Eiriu Eolas in Edmonton & Vancouver

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the text suggestion Trevrizent! :D Here is another version, let me know what you think.

EE4_small.jpg

I would just like to chime in to say:
Wow Deedlet, it looks really nice!! ;D

I think you can move the words little bit down. I think it will look better in balance.

Aya said:
I would just like to chime in to say:
Wow Deedlet, it looks really nice!! ;D

I agree, it's great Deedlet, well done! :thup:

Aya said:
I think you can move the words little bit down. I think it will look better in balance.

I agree with this. Also, a couple of other little things:

- between the words "St Jame's Community" a space is missing.
- if we divide this line in two "A stress-control, healing, detoxing and rejuvenation program", like
A stress-control, healing,
detoxing and rejuvenation program​

all fonts will be in the lighter part of the sky so they can read clearer in the print out.

- From where it says "For the first time..." until "...mind and heart", the fonts look a bit fuzzy, and might not look very clear in the printout version.

- can we use the same poster for the flyers in a quarter of a page size? Getting four flyers out of a letter size paper kind of thing.

Other than that, you can send me the finals and i'll start printing :)

Anyone in Vancouver who would like to help with putting flyers and posters around (health food stores, community centers, yoga/dance/acting studios, clinics, hospitals, schools, gyms, etc) you can PM me your mailing address so i can mail you an ad package :flowers:

Thank you Deedlet! :D

All the flyers and posters for the EE Vancouver event have been mailed out to all of you who provided their mailing address, on Friday. I hope that they arrive to you on time, given the ongoing Canada post strikes. Let me know when you receive them, ok?

Also, a reminder that the Edmonton EE meeting is tomorrow Monday at 6 pm, at the Strathcona library. All of you who can make it, are welcomed! We will be talking a bit about the fundamentals od detox and a healthy diet too.

See you there :)

Thanks~ I'll check my mail religiously. I'm trying to ask as many friends of mine that I think would be interested if they'll come as well. :lol:

I've just recently caught wind that the canadian postal worker strike has just become nationwide.
http://clients.infopost.ca/en/2011/06/canada-post-forced-to-shut-down-urban-operations-nationwide/

I haven't received the promotional materials yet, and given the status of the mail, I don't think it's wise to depend on it for the time being. :)

If at all possible, could some high-res flier and poster schematics be posted online or emailed to those interested, so that we may print some of the materials manually?

whitecoast said:
I've just recently caught wind that the canadian postal worker strike has just become nationwide.
http://clients.infopost.ca/en/2011/06/canada-post-forced-to-shut-down-urban-operations-nationwide/

Yup, and it seems to have finally reached BC, as on my walk in to work today I noticed the postal workers standing outside the post office picketing. I don't know if it's similar in Vancouver yet though. I asked a postal worker recently how they plan the strike and she mentioned that they just get an email the night before that they'll be striking the next day, so their is very little advance notice. FWIW.

whitecoast said:

I haven't received the promotional materials yet, and given the status of the mail, I don't think it's wise to depend on it for the time being. :)

If at all possible, could some high-res flier and poster schematics be posted online or emailed to those interested, so that we may print some of the materials manually?

I just sent an e-mail to you and Chuck with the files, just in case. And Deedlet already has them ;) until we see what's the deal with the strike.

Oh, whitecoast, the Edmonton EE group members were asking about you and how you are, and they are sending their regards :D

Just a note about the Edmonton meetings that we booked the Strathcona Library for our July meeting, on Wednesday the 7th, at 6 pm. There will be an announcement in the EE event section soon too.

How great to read this this morning. I live right across the street from the Strathcona Library and will be there on July the 6th for sure!
If there is anything you might need before the event please don't hesitate to let me know.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Hey

I just wanted to note that I dropped off some posters at the library and some coffee shops, and the rec-center in North Van today. :D

The rec-center and the library told me they had speciall staff that does their bulletin board on Mondays so I just left it with them (hopefully they'll put it up.) But the coffee shops let me put it up myself. They were all very adamant about it being a non-profit event though which was kind of funny. I told them all it was non-profit, so they were ok with it. :P

Hogan said:
How great to read this this morning. I live right across the street from the Strathcona Library and will be there on July the 6th for sure!
If there is anything you might need before the event please don't hesitate to let me know.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Hi Hogan,

Great to hear you are so close to the meeting spot! If you would be willing to help with publicity for the next session that would be terrific. We can send some posters and other PR materials to you once the postal strike is settled. You can send your mailing address to: carolyn@eiriu-eolas.org

Thanks for the offer!

Deedlet said:
Hey

I just wanted to note that I dropped off some posters at the library and some coffee shops, and the rec-center in North Van today. :D

That's great, Deedlet! :) Here's to hoping that the post strike is over soon (to the employees benefit if possible, but i am not holding my breath with the current government in place :rolleyes: ) and you all get the mailed posters too.

Hogan, looking forward to meeting you in Edmonton then :)

Added: Here's the EE Edmonton meeting event.

Glad to hear the last EE meeting in Edmonton went well, Alana! I'm honored to receive their well-wishings. :lol:
I started putting up posters around white rock and a place downtown today, and will probably do some more throughout the week if my schedule permits. I already managed to get some people to commit so hopefully we'll see a strong showing for the first run in Vancouver :)

Back
Top Bottom