E-cigarettes: research - experiments - ideas

I found some info about vaping and reduced plaque or tartar on the teeth. Have any long-term vapers who were also long-term smokers noticed a reduction in tooth plaque?

I can't say I noticed much, but I guess you have to have done it for a long time. My dentist did mention recently how much less staining and plaque I had, but I put it down to taking sodium bicarbonate every day. Dunno.

After less than a day puffing on the 50/50 + 6mg 'base' nicotine, the throat irritation was getting worse again... At that point, we started getting a bit frustrated.

So then we went back to the Liquidarom Silver Blend 70/30 (PG/VG, French brand I think) 6mg that is pH = 6.5 out of the box. That's what Chu started using, and I was taking some puffs every day - for over 2 weeks - with no throat irritation. So we took that as our "back to basics" baseline.

Puffed that again for about 2.5 days and WOW the difference was huge. It's like puffing on silk! Both of our throats healed right up. We also had a small bit of lung congestion, and that cleared up as well.

Then this morning, our super-pure "natural" 50/50 (PG/VG) arrived, along with nicotine salts. Naturally I measured the pH of everything:
New 50/50 liquid = 6.5
Nic salts = 6.25-6.5 (hard to read on our pH strips with 2 little colored squares)

So after breakfast I mixed a little batch at 6mg, and at first, we couldn't tell a difference between the Silver Blend and this stuff - it's uber-smooth. BUT... by the time dinner rolled around, it's clear that this new blend is not as throat-friendly as the Silver Blend. But it hasn't even been a full day yet, so we'll give it some time.

Is it possible that one can be extra-sensitive to glycerin?!

The other change we made is we were using 0.4ohm mesh coils at 30W. We both switched to 1.2ohm at 12W last night. It's more of a mouth-to-lung puff instead of direct-to-lung, but that's more like smoking which is nice.

We didn't want to change too many things at once because then it's hard to figure out what makes the biggest difference, but it was also getting frustrating... So we took everyone's good advice and implemented it all at once!

Stay tuned for the next exciting (and dramatic and confusing) installment!

:cool2:

Then this morning, our super-pure "natural" 50/50 (PG/VG) arrived, along with nicotine salts.
I´m smoking this nic salt in 50/50 ratio and 20mg of nicotine for over a week now and no throat ache or irritation, but....
The other change we made is we were using 0.4ohm mesh coils at 30W.
... I´m puffin using 0.4ohm mesh coils at 18W with fully opened air flow.

30W is for me too hard on the throat so I tuned it down to my liking. Maybe if you turn down the power it would not irritate your throat so much? 🤷‍♀️

Is it possible that one can be extra-sensitive to glycerin?!

Answering my own question: After a thorough search of all the vaping forums, yes, some people are actually more sensitive to glycerin than PG... Symptoms are dry scratchy throat and lung congestion. They switch to a low-VG liquid, and poof! No more problems. 2 of the 3 people said, "It's rare, but yes it happens, because it happened to me!"

It's nowhere near as common as PG sensitivity, but it's definitely a thing. 😳

30W is for me too hard on the throat so I tuned it down to my liking. Maybe if you turn down the power it would not irritate your throat so much? 🤷‍♀️

Right now, we're using 1.2 ohm coils at the default power of 11W. I said 12W in my previous post, but my vape tells me 11W is the current setting.

Answering my own question: After a thorough search of all the vaping forums, yes, some people are actually more sensitive to glycerin than PG... Symptoms are dry scratchy throat and lung congestion. They switch to a low-VG liquid, and poof! No more problems. 2 of the 3 people said, "It's rare, but yes it happens, because it happened to me!"

Right now, we're using 1.2 ohm coils at the default power of 11W. I said 12W in my previous post, but my vape tells me 11W is the current setting.
From my experience, vaping at anything over 1 ohm is cooler and smoother than the sub ohm coils and of course much less power.

I've recently discovered that glycerin is a sugar. Has anyone run across information on how sugar intake through the lungs would affect one's carb count or diet?

What is a bit perplexing is that both Chu and you might have this problem.

On the positive side you can then make your own DIY liquid with a single recipe.

Well, after a few days, both Chu and I ended up with a sore throat - again! :umm:
Yeah, same with me. After just 1 day on a 50/50 mix with distilled water I woke up with a soar throat and I could barely speak. After just 1 day. It is surprising. I stopped mixing the liquids with water on the 2nd day and the soreness slowly went away.

What is it with vaping water that causes this surprise soreness?

Anyhow, I found a ready base luqid with 60/40 (PG/VG) with 18mg/ml for 10 euro and will purchase it this week. Meanwhile, I also found pure PG and VG liquids in 500 ml bottles (1 bottle for each) for merely 10 euro, but without nicotine and I intend to purchase it too and then add nicotine salts to 50/50 solution. Maybe this will work OK.

Not sure. The longer I press the button, the hotter it gets. Not sure this is how you increase the power, but at you increase the heat in the atomizer for sure.
So you don't have adjustable wattage. The power level is then mostly determined by the ohm value of the coil. This device may not be strong enough to vaporize larger amounts of water. My guess, at least.

So you don't have adjustable wattage. The power level is then mostly determined by the ohm value of the coil. This device may not be strong enough to vaporize larger amounts of water. My guess, at least.
I think you are correct. I bought 1 atomizer with a ceramic coil and it can get really hot when I use it and keep the button for long, but still no luck with vaporizing pure water.

Back
Top Bottom