Earthquakes around the world

A strong earthquake at 5 am woke up the town of Gostivar where I live. it was 5.0 Magnitude and the epicenter was in the National Park Mavrovo about 15Km SW from the town.
To be honest I didn't felt anything. I woke up because my parrot started to panic and fly inside his cage. I woke up, turned the light on and saw him in panic. I thought that he was scared by some insect or something like that. Then I heard my son and my mother talking about the earthquake. People from the neighborhood were very upset and a lot of them went outside. No visible damage in the town. Maybe there is some damage at the epicenter, I don't know.

Just one small aftershock an hour ago. It was about 3.6 magnitude.

In the meantime 4 major aftershocks from the same area. One 3.2, 3.6, 3.7, and 15 minutes ago one 4.7 or 5.2. Depends on the source of data. It's still shaking. People are very upset.

In the meantime 4 major aftershocks from the same area. One 3.2, 3.6, 3.7, and 15 minutes ago one 4.7 or 5.2. Depends on the source of data. It's still shaking. People are very upset.
I know the feeling. Those upper 4's can play with the nerves. We had 1.5 this morning in Zagreb, not much of a shake, but the sound. The sound, this rumble, that's what makes you freeze. Stay safe, ayes open, and godspeed!

I know the feeling. Those upper 4's can play with the nerves. We had 1.5 this morning in Zagreb, not much of a shake, but the sound. The sound, this rumble, that's what makes you freeze. Stay safe, ayes open, and godspeed!
I wish everyone is safe.
I love to feel the earth moving, feeling she is alive. I love the sound of this movement. Evidently when the earthquake is small.
Take care!

The frequency and intensity of earthquakes has certainly risen, maybe even exponentially, in the last few years. I thought I would bring up 'dutchsinse' (he's been mentioned several times on this forum in the past), who's been tracking and observing earthquakes all over the planet for the last 10 years or so (maybe longer). He's pretty well got it down to a science, predicting earthquakes a week in advance with fairly high accuracy. He puts out a new video usually on a daily basis.

Anyway, for those who are interested, here's his latest for Nov. 10, 2020:

We just had a 4.0 earthquake in Massachusetts this morning! I was outside cutting my way through a large briar patch when wife and daughter came running out of the house to say they felt/heard an earthquake. I didn’t feel or hear a thing.

A strong earthquake at 5 am woke up the town of Gostivar where I live. it was 5.0 Magnitude and the epicenter was in the National Park Mavrovo about 15Km SW from the town.
To be honest I didn't felt anything. I woke up because my parrot started to panic and fly inside his cage. I woke up, turned the light on and saw him in panic. I thought that he was scared by some insect or something like that. Then I heard my son and my mother talking about the earthquake. People from the neighborhood were very upset and a lot of them went outside. No visible damage in the town. Maybe there is some damage at the epicenter, I don't know.

I was wondering about why some people felt the earthquakes but jar and Konstantin didn’t felt anything.
Also I didn’t felt anything when Alaska 7.6 earthquake happened in few weeks ago.
I had funny phone conversation with my son, he called me right after the earthquake,
Son: Did you felt the earthquake?
Me: Oh, really? Are you alright?
Son: Yes I am OK, but the earthquake just happened close to you.
Me: Really? I didn’t know that, and I didn’t felt anything. Oh, I know, because I have protection Crystals.
Son: None sense, how come you believe such thing?
Me: Haha.
Maybe I was too far from the earthquake. Or maybe the Crystals actually protect us from any fearful negative energy. I don’t know.

Hmmm Macedonia 🤔

predicting earthquakes a week in advance
Opinion: Ditrianum

Validity of earthquake forecasting

It is often stated that in order for an earthquake forecast to be valid it must define 3 elements: 1) the date and time, 2) the location, and 3) the magnitude. We believe that this requirement is unrealistic for the same reason that a weather forecast is allowed to say that even on the most shiny days there is a 0-10% or 30-40% precipitation PROBABILITY, without specifying the precise location. This has been valid scientific practice for decades.

Our focus is on earthquakes with approximately magnitude 6 and greater because earthquakes in this category tend to occur more often when planets reach specific positions in the solar system, which explains the usual clustering of these larger earthquakes in time. A good example is December 2016, which was seismically very active because of more critical planetary positions throughout the month, which allowed us to issue three (1, 2, 3) warnings in advance.

While statistics say something about the average occurrence over long periods of time, they do not say anything about the actual occurrence in real time. If for example statistics say that a magnitude 6 earthquake occurs every 2.7 days on average, it does not mean that this is what usually happens. In extreme cases there can be 20 or even 25 days between magnitude 6 earthquakes. Likewise, the average can go up to less than 2 days over a period of several weeks. In addition, there is a big difference between magnitude 6.0 and 6.9, the latter of which occurs much less frequently. The same applies to magnitude 7 earthquakes. While on average they occur every 20-24 days, in reality we sometimes see two or three in a month, while in extreme cases there can be a drought of half a year or more, like in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

It is often stated that earthquakes happen all the time or that planetary alignments happen all the time. These kind of statements are too general. One should ask what kind of earthquakes, like magnitude 4, 5 or 6, which are very different categories, both in strength and occurrence. Likewise, one should carefully study the occurrence and type of planetary alignments. Sometimes there are no alignments for more than a week or even two weeks. Sometimes there are 12 or even 15 alignments in one month, as was the case in December 2016. Also, not all alignments are the same and their electromagnetic influence greatly depends on the planets involved.

Finally, it is often said that planets have little influence, as the distance between them is too great for the gravitational force to be of significance. While mathematics can be applied to prove that the gravitational force is indeed (too) weak, the logic behind this reasoning is flawed at the very root, because it does not explain why only the gravitational force between the planets should be considered. After all, of the four fundamental forces currently recognized in nature, gravity is the weakest and usually dominated by the electromagnetic force. In the 1940s, 50s and 60s RCA's radio engineer John H. Nelson proved through observation of short wave radio communication that planetary positions in the solar system greatly affect Earth's atmosphere. Of nearly 1,500 atmospheric condition forecasts that he made in 1967 he had an accuracy rate of 93.2%. His forecast methods, while seemingly forgotten, have not been refuted to date.

I was wondering about why some people felt the earthquakes but jar and Konstantin didn’t felt anything.
And it happened again. At around 4 pm there was another strong one. A 4.8 magnitude. I was at work coming out from the bathroom and one of my colleagues told me that it is still shaking and did I felt something. I asked him when and he told me that it was now a few seconds ago and that it was almost strong as the first one.
But I didn't feel anything. Maybe if I was seating in the office I would but in the bathroom, I didn't feel anything.

My explanation is that it is because I was not in a stationary position so maybe I was now aware enough.

Also I didn’t felt anything when Alaska 7.6 earthquake happened in few weeks ago.
[...]
Maybe I was too far from the earthquake. Or maybe the Crystals actually protect us from any fearful negative energy. I don’t know.
Interesting thought regarding the crystals and protection, Kay Kim. There certainly seems to be an uptick in earth & weather changes. Not surprising considering the current chaos at the human level. Keep vigilant and stay safe everyone!

Three, one right after the other:

Event type: Earthquake
Region: Macquarie Island region
Geographic coordinates: 53.124S, 159.674E
Magnitude: 5.7
Depth: 10 km
Universal Time (UTC): 13 Nov 2020 09:12:47
Time near the Epicenter: 13 Nov 2020 20:12:47
Local standard time in your area: 13 Nov 2020 09:12:47

Location with respect to nearby cities:
954.7 km (591.9 mi) SW of Bluff, New Zealand

Region: Nevada
Geographic coordinates: 38.174N, 117.849W
Magnitude: 5.5
Depth: 6 km
Universal Time (UTC): 13 Nov 2020 09:13:52
Time near the Epicenter: 13 Nov 2020 01:13:52
Local standard time in your area: 13 Nov 2020 09:13:52

33.1 km (20.5 mi) SE of Mina, Nevada

Region: Central California
Geographic coordinates: 36.322N, 117.579W
Magnitude: 5.2
Depth: 23 km
Universal Time (UTC): 13 Nov 2020 09:14:22
Time near the Epicenter: 13 Nov 2020 01:14:22
Local standard time in your area: 13 Nov 2020 09:14:22

6.1 km (3.8 mi) N of Darwin, California

Just a few testaments of the NV. 5 pointer (at a depth 10k ) and their observations.

Depth2 km

A strange correction on the M 2.8 - FRANCE - 2020-11-14 07:27:40 UTC
-1 km

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-14 Earthquake, Magnitude 2 8 - FRANCE - 2020 November 14, 07 27 40 UTC.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-14 Earthquake, Magnitude 2 8 - FRANCE - 2020 November 14, 07 27 40 UTC.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 4
The past week was more quiet at least from big quakes. It had three M6, the highest being a M6.1 in Tonga.
In the usual area, there were 7 out of 87 earthquakes equal or greater than 4,5 and 1724 out of 2034 quakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 84,8%
The last week saw 1 M6 and that was a M6.0 in Tonga.
In the usual area, there were 1 out of 75 earthquakes equal or greater than 4.5 and 1923 out of 2221 quakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 86.6%
Earthquakes 7 days to Nov 15th 2020.gif

6-magnitude quake rattles southern Philippines

2020-11-16
MANILA, Nov. 16 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.0 shook Surigao Del Sur province in the southern Philippines on Monday, the Philippine Institute of Seismology and Volcanology (Phivolcs) said.

The institute said the offshore quake, which struck at 6:37 a.m. local time, hit at a depth of 33 km, 29 km southeast of the town of San Agustin, Surigao Del Sur.

The institute said the quake, which was tectonic in origin, will trigger aftershocks and that damages are expected.

The Philippines has frequent seismic activity due to its location along the Pacific "Ring of Fire."

image_2020-11-16_082648.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom