Earthquakes around the world

So our friend at La Palma he is starting to see that something is wrong because he says that he does not what really is happening. He sees that the official information is plain of contradictions. He starts to feel insecure at his home because of the earthquakes. Interesting how he describes the last earthquakes that he felt, like "shock waves". Is that normal in an earthquake?

Grosso modo he is very tired and dubious about all this tragedy. Is what I felt listening to him. Here he is:

I am preparing my bugout bag. Strong earthquakes at night. I don't feel safe in the house anymore.

So our friend at La Palma he is starting to see that something is wrong because he says that he does not what really is happening. He sees that the official information is plain of contradictions. He starts to feel insecure at his home because of the earthquakes. Interesting how he describes the last earthquakes that he felt, like "shock waves". Is that normal in an earthquake?

Grosso modo he is very tired and dubious about all this tragedy. Is what I felt listening to him.
At Telegram Channel Emergencia La Palma
there is a lot of talk about underreporting or information/data that the authorities have been manipulating, more on the issue of the earthquakes related to the volcano, the institution that provides that data is the IGN (National Geographic Institute of Spain), so if they make a change, this change is reflected at least in volcanodiscovery There has been a lot of questioning with respect to depth and epicentres.

There is talk that they are probably taking advantage of the change in data because people are asleep. But many people are not asleep, many residents of the island are 24/7 aware of what is happening with the volcano, the earthquakes, the sounds ... they are awake and alert.

It is also said that whether or not the authorities do this in order not to cause alarm, more resources would be needed.

A petition has even been created on change org for CLEAR AND OPEN SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC INFORMATION. NO TO THE CENSORSHIP OF IGN CANARIAS.

285.- FOR OPEN SEISMIC DATA IN CHANGE.ORG, IT IS INTOLERABLE HOW IGN RETOUCHES THE SIGNALS OF THE STATIONS IN THE CANARY ISLANDS PIXELATING THE BLUENESS OF THE SPECTROGRAMS IN MACI. The IGN, as the body designated in 2004 for volcanic monitoring in the Canary Islands does not want ordinary people to poke their noses into its affairs, and what it does, it complies with the strict, puts a station per island, looks for the one that is noisier and looks worse, lowers the resolution and not content with that, has also begun to pixelate or blur the spectrogram of blue in recent days with a single objective. That ordinary people do not have access to information and cannot see what is happening.

This is reprehensible, I think it is absolutely shameful that this is being done, it is typical of a country with a banana dictator where a monopoly does whatever it wants without caring about the people who live there. This behaviour is also reckless due to the uncertainty it generates for locals and foreigners alike, which is reflected in significant damage to sectors such as tourism, where people do not come to the Canary Islands because they cannot find sufficiently clear and concise information about the state of their volcanoes.

It is because of the blindness that the IGN is practising with continuous censorship of information for everyone that I have decided to put this petition on the Change.org portal. What is being asked for is OPEN, FREE AND UNCENSORED ACCESS to the information generated by ALL field stations in the Canary Islands, such as meteorologies. No one would be able to censor a thermometer because it is too hot.

I conclude by saying that the right to information is everyone's right and that informing people with real measurements and data in no case is to alarm, it is to educate. In the Canary Islands, at present, this is what is most needed, volcanic education at all levels, starting with the people, including journalists and ending with the politicians and government officials who have to take the decisions that in the end affect us all.

Lucy Jones, Seismologist of the United States Geological Survey (USGS) said this clearly the other day what happened in the first California earthquake of 6.9 and that they expected a second one due to the release of energy with a probability of 1 to 20, which in the end occurred, a 7.1. Here is the video. This is clarity and the rest is nonsense. (Enrique)

You can follow us on Volcanoes and Science Today facebook.
1634520970914.png
quakes-r31762_100.png

During the past 24 hours, there were 1 quake of magnitude 6.1, 1 quake of magnitude 5.3, 47 quakes between 4.0 and 5.0, 148 quakes between 3.0 and 4.0, and 297 quakes between 2.0 and 3.0. There were also 452 quakes below magnitude 2.0 which people don't normally feel.

Biggest quake today: 6.1 quake Coral Sea, Vanuatu, Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm (GMT +11) 6 hours ago
Most recent quake: 2.6 quake La Palma Island, Canary Islands, Spain, Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm (GMT +1) 17 minutes ago

Earthquakes Today: latest earthquakes worldwide during the past 24 hours on Monday, October 18, 2021 - list, stats and interactive map

6.4 Earthquake EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN SEA 10/18/2021 updated to 6.0 Earthquake

Truly a life changing experience and the realization that this seismic activity would only get worse in the once Golden State.

1634625582509.png

M 4.0 - NEAR WEST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - 2021-10-19 06:03:30 UTC

During the past 24 hours, there were 1 quake of magnitude 6.1, 3 quakes between 5.0 and 6.0, 24 quakes between 4.0 and 5.0, 112 quakes between 3.0 and 4.0, and 238 quakes between 2.0 and 3.0. There were also 361 quakes below magnitude 2.0 which people don't normally feel.

Biggest quake today: 6.1 quake Eastern Mediterranean, Greece, Oct 19, 2021 8:32 am (GMT +3) 9 hours ago
Most recent quake: 3.1 quake Philippine Sea, 125 km southeast of Mati, Philippines, Oct 19, 2021 10:21 pm (GMT +8) 29 minutes ago

Earthquakes Today: latest earthquakes worldwide during the past 24 hours on Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - list, stats and interactive map

In relation of the distrust at the authorities with the data on earthquakes. Caught in sight.

But!
Some twitter comments
4.1 nothing, 4.9 maybe...here everything moved like never before, and it lasted longer than usual.
Yours (INVOLCAN) times do not match with the @IGN_Sismologia
4.9 you have scattered in the calculation about 0.8
And it was so noticeable? Even my furniture moved.
Reviewed again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019_174039.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019_174039.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20211019_173955.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019_173955.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 2
The downgrading seems to happen a lot for many earthquakes, I've noticed. The Melbourne earthquake initially showed a 7.4 at the 'actual' epicentre the moment it happened. I saw the reading. That's probably why it was felt and detected so far around the country. Several minutes later it was 'officially' downgraded to sooth the sheeple as they so much rely on governmental say-so.

With the Cumbre Vieja, it is looking more like a mine in the Canary: like some deep fossil fuel shafts have ignited with all that black smoke lately. I don't know, but I think the situation is a lot more precarious then they are officially letting on, including some readings.

During the past 24 hours, there were 4 quakes of magnitude 5.0 or above, 32 quakes between 4.0 and 5.0, 153 quakes between 3.0 and 4.0, and 313 quakes between 2.0 and 3.0. There were also 449 quakes below magnitude 2.0 which people don't normally feel.

Biggest quake today: 5.2 quake Tasman Sea, New Zealand, Oct 20, 2021 10:11 am (GMT +13) 17 hours ago
Most recent quake: 3.6 quake La Palma Island, Canary Islands, Spain, Oct 20, 2021 2:43 pm (GMT +1) 17 minutes ago

Earthquakes Today: latest earthquakes worldwide during the past 24 hours on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - list, stats and interactive map

During the past 24 hours, there were 2 quakes of magnitude 5.0 or above, 23 quakes between 4.0 and 5.0, 169 quakes between 3.0 and 4.0, and 321 quakes between 2.0 and 3.0. There were also 465 quakes below magnitude 2.0 which people don't normally feel.

Biggest quake today: 5.7 quake South Pacific Ocean Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm (GMT +13) 6 hours ago
Most recent quake: 3.0 quake 24 km south of Heraklion, Crete, Greece, Oct 21, 2021 4:35 pm (GMT +3) 12 minutes ago

Earthquakes Today: latest earthquakes worldwide during the past 24 hours on Thursday, October 21, 2021 - list, stats and interactive map

M 6.0 - south of the Fiji Islands
Time 2021-10-21 03:10:43 (UTC-05:00)
Location 25.240°S 179.644°E
Depth 497.2 km

Difference between Shallow Focus and Deep Focus Earthquakes

DEEP FOCUS earthquakes or “intra plate” earthquakes, occur within the sub-ducting oceanic plates as they move beneath the continental plates. Appearing along fault lines, these are earthquakes with focus much deeper within the earth. A deep focus earthquake occurs when two tectonic plates slide towards one another followed by subduction, or when the mineral olivine is in a transitional phase.These are typical of the subduction zone of the earth which are seismically active zones, often existing in patterns as in Wadati-Benioff zones. They happen as huge quakes with larger magnitudes, as a great deal of energy is released with the forceful collision of the plates.
The mechanics of these earthquakes have puzzled geophysicists, as brittle fracture and frictional sliding at depths exceeding 100-200 km would require great rock strengths which does not seem possible because of the high temperatures in such zones. They are believed to be associated with a catastrophic phase change as large portions of slab or slab-entrained material convert from spinal structure to a more compact perovskite structure.

5.4 centred in Taumaranui, lower North Island, New Zealand.
Upgraded to 5.9

Back
Top Bottom