E-cigarettes: research - experiments - ideas

That's another curious thing: when we started vaping, we coughed very little - only if we took deep puffs.

For others, I've noticed they cough a lot no matter what.

Is that because we had reduced smoking a lot already, or because it was the PG, or because it varies by person?

Time for an update on the coughing.

I'm sure it varies from person to person and perhaps there's something to reducing smoking beforehand because my husband doesn't smoke regularly and he doesn't cough as much as I (still) do, and I'm kind of a medium-heavy smoker.

I changed coils and liquid today and had a much better experience. I'm using a 6mg/ml nicotine natural tobacco 70vg/30pg liquid now with a 1.2 coil at 12-13 watts and that seems to be a good setting for me, at least with this liquid. According to what I understand, that's considered Mouth-to-Lung so perhaps that vaping style is better for me. No coughing, yay! 😊

Haven't bought a vape to try yet, but was curious about MTL as that is my normal habit of smoking if I'm understanding it correctly. In any case, there are two different ways of doing MTL. The first is to draw a puff of smoke into the mouth, take the cigarette away and then inhale through the mouth. The second is to draw a puff of smoke into the mouth, take the cigarette away, close the mouth and inhale through the nose. The inhalation through the nose draws a smaller and more even amount of smoke into the lungs. Also, the smoke can be held in the mouth for a number of inhalations. I find the second method easier on my throat so long as I haven't drawn too big of a puff into my mouth. I use the first method if I'm busy doing other things, but the second method if I'm just enjoying a smoke and am concentrating on that alone. Thought I'd share that in case it helps someone.

Haven't bought a vape to try yet, but was curious about MTL as that is my normal habit of smoking if I'm understanding it correctly. In any case, there are two different ways of doing MTL. The first is to draw a puff of smoke into the mouth, take the cigarette away and then inhale through the mouth. The second is to draw a puff of smoke into the mouth, take the cigarette away, close the mouth and inhale through the nose. The inhalation through the nose draws a smaller and more even amount of smoke into the lungs. Also, the smoke can be held in the mouth for a number of inhalations. I find the second method easier on my throat so long as I haven't drawn too big of a puff into my mouth. I use the first method if I'm busy doing other things, but the second method if I'm just enjoying a smoke and am concentrating on that alone. Thought I'd share that in case it helps someone.
The second method is how I vape

What are people thoughts on being a “hybrid” smoker.

The biggest reason I want to give the vaping a go, is because tobacco here in aus is ridiculously expensive.
$80 Aus dollars for 25grams of organic non additive tobacco, which I have been smoking for years, but recently I have found an online place that sells tobacco much cheaper $70 for 100g .. the catch is we don’t know where it comes from or what’s in it, it tastes ok but I would prefer to smoke orgainc, but it’s just too expensive.

So, my intent, is maybe once they change the laws and I don’t need a doctors certificate to buy vapes,(October) I can use that as my most of the day nicotine source, and then have a few cigarettes as well, for all the benefits they have, which has been talked about in the smoking is good thread.

We were talking about this on the Aus meetup chat the other night and @nicklebleu was talking about the fact that smoking tobacco has additional benefits which are not just nicotine based. There is a receptor he was talking about that acts as an antidepressant, sorry I can’t remember what is is called, amongst other things.

So if the vape thing works for me, maybe I can go back to the expensive to organic tobacco because it will last much longer.

Can't you find some people in Aus with gardening skills? Or become a gardener yourself? It can be a very rewarding occupation. And most of the time you just relax...

Haha I would love to, but!

The Legal Status of Growing Tobacco in Australia​

Growing tobacco for personal use is not explicitly illegal in Australia. However, there are significant limitations and stringent conditions that one must adhere to if they wish to grow tobacco legally. It is essential to recognise that the laws and regulations surrounding tobacco cultivation may vary between states and territories, and it is crucial to stay informed about any changes in the legislation.

Personal Use vs. Commercial Cultivation

The legality of growing tobacco depends heavily on the purpose of cultivation – whether it is for personal use or commercial purposes. Growing tobacco on a small scale for personal consumption may be allowed. However, selling or distributing the tobacco products would likely be considered illegal without proper licenses and permits.

Basically, it's extremely expensive and time consuming to acquire permits and then you have to prove you're not selling it etc etc plus you need somewhere to grow it and n top of all that it's very difficult to get hold of tobacco seeds.

Back
Top Bottom