Experiment with Fruitarian Diet as a healing Diet

odyssic said:
As soon as Ehret seems to have mastered it, he mysteriously diet at 53, after giving a lecture, when a woman lured him around a corner with a glass of orange juice, and he was found with a bludgeoned head. (I’d like to ask the C’s about this because it is curious).

Some good responses in this thread that make it clear that diet is a complex subject but there are some things we can be sure about for most people. On the above however, is that really true? I just find the part about him being lured around a corner with a glass or orange juice a bit comedic. I mean, if you can be lured by a stranger with your preferred food into a dangerous situation on the street, then maybe it's a sign that your food choice is not the best one.

odyssic said:
So I wonder if it connects to certain gene strains / ancestry? I wonder if it connects to pre-fall and post-fall humanity somehow? What if a healing protocol is to go through the diet of each period for a time, and heal genetic damage from those ages? Just brainstorming here.

An interesting possibility... But aren't our genes something like 99% hunter-gatherer? And if the fruit at the time was different (less sweet), then eating "modern" fruit wouldn't have any "past healing" properties, one would think.

In any case, I agree that it's a matter of experimenting, and seeing what is right for you, paying attention to the environment you live in, and the seasons.

The only fruit diet I've ever tried was, for years, once a year, a grape-only fast, for 3 or 4 weeks in a row, and felt great (BUT, other than that, I had a pretty normal, i.e. bad diet, or thought I was eating healthy because I had a lot of dairy and whole grains :rolleyes:) Also tried vegetarianism but I don't think I lasted longer than a month. I felt horrible!

When attending conferences and talks about diets, I once met a man who was into the urine therapy (and religious about it!). When he told me his age, I figured it couldn't be very good, because he looked 20 years older. And I thought that, if the body has already rejected it, why go against nature and ingest it again? So, I never tried that.

Now, I look at it as a more long-term thing. If after 3 months or so, a diet makes me feel better in general, then I figure it's pretty good. Lab tests also help, once in a while. Like you described, sometimes the new diet makes one fast more naturally, and I think that can contribute to a large extent to feeling better, more than the specific diet itself. So, in the case of fruits, that could be one thing, apart from the fact of not mixing them with carbs, fats, etc. But as for an optimal diet, I wouldn't think that fruit fits the bill, because our cells need fat and amino-acids. There is no "essential" carbohydrate, meaning that the body is perfectly capable of making the little glucose it needs. But there are essential fatty-acids and aminoacids that we can only get from meat. So, that to me is more indicative of what is optimal and what's not, not to say that once in a while one shouldn't experiment a bit, or increase the amount of carbs a bit, etc.

Joe said:
odyssic said:
As soon as Ehret seems to have mastered it, he mysteriously diet at 53, after giving a lecture, when a woman lured him around a corner with a glass of orange juice, and he was found with a bludgeoned head. (I’d like to ask the C’s about this because it is curious).

Some good responses in this thread that make it clear that diet is a complex subject but there are some things we can be sure about for most people. On the above however, is that really true? I just find the part about him being lured around a corner with a glass or orange juice a bit comedic. I mean, if you can be lured by a stranger with your preferred food into a dangerous situation on the street, then maybe it's a sign that your food choice is not the best one.

I'm not certain. I found this:

"OCTOBER 10, 1922
On a peasoup-foggy Los Angeles night, so heavy that you couldn't see past your arm, professor Ehret had just finished a series of four lectures on “Heath thru Fasting” at the Assembly Room of the Angeles Hotel on 5th and Spring St. A woman approached Ehret and asked him if he would have a glass of orange juice with her at a nearby restaurant, with her intention being to reduce the cost of a forthcoming course if she brought in two or three others.
Ehret was sympathetic enough to hear her out and perhaps grant her wish. Hirsch however felt it was unfair to some of the others who had paid the $100 fee – a lot of money for 1922. The free lectures filled up the assembly room every evening and the response was excellent.
Hirsch was saying no to the woman, but Ehret agreed and they walked down Olive St. to search for an open café. The woman ran ahead checking the shops to see if one was open, then she called out “This way professor, hurry, he'll stay open for us.”
In those days cars leaked a lot of oil and the paved area in front of the “White Garage” on Olive St. was both oil soaked and wet from the heavy fog. Hirsch was slightly ahead when he turned to take the elbow of the man who had saved his life seven years before...but Professor Ehret was lying on his back by the curb. Ehret was wearing new shoes and his foot slipped on some spilled car oil. He had fallen without a sound. In this fall, the base of Ehret’s head struck the point where the curb met the driveway.
Fred Hirsch dropped to Ehret's side to give first aid while the woman called for help. The ambulance came quickly from the nearby Police Department Emergency Hospital located at 3rd and Hill. The doctor who received them took one quick look at professor Arnold Ehret and said “This man is dead.”
Ehret left no money or family in America. Hirsch ordered a medical report; then Ehret was cremated the next day, something Hirsh knew the professor desired to have done. Hirsch and the local group of Ehretists, who felt Ehret was some kind of a prophet, together picked wildflowers for his grave."

Here: http://www.sunfood.net/ehret.html

Today I was reading old transcripts, and finds out, why majority people in this Earth against eating meats.

Session 3 January 2009
Q: What about the diet I'm eating now; mostly fruits and vegetables and a little bit of meat?
A: More protein needed for amino acids of a natural and balanced type.
A: Stop and eat meat. Your type needs the highest level and quality of protein.
Q: But I don't like meat.
A: Many of your current ideas and preferences may not be "yours" .
A: Do not underestimate the opposition.

odyssic said:
I am accumulating great evidence of the fruit diet being profoundly healing in the short term, and aiding in the process of detoxification. And I consider myself a challenging case, being a cystic fibrosis ‘carrier’ (and though genetically it shouldn’t be possible, many carriers seem to exhibit some of the symptoms), and having been dealing with congestion issues since infancy, exacerbated by feeding of formula, antibiotics regularly, standard american diet, etc.

Check out the iodine thread for cystic fibrosis.

Chu said:
odyssic said:
So I wonder if it connects to certain gene strains / ancestry? I wonder if it connects to pre-fall and post-fall humanity somehow? What if a healing protocol is to go through the diet of each period for a time, and heal genetic damage from those ages? Just brainstorming here.

An interesting possibility... But aren't our genes something like 99% hunter-gatherer? And if the fruit at the time was different (less sweet), then eating "modern" fruit wouldn't have any "past healing" properties, one would think.

In any case, I agree that it's a matter of experimenting, and seeing what is right for you, paying attention to the environment you live in, and the seasons.

The only fruit diet I've ever tried was, for years, once a year, a grape-only fast, for 3 or 4 weeks in a row, and felt great (BUT, other than that, I had a pretty normal, i.e. bad diet, or thought I was eating healthy because I had a lot of dairy and whole grains :rolleyes:) Also tried vegetarianism but I don't think I lasted longer than a month. I felt horrible!

When attending conferences and talks about diets, I once met a man who was into the urine therapy (and religious about it!). When he told me his age, I figured it couldn't be very good, because he looked 20 years older. And I thought that, if the body has already rejected it, why go against nature and ingest it again? So, I never tried that.

Now, I look at it as a more long-term thing. If after 3 months or so, a diet makes me feel better in general, then I figure it's pretty good. Lab tests also help, once in a while. Like you described, sometimes the new diet makes one fast more naturally, and I think that can contribute to a large extent to feeling better, more than the specific diet itself. So, in the case of fruits, that could be one thing, apart from the fact of not mixing them with carbs, fats, etc. But as for an optimal diet, I wouldn't think that fruit fits the bill, because our cells need fat and amino-acids. There is no "essential" carbohydrate, meaning that the body is perfectly capable of making the little glucose it needs. But there are essential fatty-acids and aminoacids that we can only get from meat. So, that to me is more indicative of what is optimal and what's not, not to say that once in a while one shouldn't experiment a bit, or increase the amount of carbs a bit, etc.

I found this interesting (relating to the genetic question)...

I'm skeptical of most of these results because I don't know a. how much of genetics science currently understands or b. how much we are being informed of.

Genetics of Bonobos and Chimps in relation to Humans

"The first official publication of the sequencing and assembly of the bonobo genome became publicly available in June 2012. It was deposited with the International Nucleotide Sequence Database Collaboration (DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank) under the EMBL accession number AJFE01000000[17] after a previous analysis by the National Human Genome Research Institute confirmed that the bonobo genome is about 0.4% divergent from the chimpanzee genome.[18] In addition, as of 2011 Svante Pääbo's group at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology were sequencing the genome of a female bonobo from the Leipzig zoo.[18]

Initial genetic studies characterised the DNA of chimpanzees and bonobos as being 98% to 99.4% identical to that of Homo sapiens.[19] Later studies showed that chimpanzees and bonobos are more closely related to humans than to gorillas.[20] In the crucial Nature paper reporting on initial genome comparisons, researchers identified 35 million single-nucleotide changes, five million insertion or deletion events, and a number of chromosomal rearrangements which constituted the genetic differences between the two Pan species and humans, covering 98% of the same genes.[21] While many of these analyses have been performed on the common chimpanzee rather than the bonobo, the differences between the two Pan species are unlikely to be substantial enough to affect the Pan-Homo comparison significantly.

There still is controversy, however. Scientists such as Jared Diamond in The Third Chimpanzee, and Morris Goodman[22] of Wayne State University in Detroit suggest that the bonobo and common chimpanzee are so closely related to humans that their genus name also should be classified with the human genus Homo: Homo paniscus, Homo sylvestris, or Homo arboreus." Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo

And Bonobos and Chimps are classified as frugivorous omnivores. But it could be that that genetic difference had to do with a shift in diet. Or as the C's suggested, something about 'souls' coming in and prompting an evolutionary leap.

My Personal Healing Experiences on the Fruit Diet

When I say fruit diet, I should clarify that the first two months were Gerson, followed by 3 months of 95-99% fruit, followed by 6 months of 90% fruit, followed by the winter months of probably 60% fruit. Also, I did use herbal tinctures, coffee enemas at first, and then lemon / herbal enemas.

The first thing was intense mucus clearing from the head for weeks straight. I advised clients that I was not sick, I was cleansing. Mostly the right side. It just kept coming; I was astonished. Before then, I'd had a congested right nostril much of the time. A few months in, I felt oxygen flood the right sinus and the right temple for the first time in my life. An old abrasion flared up for about 3 days and cleared. I'd often had a headache in the right temple, related to sugar, so perhaps there was a nest of yeast there or something. Anyway, that ached for about a week, and then cleared.

The neck released. I'd fractured C5 once, and neck mobility was limited in other vertebrae to compensate. During the fruit diet, range of motion increased, pain decreased, and my neck now cracks way up into the skull with relative ease. I can give myself chiro adjustments with a gentle pull or twist to either side, and feel it way up in the axis and atlas.

Right rear molar... I'd avoided a root canal, and the tooth had almost rotted out. The diet helped it heal, and come alive again. It was in 2 pieces, split down the middle, and the outer piece was gray. Now it is enamel colored again. There was rough enamel on the outside, and now it is smooth. So somehow the tooth remineralized. The front tooth on the left looks more transparent toward the root. I was thinking that the body was drawing calcium out of certain teeth to repair other teeth, organs perhaps?

The middle fingernail of my right hand grew back thicker about 6 months in. A wave grew out and I had a thicker nail after. I also wonder why it was particular nail? "Middle Finger - The meridian of the middle finger is called the heart constrictor and is located on the outer edge of the finger, on the pinky side. This energy meridian is used to help relieve thoracic symptoms such as ribcage pain or straining of the muscles in the upper- and mid-back, and for nerve damage in all parts of the body." http://www.livestrong.com/article/516565-energy-meridians-on-the-hands-for-reflexology/

The lunulae on all my fingernails grew back, though the pinkies are still barely visible. They were gone entirely for 15 years or so, except on the thumbs, where they just grew larger. A tibetan healer once told me that I had too much fire, and it devoured my moons. Nothing had brought them back. So I was happy about that. Perhaps 'fire' is acidosis and those lunulae represent mineral reserves or alkaline reserves? So though 'fruit' is purported to not be nutrient dense, it was somehow replenishing what these represent. Perhaps they have to do with hydration as well? Via the descriptions I read of them online and in the books I could find, I couldn't find where they might be equated with fire.

I used to urinate 4 times a night, so sleep was poor. On the fruit diet, it was the only time I didn't urinate, but slept through the night. Perhaps this had to do with melatonin, and hydration... organ function enhanced, hormones balanced? Interesting about fruit and melatonin...

"And recently, research from Thailand’s Khon Kaen University has found that the body’s levels of melatonin can be naturally raised through eating of some tropical fruits.

The researchers used a crossover study design with 30 healthy human subjects to see which fruits – tropical fruits selected for their melatonin content – would naturally raise the body’s melatonin levels.

The researchers tested six tropical fruits among the volunteers, giving them a diet heavy in that particular fruit for one week following a one-week washout. During these periods the researchers analyzed the subjects’ urine levels of 6-sulfatoxymelatonin – also referred to as aMT6s.

Higher levels of 6-sulfatoxymelatonin or aMT6s in the urine indicates higher levels of melatonin circulating within the bloodstream.

With each different fruit, the subjects’ aMT6s levels were tested. The 6-sulfatoxymelatonin (aMT6s) levels after eating some fruits – notably pineapples, bananas and oranges – increased significantly. Pineapples increased 6-sulfatoxymelatonin (aMT6s) levels by over two-and-a-half times (266%) while banana increased aMT6s levels by 180% – almost double. Meanwhile, oranges increased aMT6s levels by 47%.

The other fruits also moderately increased melatonin content among the patients.

Learn more about natural ways to boost melatonin levels and over 200 other natural remedies for getting to sleep.

Other research – as reported by Realnatural – has shown that natural melatonin from red tart Montmorency cherries (Prunus cerasus) can increase sleep efficiency and quality. A study from an international group of researchers found that drinking tart cherry juice for seven days increased sleep by an average of 34 minutes a night – by speeding up falling to sleep – and increased sleep efficiency by 5-6%.

And like the study from Thailand, the research found that drinking cherry juice increased 6-sulfatoxymelatonin levels naturally – without the need of exogenous or synthetic melatonin supplements."

-http://naturalsociety.com/8-foods-naturally-increase-melatonin-sleep/

This is interesting because, presumably, pre-cataclysmic / pre-fall / antedeluvian humans probably lived in tropical environments?

Acne scars on my face, that were pitted, turned red, and peeled away, and with each peeling they were shallower; now some are gone. Some old ones became more prominent as inflammation in the face increased, and then they went down. There was bulging / a rash around my sinus on the right side during certain phases of clearing. There were a few pimples / cysts during this time, as things were leaving the face. I used to get large cysts on the face, and I think that it was actually the body trying to isolate something from the sinus, perhaps, because they were always on either side of my nose.

A few months in, bloody red mucus came out of my left nostril for a few days. In a meditation once I got an image of a rock crushing that side of my head, so I wondered if it was clearing some archetypal memory from that place? Or just clearing out parasites.

Yeast / parasite cleansing. Intense itching in rectum and penis, followed by intense cravings for starch... and then a passing of clouds of yeast in stools, urine, and complete relief, almost euphoria. Also, strange and unidentifiable parasites and strands of mucoid plaque in stools, regularly for the first 3 months. Later only after intense cleansing.

Less food required on many days. Felt satisfied with just a few pieces of fruit.

Moister, more radiant skin. Always, I'd followed the prescriptions for ayurveda, Vata, by attempting to combat the dryness with oils and fats. And also a lot of water. I always needed oil, coconut, sesame, or olive on my face, a few times a day, or it would be dry and flaky. After a few months into the fruit, after some intense dry and flaky skin, I no longer need the oil.

I am more hydrated, and urinate much less. I stopped drinking water mostly. I got most of my water from fruit / juice. The waters taken in in this way seemed to be utilized by the body much more efficiently. I used to urinate often, during movies, a few times if I went out to eat. Now it is just a few times per day (unless I eat something salty or a starch).

My body/ face are becoming more symmetrical. It's hard to describe, but there was more of a twist in my torso before, and more asymmetry in the placement of the eyes. Releasing the congestion is helping the two halves balance out.

Regarding all of the above, I'm excited that healing has catalyzed, and I think I can use the fruitarian diet strategically to motivate healing without losing brain / muscle function.

I'm not sure if these would apply universally, or simply to my blood / genetic / 'type.' Or perhaps they apply most during certain phases of life or cycles of healing. Similarly, when the C's say 'eat more meat', they said something like 'your type depends on' and I can't tell if they're referring to the 'type' of humans or the 'type' of the person asking the question. Because, again, I have also read them advising to 'eat more fruit' when a question was brought up about how to cure an ailment.

I've read many times, again, that fruit sugar is damaging to the human system, yet that intellectual knowledge doesn't somehow jive with my experience, which I had to reach by using intuition to move through the intellectual blockages to find the healing I experienced above (and am still experiencing).

I got it into my head that grape juice, concord grape juice, fresh as possible, was the most healing food available. I think perhaps this was the beverage referred to in the symbolic eucharist... the wine being a 'corruption' perhaps, of that idea fermenting over time. Anyway, I'd drink it with this intention, sometimes a verbal blessing, and a purge often followed. Often with a black substance accompanying, and a foul smell. The black substance looked like charcoal.

PS. I found dry fasting to be equal to many days of fruit cleansing, just a little more difficult and sometimes intense.

I find ketogenic relatively easy to follow. Are there still sugar cravings? IN the fruit experiment, I feel like sugar is not a craving, but a natural desire that is satiated, so the craving for less natural forms of sugar disappears.

When Gurdjieff talks about the essence of a man surfacing (and I can't quite tell if he is referring to general or specific) he says "All that he can find in himself is a small number of instinctive inclinations and tastes. He is fond of sweets, he likes warmth, he dislikes cold, he dislikes the thought of work, or on the contrary he likes the idea of physical movement. And that is all." -In Search of the Miraculous

Interestingly because 'fond of sweets' and 'liking warmth' might both point toward a predisposition toward a tropical climate. ('sweets' as in fruit sugar, a natural desire perhaps co-opted over time and demonized).

Just a few ideas I've been working on. I hope they support. Thank you everyone for the thoughtful comments, and for being open to these various possibilities.

Bonobos and Chimps are still that. The critters who shifted to meat evolved to become human. You want to devolve to be a chimp?

Mucoid plaque in the intestines is a myth. Anything that resembles mucoid plaque is something else, but almost definitely not something that got stuck in your intestines. If something gets stuck to the intestinal wall it kills the intestine and will quickly kill you.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13371.msg639757.html#msg639757

monotonic said:
Mucoid plaque in the intestines is a myth. Anything that resembles mucoid plaque is something else, but almost definitely not something that got stuck in your intestines. If something gets stuck to the intestinal wall it kills the intestine and will quickly kill you.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13371.msg639757.html#msg639757

Well in my experience, after eating just fruit for months, and seeing these long black, gray, or white leather 'films' come out, I can't say with certainty that something hadn't been in there for an indeterminate amount of time. What it is remains remains to be seen, since I didn't save any for analysis, but since it has stopped 'showing up', it probably wasn't a byproduct of the fruit. So it was in there at least a few months, and possibly much longer. Mucus forming over the intestinal wall to protect the villi from inflammatory substances was something that I thought had been analyzed by microscope. I forgot where I read this, but I'll see if I can find it
Laura said:
Bonobos and Chimps are still that. The critters who shifted to meat evolved to become human. You want to devolve to be a chimp?

No, but that brings up a few questions. Does the evolution of the body happen in a lifetime (or the de-volution)? And does any of that somehow transfer over to the soul? I mean, if I somehow miraculously only ate fruit, how close to chimp could I come? Likewise, if I evolved my brain, would I show in in the next lifetime with a more evolved brain? Or would my children get a more evolved brain? Or is that contingent on a thousand genetic factors?

I really have no interest in being a long time fruitarian, and prefer other foods in most ways. I'm just wound up on that path through trial and error. But I think potentially something more omnivorous in the winter, and a fruit based diet for spring / summer, might do the trick? I mean, for healing without the devolution? Or perhaps there is a point in the fruit approach healing where the system is functioning more optimally, and then a more balanced diet can be adopted? Or perhaps it was all a placebo, because I'd read about how healing the fruit diet would be, and then I found it healing. We know the power of thought and suggestion. I was planning to do it for 3 months, and heal all ails, but I kept noticing healing, and wasn't finished, so I kept going. I am thinking to go at it more fully again in the spring and summer.

It is pretty fascinating to me that a fruit diet could be so healing, and be considered such a non-ideal diet for humans. And for all of the ways I am constantly thrown out of black and white thinking. I do think I have ties to vegetarian belief systems through past lives or something, though I've eaten meat for probably 30 of my 37 years (non consecutively) on this earth in this lifetime, so I'm relatively unattached to a dietary dogma; I just would like for people to be able to access healing, and to live my own full expression, and be as pain free as possible.

Also, it seems to me that the consideration of the composition of breast milk might be worthwhile?

"Mature human milk contains 3%--5% fat, 0.8%--0.9% protein, 6.9%--7.2% carbohydrate calculated as lactose, and 0.2% mineral constituents expressed as ash. Its energy content is 60--75 kcal/100 ml. Protein content is markedly higher and carbohydrate content lower in colostrum than in mature milk." - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/392766

What strikes me is the low protein content, and higher carb and fat contents.

And then perhaps considering what foods come within that spectrum? (I've read coconut, and avocado in various places). That just seems like a pretty low protein content for the only food that humans create to facilitate growth and evolution, particularly of the brain, but also of the whole organism. I know it isn't that simple, but does reverse engineering the ideal diet in this way make any sense? If humans were evolved to eat higher protein diets (which I guess meat would be, by default), wouldn't human breast milk contain more protein? I know someone also mentioned the healing efficacy of a protein restricted diet, but how would one eat primarily animal products and restrict protein? Perhaps eating mingled with intermittent fasting?

It made me wonder about the composition of carnivore milk. And lo, there's a study on lioness breast milk! I haven't done the math on this, but look at the protein content ratio to fat and carbohydrate as compared to that of human milk...

"The lion"s milk obtained from the two lionesses in this study contained less solids than reported in literature. The milk of the two females contained, respectively, 192.2 and 166.9 g dry matter/kg milk; 60.2 and 84.6 g protein/kg milk; 113.6 and 136.9 g fat/kg milk; and 68.6 and 77.9 g fat free dry matter/kg milk. Carbohydrate content, analysed only for the first lioness, was 26.5 g lactose/kg milk." -https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236668670_The_composition_of_African_lion_Panthers_leo_milk_collected_a_few_days_postpartum

That seems to be a much higher protein milk than cow milk, which is a much higher protein milk than human milk.

I know this is just the seed of the inquiry; we'd also have to potentially look at the other macronutrients, minerals, amino acids and such. I know the content of mother's milk changes based on the nutrition of the mother, but I think the ratios of the nutrients are determined by the body?

I know we are not chimps, but since we have some similar physiologies, is it 'fruitless' to consider their food source? Dr. Morse, a fruit healing practitioner, often mentions that primates in captivity and on unnaturally high protein diets, or on them due to climate challenge, become violent and aggressive. I don't have enough knowledge to verify this or not, myself. As a side note, I find the Bonobos interesting in that they share some human qualities, such as being the only primates that mate facing each other, and initiating strangers into the fold through sexual interaction, rather than resorting immediately to violence.

Also, I did take to smoking a few organic cigarettes here and there, to supplement the fruitarian quest, lest I become a tasty morsel for something cold blooded.

Also, it seems to me that the consideration of the composition of breast milk might be worthwhile?

"Mature human milk contains 3%--5% fat, 0.8%--0.9% protein, 6.9%--7.2% carbohydrate calculated as lactose, and 0.2% mineral constituents expressed as ash. Its energy content is 60--75 kcal/100 ml. Protein content is markedly higher and carbohydrate content lower in colostrum than in mature milk." - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/392766

Human newborns and exclusively breastfed babies are in ketosis, ketogenic metabolism is excellent for learning and development and it may be one of the main factors behind the development of the large human brain. Thus the development of the human brain may depend more on good quality animal fats than fruits.

In the second half of pregnancy ketones supply as much as 30% of the energy required by the foetal brain, implying that ketones are essential for foetal brain development. During the third trimester of pregnancy and at birth, both mom and foetus are naturally in a state of mild ketosis. Within the first few days after birth, babies adapt to using their fat stores as their primary fuel-source, and begin to produce more ketones. Babies convert the fat from their stores and their diet (ideally breastmilk) into ketones. These ketones provide them with the energy they need between feeds and act as key building blocks for essential brain structures. Human babies are thought to be fatter than other mammals so that they have a reserve to support their higher demands for energy and brain-structure development.

_http://realmealrevolution.com/real-thinking/ketosis-key-to-human-babies-big-brains
_http://www.ketotic.org/2014/01/babies-thrive-under-ketogenic-metabolism.html

marek760 said:

Human newborns and exclusively breastfed babies are in ketosis, ketogenic metabolism is excellent for learning and development and it may be one of the main factors behind the development of the large human brain. Thus the development of the human brain may depend more on good quality animal fats than fruits.

In the second half of pregnancy ketones supply as much as 30% of the energy required by the foetal brain, implying that ketones are essential for foetal brain development. During the third trimester of pregnancy and at birth, both mom and foetus are naturally in a state of mild ketosis. Within the first few days after birth, babies adapt to using their fat stores as their primary fuel-source, and begin to produce more ketones. Babies convert the fat from their stores and their diet (ideally breastmilk) into ketones. These ketones provide them with the energy they need between feeds and act as key building blocks for essential brain structures. Human babies are thought to be fatter than other mammals so that they have a reserve to support their higher demands for energy and brain-structure development.

_http://realmealrevolution.com/real-thinking/ketosis-key-to-human-babies-big-brains
_http://www.ketotic.org/2014/01/babies-thrive-under-ketogenic-metabolism.html

Thank you. Interesting considerations. Certainly gives me much more to research. It seems that breast fed newborns are in a state of 'mild' ketosis.

“A ketogenic diet is one that derives 80-90% of its calories from fat, and the rest from carbs and proteins. It may sounds crazy, but just remember: you’re burning those fats off, and building your brain power in the process. - See more at:” David Perlmutter, author of Grain Brain.

Neonates that are fed exclusively breast milk get:

Fat (55%) carbohydrate (39%) protein (6%).

http://realmealrevolution.com/real-thinking/ketosis-key-to-human-babies-big-brains

I discovered an article that runs counter to the one above, and seems well researched. Here's a little excerpt:

“The Problem With Ketogenic Diets for Infants

To quote Campbell: "Nature seldom does something without a reason"

There's a reason that "nature" put lactose in milk, and quite a lot of it in human breast milk.
Furthermore, there's probably a reason why human milk is quite varied but the lactose content varies the least regardless of nutritional status of the mother (while fat and protein vary far more widely).
Carbohydrate is the most conserved macronutrient in breast milk, where the 2.5th percentile contains 6.4 grams/dL vs. the 97.5th at 7.65 grams/dL.

Let's stop pretending that it's some after thought here. Even most will acknowledge that it's there to support the enormous (proportionally) energy needs of the growing infant brain. Yet somehow these needs go away vis a vis glucose but remain for ketones?

If Campbell and others had actually read the papers they are citing -- perhaps at all, or certainly with a less biased preconception -- they would notice a running theme about ketones. They are indeed the kickplate heater of the late-term fetus and neonate. Their production is largely to counter hypoglycemia between feedings, although very early on ketogenesis is not even as tightly associated with blood glucose levels. The term adaptation is everywhere, and there are copious references to "fasting" or between feeding levels ... ketones to replace or supplement glucose in times of high demand.

High demand being the most likely reason that a carbohydrate intake that would otherwise prevent ketosis, doesn't prevent it entirely. And high demand being why the infant (especially the newborn) falls so easily into a deeper state of ketosis if feedings are too widely spaced.”

http://carbsanity.blogspot.com/2015/06/babies-in-ketosis.html

In other words, it seems that each component of the breast milk plays a critical role in development, and not merely the ketosis factor, so the lactose needs to be considered, as the second ingredient.

Further, above I had written that I'd read that some fruits (avocado / coconut) were similar in composition to breast milk. I found an interesting page that compares fruits to goat's milk to human milk, and finds that they are not very similar after all.

"Abstract

In this article we will look into the available nutritional data which, when examined rigorously, shows that:

Fruit is not like (human) mother's milk; they are dramatically different foods.
Human milk is a fatty food that provides vitamins B-12, D, and biotin--essential nutrients that are lacking in fruits. Milk has limited sugar--lactose--that is slowly assimilated.
Fruits are effectively a sweet food (with the exception of a few oily fruits like avocado). They are high in sugar, minerals, and very low in fat and protein. The sugar in fruit is rapidly assimilated.
Goat milk is "closer" in nutritional composition to human milk than sweet fruit or the fruit blends analyzed in this paper.
The vitamin content of fruit varies considerably by type of fruit. In general, fruit is a good source of select (but not all) vitamins. Milk is a more complete food and has a wider array of vitamins than fruit; the result is that milk is higher in some vitamins, while fruit is higher in others.
The "fruit is like mother's milk" claim is false, and potentially dangerous. It is an example of crank science and crackpot mal-nutritionalism."

http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/fruit-milk/fruit-milk-1a.shtml

Other Healing I Experienced on Fruit Diet

I forgot to mention a few other healing experiences on my fruitarian experiment

Last year, I was constantly cold, which I attributed to poor circulation, low oxygenation, blood composition, dehydration, or something similar. This winter, I am rarely cold, require less clothes, and can walk around the house without socks.

I sweat more readily. All through childhood I barely would sweat. I would barely drink water either. Now I notice my clothes are often wet with sweat while working out, and if I go into a dry sauna, sweat starts running off of my body in a short period of time, and keeps flowing.

Right nostril had a little bump of cartilage. This was the nostril that was often congested and clogged. I thought it might dissolve eventually, or somehow take care of itself. What happened was interesting. The inside of my nostril became really sore, so sore that I could barely touch it. The inside seemed to coat with something sore. I thought it was mucus, but as it healed, the layer remained, and covered up (90%) this bump of cartilage. So it was like over the years, the lining or skin inside that nostril had gotten worn away (perhaps through constant blowing or flow) and it grew back.

So in my view now, I can't overlook the healing possible on a fruit based diet. It doesn't mean that a ketogenic diet can't be healing (though I haven't personally heard as much about it healing advanced terminal illnesses). But if a book says that fructose is 'bad' for you, I would look at that with some skepticism, knowing what I now know. Now, what I am still experimenting with are the full range of possibilities, as well as the long term ramifications. If the body is healing, but the brain is de-volving, then that will have to be balanced out. Also, through fruit and fasting (which is what I did much of the time), couldn't one get the best of both worlds?

It seemed that eating for a limited duration, like intermittent fasting, would be ideal for some.

Vegan Strongman eats one meal per day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR1FCJS8DoM

But with fruit, and particularly low fat fruit, it is difficult to get enough calories within a short time span. Most of the active people who eat mostly fruit rely a lot on bananas (approx 105 calories per banana).

So isn't 'ketogenic' = good and other diets = bad, a variant of 'black and white thinking'? Certain long lived cultures have thrived on starch staples. Fruit seems to be healing for certain conditions. Ketogenic seems to heal certain complaints.

Once again,what inspired me to try the fruit thing was wanting to support my mother's MS. She is on Wahls Paleo Protocol. Though it doesn't seem to be working after 2 years, I continually hear how the research says it should. Meanwhile, I've read many case studies (and seen youtube videos about) MS being healed on fruit. So the 'research' that goes against what my eyes are witnessing has to be questioned. And even so, I experienced more healing on a fruitarian diet than any other I've tried so far, though I'm surely going to be trying others as well, as needed.

Well your experiences certainly beg to be investigated, although they go against most of our experience here. I'm not really sure what to think of it. My experience with fruit is mainly negative. I get signs of infection throughout my body when I eat it except for certain kinds in small amounts.

My question is, does it have lasting effects, IE do the improvements go away when you stop?

If you are really interested in this topic, I suggest you read through the ketogenic diet threads. If you were doing something wrong, you will probably find out there. In order to be sure of what is going on with you, it would take a review of all our diet materials to see where you were in respect to that, and then things would begin to become clear. But on it's own, I can't accept your positive experiences as being a go sign on a fruitarian diet. After all many people go on various diets and claim all sorts of "healing", but years down the road they drop dead of a heart attack or pancreatic cancer or something else catastrophic. Sometimes something will give you a boost not by actually improving your health, but by disrupting the feedback mechanisms in your body that keep getting activated by a hidden factor. For instance someone with hypoglycemia may go on a fruitarian diet and for them it is an improvement because finally the body has enough energy to perform all it's basic functions. The machinery reawakens and things start resolving on their own. But the reason for hypoglycemia is not a deficiency of fruit, but probably some other cause such as a food sensitivity or underlying problem that goes unaddressed. And while this goes on, the body is artificially propped up on sugar from fruits which feeds a variety of parasitic microorganisms which begin to take over the body. This is just one thing that can happen out of many possible problems caused by excess fruit in the diet.

monotonic said:
Well your experiences certainly beg to be investigated, although they go against most of our experience here. I'm not really sure what to think of it. My experience with fruit is mainly negative. I get signs of infection throughout my body when I eat it except for certain kinds in small amounts.

My question is, does it have lasting effects, IE do the improvements go away when you stop?

Thank you. I'm still experimenting with the latter question to some extent (do the improvements go away when you stop). However, if one were healing cancer, MS, Parkinson's, etc, would that be a concern? People in those cases might be inspired to continue to eat mostly fruit until they healed. I have heard of them going back to a more omnivorous diet and symptoms remaining gone, but some go back on a 'junk food' diet, and the symptoms return. I've reached peak states of health, and then visited Europe and ate bread and cheese, and had no symptoms for a time, and then felt them beginning to congest the system again. So how to balance out the diet afterward is an interesting question.

I encourage anyone interested in bodily healing to at least glance at (if not examine) the resources I've listed above (and below) and then tell me if there is a flaw in the reverse engineered logic. One thing I don't know how to contest: that a fruit based diet has proven healing to diseases sometimes considered incurable. Now, I'm interested in reverse engineering 'why.' And yes, I suppose this may come up against contemporary ideas about fat and sugar metabolism, but those theories to me seem secondary to the observation of results in healing. For instance, I wonder how many people have healed cancer with a ketogenic diet, and this idea of starving out the cancer cells? When I ask the same question regarding the fruit diet (or veg/vegan low fat low protein Gerson approach), it seems that many have healed it, according to testimonials and records.

Also, to address: "My experience with fruit is mainly negative. I get signs of infection throughout my body when I eat it except for certain kinds in small amounts." This happened to me as well, but I had read that fruit initiates a detox process, and the symptoms show up where the points that need healing are. (Im not sure where the 'signs of infection' were in your case). But for me, sinus and lung, and yeast type itching, and skin in my face. Those appeared for weeks for me when entering the fruit diet, and then cleared more deeply than they had in my conscious memory. So again, I'm not sure in these cases if fruit is actually exacerbating the symptoms, or if it is bringing out whatever is there in the body for release? Also, after those appeared, physical pains where I had broken bones and such; tailbone, skull, neck, a rib, etc. They pained me for a few days each and then cleared, sometimes coming up again months later for a second iteration.

Thank you for the questions and for openly looking at this exploration, as I know it goes against the general consensus. I'm going to post a little more on it shortly, to see if that brings any new insights or threads we may be able to connect. And I have been looking into keto, and read Grain Brain and other recommended literature much last year. It's interesting that when I look up Ketogenic and cancer, it seems to have experienced some success with brain tumors, though fruit clears other bodily illness. And I've read that dark berries are the best for neurological repair, so those are relatively low sugar, and might fit well into the keto?

I hope this supports. I've also done a lot of research recently about how both of these approaches might feed a different segment of our genetics, or constitutional energetic framework, and therefore each may be able to touch on angles of truth, even if contradictory when applied at once.

"In SV’s aura, the colors are very compact and close into her body. What does this indicate? A: Stomach problems. Q: (L) What could she do to alleviate her stomach problems? A: Change her diet “big time!” Q: (L) What is there about her diet… A: Starch and fats must be reduced steadily. [3] Q: (L) And what should she add? A: Fruit. Q: (L) Any particular kind? A: All."

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura (2015-08-20). The Cassiopaea Experiment Transcripts 1995 (Kindle Locations 8359-8360). Red Pill Press, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

I just stumbled upon this, and it aligns with most of my research and personal experiments.

Back
Top Bottom