involving terror/panic in a physically (motor sense) paralyzed state. Karla Turner (and many others) have described that motor paralysis in which physical motor control is lost but physical sensation remains as normal - during a high strangeness, "alien" encounter.

If an animal were to be subjected to the same while sensing the excision of sensitive organs and flesh, you can imagine the sense of internal terror/panic with no release through fight/flight. This terror/panic might represent a kind of energetic food for some bizarre hyper-dimensional entities.

In the book "The Hunt for Skinwalker", there is a passage that describes the Utah ranch owner and his wife on the porch of their ranch. They are suddenly confronted (at close range) by a blue orb that induces in them an extreme state of terror/panic (that is not acted on physically). It lasts for some time - with no rational/logical explanation for the terror. I'm suggesting the possibility of energetic feeding by the blue orb (or whatever it is). In this case the orb was capable of inducing the terror/panic directly on the brain.

Note in the article that happyliza posted - lights/orbs in the skies were seen in the area of the mountain.

Cases of human mutilation appear to be highly suppressed. I'm aware of two cases: one in Brazil and one in the (Nevada?) desert associated with a military airman (if I remember right). I saw a detailed presentation (on dvd) of the Brazilian case including photos and autopsy (translated from Portuguese). The autopsy stated that the man's prostate had been removed through the urethra. The body was mutilated in an eerily similar way as many cattle mutilations - with large patches of flesh removed from around the eyes (not to mention other organ removal).

On the flesh around the eyes, I have noticed that during EE pipe breathing, I can often feel energetic pockets moving around these areas and some twitching at times. I think these areas do store a lot of emotional energy that can be repressed in past experience. There might be something similar in the animal counterpart - thus the similarity in the facial mutilation patterns - particularly if these events are actually a form of energetic feeding.

If the mountain in the article above is anything like "Skinwalker Ranch", then all manner of strange (feeding) entities might manifest. If the Soviet PTB knew something of this, then they would certainly want to suppress this incident and followup investigations.

The campers certainly appear to have experienced extreme terror/panic - but without the loss of motor control. The bodily injuries they sustained may have served a similar purpose as the more conventional mutilations - a heightening of the terror/panic.

First, I would like to post some details about the Dyatlov pass incident from this Russian site _http://murders.ru/Dyatloff_group_1.html that I found interesting. The author makes bizarre conclusions, osit, but the information presented there is curious. There is also a good collection of photos there. But first, if someone could take a look at it, and tell me, if I'm to translate some of the material, wouldn't it be a copy right infringement?

For now, I'll just list some of the details and paraphrase what was said. I will only quote those parts that he quotes himself.

1. The author, A.I. Rakitin, talks about the intriguing nuance, related to the bodies found in the ravine, that wasn't included in the official criminal case. According to him, in memoirs written by G.E. Churkina, the same criminal investigator who examined Dyatlov group's tent in April, 1959, was this passage:

I was present during the coroner's examination of the bodies conducted by Boris Vozrozhdenniy. I remember clearly, when the clothes were removed from the bodies and hung on the ropes, all of us immediately noticed that the[clothes] had very strange light-violet purple?) hue, although the articles of clothing were of different colors [originally]. I asked Boris: "Don't you think that these clothing were treated with something?" He agreed."

He later writes that the answer to this mystery lies in the fact that "this coloring of clothing
of clothes with some strange substance" was observed only on clothes of people who's bodies were found in the creek." (creek was located near big ceader tree were first bodies were found). He then speculates that some kind of mineral dye were in the creek's water and that gave color to the water.

Later, he talks about the fact that Kholat Syakhl is a prominent magnetic anomaly zone. This was first pointed out by the investigator, E.V. Buayanov from St.Petersburg, who visited a place of the tragedy and discovered that the needle of the compass points out not to the North magnetic pole, but deviates to the west to 31 degrees. Then, he says that considering that for the Ivdel region the magnetic deviation accepted as pointing to the east and equal to 17 degrees 50' that means that this magnetic anomaly changes the compass readings as almost as 50 degrees (31°+17°50'=48°50') and this is a lot.

to be continued...

On the Russian planeta site they also carry an article: _http://planeta.moy.su/blog/gruppa_djatlova_tajna_gibeli_gruppy_djatlova/2012-03-28-17234 One hypothesis that gets some attention is the possibility that a firebal event was involved. If you can live with the incoherence provided by Google tranlate the link is:
_http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fplaneta.moy.su%2Fblog%2Fgruppa_djatlova_tajna_gibeli_gruppy_djatlova%2F2012-03-28-17234 And you would need to go down to the picture of the meteor. There the author quotes a L.N.Ivanovu

"Later Karataev supplemented his testimony: "... what I said the first secretary: murder here! Because he dug the bodies and pigeonhole guys insides. Two died under a cedar, three froze on the slope, and four others - the brook. They killed something that fell from the sky, I have no doubt. Apparently, there were two blast waves. One covered Dubinin Zolotarev Kolevatova and Thibault. They died first. (??) "

But here again the explanation is necessary.

Professional investigator Karataev misjudge available information. The first of the group died Dyatlova Doroshenko Krivonischenko. After all, cut them with warm clothes, later found to Dubinin, Zolotarev, and Thibault Kolevatova Brignole found under 4.5 meter thick layer of snow.)
continue the quote . "The second wave caught up with the rest. Apparently, she was weaker, or guys running away, could hide. At least they were in the mind. "

Again, a small comment.

It really was a cosmic explosion tandem. The explosions occurred at intervals of 25 minutes. Not being able to estimate the thickness of the second explosion, I can only say that he killed seven members of the last group Djatlova.

An explanation is only good, if it can explain other observations like increased levels of radiation in at least some of the people and tents that were torn although the windspeed was only about 11 km per hour. Maybe there was more than one cause.

Some of the internal injuries, plus the excised tongue and eyes, make me think of a case that Linda Moulton Howe described. Apparently, the witness(es) saw a cow being "levitated" into the sky which was later dropped back to the ground sans some parts and blood. So, if the people were confronted, as LQB suggests, by some of the phenomena described in the Skinwalker story, fled their tent, then were "levitated" and dropped, there could have been the internal injuries mentioned. Maybe only one of them was fully "assimilated" to wherever the levitating force was coming from (a hovering ship? a passage to another density?) and lost her tongue and eyes before being ejected and falling back to the ground.

Dunno. It's creepy.

thorbiorn said:
On the Russian planeta site they also carry an article: _http://planeta.moy.su/blog/gruppa_djatlova_tajna_gibeli_gruppy_djatlova/2012-03-28-17234 One hypothesis that gets some attention is the possibility that a firebal event was involved. If you can live with the incoherence provided by Google tranlate the link is:
_http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fplaneta.moy.su%2Fblog%2Fgruppa_djatlova_tajna_gibeli_gruppy_djatlova%2F2012-03-28-17234 And you would need to go down to the picture of the meteor. There the author quotes a L.N.Ivanovu

"Later Karataev supplemented his testimony: "... what I said the first secretary: murder here! Because he dug the bodies and pigeonhole guys insides. Two died under a cedar, three froze on the slope, and four others - the brook. They killed something that fell from the sky, I have no doubt. Apparently, there were two blast waves. One covered Dubinin Zolotarev Kolevatova and Thibault. They died first. (??) "

But here again the explanation is necessary.

Professional investigator Karataev misjudge available information. The first of the group died Dyatlova Doroshenko Krivonischenko. After all, cut them with warm clothes, later found to Dubinin, Zolotarev, and Thibault Kolevatova Brignole found under 4.5 meter thick layer of snow.)
continue the quote . "The second wave caught up with the rest. Apparently, she was weaker, or guys running away, could hide. At least they were in the mind. "

Again, a small comment.

It really was a cosmic explosion tandem. The explosions occurred at intervals of 25 minutes. Not being able to estimate the thickness of the second explosion, I can only say that he killed seven members of the last group Djatlova.

An explanation is only good, if it can explain other observations like increased levels of radiation in at least some of the people and tents that were torn although the windspeed was only about 11 km per hour. Maybe there was more than one cause.

Here's my translation of the excerpt from the site, "Later Karataev added to his testimony (official statement): ... That's what I said to the First Secretary [of the central committee of the Communist party?], - it's a murder! Because was digging out the bodies and put the internal organs of the guys into the boxes. Two group members perished under the cedar tree, three froze [to death] on the slope [of the mountain] and four more - near the creek. I have no doubt that they were killed by something that fell from the sky. Apparently, there were two blast (shock) waves. [The first] one engulfed Dubinin, Zolotarev, Kolevatova and Tibo. They died first (???)" [ bold in the text]

But here again additional clarification is necessary.

Professional investigator Karataev incorrectly interprets available information. The first [members] of the Dyatlov's group who died were Doroshenko and Krivonischenko. After all, their warm clothing that had been cut off from [their bodies] were later discovered on [the bodies of] Dubinin, Zolotarev, Kolevatova and Thibeaux-Brignolles who's [bodies] were found under 4.5 meter thick layer of snow.)

Later from the same quote, "The second wave caught up with the rest. Apparently, it was weaker, or the guys, while running away, could shelter themselves [from it]. In any event, they didn't lose consciousness (didn't pass out). [bold in text]

And again, a small comment.

It really were two cosmic explosions. The explosions occurred at intervals of 25 minutes. Not being able to estimate the energy of the second explosion, I can only point out that it was the second explosion that killed the [last] seven members of the Dyatlov's group. "

I have thought of the unfortunate and unexplained death of these students for some time and as Spock stated in Star Trek – quoted from Sherlock Holmes “… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

I originally thought that it may have been the Russian army with concussion bombs that were dropped on them by accident.
The army had used this location for secret tests.
Some mention that the army secretly arrived at the crime scene 1 week before the rescuers found the bodies.
This could answer a few of the mysteries but not all!
Why their tent was on the side of the mountain and not logically down at the tree line for shelter and fire wood?
The army could have moved the tent up the mountain to change the crime scene.
Why there was radioactive material on some of the clothing and why they were not wearing any protective clothes for the harsh climate?
The army could have changed their clothes and confiscated clothing which showed being radioactive.
Though all good explanations, I do believe there is only one explanation that holds up to all facets of this case!

Yeti or Abominable Snow Man encounter!

Why would anyone set up camp on the side of the mountain when there was a forested shelter a short distance down the mountain?
On research I found that the small tent used was not their main tent – they had left supplies at a base camp and were using this very small tent for an excursion.
What was their purpose for climbing the Ural mountain range?
I googled Russian news broadcast for 1958 and there was an interesting account a few months earlier of Yeti encounters on this range. That year a number of local Mansi tribe people disappeared.
After this investigation the Russian Government banned all further investigation or reporting on the Yeti with threats of incarceration.
These students may have been acting as investigating reporters and photographers and had to have a cover to conceal their true purpose.
The one person they added to their close group was a guide familiar with this territory. A note on a printed paper in their possession was scribbled “From now on we know that the snow men exist”.
Although they used guns to protect themselves in this wilderness terrain for previous trips (pictures show), they did not carry them this time in case they were stopped and questioned.
Whatever attacked them in their tent did not bite or claw but had extreme power to crush
A similar attack at Yale BC in the 1800’s by some gold miners who claimed to have captured a baby Sasquatch and in Washington State 1920’s of an attack: http://www.bigfootlives.com/html/ape_canyon.html
In 1946 Cultus Lake BC a newlywed couple disappeared from their cabin with only large footprints found surrounding it.

Case Scenario
The illogical pitching of their tent in the open may have been due to a scare from the locals at the last settlement which told them about reindeer being found dead in this area.
They may have felt more secure making camp in the open rather than down within the trees.
After taking off their heavy outerwear and boots and due to the small space within the tent along with the moisture and smell, they would have left this clothing outside, at the back of the tent with their packsacks to dry out. They could have left them in what appears to be an overhang on the rear of the tent where the exhaust stove chimney exits.
They entered the tent in their long johns and tent slippers and had supper.
Shortly after supper 2 of the men went outside to urinate (documented) with a flashlight, which they left on the roof of the tent (documented) and a lighter and cigarettes to have a smoke. It was written in their diary that the women did not want them smoking in the hotel rooms or tent.
While out they were attacked and forced to flee down to the forest for cover.
There they built a fire for warmth and to keep any predators away.
On hearing the commotion outside the tent, 3 students went outside to help with a flashlight and were also attacked.
They fled down the mountain unable to reach their outerwear at the back of the tent.
The Yeti’s attack then centered on the 4 remaining students left in the tent.
The Yeti unable to open the tent door or cut through began to pound on the center of the tent with the students inside slicing their knives back through the tent in defense. It has been reported that Yeti can use sticks as weapons and may have poked through the open slits of the tent with one of the ski poles. It was documented that numerous knife cuts were found on one of the ski poles
The Yeti attack temporarily stopped when they noticed the fire down at the tree line and the 3 students heading towards it with the flashlight (documented and found on this trail still in the on position).
The Yeti have been reported that they are not afraid of fire or light.
The Yeti caught the 3 students before they could reach the tree line.
Yeti use their large powerful arms to club and then bear hug their quarry until subdued and unconscious, all similar injuries reported on the students.
Seeing that the fire was attracting the Yeti the 2 students at the tree tried to frantically put it out, it was reported that one of these student’s hands were burnt possibly by this action.
Next they proceeded to climb a tree.
The report claimed they had climbed the tree to observe if their tent was still there to return to for their survival gear.
The problem with this was that it was after sunset in winter in Russia.
I googled if there was a full moon that night and there was not, so it would have been pitch dark.
The only reason to climb a tree at night would be to try and elude a predator.
It has been stated that Sasquatch can climb trees.
One of the students was found a few hundred feet from the tree still clutching a branch as if he had been dragged down from the tree.
When the remaining 4 students of the group did arrive at the tree they found their companions dead so they removed what clothing they could to keep warm rather than return to their tent and what they thought was back there.
They then went to a ravine and dug a snow cave for shelter.
Unfortunately the Yeti were waiting for them in the forest and pursued them, cornering them at the ravine some short distance away and finished them off.
One problem with the Yeti theory is that no foot prints were ever found.
The explanation is it was sometime after the encounter, in winter, in a valley known for wind.
The Yeti/Sasquatch have a very large bipedal foot, much like a bear paw snow shoe which would leave a very flat shallow print.
These prints would easily disappear with weather conditions.
The final explanation may be the hardest to believe and that is - why have no further sightings or findings been made of Yeti in this location?
With all our technologies these mountains and the world in general have become a lot smaller but the Universe is immense and unknown.
There were unexplained lights in the sky at this location seen by other observers.
Strange creatures have been reported all over the world with similar globe light occurrences (Kentucky Goblin Encounter,Chupacabras, Ogopogo, Lochness Monster, and other such things).
Many documented encounters with Sasquatch have been reported with similar globe lights seen in the vicinity.
Could it be that there are time portals throughout the Universe and these creatures accidentally pass through them?
One such strange occurrence happened in Manila in 1593 where a guard was suddenly transported to Mexico City
http://www.psychic101.com/teleportation-learn.html
Could a nuclear blast such as the 1957-58 Russian accidental nuclear explosion at Kyshtym ( just a few miles south
of Oblast Swerdlowsk where these students were) cause a rip in our universe?
This accident reportedly killed 1000’s of people and contaminated a 100 square kilometer area with high level radiation.
Could the radiation on their clothing have come from physical contact with these entities or the terrain
itself?

All in all strange and unexplained things happen and it is left up to us to ponder what the truth might be.
Thanks for your ability to have your mind open to care for an explanation for these unfortunate beings

Welcome to the forum Robot.

Actually, seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

Robot said:
I have thought of the unfortunate and unexplained death of these students for some time and as Spock stated in Star Trek – quoted from Sherlock Holmes “… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

It is weird, and I was just reading about this case just a few minutes ago:

http://www.sott.net/article/258475-Russias-Dyatlov-Pass-incident-the-strangest-unsolved-mystery-of-the-last-century

Ivanov was the one who first noticed that the bodies and gear found were all radioactive, and said that a Geiger counter he'd brought with him went nuts all around the campsite. He also has said that Soviet officials told him at the time to clamp the case shut, despite reports that "bright flying spheres" had been reported in the area in February and March of 1959.

Pretty interesting scenario, Robot, and it makes a kind of sense.

Аbout DYATLOV PASS incident

Hallo!
Maybe is real/ make a question for the CS about DYATLOV PASS incident?

Thread about Dyatlov
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,27071.0.html

Back
Top Bottom