Éiriú-Eolas Online Workshops and Practice - Public

Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone for your patience tonight as I tried to make the meeting happen despite my inefficient technical skills. It did happen in the end - although in two parts :-[ Like I said, I'll take this as a learning point that we must have a back-up plan in place in case neither Luis nor Yas are able to make it in the future as well.
Thank you for your understanding :wizard:
Thanks a lot. I think it would be great to have a back-up as well. But the online EE has been taking place for almost a year, almost without a break, so kudos to Luis and Yas for that commitment. Thanks again, to you, Ant22.

Thank you Aneta and Rao for taking care of today's meeting! The power went down here, we turned on the gas generator with some difficulties, and the noise scared the house cat so we had to go out to find him... we couldn't, but he returned later on quite casually :lol:

I would like to inform @logos5x5 that I did sing - and the technical issues you can read on this thread about aren't just my attempt to get out of it :-P
:lol: I'm sure you did great, Aneta! I'm just disappointed that I wasn't there :clap:

Hello everyone,

I just wasnt to apologize for today. As Luis explained, first, we lost power in the house just before the meeting should start, and then we realized that our cat was missing and we all got really worried and started looking for him.

We should have let you know at least, but we were all around the house looking for the cat and we totally missed it. I'm glad that @Ant22 managed to take care of it, thank you so much!

Thank you Aneta and Rao for taking care of today's meeting! The power went down here, we turned on the gas generator with some difficulties, and the noise scared the house cat so we had to go out to find him... we couldn't, but he returned later on quite casually :lol:
I just wasnt to apologize for today. As Luis explained, first, we lost power in the house just before the meeting should start, and then we realized that our cat was missing and we all got really worried and started looking for him.

We should have let you know at least, but we were all around the house looking for the cat and we totally missed it. I'm glad that @Ant22 managed to take care of it, thank you so much!

As cassandra said, those meetings have been running for an entire year under your supervision without any issues, so it's not a big deal. As a massive furry critter lover I'd worry about my fur baby too, so that's understandable. Luckily Rao was there to help out too. And on my part, if there's ever a need for me to take over the running of the meeting I'll make sure to be more effective and efficient :-)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank everyone for your patience tonight as I tried to make the meeting happen despite my inefficient technical skills. It did happen in the end - although in two parts :-[ Like I said, I'll take this as a learning point that we must have a back-up plan in place in case neither Luis nor Yas are able to make it in the future as well.
Thanks for taking care of that Ant! logos5x5, Yas and myself had a bit of a domestic issue to take care of as they've explained already, which took all of our attention for a while. We are sorry we didn't let everyone know in time! :-[

As cassandra said, those meetings have been running for an entire year under your supervision without any issues, so it's not a big deal. As a massive furry critter lover I'd worry about my fur baby too, so that's understandable.
I don't think it's any excuse, but we did panick there for a while. The cat is not familiar with the area and there's big dogs wandering all over so we were fearing all sorts of scary scenarios. Still, we should have looked at the clock and posted something. So thanks again for the help and understanding!

I don't think it's any excuse, but we did panick there for a while. The cat is not familiar with the area and there's big dogs wandering all over so we were fearing all sorts of scary scenarios. Still, we should have looked at the clock and posted something. So thanks again for the help and understanding!
I hope kitty is OK!! I know how it is to have cats go missing. Anyway, Ant22 was a terrific hostess and entertainer, so all's well that ends well. We all had fun.

Since I wrote the sentence with the cow, I've been feeling guilty because it's not easy to make a joke in a foreign language, I've noticed.... I didn't mean to be rude with that stupid joke... I'm sorry and I thought you had a beautiful voice :hug2: Thanks for saving the meeting today :wizard:

Oh Millea, there's no need to feel guilty, I certainly didn't take your joke as rude or stupid! It was me who compared the sound of my own voice to a cow in the previous meeting, all you did was turn it into a bit of a friendly little joke among our group. To me it shows we have managed to create engaging and comfortable group dynamics in our circle :thup: I think it's OK to have a little laugh from time to time if it doesn't distract us from the serious Work we're doing. The world is grim and serious enough.

And just to conclude tonight, I'd like to let everyone know that we've already agreed on a back-up plan to ensure meetings will run smoothly in the future :-)

Last edited:

I want to thank Aneta and Rao as well for taking care of things! :flowers:

Sometimes things happen we don't expect and go in ways we would't have thought of. But as embarrasing and inconvenient it might be, it only shows how we can improve things and what we need to reckon with. I attended an online workshop last weekend, and one of the things we talked about was the importance of doing mistakes. So if mistakes happen, they show the weaknesses of a system or learning path, method or whatever, and thus can serve as information to show us how to react and adjust. So, apologies are accepted! And I agree it's good to have a back-up plan for such cases of emergency in the future.

I too hope everything is well with the cat!

Since I wrote the sentence with the cow, I've been feeling guilty because it's not easy to make a joke in a foreign language, I've noticed.... I didn't mean to be rude with that stupid joke... I'm sorry and I thought you had a beautiful voice :hug2: Thanks for saving the meeting today :wizard:
I can understand that. I very often have the same problem. For me it is not only about speaking in a foreign language but also with people from different cultures, even in my own land and even with people whom I thought shared my culture. Well: All there is are lessons :lol: .... 🌺

Just like to add my 'Thank you' to @Ant22 and @seek10 for enabling the EE session tonight. I finished the Beatha and Meditation on my own after the break and then had to make arrangements with my sister to look after my mum as my dad was kept in hospital this evening after his dialysis due to some concern about his heart rate. He'll be fine and hopefully home tomorrow. It was a precautionary step.
A pity I missed your singing but well done @Ant22. It's not easy when you don't feel confident in your singing abilities.

I'm glad kitty made it back safely. Still 8 lives left! :-)

See you all next week!

Back
Top Bottom