May 26th Thursday 6:30 - 9:00 P.M

it takes place at

Quest Bookshop
240 East 53rd Street
(between 2nd and 3rd avenues)
New York, NY 10022-5201
(212) 758-5521

Hope to see you there!

I think my schedule will finally allow me to come again! My girlfriend and I came in January, and haven't been able to attend since. Now that I am getting better acclimated to the forum and getting to know some of you here, I am excited by the possibility of getting to know/meet you all in person (perhaps some for a second time).

My first group EE session was quite lovely, and I really appreciated the welcoming atmosphere. Put me at ease and gave me the strength to dive even further and fuller. Fingers crossed that I don't run into any last minute conflicts this month :D

I was going to start a seperate thread for this question, but it may be appropriate here:

I recently became a "listener" level member of FOTCM, and was quite excited to see so many members in Brooklyn. I was wondering if any of you FOTCMers meet in person besides the EE sessions? I really want to get connected in with FOTCM and be active, but I am having trouble finding ways to contribute. Most of the time, I search function and have my mind blown by entirely thourough threads on whatever topic I intend to research so I don't want to add noise. I've been tearing through my reading list and that has been my main focus right now, but I need to improve my networking skills. Alas, I have always been something of a recluse. :-[ No more!

Dance projects? 4th Way discussion groups? Other STO action in this insomniac city?? I heard about the potlucks, and I know I'll make one of those sometime :)

SethianSeth said:
I think my schedule will finally allow me to come again! My girlfriend and I came in January, and haven't been able to attend since. Now that I am getting better acclimated to the forum and getting to know some of you here, I am excited by the possibility of getting to know/meet you all in person (perhaps some for a second time).

that's wonderful SethianSeth. Looking forward to meet you.

SethianSeth said:
I recently became a "listener" level member of FOTCM, and was quite excited to see so many members in Brooklyn. I was wondering if any of you FOTCMers meet in person besides the EE sessions? I really want to get connected in with FOTCM and be active, but I am having trouble finding ways to contribute. Most of the time, I search function and have my mind blown by entirely thourough threads on whatever topic I intend to research so I don't want to add noise. I've been tearing through my reading list and that has been my main focus right now, but I need to improve my networking skills. Alas, I have always been something of a recluse. :-[ No more!

Many members come to EE sessions and at that time you can meet them. To avoid negative feedback loops we strongly discourage separate meetings of members, unless you are involved in some projects that needs meeting individually. This is discussed some where in the forum.

SethianSeth said:
Dance projects? 4th Way discussion groups? Other STO action in this insomniac city?? I heard about the potlucks, and I know I'll make one of those sometime :)

We do potlucks after the EE sessions once in a while. Regarding the Dance Projects , we try to invite all the FOTCM members as for as possible, depending up on location, space and logistics etc. We encourage you to attend classes, that helps to get to know others and your comfort level will increase.

seek10 said:
To avoid negative feedback loops we strongly discourage separate meetings of members, unless you are involved in some projects that needs meeting individually. This is discussed some where in the forum.

This makes a lot of sense. I must have missed this area of the forum. I will seek it out, certainly.

Many thoughts directed toward "payment" and "schoolwork" have been really hammering home the need to become useful to some project which benefits FOTCM. This was in mind when I asked the question.

I appreciate the info, seek10!

EE classes for June in New York:

Date & Time : June 12th 2-4 PM

A.R.E. of New York
Edgar Cayce Center
241 West 30th Street
2nd FL, buzz in #102
New York, NY 10001
212-691-7690

The following three classes are at Quest:

Quest Bookshop
240 East 53rd Street (between 2nd and 3rd avenues)
New York, NY 10022-5201
USA
(212) 758-5521

Saturday, June 18th 2pm - 4pm
Thursday, June 23rd 6pm - 9pm
Thursday, June 30th 6pm - 9pm

Hope to see you there!

I don't know if its what you are looking for, but if you all would care to use my home as a gathering place to teach EE,you are welcome to it. I live on Staten Island,although I'm unaware of the membership here.Anyway ,I'm putting it out there as a possibility and a service I can do.I am 5min. from the Verrazano bridge.There is also the only (i think ) Tibetan museum that is perfect for meditation practice that has events from all over the world held at its tranquil lighthouse hill location. Who knows? just put it out there. I also didn't see what was happening in NYC in July or august. Any EE events? Thanks for all you do everyone!

The next class in July is:

Saturday, July 30th

A.R.E. of New York
Edgar Cayce Center
241 West 30th Street
2nd FL, buzz in #102
New York, NY 10001
212-691-7690

5:15pm - 7:15pm

I used to live in Staten Island and visited the Tibetan Museum. From what I remember, it was a lovely place. While it may be a bit far for some members to travel, it's a good thing to keep in mind. Thanks and hope to see you at the next ee class. :)

Hi supriyanoel,

You could also get an account on meetup.com, classes are usually listed there and you will receive alerts and get a chance to rate them and post comments about it, I think all of the NYC attendants are registered in there as well, and that's how I usually get the dates for EE.

Hope to meet you soon!

Just a reminder that our next EE class is tomorrow,

Thursday, August 18, 2011, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Quest Bookshop
New York, NY 10022-5201
USA
(212) 758-5521

Hope to see you there!

September EE class schedule:

Saturday, September 10 - 12:30pm -2:30pm
Thursday, September 15 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, September 24 - 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Thursday, September 29 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Quest Bookshop
New York, NY 10022-5201
USA
(212) 758-5521

Hope to see you there!

Here's our new schedule for EE classes!

Thursday, November 3rd from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
Quest Bookshop
New York, NY 10022-5201
(212) 758-5521

Thursday, November 10th from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
Westbeth Community Center
155 Bank Street (Between Washington Street and West Side Highway – enter through the courtyard)
New York, NY 10014

Thursday, November 17th from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
Westbeth Community Center
155 Bank Street (Between Washington Street and West Side Highway – enter through the courtyard)
New York, NY 10014

Please RSVP at the link below if you're coming (also good for social proofing ;) )

http://www.meetup.com/Eiriu-Eolas/events/39300732/

Hope to see you there!

Back
Top Bottom