"Egregores: The Occult Entities That Watch Over Human Destiny" by Mark Stavish

After finishing the Egregore book, I thought about the Reformation. Even if he didn't strike the root, Martin Luther expose at least some Catholic corruption by disputing the 'giving of indulgences'. Whatever positive developments, the Reformation nevertheless resulted in Protestant movements and ideologies that were, in some ways at least, really not that helpful for folks. Where Catholics perhaps relished pleasure too much, many protestants seemed to develop a distaste for everything in life and a sort of defeatedness and their own brand of cruelty.

I am reminded a little of Mathew 1243-45 NIV:
When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

And a unique modern translation just for fun:
When a defiling evil spirit is expelled from someone, it drifts along through the desert looking for an oasis, some unsuspecting soul it can bedevil. When it doesn’t find anyone, it says, ‘I’ll go back to my old haunt.’ On return it finds the person spotlessly clean, but vacant. It then runs out and rounds up seven other spirits more evil than itself and they all move in, whooping it up. That person ends up far worse off than if he’d never gotten cleaned up in the first place. “That’s what this generation is like: You may think you have cleaned out the junk from your lives and gotten ready for God, but you weren’t hospitable to my kingdom message, and now all the devils are moving back in.
I don't think anything like this is in Mark, but a similar verse appears in Luke. I wonder what inspired this verse.

Any group that is looking to higher powers or spirits for anything, especially a free lunch with even vague STS motives is wide open to opportunistic consumption by what we could deem Egregores. A large group may attract something high up in whatever hierarchy they have in 4th density.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom