Experiment with Fruitarian Diet as a healing Diet

I came across this video earlier this week, it shows two fruitarians who have eaten nothing but fruit for years. They both praise the diet and describe its healing properties, despite the fact that the woman is in her early fifties and needs a walking stick. The man said he lost some teeth early into the diet but blamed it on eating fruit that wasn't ripe enough.

Despite the fact that both of them look weak and not very healthy they claim the diet has had beneficial impact on their health over the decades they have practiced it. It may be just my impression but the observable evidence shows the opposite. I guess by its fruits you shall know the diet (excuse the pun ;-)).

Wow! Their "non-karmic food" narrative is basically their only reason? They have nothing remotely interesting to prove that this is beneficial. They both looked like they could do with some fat and protein.

I came across this video earlier this week, it shows two fruitarian
I found that very strange to watch. I'm ok with that, if they find some spiritual purpose in their lives with that and are happy, why not. But to go just a tiny step further means stop eating anything (or basically stop anything at all) and die, so you don't even need hurt these fruits. And they don't look like being far from that onestly.

I have to roll my eyes at this, because if karma is their justification for not eating anything other than fruit then they had better start looking at where their clothes come from, who made all the gadgets in their home, how their house was built and where those materials came from etc. etc. He has even changed (I'm assuming) his name to mango! You are what you eat - a fruit!

You are what you eat (..) !
This is a FALSE sentence, repeated ad nauseam everywhere, but still completely false !
If you eat, for instance, a diet of beef and butter, do you think you become a cow ? :-)
(Saying that demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge in the basics of nutrition biology.)

What's closer to truth is that : what you eat become what you are ! (Physically/bodily speaking.)
Digestion/assimilation is an active process, driven by our DNA.
Digesting any food means to "break" (or solve) it in small parts able to go through the gut into the blood.
For instance, let's say you eat some beef (or mango) : the (bovine / vegetal) protein will be broken into peptides, and these peptides will be use to build some human protein.

(Side note : there may be some problem with "E-T" proteins like those of wheat, because we don't have the genetic material to produce enzymes able to break them efficiently, so some polypeptides remain, that go into the blood and then to the brain, making wheat-eaters crazy - for instance schizophrenia is related, among other thing, to wheat/milk eating.)

Imagine the so incredibly different kind of diets mankind went through, in the whole world, since 200-300k years !
Particularly since the Neolithic, with the (horrible) invention of agriculture, a mostly grain/milk-based diet.
But we still look like humans... (well, but the obese, etc.)

Last edited:
What's closer to truth is that : what you eat become what you are ! (Physically/bodily speaking.)
Digestion/assimilation is an active process, driven by our DNA.
Digesting any food means to "break" (or solve) it in small parts able to go through the gut into the blood.
For instance, let's say you eat some beef (or mango) : the (bovine / vegetal) protein will be broken into peptides, and these peptides will be use to build some human protein.

You still are what you eat, in part. If you're eating primarily beef, then parts of the proteins that you're built of are parts that used to be a cow, no? But you're saying that there is a process of conversion, right? And we're only speaking of matter here, not to mention the consciousness or emotions that carry over when eating something.

You still are what you eat, in part.
Sorry, but no. :)
If you're eating primarily beef, then parts of the proteins that you're built of are parts that used to be a cow, no?
Yes : a cow is an organism, composed of organs, which are composed of tissues (Eng ?), which are composed of macro-molecules (among them : proteins), which are composed of (simpler) molecules (among them : amino acids), and these last ones are shared by all (known) forms of life on Earth (and maybe beyond).
Some macro-molecules may be specific (existing only in one species), and no species use all the basic molecules (amino acids, fatty acids, simple glucids, etc.), but most species share most of these basic molecules.
All (known) forms of life on Earth share the same genetic coding molecules : DNA and RNA ; all these coding molecules code for proteins (polypeptides) made of the same range of peptides (amino acids).

To take an image : it's like you're thinking that with the components of a (brick-made) bridge, you can only build a bridge ; wrong, if you unbuild the (brick-made) bridge, you get bricks, and with these bricks you can build a tower (for instance).

But you're saying that there is a process of conversion, right?
Kind of : while digesting your body "unbuild" some macro-molecules (the "bridge", here : a piece of beef or mango), to have simple(r) molecules (amino acids, glucose, etc.), to use to build a human (the "tower").
So whatever you take the components from, may it be any form of life on Earth (animals, vegetals, mycetes, bacterias, etc.) and even minerals (air, water, salts, clay, etc.), what your cells (driven by your DNA) will build is some human (macro-molecules, tissues, organs, organism).
Another scoop : the glucose molecules from the mango are the same in you blood or in the cow's blood.
And the albumine (a kind of protein) in your blood is maybe not exactly the same but quite similar to the one in an egg, (and probably in a cow's blood, but that should be checked).

And we're only speaking of matter here, not to mention the consciousness or emotions that carry over when eating something.
Indeed, I'm writing here from a materialistic PoV.
And generally what you're eating is dead (no more consciousness or emotions, according to the materialistic PoV)...
If you eat oysters (without chewing them), they may live a few hours in your stomach, dying slowly burnt by the chlorhydric acid your stomach produce... but that's before you digest them.

@Bastian, I hope you are not implying that eating mangoes is beneficial cause its not. And everyone on the forum is aware of the body’s internal processes and how it reacts to different types of food. There is the optimal diet for our bodies and then there is the rest which is not optimal which our bodies can handle to a certain extent. Eating more of the latter is self-debasement and spiritual suicide.

I hope you are not implying that eating mangoes is beneficial
I wasn't implying such a thing, why ?
cause its not.
I may discuss that belief later / somewhere else, but it wasn't my point.
And everyone on the forum is aware of the body’s internal processes
I doubt it.
and how it reacts to different types of food.
I doubt it too.
There is the optimal diet for our bodies and then there is the rest which is not optimal which our bodies can handle to a certain extent.
I (mostly) agree on this.
A good question that I suggest you to think of : and how would one define such an optimal diet ? (By which process ?)
Eating more of the latter is self-debasement and spiritual suicide.
Could you explain me this idea of "spiritual suicide" ?

Back
Top Bottom