Experiment with Fruitarian Diet as a healing Diet

odyssic

The Force is Strong With This One
I posted some of my history of dietary experiments previously under 'The vegetarian Myth' section. I wanted to give consideration here to a fruitarian diet for healing, and share a bit about my experiment with it.

Last year I ate mostly ketogenic, based on research and learning from a few books (Man 2.0, Four Hour Body, Grain Brain), and as a last resort to heal a few things, and to build some muscle. For the years before, I'd eaten vegetarian some years, and moderate meat other years, mostly fish. Paleo type diets for certain years, and the Specific Carb Diet, which is a diet to heal the bowels, which consisted of no refined carbs and meat, some vegetables and fruit, and no starches of any kind. That and water fasting / master cleanses. I didn't get to the root of the healing, though I felt best on certain days on the master cleanse (lemon, maple syrup liquid fast). I’d tried about 50 other dietary approaches, with varied levels of success. (That would be pages of writing).

Anyway, the Ketogenic diet had me achieving some of my health goals, but a few chronic conditions worsened (cough and nasal mucus), which I'd had since infancy. Ok. Also, I hadn’t cut out dairy, though I’d cut it out in other years.

What I do agree with:

Vegetables are not ideal food
Grains and beans are not ideal food (and certain modified grains are damaging)
Dairy is damaging generally, though perhaps fermented or raw in tiny amounts could be healing in certain circumstances

Certain grass fed meats may be more suitable food for humans than the above.

At the beginning of the year, I’d switched to the most healing diet I could find at the time, Gerson Therapy. Some healing, though slow and plodding. So I was reading in the bath, coughing, doing that thing where I ask for guidance, and then I open a book, and in a book on Buddhism, I turned to a chapter and it suggested using only medicine made of urine. Then I researched urine therapy and read 'The Water of Life: A treatise on urine therapy.' The written experiments of a practitioner who supported his clients in healing Cancer and other ailments on urine fasts, just drinking one's own urine, and massaging with it. I tried it. It had a medicinal effect. Too much, actually, so I entered a 'healing crisis' that was a bit intense. Profound headache and nasal discharge. What was interesting is that I could taste in the urine what the body used and what it ejected. For instance, meat, dairy, and vegetables, produced bitter, unpalatable urine. And fruit / fasting produced sweeter urine.

The Gerson Therapy advised cutting out all protein rich foods, even nuts and beans. Which was a far leap from ketogenic / paleo. Research Gerson… you’ll discover it does have a fairly steady track record and good success rate. Not only for healing of the cancers but also for healing of prolapsed disks and such. Anyway, I found that it aligned fairly well to the sweet urine thesis. Except for the hourly green juice, which was bitter. I’d assuming the urine was ejecting nutrients that were superfluous to the system at that time. The urine therapy thesis is that urine acts as a sort of homeopathic remedy, and that wastes go out through the other system, and excess nutrients leave through the urinary tract, so they are ‘re-usable’, in a sense.

So this, using urine as a sort of bio-feedback device, lead me into researching fruit diets as healing, which I'd already done somewhat because of the Master Cleanse, on which I felt great for one of the few times. (though the results weren't steady). I came upon late 19th and early 20th century naturopaths, including Arnold Ehret. At the same time Dr. Morse on youtube.

Anyway, I’ve been eating mostly fruit and fruit juices for 7 months, with occasional green juice or salad, and virtually no protein rich foods, and have experienced more healing than on the other diets. This also coupled with various herbal teas.

I’ve experienced: improved clarity, and iris of the eye lightening, and the brown eyes turning slightly greener. Less back pain. Less foot pain on waking. More mobility in upper cervical area (which I injured in the past). Reiterated pains from previous traumas, and then clearing of those. Much discharge of mucus from head and bowels, and lungs. 20 year skin condition cleared. I also never need to drink water on days when I’m eating all fruit. Also, some days I hardly need any fruit. And I am able to dry fast quite easily on certain days. No body odor. Skin healthier. Hair slightly thicker. No need to use lotions or oils for dry skin. More energy. More positive outlook. Lunulas on nails returning. Acne scars healing (60% thus far).

Dr Morse and others (Ehret, Lovewisdom) talk about the fruit diet launching them into out of body experiences frequently. I haven’t experienced that yet.

This ’feeling good’ happens in between bouts of ‘detoxing’, which were constant for the first few weeks, and are now sporadic and rare. Cold and flu like symptoms, among others.

A word about fruit is that the diet does not necessarily include vegetables. The human system does not seem to be evolved to digest the cellulose in raw vegetables.

So I just wanted to point this out as another potentially viable healing strategy, in case the modified paleo diet doesn’t work for some.

Perhaps there are genetic differences in people that account for this?

This journey was also inspired because my mother tried Wahl’s paleo protocol for MS without much success for the past 3 years, and I’d tried it in various forms for different years of my life (because the research aligns), but I knew I needed to try something else.

Ehret treated mental and physical patients at his Sanitorium for Fruit and Fasting with seemingly great results.

For optimal athletic performance, on the fruitarian diet (which I have not experimented with), I read the 80/10/10 diet and the fruitarian.com, both of whom advocate adopting a fruitarian diet solely for performance (and both acclaimed athletes in their own right). They say it is the best for athletic performance. I find that impractical, since the fruitarian.com person is an acclaimed marathoner and ultra-runner, but needs 6 full sized fridges to keep enough fruit around.

I think of fruit as an ideal food in many ways. It is palatable as is. Water rich. Complete for the human system in that it contains the fiber needed to move through. Cleansing. Minimal digestive effort required. High energy. Enzyme rich. Portable. Not requiring seasoning or cooking or water in the processing. Contains less radioactive waste than vegetables or meat (purportedly). Since that settles on the shallow root plants and the animals eat those.

Though I do not much trust genetic studies, they’ve found that we are only 2% removed from Chimps and Bonobos genetically, who subsist on a frugivorous omnivore diet (like 50-60% fruit). Perhaps this is an ideal diet for some humans? Or engaging in it for a time activates healing and regeneration?

I don’t know about living on a fruit diet long term. I haven’t tried it, nor do I feel compelled to currently. Ehret and Morse basically state that a fruit diet may be ideal, but we are not at a place where we can handle it. As soon as Ehret seems to have mastered it, he mysteriously diet at 53, after giving a lecture, when a woman lured him around a corner with a glass of orange juice, and he was found with a bludgeoned head. (I’d like to ask the C’s about this because it is curious).

I am accumulating great evidence of the fruit diet being profoundly healing in the short term, and aiding in the process of detoxification. And I consider myself a challenging case, being a cystic fibrosis ‘carrier’ (and though genetically it shouldn’t be possible, many carriers seem to exhibit some of the symptoms), and having been dealing with congestion issues since infancy, exacerbated by feeding of formula, antibiotics regularly, standard american diet, etc.

The tropical scenario would make it easier for our ancestors to subsist on fruit, whereas other environments would make it easier not to. So perhaps there were some humans that evolved in tropical climates, and some that evolved outside of them? I also think a lot about this in relation to ‘the fall’ and the expulsion from paradise. That and the fact that most fruits have been hybridized over the years, though Dr. Morse has mentioned that even on Walmart Grapes ( a low quality grape), he has seen massive healing. Perhaps this was the diet of humans before global cataclysms, or destroyed landscapes due to agriculture (‘introduced by the gods’)?

I’ve read / heard of bodies healing (on fruit / herbs): broken bones, MS, cancer, parkinson’s, arthritis, skin conditions, paralysis, brain damage, AIDS, HIV, Lyme’s disease, all bowel diseases, tumors, hair loss, teeth issues, etc etc. One person’s teeth ejected their cavities and re-mineralized.

Ehret and Morse talk about their cuts not bleeding on the diet. Ehret traveled where there were deadly viruses and never contracted them. Because the lymph system is operating fully?

Any thoughts? It’s hard to bring up to any group of people, paleo or vegan, because it challenges belief systems about nutrition. But my personal experience is that it is healing thus far, and that most of what we know about 'nutrition' seems to be wrong.

Also, I was reading that Gurdjieff ‘suffered with bronchitis for 30 years’. Somehow reading that inspired me not to do the same.

Anyway, I thought I'd share, and hope to update more in the coming months, as / when / if more healing happens.

Do the C's say anything about fruit diet? I remember reading once that they recommended a woman who was experiencing a health challenge 'eat more fruit', and then in other lines about needing to eat meat or vegetarians being doomed. And I did read the Vegetarian myth... I found it interesting, though not related to the above topics, per se.

I have encountered many people who defend their consumption of fruit based on an evolutionary point of view, "Out of Africa" theory. The problem that this is actually a hypothesis and data doesn't seem to support it. Actually, research contradicts the "Out of Africa theory":

_https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235891855_Re-Examining_the_Out-of-Africa_Theory_and_the_Origin_of_Europeoids_Caucasoids_Part_2_SNPs_Haplogroups_and_Haplotypes_in_the_Y_Chromosome_of_Chimpanzee_and_Humans

A few years ago, I summarized some of the the problems with fruit in this article:

https://www.sott.net/article/241805-The-Obesity-Epidemic-Courtesy-of-the-Agricultural-Industry

FWIW, here is a relevant quote:

Possible Fruit Protein Effects on Primate Communities in Madagascar and the Neotropics tells us:

The ecological factors contributing to the evolution of tropical vertebrate communities are still poorly understood. Primate communities of the tropical Americas have fewer folivorous but more frugivorous genera than tropical regions of the Old World and especially many more frugivorous genera than Madagascar. ...Neotropical fruits have higher protein concentrations than fruits from Madagascar and that the higher representation of frugivorous genera in the Neotropics is linked to high protein concentrations in fruits. Low fruit protein concentrations in Madagascar would restrict the evolution of frugivores in Malagasy communities.

That is to say that eating fruits wasn't the main diet of primates in Africa and the main element sought by the consumers, leading to their development as species, was protein. Further, I should point out that fruit-eating creatures didn't evolve into human beings as primates exposed to harsh or unusual conditions did. Read the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis for some very good and eye-opening arguments for how and why humans evolved as they did. In short, if you want to devolve to a monkey, eat more fruits.

At some point in our evolution, essential fatty acids like DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) - from meat and organs of wild game and other grass-fed meats and wild-caught cold-water seafood - had a dominant role in our diet to the extent that it is thought that they alone were responsible for the significant increase in the size of the human brain. DHA makes up the highest percentage of the fatty acids in the human brain, facilitating visual and cognitive function, forming brain receptors for neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, and serving as a storage molecule that the body can reconvert to another essential fatty acid - EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) - if needed. So if anything, it seems that we need plenty of land animal fats AND fish oil. This is our evolutionary heritage as human beings, not monkeys.

I would agree that short term bursts of vegetarianism/fruitarianism may be temporarily beneficial. As a long term solution, it simply cannot provide the body and the brain with the specific nutrients (namely DHA, Iodine, saturated fats, complete amino acid - protein profiles) that it needs to maintain a healthy system, as Gaby mentioned.

A well formulated vegan or vegetarian diet does seem to have some amazing results when transitioning from a standard western diet though. This is likely due to the massive antioxidant content and detoxification capacities of the fruit/vegetables when consumed in large quantities. It is also worth noting that vegetables are potent sources of nitrogen. This is important since dietary nitrogen is partly a precursor to the hormone/neurotransmitter Nitric Oxide. In the body, nitric oxide stimulates vasodilation (the expansion/relaxation of blood vessels) which lowers blood pressure and allows more blood to reach the skin surface. There are some who postulate that this effect allows more UV light to penetrate the blood and become assimilated into the system. Hence why vegans/vegetarians may temporarily achieve great results.

Most importantly, what should be considered is the environmental conditions in which a fruitarian diet can be sustained. At the equatorial regions, fruit and certain vegetables grow all year round. This is coupled with long light cycles and a warm climate. All of these factors constitute specific information that is recieved by the body system, so the information encoded within food alone cannot be isolated from the information recieved from the environment. For example: High light cycles in summer time present the body with more oxidative stress, hence the natural abundance of antioxidants in plant foods may be natures way to counteract that.

Winter time generally is the opposite, and cold environments favour a more ketogenic approach.

This stresses the importance of eating locally and seasonally. The information contained within the food should ideally match up with your own local/seasonal environment. Anyone who lives in the northern hemisphere cannot expect to eat fruit in the winter time without experiencing issues, simply because their environment does not allow for such conditions naturally. By doing so, the body is recieving mixed signals. Fruit tells the body it is summer time, whereas the environment tells the body it is winter time. This is kinda like a mismatch in the system. I would speculate that this induces a chaotic, disordered and incoherent state within the body... thereby increasing entropy in the body-information system.

Similarly, the human body is probably not designed to eat ketogenic all year round, because this may again cause an environmental mismatch. I am tending toward believing that a fluctuation between ketogenic and glucose metabolism is most likely a beneficial approach.

Keyhole said:
<SNIP>

Similarly, the human body is probably not designed to eat ketogenic all year round, because this may again cause an environmental mismatch. I am tending toward believing that a fluctuation between ketogenic and glucose metabolism is most likely a beneficial approach.

I agree - our dietary experiments are tending in this direction. Eating keto is very beneficial (and necessary) for some conditions and under certain circumstances, but long term, eating local and seasonal following a general paleo-plus plan is probably ideal.

One thing, however, modern grains should be pretty much off the table at all times; there are plenty of wild substitutes. Also, some things can be eaten once in awhile, but if eaten regularly, cause problems: most dairy products, for example, and for many people, eggs.

Nothing is simple and everyone is different, but a fruit diet long term is, as Gaby points out, how to shrink your brain and turn into a monkey.

odyssic said:
Anyway, I’ve been eating mostly fruit and fruit juices for 7 months, with occasional green juice or salad, and virtually no protein rich foods, and have experienced more healing than on the other diets. This also coupled with various herbal teas.

Very interesting odyssic - thanks for your account. It may be that many of the benefits you have experienced are due to the extreme protein restriction. Dr Ron Rosedale has much to say about this and considers protein restriction to be the largest factor in healing/longevity. He is extremely knowledgeable on the mTOR/leptin pathways (apparently 30 years of research). You might search out some of his videos/podcasts and see what you think.

About 10 years ago before I know anything about diet I had 108 Kg.
One day I started to develop a rash on my neck and i went to a doctor and he makes me a blood test. All parameters were very abnormal and elevated.He was upset when he saw the results.

And I started a " healthy diet" to try to lose some weight. That " healthy diet" was fruits, vegetables, whole grains and little lean meat. Avoiding fats as much as possible, because they are evil and I was very fat and unhealthy. Also, I started exercising.
And in a period of 9-10 months, I lost 38 Kg. From 108 to 70. But I looked like a zombi. I was tired all the time. I was eating a plenty fruits and vegetables but I was always hungry.

And that was the first time in my life that I 've got hemorrhoids. I developed heavy pollen allergy and in general, I felt inflamed and weak.
When I think of that from my current perspective , I think that I was starving myself and I was malnutritioned.

Then I found some material about paleo and then here about ketogenic diet and I started to experiment.
Using different supplements,read, network and engage in the forum

All symptoms dissapeared. Hemorrhoids were gone like they never existed. My mind was clearer and my body felt good. I had more energy. But Still had the problem with allergy.
Finally this summer I excluded eggs from my diet and all allergy symptoms stopped.

So for me , ketogenic diet make me feel alive. It is delicious and I enjoy eating meats and fats.
To be honest , in some very seldom occasions, especially in summer, i like to eat a small piece of apple . Or when I go hiking and if I found some blackberries or strawberries in the woods, then I like to eat them. They are very delicious and they are different from the ones that we can find in supermarkets. Usually smaller, with a stronger aroma and much, much less sugar.
So it's maybe a few times per year that I have the opportunity to try them. So, my main diets are fats and meats and I love them. I have tried many diets or foods , but keto is number one for me and I'll keep it for a long time.

And it's also a practical example how knowledge protects and how ignorance endangers.

Imho (in my humble opinion), ymmv (your mileage may vary) on any diet.

Steve Jobs was reportedly a fruitarian and Ashton Kutcher also reportedly tried the diet out to prepare himself for one of those Steve Jobs movies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism#Notable_adherents
Actor Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized and said that his pancreas levels went "all out of whack" after following a fruitarian diet in preparation for his role playing Apple Inc. CEO and onetime fruitarian Steve Jobs, in the film Jobs. Jobs died of pancreatic cancer.

Jack Kruse, in my last read-through of parts of his site, I think advocated something similar to what has been previously mentioned; seasonal keto, carbs, local and seasonal produce. With definite stuff to avoid (most GMO foods like soy, corn, processed wheat, etc).

Hello odyssic,

So, you have been experimenting various methods of diet, and nowadays you think fruit is best diet for people.

But for me, every time whenever I eats fruit, such as banana, watermelon, berries, beach, cherry, mango, grapes etc... gives me hemorrhage and sometimes, right away spitting out blood. I am wondering what kinds of fruit do you eating most of the time.

Anyway, I thought I had hemorrhoid but I found that as long as I don't eat any fruit and eliminate any suga contained food, then I don't have any problems.
Currently I am on Paleo-diet, I feel this is best for me.
So, everyone is different.

Yeah, I think there's definitely a lot to seasonal adjustment to environmental signals as mentioned. I eat fruits and berries from my orchard during the summer months, with a bit more carbs in general during the warm months of the year. The kind of benefits mentioned by you, and elaborated by Keyhole, with fruits and/or veggies being prominent for transition from truly disastrous diets is definitely recorded in literature and personal experiences from people I've known showing the usefulness of such an approach for the short-term needs of adjustment, detox, and healing initiation, etc. for many decades now.

Some more things to keep in mind, however. Besides, what was already mentioned about long-term problems, the fructose in fruits is problematic when it is in very high amounts, such as a fruitarian diet. Fructose can be even more dangerous than table sugar in high concentration. It is very hard on the liver, and even more so long-term due to its digestion and metabolism differing from other sugars (for example, table sugar/sucrose is one molecule of glucose and one molecule of fructose in its makeup thus using a different metabolism not so depend and hard on the liver just to deal with it). Fructose leads to fatty liver disease in the long-run when consumed in high amounts.

Eating fruit-only in the long run, would really be unsustainable in many ways for full healthy functioning. Berries are usually much lower in fructose (particularly wild ones) than other fruits while still having lots of antioxidants and beneficial phytochemicals. So one can eat more of those (in season). I eat a significant amount of berries during the summer, and one or two other fruits a day, like peach, plumbs, apples, etc. from my orchard (they're not too sweet and very tasty and full of important nutrients, not just overwhelming sweetness), and the occasional fig or other local fruit in season not from my orchard. But I don't get anywhere near over-consumption of fructose at my highest consumption of fruit during about 4 months or so of the year.

As mentioned, increasing carbs in general during the warmest months is generally a good idea. I go up to 35 to 45 grams of net carbs daily during those months. I can go a bit higher too, as it still doesn't kick me out of ketosis at that amount, whereas I average 10 to 15 (sometimes 20) net grams of carbs during the colder months (up from near zero all the time from a few years ago). But, as was said, there's a wide variation between people (and environments/climates) to find the "sweet spot" for each person in each season. I still think keeping total net carbohydrates to 70 grams or less is a good long-term strategy for most people. That makes healthy fats the main source of calories if using that approach (avoiding the toxic "plastic" fats, etc. completely).

Protein restriction is quite promising, which is one of the features for most on the ketogenic diet used here. Along with intermittent fasting, it seems to optimize the benefits of keto. Slight calorie restriction in general too (but have to be careful long-term not to overdo it, as well). Fluctuating and adjusting things all around is a good way to go with all these things in general, to find what works best for each person. Also eating lots of organ meats like liver, kidney, brains, etc. is a must when doing keto or Paleo type diets (something that I don't always do, then I remember that I'm eating too much muscle meats compared to organs, and resume more organ consumption every week - something to always remember) By the way, brains are a good way to get omega 3's from land animals when good seafood supplies are iffy/difficult to be the main omega 3 source - as can be for many people. Hope that helps a bit. FWIW.

I forgot to mention something that made me curious yesterday about Gurdjieff.

odyssic said:
Also, I was reading that Gurdjieff ‘suffered with bronchitis for 30 years’. Somehow reading that inspired me not to do the same.

As far as I know, Gurdjieff didn't follow any specific diet (e.g. ketogenic or Paleo or whatever). So I was wondering what you meant in the above quote. G had been exposed to many infectious microbes from younger years and had many adventures being shot by stray bullets in revolutionary/war situations, etc. also when he was young. But his survival and recovery from many unfortunate and serious threats to life and health (including the disastrous car accident in France) never had any particular dietary protocols to my knowledge. Just curious what connection you were making....

odyssic said:
Anyway, the Ketogenic diet had me achieving some of my health goals, but a few chronic conditions worsened (cough and nasal mucus), which I'd had since infancy. Ok. Also, I hadn’t cut out dairy, though I’d cut it out in other years.

Why not eliminate dairy products completely and see how it goes?
A lot of evidence suggests dairy is responsible for excess phlegm. In Traditional Chinese Medicine it is considered "damp creating food" (phlegm, mucous) and in those with strong Earth element constitutionwise this issue is even more exacerbated.
In my experience eliminating dairy clears all excess mucous problems pretty fast, within a week or so.
Eating fresh aloe vera pulp once a day can also help tremendously to balance out mucous membranes.
Hope this helps.

FRUIT FEAR
Everyone is unique--that's well-established by now. I think we'd all agree that each person is different, and each person's soul is too. No one would argue that Hitler's soul was the same as a saints.
Let's look at water: do all the bottled water companies think their offerings are the same? No; that's why high-end bottlers spend fortunes advertising their brands' singular benefits. And what if you compare a glass of drinking water to the water in the toilet bowl? Or to a puddle on the New Jersey turnpike. Or to a freshly melted snowcap on a pristine mountain. Or to the water in an aquarium or bathtub or swimming pool. They're all H2O. But are they all the same? Not a chance.

That's how it works with sugar. You can't lump together all the different types and say they're all bad. You can't say "sugar is sugar."
Yet that's what's happened in our culture. In recent years, certain important facts came to light about how the processed sugar that's added to so many foods--especially in the form of corn syrup --feeds obesity, viruses, fungi, cancer, and a myriad of other diseases. Suddenly a fire started in the collective health-care consciousness about all sugar. Natural and conventional doctors alike declared a well-intentioned war on it.

The innocent casualty was fruit.
Fruit has almost become a dirty word.
So much so that it's a little risky for me to even write this chapter. It sounds silly, but it's true. Because what I reveal about fruit in the pages to come goes against current thinking. It goes against the conditioning of fruit fear.

FRUIT IS NOT THE PROBLEM
There's a rapidly developing trend: millions of people who are struggling with their health all over the country visit doctors, practitioners, nutritionists, or healers and hear right off the bat, "Eliminate fruit from your diet."
Doctors who practice Eastern medicine will say fruit creates dampness in the body. Doctors who practice Western medicine will say fruit feeds Candida and cancer. Dieticians and nutritionist will say fruit contributes to diabetes. And physical trainers will say fruit will make you overweight or even obese.

That's because health professionals and medical communities associate fruit sugar with high-fructose corn sugar(HFCS), processed cane sugar, sucrose, lactose, and other sweeteners and sugars. They're telling people that fruit is contributing to their problems with Candida, mold, weight, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular systems, and even their teeth.

In truth, who eats that much fruit? In mainstream diets, it's become a novelty. While people may still have the occasional banana or lunchbox apple, more often fruit is an accompaniment to something else: the strawberries on strawberry shortcake, for instance, or a few glazed blueberries swimming in the butter, cane sugar, and lard of blueberry pie.

So are the millions of Americans who are sick with various illnesses unwell because of the occasional Granny Smith? Are millions of people with rotting teeth climbing into the dentist's chair for a root canal because of the clementine they ate at a holiday party? The reality is that even the average person who's concerned about sugar intake still consumes over 100 pounds of refined sugar a year.
The sugar in fruit is not to blame for illness. It is not the same as HFCS or the sugar cubes at the diner.
Fruit is not making people sick.

I'm not saying that fructose that's been processed and separated from its fruit source is an ideal source of food. But fruit in its whole form, full of water and fiber-rich pulp, is the real deal for your health.
Fruit consumption in the U.S. has substantially declined in recent years. In 2000, each American consumed an average of 287 pounds of fruit per year, while by 2012 that had dropped to only 245 pounds a year, a nearly 15 percent decrease.

For the record, 245 pounds of fruit is not a lot. Let's put this in perspective: It's like eating only five cases of fruit in an entire year.
Do not get a pound of fruit confused with a pound of sugar. A pound of sugar is a pound of sugar. A pound of fruit is a unique blend of life- creating , life-saving, life-sustaining phytonutrients and other phytochemicals that stop disease and promote long life.

Fruit does not have that much sugar in it. Fruits are made up of living water, minerals, vitamins, protein, fat, other nutrients, pulp, fiber, antioxidants, pectin--and just a fraction of sugar. If we wanted to compare 100 pounds of refined sugar to the eqivalent amount of sugar you'd consume in fruit, we'd be looking at thousands of pounds of fruit.
Since 2012, the fruit-hating trend has been in full swing. We're likely headed toward a 40 percent decrease from that 2000 figure in per capita fruit consumption.

That's not supposed to be the trend.
Before refined sugar production and trade became a major industry that turned products like table sugar and HFCS into dietary staples, we relied on a critical source of life. That source was fruit. Since humankind began, we've depended on fruit, in all its varieties, for our survival. The Tree of Life was an ancient symbol of interconnection, fertility and eternal life-precisely because of this legendary tree's fruit. Fruit is a part of our essence, a basic element of who we are. We cannot survive without fruit on this planet. It outweighs the nutrition of any other food.

Yet the current "health" movement toward low-carb diets has put fruit on the endangered species list, with the goal of making it extinct.
Is this denial? Ignorance? Foolishness? We're not talking about uneducated people who are driving the trend. We're talking about smart, highly intelligent professionals with advanced degrees in medicine and nutrition. If they're advising patients to shun fruit, it must be because of their training, the mis information out there, or their their own selective interests.
Have you heard of book burning? If the anti-sugar war keeps up its momentum, fruit trees will be the next to go up in flames.

FRUIT AND FERTILITY

It's critical that medical communities start distinguishing between fruit sugars and all the rest. Otherwise, the war could be more dangerous than anyone realizes; it could result in other innocent casualties: womankind and the future of humankind.
That's because without fruit, fertility is at risk. Women are already up against infertility issues, and well-meaning doctors have no idea that when they tell women patients to shun fruit, they're contributing to women's struggles to conceive. A woman's reproductive system is like a flowering tree that requires the proper nutrients to bear fruit. And those nutrients come from, well, fruit.
Fertility--and overall health--depends specifically on the fructose and glucose that occur naturally in fruit, as well as the phytochemicals bonded to those sugars. A woman's reproductive system also relies on the dozens of antitumor, anticancer, antioxidants (and so many more components yet to be discovered by medical science) available only in fruit, as well as fruit's essential polyphenols, bioflavinoids, disease-stopping pectin, vitamins, and minerals. These elements help to stop polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), pelvic inflammatory disease(PID), and an overextended reproductive system--examples of conditions that cause mysterious infertility.

pages 289-292 MEDICAL MEDIUM Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal Anthony William

page 293
FRUIT'S ANCIENT ROOTS
Humans have been cultivating fruit for thousands of years, all over the globe. In Asia, peaches and citrus had historical significance. In Russia, apples and pears were central. In England, it was berries and grapes. In the Middle East, figs, dates, and mangoes held (and still hold) an important place. And in South America, bananas and advocados have always had a vital role in health and culture.
Going all the way back to the Garden of Eden, fruit was a mainstay of the human diet. Once agriculture began and civilization and trade routes became established, it was the ones fortunate enough to have fruit delivered to them--emporers, kings, queens, dukes, earls, counts, barons, knights, and pharaohs--who lived the longest.

With access to fruit all year long, disease was not the problem for royalty that it was for people of lower status. Peasants and other common people had to live off grains, porridge, scraps of dehydrated meats, and some vegetables. They went much of the year without a single piece of fruit. As a result, they were plagued by nutritional deficiencies.

Scurvy, a disease that research has pegged as a vitamin C deficiency but is also a deficiency in other critical nutrients found in fruit (as yet undiscovered by science), was rampant in these lower classes. Many people also died of rickets eating away at their muscles and bones. Simple infections were life threatening, too, and noncancerous tumors that thrived off protein, fat, and grain were responsible for a great many people's suffering at this time in history--all because they didn't have access to enough fruit.

Meanwhile, the fortunte kings of the planet led longer healthier lives because of the sacrifices those below them made to bring them fruit from all over the world. They'd order up oranges like we can call for pizza delivery, and lo, the oranges would appear. (By the way, there's more sugar in pizza than you will ever find in fruit.)
These rulers were constantly eating out of season, enjoying the best that other regions had to offer, and taking in hundreds of critical life- protecting nutrients.

Beautiful, thank you everyone. I'm not on here much. I get overwhelmed by the quantity of posts under each topic, and this screen... well, I have psychological bones to pick with it. Also, the quoting is not easy and it is time consuming. As is checking in on the responses and replying. Anyway...

Kay Kim said:
So, you have been experimenting various methods of diet, and nowadays you think fruit is best diet for people.

But for me, every time whenever I eats fruit, such as banana, watermelon, berries, beach, cherry, mango, grapes etc... gives me hemorrhage and sometimes, right away spitting out blood. I am wondering what kinds of fruit do you eating most of the time.

Anyway, I thought I had hemorrhoid but I found that as long as I don't eat any fruit and eliminate any suga contained food, then I don't have any problems.
Currently I am on Paleo-diet, I feel this is best for me.
So, everyone is different.

I just find that fruit seems to be a powerful healing diet in many situations. I work with clients in healing trauma (and myself) and the detoxification process that is accessed by way of fruit has been clearing out stagnant energy, energy cysts brought on my trauma.

I've read of intense symptoms; people vomiting out fistfuls of parasites and such after fruit. You might research fasting and use that as a bridge to the fruit. I find melons to be easy to process, and grapes and berries the most healing. That's mostly what I eat. And citrus as an astringent for pulling out toxins at another layer. The key is that they need to be ripe and in season, organic (I believe) and preferably local. Much produce is not ripe when picked, so it is acidic. Anyway, I've found this with oranges, pineapple, mango, banana (which are easier to process for me when mottled with brown spots).

Anyway, I've found the right fruits to be quite intelligent. Watermelon for instance; at the beginning, a few times I threw up. Sometimes, some would pass through the stool. Most times it would all be processed. So I've been seeing it as the body knowing what it is doing. Moving from more meat to fruit I think can be a challenge for some because the stomach has acclimated to meat, which requires more acid, from what I've read. Hope this helps.

anitasweetie said:
FRUIT'S ANCIENT ROOTS
Humans have been cultivating fruit for thousands of years, all over the globe. In Asia, peaches and citrus had historical significance. In Russia, apples and pears were central. In England, it was berries and grapes. In the Middle East, figs, dates, and mangoes held (and still hold) an important place. And in South America, bananas and advocados have always had a vital role in health and culture.
Going all the way back to the Garden of Eden, fruit was a mainstay of the human diet. Once agriculture began and civilization and trade routes became established, it was the ones fortunate enough to have fruit delivered to them--emporers, kings, queens, dukes, earls, counts, barons, knights, and pharaohs--who lived the longest.

With access to fruit all year long, disease was not the problem for royalty that it was for people of lower status. Peasants and other common people had to live off grains, porridge, scraps of dehydrated meats, and some vegetables. They went much of the year without a single piece of fruit. As a result, they were plagued by nutritional deficiencies.

Scurvy, a disease that research has pegged as a vitamin C deficiency but is also a deficiency in other critical nutrients found in fruit (as yet undiscovered by science), was rampant in these lower classes. Many people also died of rickets eating away at their muscles and bones. Simple infections were life threatening, too, and noncancerous tumors that thrived off protein, fat, and grain were responsible for a great many people's suffering at this time in history--all because they didn't have access to enough fruit.

Meanwhile, the fortunte kings of the planet led longer healthier lives because of the sacrifices those below them made to bring them fruit from all over the world. They'd order up oranges like we can call for pizza delivery, and lo, the oranges would appear. (By the way, there's more sugar in pizza than you will ever find in fruit.)
These rulers were constantly eating out of season, enjoying the best that other regions had to offer, and taking in hundreds of critical life- protecting nutrients.

Thank you for the quote and the reminder. I'd read the Medical Medium recently, after I'd started eating fruit. I think he has a new book out. Though being hyper-vigilant about channeled material, (in part after reading The Wave and other books), I was a little skeptical generally. But I've found the information to be pretty good. I certainly see a war waged on fruit. When I go to Whole Foods, the hot bar is 50% paleo on has one little fruit container with old fermenting melons and unripe pineapple cubes, almost white.

I've also read an argument that fruit could not have been eaten in it's natural form in ancient times; that it has been bred to be sweeter, etc. I'm not sure if that is accurate, either. For one things, in tropical places, and in tropical climates, fruit is always available, and that might have been the lot for humans at certain times. Assuming that global cataclysms changed the environment repeatedly over epochs, it makes sense to me that human history has contained both; people who subsisted on meats, and people who subsisted on fruit, either at different times in history, or in different locations on the planet.

Here is a book called 'Lost crops of Africa' volume 3, fruits. You can download it as a free PDF.

https://www.nap.edu/catalog/11879/lost-crops-of-africa-volume-iii-fruits

Michael Martin said:
Imho (in my humble opinion), ymmv (your mileage may vary) on any diet.

Steve Jobs was reportedly a fruitarian and Ashton Kutcher also reportedly tried the diet out to prepare himself for one of those Steve Jobs movies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism#Notable_adherents
Actor Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized and said that his pancreas levels went "all out of whack" after following a fruitarian diet in preparation for his role playing Apple Inc. CEO and onetime fruitarian Steve Jobs, in the film Jobs. Jobs died of pancreatic cancer.

Jack Kruse, in my last read-through of parts of his site, I think advocated something similar to what has been previously mentioned; seasonal keto, carbs, local and seasonal produce. With definite stuff to avoid (most GMO foods like soy, corn, processed wheat, etc).

I think the seasonal keto idea sounds reasonable, thank you. As we're entering winter I'm working on how to thrive now, and continue the healing process.

I think Ashton Kutcher leapt into it uninformed. I also think that story is used to scare people away from eating fruit. I think he mistook a 'healing crisis' for an illness and therefore went to the doctor. Many have been fruitarians for many years, so clearly it is possible. Steve Jobs followed Arnold Ehret, who seemed to have a lot of experience in healing people. As for his diet, there are so many factors, I can't personally correlate is pancreatic diet with his fruit eating. My aunt caught that and she mostly had whiskey for breakfast, as far as I can tell, hadn't had fruit in years.

Another benefit of the fruit healing regimen, is its simplicity. Eating mostly fruit and some herbs, with no vitamin or mineral supplementation, seems to have a healing effect for many people.

So I wonder if it connects to certain gene strains / ancestry? I wonder if it connects to pre-fall and post-fall humanity somehow? What if a healing protocol is to go through the diet of each period for a time, and heal genetic damage from those ages? Just brainstorming here.

Laura said:
Keyhole said:
<SNIP>

I agree - our dietary experiments are tending in this direction. Eating keto is very beneficial (and necessary) for some conditions and under certain circumstances, but long term, eating local and seasonal following a general paleo-plus plan is probably ideal.

One thing, however, modern grains should be pretty much off the table at all times; there are plenty of wild substitutes. Also, some things can be eaten once in awhile, but if eaten regularly, cause problems: most dairy products, for example, and for many people, eggs.

Nothing is simple and everyone is different, but a fruit diet long term is, as Gaby points out, how to shrink your brain and turn into a monkey.

Thank you Laura. Yes, I've certainly learned from your books that 'nothing is simple'. Which is why 'learning is so fun', when it's not impossibly frustrating and winding and twisting.

And also, I confess I perceive fruitarians as sharp in certain ways, and less so in other ways... perhaps more right brain than left brain? But yes, I think I'll swing out before monkey brain sets in and I start to grow hair in strange places.

There's just something about Adam and Eve with that apple, that dang apple, and seeing all of the healing coming from fruit (mostly out of that clinic in Pt Charlotte Florida), that just keeps haunting me. I'm reminded of that Jung quote "When an idea is so old and so generally believed, it must be true in some way, by which I mean that it is psychologically true." And then there's this idyllic scene of Adam and Eve with an apple, and we're supposed to think... uh oh, no... she didn't! And Eve has the apple, the most natural scene in the world, and that was somehow made into a story of 'the fall'? A woman with a piece of fruit. Anyway, I'm still excavating there. Any suggestions for reading?

I also confess that in the current framework, fruit is less ideal than other diets, in terms of ease of practice, because it is honestly hard to eat mostly fruit, and seems impossible to eat all fruit (for me at this phase). Fruit and fat and fruit and protein and fruit and starch don't mesh together; so the best bet seems to be mostly fruit. Or something else (keto, perhaps).

Gaby said:
That is to say that eating fruits wasn't the main diet of primates in Africa and the main element sought by the consumers, leading to their development as species, was protein. Further, I should point out that fruit-eating creatures didn't evolve into human beings as primates exposed to harsh or unusual conditions did. Read the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis for some very good and eye-opening arguments for how and why humans evolved as they did. In short, if you want to devolve to a monkey, eat more fruits.

At some point in our evolution, essential fatty acids like DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) - from meat and organs of wild game and other grass-fed meats and wild-caught cold-water seafood - had a dominant role in our diet to the extent that it is thought that they alone were responsible for the significant increase in the size of the human brain. DHA makes up the highest percentage of the fatty acids in the human brain, facilitating visual and cognitive function, forming brain receptors for neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, and serving as a storage molecule that the body can reconvert to another essential fatty acid - EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) - if needed. So if anything, it seems that we need plenty of land animal fats AND fish oil. This is our evolutionary heritage as human beings, not monkeys.

Thank you Gaby. I think it is essential to consider the pieces, the evolution of the physiology, and the required nutrients for the brain. I looked at those resources and will continue to keep them in mind. Also, Mercola scared me off of fruit for years. His research made sense. But seeing fruit healing people continually wore away at that belief system, fortunately, because it allowed me to access healing in ways I was unable to before.

Because I'm thinking that moving from fruit to meat was an essential component in the archetypal 'fall' story?

Also, how do we think this 'evolution' of the species by diet theory relates to the 'C's suggesting that humanity evolved because of souls coming into primitive humanoid bodies, and catalyzing an evolutionary process? I think both could be true, and could one exist without the other?

Curious.

Hello odyssic,

Its truly good to know that fruitarian diet working for some of people.
And glad you have been helping such a people to be better health.
Keep up your good work to service to other!

But ever since I was child, we have been eating mostly meats, because my father couldn't eat without meat.
Maybe I am used to that kind of diet.
But, still, I am very healthy and feel good.

quote from Odyssic:

Thank you for the quote and the reminder. I'd read the Medical Medium recently, after I'd started eating fruit. I think he has a new book out. Though being hyper-vigilant about channeled material, (in part after reading The Wave and other books), I was a little skeptical generally. But I've found the information to be pretty good. I certainly see a war waged on fruit. When I go to Whole Foods, the hot bar is 50% paleo on has one little fruit container with old fermenting melons and unripe pineapple cubes, almost white.

I've also read an argument that fruit could not have been eaten in it's natural form in ancient times; that it has been bred to be sweeter, etc. I'm not sure if that is accurate, either. For one things, in tropical places, and in tropical climates, fruit is always available, and that might have been the lot for humans at certain times. Assuming that global cataclysms changed the environment repeatedly over epochs, it makes sense to me that human history has contained both; people who subsisted on meats, and people who subsisted on fruit, either at different times in history, or in different locations on the planet.

Here is a book called 'Lost crops of Africa' volume 3, fruits. You can download it as a free PDF.

https://www.nap.edu/catalog/11879/lost-crops-of-africa-volume-iii-fruits

Thank you for the link Odyssic.

Yeah, I was a little skeptical at first, about the channeled material. He says the Spirit of Compassion is with him at all times, that must be a tremendous burden.

I still eat some meats. He doesn't say not to eat meat, that it is up to the individual.

When I first started the mainly fruit diet in August, I decided after a couple weeks into it to eat some meat, it made me feel sick.
Just tried it to early, after a couple more weeks, eating a little meat was fine.

During the first few weeks, my body was like YES PLEASE! More, more fruit.

Because of Feng Shui, we rebuilt our leaky back porch, by the end of September, I was in the backyard pulling poison ivy out of the ground, my partner accused me of thinking that I was Super Woman. But, pulling on things in the ground that might giveway didn't cross my mind, fell on a rock, and had a six inch bruise on my hip... OUCH, not to mention having to get rid of poison ivy.
That must be where chimp brain comes in!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom