Eiriu Eolas in Spain - interested in helping and participating?

Don Genaro said:
I must say that for most of this week I have been catching myself holding my breath. I know I've done it in the past but it seems I'm doing it more. Maybe I'm just noticing more but I don't think so. Because it causes quite a lot of discomfort. I wouldn't say I'm suffocating or having panic attacks or anything. I actually feel quite calm. It's like I just constantly stop breathing and notice and then have to make myself start again. It's even happened several times whilst writing this post. I think it may be due to some of that resistance I was speaking about in my post to Jordi. I only hope it means I'm close to some sort of breakthrough.

It happened to me sth like that about 5-7 years ago and I think to remember that I was I was a bit anxious at that moment or living with a bit of anxiety, fwiw.

Maybe practicing EE daily without the beatha or even just the pipe breathing would change it.

miguel said:
Don Genaro said:
I must say that for most of this week I have been catching myself holding my breath. I know I've done it in the past but it seems I'm doing it more. Maybe I'm just noticing more but I don't think so. Because it causes quite a lot of discomfort. I wouldn't say I'm suffocating or having panic attacks or anything. I actually feel quite calm. It's like I just constantly stop breathing and notice and then have to make myself start again. It's even happened several times whilst writing this post. I think it may be due to some of that resistance I was speaking about in my post to Jordi. I only hope it means I'm close to some sort of breakthrough.

It happened to me sth like that about 5-7 years ago and I think to remember that I was I was a bit anxious at that moment or living with a bit of anxiety, fwiw.

Maybe practicing EE daily without the beatha or even just the pipe breathing would change it.

Yes! I think this might be due to the fact that, right now, you are going through a lot. During the course, we spoke about it, and you seemed to notice that a lot of emotions were"on the surface", but that your body still showed some resistance to them being expressed. So, posting about what is going on with your life, plus gentle belly and pipe breathing and the POTS at night, will help you, I think.

There are times when we feel a lot of blocked up emotions wanting to explode, and it is important to breathe, and be patient with oneself. You need to feel safe in order to express those emotions that are literally taking your breath away, but in a gentle way so that you have time to process everything. And you have all this network to help you. :D

Ailén said:
miguel said:
Don Genaro said:

Yes! I think this might be due to the fact that, right now, you are going through a lot. During the course, we spoke about it, and you seemed to notice that a lot of emotions were"on the surface", but that your body still showed some resistance to them being expressed. So, posting about what is going on with your life, plus gentle belly and pipe breathing and the POTS at night, will help you, I think.

There are times when we feel a lot of blocked up emotions wanting to explode, and it is important to breathe, and be patient with oneself. You need to feel safe in order to express those emotions that are literally taking your breath away, but in a gentle way so that you have time to process everything. And you have all this network to help you. :D
Yes I'm sticking with the program as advised. I think as well as processing a lot of emotions it may also be that I am becoming more aware of living in a pretty constant state of stress. Since we tend to hold our breath to suppress emotion maybe I'm noticing it more? Maybe since the emotions are closer to the surface the resistance has increased in proportion. So yes, EE every day and ba ha twice a week! It also occurred to me that my body is aching to breathe properly again and my diaphragm has forgotten how!

Back
Top Bottom