Eiriu Eolas in Edmonton & Vancouver

I am curious if there is a possibility of organizing another meeting in Edmonton with Caroline? It was the highlight of my own personal life to meet up with such fine, likable, and likeminded people, and would love to do it again. Even if it was only a fellowship meeting. I would also like to become a teacher in the near future, and organize these myself both in Edmonton, and perhaps Calgary. I still have a ways to go in the work before i can actualize this goal, but i think it would be of great benefit for myself, and i am sure for others if this were possible. Short of Alana, and Tim, unfortunately. Although i would love to see the two of you again one day. :) . As well as Neema, D, Tracmec, Rx, Kevin, Approaching Infinity, and anyone else who may be interested. Pretty sure i would have a deer roast available for a potluck.

Still think it would be nice if anyone was willing to participate in a potluck in the near future. Just for a loose gathering, get together type of thing.

Anyways. The reason for my post here is that i am looking for an honest mirror from the people that i have met in person. If you have met me in one of the few meetings i attended, would you please speak up, and give me a little analysis of how i came across to you? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

davey72 said:
Anyways. The reason for my post here is that i am looking for an honest mirror from the people that i have met in person. If you have met me in one of the few meetings i attended, would you please speak up, and give me a little analysis of how i came across to you? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi Davey,

We've met a few times at EE events in Edmonton, but I don't think there is enough data to present a full on mirror or analysis in the sense you describe it. From our interactions you appear to be congenial, intelligent and easy going, eager to learn and ask questions. You picked up the EE techniques fairly quickly and seemed willing to share and converse with others in an open and friendly way. From the feedback received from you, I would say that you've made commendable progress, especially considering some the difficulties you've had to overcome from your past.

Although, I'm still not sure why are you asking for these observations? Is there something else going on that you want to talk about? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that you may be feeling a little isolated now that some of us have moved on and are missing regular face to face interactions with other group members. I can certainly understand if that's the case. Alberta is a very big place, spread out with low population density and it seems unlikely that there will be any more meetings in that area in the foreseeable future.

That's one of the great things about the forum. It exists as a virtual meeting place for those of like mind who don't always have the luxury of being in physical proximity with each other. And if you're so inclined, there's always the option of taking steps to create that reality by working on becoming an EE teacher yourself. If you're strictly following the diet, keeping up with the recommended book list, interacting on the forum, reading the SOTT page (or consider becoming an editor), signed up as a member of FOTCM and practice EE regularly, then you could apply to become a teacher too and not only help people in your area but help yourself and the group as well. The world could always use another EE teacher!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for you reply Tim. It does help.

Although, I'm still not sure why are you asking for these observations? Is there something else going on that you want to talk about? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that you may be feeling a little isolated now that some of us have moved on and are missing regular face to face interactions with other group members. I can certainly understand if that's the case. Alberta is a very big place, spread out with low population density and it seems unlikely that there will be any more meetings in that area in the foreseeable future.

I suppose this is part of the reason. I guess i feel isolated in general, but I am also a little bummed that after finally getting to meet some people from the forum, and like you said it doesn't seem that will happen again anytime soon. I also feel like i'm stagnating. If i think about it i am still doing things when i am able to. I finally have some of the reccomended books coming to the library in the closest town to me for one, but i never feel i am doing enough. I still give in to cravings once in awhile regarding diet, but never gluten, or dairy.

I still have a goal of becoming an EE instructor, but in my situation it may take awhile before i am able to do this. I need to take more action, which is another reason i asked. I would like to have more such mirroring so as to learn about myself, but you are right. It's hard given our limited interactions.

I suppose this question is a bit of a halfhearted attempt. I have had the goal of writing in the swamp, but aside from starting many times, it has never happened. I will leave it at that, as this probably isn't the best thread for the topic.

The swamp is always there for you. It's doesn't have to be an epic problem to post there. Just where you're at, especially if it isn't the greatest place. We're all still here.

Just keep taking the next step and the next step. You might be amazed at where you end up.

davey72 said:
Thanks for you reply Tim. It does help.

I suppose this is part of the reason. I guess i feel isolated in general, but I am also a little bummed that after finally getting to meet some people from the forum, and like you said it doesn't seem that will happen again anytime soon. I also feel like i'm stagnating. If i think about it i am still doing things when i am able to. I finally have some of the reccomended books coming to the library in the closest town to me for one, but i never feel i am doing enough. I still give in to cravings once in awhile regarding diet, but never gluten, or dairy.

I still have a goal of becoming an EE instructor, but in my situation it may take awhile before i am able to do this. I need to take more action, which is another reason i asked. I would like to have more such mirroring so as to learn about myself, but you are right. It's hard given our limited interactions.

I suppose this question is a bit of a halfhearted attempt. I have had the goal of writing in the swamp, but aside from starting many times, it has never happened. I will leave it at that, as this probably isn't the best thread for the topic.

Hi davey72, fwiw, although Timótheos discussed Alberta being a big place and all, there are still a few of us around in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and parts east. Perhaps down the road we can all meet up again. Also, as herondancer refers, the forum is here to help and one can always be more specific in the swamp.

Possibly for you too, coming out of a cold winter in light of the directions and signs noticed, which may speak often enough of our own northern geographical realities and limitations. Not sure if this is something on your mind or not? Anyway, although seemingly far away, people here are really never very far at all.

Hey Davey72,

I would also like another meet-up since I still haven't really met anyone here. I've been almost completely inactive on the forum for the past 1/2 year due to a serious depression which I hid from everyone except my sister in China who could do nothing about it and my husband but even they didn't know how bad it had gotten for me. I think moving my family 4 times in the last 5 years and the last one being a very traumatic international move left me vulnerable and then adding one more major trauma to that at christmas broke me down and I literally could not get up again for 4 months. I've spent the last month dealing with the addiction that I developed in order to make it through this (escaping into the worlds of vampire romance novels- seriously embarrassing to admit!!!) and I'm finally back on my way to recovery. Began EE again, fixing diet, not fanatically reading stupid stuff etc..
I would like to share more as part of my own healing but the story is a bit long and I don't really want everyone to know it…maybe just a few.

Thank goodness for spring! Even though I don't understand it exactly, as soon as the time changed and there was more light in my day, my daughter who had also been depressed since the move felt so much happier and so did I. This was a very good thing, because I was about to enlist the help of professional counseling for her- why I never considered this for myself, I have no idea :huh:

I've reemerged from my house after a very long winter and I'm ready to meet the community around me again and I would prefer it be the safer members of this forum than anyone else at this point to tell the truth:) I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

Hi RX. It's good to hear that you are back on track. Have you considered sending in an application for FOTCM? Membership will also allow you to access the private members only part of the forum which can be valuable when you want to limit who views your posts.
I will also wait for replies to see if we can set up a meeting in the future. :)

Rx said:
Hey Davey72,

I would also like another meet-up since I still haven't really met anyone here. I've been almost completely inactive on the forum for the past 1/2 year due to a serious depression which I hid from everyone except my sister in China who could do nothing about it and my husband but even they didn't know how bad it had gotten for me. I think moving my family 4 times in the last 5 years and the last one being a very traumatic international move left me vulnerable and then adding one more major trauma to that at christmas broke me down and I literally could not get up again for 4 months. I've spent the last month dealing with the addiction that I developed in order to make it through this (escaping into the worlds of vampire romance novels- seriously embarrassing to admit!!!) and I'm finally back on my way to recovery. Began EE again, fixing diet, not fanatically reading stupid stuff etc..
I would like to share more as part of my own healing but the story is a bit long and I don't really want everyone to know it…maybe just a few.

Thank goodness for spring! Even though I don't understand it exactly, as soon as the time changed and there was more light in my day, my daughter who had also been depressed since the move felt so much happier and so did I. This was a very good thing, because I was about to enlist the help of professional counseling for her- why I never considered this for myself, I have no idea :huh:

I've reemerged from my house after a very long winter and I'm ready to meet the community around me again and I would prefer it be the safer members of this forum than anyone else at this point to tell the truth:) I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

I'm really sorry to hear about the struggles and trials you and your daughter have been facing. If it's something you feel like you need to vent or delve deeper into for your own healing journey, the swamp board is also a useful place that's more private than the public boards (but less so than the FOTCM member's forum).

Is there a chance the depression could have come in part from the Canadian winter combined with a seasonal affective sensitivity? (I don't like calling that a disorder). There's a hundred other factors that could be at play too, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

davey72 said:
Hi RX. It's good to hear that you are back on track. Have you considered sending in an application for FOTCM? Membership will also allow you to access the private members only part of the forum which can be valuable when you want to limit who views your posts.
I will also wait for replies to see if we can set up a meeting in the future. :)

I would like to make clear the bolded part because too many people get the wrong idea. Joining FOTCM does not automatically give one access to the private board. Each member is considered on many different points. So those who join simply because they want to be on that board may be disappointed.

Nienna said:
davey72 said:

I would like to make clear the bolded part because too many people get the wrong idea. Joining FOTCM does not automatically give one access to the private board. Each member is considered on many different points. So those who join simply because they want to be on that board may be disappointed.

Actually, this is the case for me. I am already a member of the FOTCM but because of inconsistent posting on the forum here, I don't have access to the members board. Unfortunately the last 6 years have been VERY difficult and left me staggering between rounds of painful lessons and experiences like a boxer. It seems I would just manage to reorient myself and get myself back on my feet before the next knockdown. Taking care of 3 children, work, etc. with no family support at the same time left me with very little free time and I chose to research and read on the forum in order to best prepare for the next setback or heal from the last one. Thank god for that info too! It literally saved my life or my husbands life more than once.

I understand and appreciate the administrators of FOTCM and their diligence with screening members otherwise it would not be the safe place that it is to grow, learn and connect with others. Unfortunately, I'm still on the outside and working my way in on account of too many moves and too much upheaval. Even though I don't love Edmonton, my husband and I NEVER want to move again and hopefully staying in one place and making some connections back on the forum and in the real world will keep us from being so vulnerable.

Thank you for checking in with me Davey72 and Whitecoast. It means a lot that after such an inconsistent existence on this forum that anyone recognizes me at all especially now that I'm feeling a bit worse for wear:)

Just for the record I would like to mention that regardless of whether there is written evidence or not, I have ALWAYS been engaged in work on myself- since I was 7 years old in fact because it is just who I am and where I'm at. But I do very much appreciate the support here and hope to offer it back again in whatever way presents itself.

As for this last traumatic episode, maybe I'll write it just to Laura since she's already a bit familiar with part of it...

Rx

Hello, everyone! I'm here to announce that Eiriu Eolas is returning to the Greater Vancouver Area next week, in Surrey. In this 2.5 hour class we will be discussing the science of stress and the nervous system, and various breathing and meditative exercises that strengthen the body's innate resilience against stress.

The class is at 4:15pm on Saturday November 28. It is located at Endless Shore Yoga, which is in the upstairs room 222 at 2570 King George Blvd in Surrey, BC. The attendance contribution is $20, but is sliding scale so if anyone wants to come but cannot afford to pay $20 accommodations will be made - no one will be turned away for lack of funds. :)

Attachments

• EEposter Nov28.jpg
    EEposter Nov28.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 80
I am so happy to read this, whitecoast! I wish you all the best in your classes and I hope our Canadian members spread the word so as to reach people in Vancouver.

I made a post about it on EE FB:

https://www.facebook.com/%C3%89iri%C3%BA-Eolas-268081327143/

Let me know if you want anything edited and I'll do it.

Edit to add: It's also posted on the EE events website, I think Scottie added it: http://eiriu-eolas.org/2015/11/19/eiriu-eolas-classes-in-vancouver/

:clap: :cheer: :thup:

Alana said:
I am so happy to read this, whitecoast! I wish you all the best in your classes and I hope our Canadian members spread the word so as to reach people in Vancouver.
Agree. Congrats, whitecoast!

Back
Top Bottom