Enforcement of VAX escalating

I've seen articles stating CDC's new rules say unvaccinated people are treated the same as vaccinated people. I have not verified it yet in the CDC guidance. If it is true, then employers requiring anything different for unvaccinated employees may be opening themselves up to more legal trouble, eg disability and religious discrimination for weekly testing of unvaccinated.

Getting caught up in the judiciary and administration was not my interest either. So I went for a "dirty" solution that cost me some money.
In Germany this is the only way besides losing your job. I think the rulers would be shocked if they knew how many people in the health care sector are 'flying under the radar' this way.
I went through my very private hell for months in a row: was threatened by my employer with instant dismissal, by the public health department with fines and restraining orders. I've learnt that if you need a lawyer you cannot freely choose one (if you're a murderer or rapist you can), but you must choose a lawyer who shares your opinion on the mandates. Other lawyers simply won't take your case.
I've learnt how to whiggle my way through this dystopian nightmare without being silenced but I had to made admissions although I didn't betray my knowledge.
All this led to a high-functioning depression and I stopped contributing here. I felt so embarrassed when the C's spoke of 'slackers' in the last session but couldn't help it.

In Germany this is the only way besides losing your job. I think the rulers would be shocked if they knew how many people in the health care sector are 'flying under the radar' this way.

I think we would be surprised by how many of the "rulers" aren't doing what they preach. Don't beat yourself over it as ultimately it's your body and no one should force you to put anything in it that you don't want to.

I went through my very private hell for months in a row: was threatened by my employer with instant dismissal, by the public health department with fines and restraining orders. I've learnt that if you need a lawyer you cannot freely choose one (if you're a murderer or rapist you can), but you must choose a lawyer who shares your opinion on the mandates. Other lawyers simply won't take your case.
I've learnt how to whiggle my way through this dystopian nightmare without being silenced but I had to made admissions although I didn't betray my knowledge.
All this led to a high-functioning depression and I stopped contributing here. I felt so embarrassed when the C's spoke of 'slackers' in the last session but couldn't help it.

I feel for you Tauriel. Everything has become so hard and so incredibly weird since the start of 2020. You're not alone the stress of everything has led me spiralling down into a depression too and I reacted the same to the C's message about slackers. These are such trying times and I feel so totally helpless but we must try to weather this storm and we'll do this better together than seperately. Hugs to you! :hug2: Please stay strong!

In Deutschland ist das die einzige Möglichkeit, außer den Job zu verlieren. Ich denke, die Machthaber wären schockiert, wenn sie wüssten, wie viele Menschen im Gesundheitswesen auf diese Weise „unter dem Radar fliegen“.
Ich bin monatelang durch meine ganz private Hölle gegangen: wurde von meinem Arbeitgeber mit fristloser Kündigung bedroht, vom Gesundheitsamt mit Bußgeldern und einstweiligen Verfügungen. Ich habe gelernt, dass man einen Anwalt nicht frei wählen kann (wenn man ein Mörder oder Vergewaltiger ist, kann man das), aber man muss einen Anwalt wählen, der seine Meinung zu den Mandaten teilt. Andere Anwälte werden Ihren Fall einfach nicht übernehmen.
Ich habe gelernt, wie ich mich durch diesen dystopischen Albtraum schlängeln kann, ohne zum Schweigen gebracht zu werden, aber ich musste Zugeständnisse machen, obwohl ich mein Wissen nicht verriet.
All dies führte zu einer hochfunktionalen Depression und ich hörte auf, hier einen Beitrag zu leisten. Es war mir so peinlich, als die Cs in der letzten Sitzung von „Faulpelzen“ sprachen, aber ich konnte nicht anders.
The same problem with me too. The word lazy gave me a boost and I felt that I had to do something again. I had disappeared in an unspeakable valley, just functioning for months, waiting for the coup de grace. It is such a misery to have to endure everything and I actually began to negotiate with the cosmic spirit that it is best to take me out of this 3D-STS world now. Somewhere everyone has his limits and I was completely empty, visionless and burnt out. It was probably one of the most difficult times in life for all of us. But my fighting strength has remained and I have the rope in my hand again that pulls me upwards. But everything has become so difficult and the next swamp is probably already waiting. We stand this through @Tauriel :hug2:

You're not alone the stress of everything has led me spiralling down into a depression too and I reacted the same to the C's message about slackers.
Jebra, I truly hope you feel better by now. For sure the C's set some trigger by using the term.

I know I'm no slacker in the usual sense but more of a workoholic on speed (the crazier the times the more work load I create for myself) so I thought 'slacking' can also mean hiding behind all the work that has to be done while avoiding the deep work.... and the networking.

The same problem with me too. The word lazy gave me a boost and I felt that I had to do something again. I had disappeared in an unspeakable valley, just functioning for months, waiting for the coup de grace
Nachtweide, you describe the state so well. Glad you reappeared to reach out.

But since this is a thread about enforced vaccination---
The German governing puppets have decided to 'offer' a 2nd booster to all people above 60, medical personnel, immunodeficient kids aged 5 and older and other immunodeficient people plus all the residents of a home. A booster shall be 'recommended' every 6 months.
Whistle blowers showed that the vaccination crews send to old-age-homes have learned a lot from their brown forefathers.
The vaxx-teams are just starting the next round of visitations.

Right now I'm having covid which ia a good thing because it will spare me the next harassment starting in October.
From October only people with a booster will be 'fully vaccinated'. So all medical personnel with only 2 doses will be harrased again.
Becoming infected with covid counts as a booster though.

Jebra, I truly hope you feel better by now. For sure the C's set some trigger by using the term.

I know I'm no slacker in the usual sense but more of a workoholic on speed (the crazier the times the more work load I create for myself) so I thought 'slacking' can also mean hiding behind all the work that has to be done while avoiding the deep work.... and the networking.

Nachtweide, you describe the state so well. Glad you reappeared to reach out.

But since this is a thread about enforced vaccination---
The German governing puppets have decided to 'offer' a 2nd booster to all people above 60, medical personnel, immunodeficient kids aged 5 and older and other immunodeficient people plus all the residents of a home. A booster shall be 'recommended' every 6 months.
Whistle blowers showed that the vaccination crews send to old-age-homes have learned a lot from their brown forefathers.
The vaxx-teams are just starting the next round of visitations.

Right now I'm having covid which ia a good thing because it will spare me the next harassment starting in October.
From October only people with a booster will be 'fully vaccinated'. So all medical personnel with only 2 doses will be harrased again.
Becoming infected with covid counts as a booster though.

Tauriel, I can relate. I've been going through a funk myself the last several months. Not entirely due to COVID tyranny, but partly. I went through a period of months where it looked like I'd probably lose my job for refusing the jab. On top of that, I've been working from home since March 2020 - in my case, meaning a tiny one bedroom apartment. The campus 'reopened' a while ago but was enforcing masks (vaxxed or not lol) and I wasn't having any part of that. As time has gone on, I've definitely felt myself slipping - self-discipline has collapsed, and I regularly go days without doing anything related to my professional work. I'm usually highly self-motivated and extremely productive.

It got even worse over the last several months: my post-doctoral position is ending (in a couple weeks now), and I've been trying to find a position as a professor. That hasn't gone well: I got three interviews, but no offers. All of the professors at the department are shocked, because on paper I compare very favorably to others in my field at a similar career stage (lots of publications, lots of citations, heavy involvement with reviewing, teaching experience with excellent student evaluations, lots of public outreach experience, etc etc). They all figured I'd get snapped up, but no. While I can't prove it, my gut feeling is that the reason is simple: while I 'check all the boxes' professionally, I check none of the boxes from a DIE perspective. I've got unfashionable skin color, and unfashionable sex organs, with which I prefer to do unfashionable things with unfashionable partners. Next to that my professional qualifications count for nothing. Like I said, I can't prove this (it's not like hiring committees will out and say, sorry, you're a straight white guy), but the majority of the new professors I see getting hired are women or non-white or gay, faculty and admin are constantly talking about the overriding importance of the unholy trinity of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity, and some institutions openly say they prefer to hire 'equity-deserving individuals'.

So on the one hand, I've been isolated in my little apartment with all the psychological effects produced by social deprivation. On the other, I've had the feeling that there's no point to doing any of my usual scientific activities, because it doesn't seem to matter how good I am, only what my biology is. Whenever I even think about sitting down to do some research, feelings of resentment and bitterness well up and wash away any desire to do it. That's especially galling to me because I (used to) love doing research, just for its own sake. It's a one-two punch from the two pathologies infecting our social order. The result is that I've effectively been 'on strike' ... afflicted with a sort of paralyzing lassitude ... and contemplating with dread a future that looks like a void, where I can't see any obvious path forward.

Yet at the same time (because I don't want this to end on a depressing note), I'm also kind of excited. To tell the truth, I've come to despise academia - the last two years have utterly ruined it for me, due both to the takeover of DIE and to the moral abomination of forcing needles into the students' arms. If a door is being slammed in my face because I have the wrong biology, perhaps that's for the best - it's not really a club I want to belong to anymore. Maybe that's sour grapes (there's an element of that), but I've come to suspect I liked the idea of being good enough to be a professor more than I liked the idea of actually being a professor. I mean, who wants to spend their life writing grant proposals and being subjected to the arbitrary whims of the midwit education majors in administration? At any rate, I've found that the more I let go of the concept that there's only one career path open to me, the less I resent effectively being forced off that path.

At any rate, I've found that the more I let go of the concept that there's only one career path open to me, the less I resent effectively being forced off that path.

I think that's the right perspective to keep. It's not my story, but this might help inspire you.

I was at a social gathering this summer and this man (mid-forties) was telling me about his and his wife's experience. They had a very successful business in alternative health and they were both very skilled and knowledgeable in what they were doing. Myself and my extented family were helped by both on numerous occasions. When the mandates for vaccination came, it was either they got the vaccine or they couldn't work. They both said No and shut down their entire establishment.

When I inquired about their current whereabouts, he said that he started working as a mason, renovating apartments. Now, the man used to give the best massages and could tell you the physical and energy dysfunction of your body just by watching you walk a few steps. And he still can do it, but only privately, while his main occupation now is building and plumbing. And he sounded like he loved his new occupation! It's not that he doesn't love what he did before, but he found something else that he enjoys learning and developing his skills for.

From what you share above, I can see that you came to the same conclusion yourself. So keep looking, while remaining curious and open to possibilities. You might too find something new to love, for which you wouldn't have to sell your principles and your well-being.

Yet at the same time (because I don't want this to end on a depressing note), I'm also kind of excited. To tell the truth, I've come to despise academia - the last two years have utterly ruined it for me, due both to the takeover of DIE and to the moral abomination of forcing needles into the students' arms. If a door is being slammed in my face because I have the wrong biology, perhaps that's for the best - it's not really a club I want to belong to anymore. Maybe that's sour grapes (there's an element of that), but I've come to suspect I liked the idea of being good enough to be a professor more than I liked the idea of actually being a professor. I mean, who wants to spend their life writing grant proposals and being subjected to the arbitrary whims of the midwit education majors in administration? At any rate, I've found that the more I let go of the concept that there's only one career path open to me, the less I resent effectively being forced off that path.

Oh dear, even though I'm self-employed, I can relate to your story. Me too I have to deal with so much corporate and woke nonsense, and it really can get you depressed and demotivated. Perhaps at some point one really needs to think differently about life, try different models, change some assumptions...

I agree with you and Alana, this could be an opportunity. You could still satisfy your intellectual drive by publishing on the internet, perhaps even anonymously if you want to go rogue and talk about your experience with DIE (substack seems like a good place for that sort of thing), and/or contribute here...

As Paul said,

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

These idiotic professors and administrators and the entire apparatchik in our crazy world - they feel very strong and powerful. But spiritually, they are dirt, they are nothing. Those who see, and who suffer because of it, feel incredibly weak and powerless. But spiritually, they are giants. And this WILL play itself out, eventually. Take heart :-)

Tauriel, I can relate. I've been going through a funk myself the last several months. Not entirely due to COVID tyranny, but partly. I went through a period of months where it looked like I'd probably lose my job for refusing the jab. On top of that, I've been working from home since March 2020 - in my case, meaning a tiny one bedroom apartment. The campus 'reopened' a while ago but was enforcing masks (vaxxed or not lol) and I wasn't having any part of that. As time has gone on, I've definitely felt myself slipping - self-discipline has collapsed, and I regularly go days without doing anything related to my professional work. I'm usually highly self-motivated and extremely productive.

It got even worse over the last several months: my post-doctoral position is ending (in a couple weeks now), and I've been trying to find a position as a professor. That hasn't gone well: I got three interviews, but no offers. All of the professors at the department are shocked, because on paper I compare very favorably to others in my field at a similar career stage (lots of publications, lots of citations, heavy involvement with reviewing, teaching experience with excellent student evaluations, lots of public outreach experience, etc etc). They all figured I'd get snapped up, but no. While I can't prove it, my gut feeling is that the reason is simple: while I 'check all the boxes' professionally, I check none of the boxes from a DIE perspective. I've got unfashionable skin color, and unfashionable sex organs, with which I prefer to do unfashionable things with unfashionable partners. Next to that my professional qualifications count for nothing. Like I said, I can't prove this (it's not like hiring committees will out and say, sorry, you're a straight white guy), but the majority of the new professors I see getting hired are women or non-white or gay, faculty and admin are constantly talking about the overriding importance of the unholy trinity of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity, and some institutions openly say they prefer to hire 'equity-deserving individuals'.

So on the one hand, I've been isolated in my little apartment with all the psychological effects produced by social deprivation. On the other, I've had the feeling that there's no point to doing any of my usual scientific activities, because it doesn't seem to matter how good I am, only what my biology is. Whenever I even think about sitting down to do some research, feelings of resentment and bitterness well up and wash away any desire to do it. That's especially galling to me because I (used to) love doing research, just for its own sake. It's a one-two punch from the two pathologies infecting our social order. The result is that I've effectively been 'on strike' ... afflicted with a sort of paralyzing lassitude ... and contemplating with dread a future that looks like a void, where I can't see any obvious path forward.

I don't have much to add except that I think you have all the tools to get through this patch.

My only point of caution is not to let yourself get overtaken by the notion that you haven't landed the role yet because of your gender, sexuality or race. Unless you have strong indications to this effect, then I'd move away from thinking this. The reason I'm highlighting this is such thoughts can suck you into a dark place and you'll get resentment in your heart. Rather, think, if it's not because of race, gender or race, then what other reasons could be responsible. You can ask for feedback from the interviewers, you can look at how you interview, you can talk with other professors to see if you can get tips and hints etc. I don't know much about academia but I think being a professor is a big deal and you being unsuccessful in 3 interviews isn't necessarily a red flag.... perhaps it's a numbers game too?

In the US, in any given year, I expect a number of people get hired to being professors. I expect that this slice is a mixed bunch - different nationalities, races, genders etc. So I'd caution against assuming the worst as a default - it'll only lead you into dark places.

Added: in reading your response and also noting previous times you spoke about academia, it's clear their is a current of not really being sure about the field or people in it - it borders on being angry in certain regards and this can be fully justified btw. I do wonder if this comes across when you interview - something to think about perhaps. I'm not saying this is the case btw!

Last edited:
I think that's the right perspective to keep. It's not my story, but this might help inspire you.

I was at a social gathering this summer and this man (mid-forties) was telling me about his and his wife's experience. They had a very successful business in alternative health and they were both very skilled and knowledgeable in what they were doing. Myself and my extented family were helped by both on numerous occasions. When the mandates for vaccination came, it was either they got the vaccine or they couldn't work. They both said No and shut down their entire establishment.

When I inquired about their current whereabouts, he said that he started working as a mason, renovating apartments. Now, the man used to give the best massages and could tell you the physical and energy dysfunction of your body just by watching you walk a few steps. And he still can do it, but only privately, while his main occupation now is building and plumbing. And he sounded like he loved his new occupation! It's not that he doesn't love what he did before, but he found something else that he enjoys learning and developing his skills for.

From what you share above, I can see that you came to the same conclusion yourself. So keep looking, while remaining curious and open to possibilities. You might too find something new to love, for which you wouldn't have to sell your principles and your well-being.
That's a remarkable reinvention, especially in mid-life. I hope I don't have to do anything so drastic.
Oh dear, even though I'm self-employed, I can relate to your story. Me too I have to deal with so much corporate and woke nonsense, and it really can get you depressed and demotivated. Perhaps at some point one really needs to think differently about life, try different models, change some assumptions...

I agree with you and Alana, this could be an opportunity. You could still satisfy your intellectual drive by publishing on the internet, perhaps even anonymously if you want to go rogue and talk about your experience with DIE (substack seems like a good place for that sort of thing), and/or contribute here...

As Paul said,

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

These idiotic professors and administrators and the entire apparatchik in our crazy world - they feel very strong and powerful. But spiritually, they are dirt, they are nothing. Those who see, and who suffer because of it, feel incredibly weak and powerless. But spiritually, they are giants. And this WILL play itself out, eventually. Take heart :-)

Friends of mine who have left academia often report that they're much happier. Among the many reasons for this (financial is the biggest), they can once again take pleasure in intellectual pursuits for their own sake, which is a big change from researching whatever it is that you research because that's what your grant is paying you to research. It's a sad fact that the institutional pressures of the academy tend to suck much of the fun out of intellectual life.

Given Alana's response, I wonder how much my situation is being replicated across society. Vaxx mandates and DIE imperatives combining to force people out of relatively comfortable positions seems likely to give rise to a significant amount of societal churn. In effect, the institutions are losing intellectual energy, which is then being liberated and becoming available for other purposes. Energy must be conserved, so that energy will go somewhere and do something. I wonder if the people responsible for all of this have thought through the consequences for their plans.

I don't have much to add except that I think you have all the tools to get through this patch.

My only point of caution is not to let yourself get overtaken by the notion that you haven't landed the role yet because of your gender, sexuality or race. Unless you have strong indications to this effect, then I'd move away from thinking this. The reason I'm highlighting this is such thoughts can suck you into a dark place and you'll get resentment in your heart. Rather, think, if it's not because of race, gender or race, then what other reasons could be responsible. You can ask for feedback from the interviewers, you can look at how you interview, you can talk with other professors to see if you can get tips and hints etc. I don't know much about academia but I think being a professor is a big deal and you being unsuccessful in 3 interviews isn't necessarily a red flag.... perhaps it's a numbers game too?

In the US, in any given year, I expect a number of people get hired to being professors. I expect that this slice is a mixed bunch - different nationalities, races, genders etc. So I'd caution against assuming the worst as a default - it'll only lead you into dark places.

Added: in reading your response and also noting previous times you spoke about academia, it's clear their is a current of not really being sure about the field or people in it - it borders on being angry in certain regards and this can be fully justified btw. I do wonder if this comes across when you interview - something to think about perhaps. I'm not saying this is the case btw!

Well, as I said, I can't prove it, and I try to remind myself that there are other explanations or, possibly, contributing factors. You're absolutely correct that fixating on such thoughts can - and in my experience does - suck one into a dark place. You're also correct that the fact that I HAVE gotten a few interviews is an encouraging sign.

One contributing factor is that the job market is fairly terrible right now. Last year many institutes had a hiring freeze due to the lockdowns. This year has been the worst year for university endowments since the 2009 market crash, on top of which enrollment is down by hundreds of thousands nationwide. I don't know how much the conditions this year affected the job market, but I fully expect them to have an impact next year.

Then, my specific research field could play a role, as it isn't one of the current 'sexy topics' in the field.

That said, every time I turn around, the people I see getting hired are from the groups you'd expect. The institutional pressure to preferentially hire based on demographics has become immense. For example, in my home country of Canada, the national scientific funding agency has recently enacted a policy whereby National Research Chairs must meet diversity quotas; universities that fail to meet these quotas become ineligible for NRC funding; that then gives them a strong incentive to meet those quotas. Since the existing professoriate is largely composed of old white guys, that means the only way to achieve the target demographics is to hire exclusively from underrepresented groups.

As to anger: you're absolutely correct about that. It's wounded idealism. The gulf between what universities pretend to be and should be, and what they are, is depressingly vast. This is something that I was always aware of - and have practiced a good degree of strategic enclosure in order to handle - but in the last few years it has gotten much worse as compared to when I started.

That isn't unique to the academy, of course. Name the institution, and it has been subverted and diverted away from its proper function, and redirected towards serving the opposite. The crisis in the academy is just one aspect of the more general breakdown, and my personal situation just the way it's playing out at an individual level.

Given Alana's response, I wonder how much my situation is being replicated across society. Vaxx mandates and DIE imperatives combining to force people out of relatively comfortable positions seems likely to give rise to a significant amount of societal churn. In effect, the institutions are losing intellectual energy, which is then being liberated and becoming available for other purposes. Energy must be conserved, so that energy will go somewhere and do something. I wonder if the people responsible for all of this have thought through the consequences for their plans.

Would think a fair bit, sorry to say.

As Alana said, if you had to move sideways, you would not be the first ;-), however it does not make it easier in all situations.

For example, in my home country of Canada...
That isn't unique to the academy, of course

Scanning the inner workings of HR (Germany, the UK, France, the US etc. will likely have a similar messaging to employers), here is a Canadian advisory HR firm discussion on the "Great Resignation," and how to advise employers who have fewer employees now (look at Healthcare). A look to advise as if it is all just one big organic social "phenomenon." They never once mention the elephant in the room, the mandates and peoples abject revulsion of the whole health gig that has come to ruin so many peoples lives - ruin their expectations of work that provides for self or family:

The COVID-19 pandemic has seen many workers in Canada resign from their jobs. This trend is often referred to as “The Great Resignation.” According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the term was first coined in the United States after 4.5 million Americans quit their jobs in the year span between November 2020 and November 2021. In the month of February 2022 alone, 4.4 million Americans quit their jobs.

In other words, date-wise, mandates had noting to do with it they seem to be saying by omission, employees just up and resigned during the exact time when vaccines, their policies to implement, and then when mandates came out to force - with enforcers (even in small business).

Then they continue:

Canada only a “mini tsunami”?​

The phenomenon in Canada is not on par with what’s going on down south, as two-thirds of Canadian workers who were unemployed during the pandemic have returned to the workforce. Still, the situation is precarious.

Life Work’s Mental Health Index reported in November 2021 that one in four Canadians have been dissatisfied with their professional life since the pandemic began. The edition also indicated that 35% of them considered leaving their jobs.

Hmm, not on par? Perhaps it was just people common reaction to a tyrannical government infused/injected corporate "phenomenon" exactly as was predicted that helped cause the tsunami in the first place (including woke parameters that need to be signed off in some corporate ethics declaration).

and continuing further:

Unsafe working conditions the main reason for the Great Resignation​

The reasons behind this mass spree of radical decision-making are still being examined, but many common reasons show up in preliminary research. Many workers quit their jobs because of the obvious unsafe working conditions.

Those working in customer service, or “Front Line Workers,” had to deal with rowdy clients, new sanitation tasks, and the impending feeling of being exposed to a then-unknown virus. Coupled with low pay being overshadowed by government aid, these workers decided the risks outweigh the rewards.

Of course, they are selling all this to employers, who also used for sale ready-made HR polices and implement them. As for "Front Line Workers" (get their passports and tell them to wear a mask = "rowdy clients," find the virus and scrub it clean - "new sanitation tasks," I have to quit work - "feelings of being exposed..." must stay at home. Yes, right.

With one firm signing up under contract, questions were asked mirroring something like:

Please provide:

- your corporate climate change and C02 reduction strategy and measurable policies.
- your diversity, equity and inclusion policies.
- your Covid policies and vaccination measures policy for employees.
et cetera.

:umm:

"Policies are suppose to be guidelines for common sense, they have a tendency to become bibles for the incompetent"
- M

@psychegram, good luck and keep networking.

I've seen articles stating CDC's new rules say unvaccinated people are treated the same as vaccinated people. I have not verified it yet in the CDC guidance. If it is true, then employers requiring anything different for unvaccinated employees may be opening themselves up to more legal trouble, eg disability and religious discrimination for weekly testing of unvaccinated.
I verified the CDC guidance.
Recommending screening testing of asymptomatic people without known exposures will no longer be recommended in most community settings.
Updating its guidance for people who are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines on what to do if exposed to someone with COVID-19. This is consistent with the existing guidance for people who are up to date on COVID-19 vaccines.

Back
Top Bottom