Explosions in the news

Explosion at Oxfordshire recycling plant after lightning strike

Witnesses report having heard thunder/lightning but the pictures show a fairly calm sky. Possible meteorite?

Possibly, but a few weeks ago we witnessed something I haven't seen before. It was lightning without a storm, many flashes which didn't look too distant but no thunder at all and no wind or rain at least where we were standing. I looked into it and all I could find were references to 'dry lightning'.

This is something apparently common in parts of the US but as I say, I have never seen it before in the UK and I found the whole thing a bit weird. There were a LOT of forked lightning strikes, several per minute, which were very clearly visible and did not seem that far away. No thunder whatsoever, not a sound.

In the witness descriptions of this explosion in Oxford, nobody is talking about stormy weather. All the references to sound are 'like thunder' but a single sound, so quite possibly the explosion itself.
Jack Frowde, 34, who works at Oxford University, said: "I was sitting in my kitchen when the whole room lit up with a brilliant white light, then followed by a huge crack which sounded like really heavy thunder.
"I looked out of the kitchen window and it was as if the sky was pulsating orange.
"I ran to the back to capture the orange glow as it faded after about 20 seconds."
Stuart Hosking, a business owner from Oxford, said: "We were pretty close. I thought it was the sun setting, until I saw the flickering and smoke.
"The lights flickered in the house then a flash, then a rumble like thunder, but a single bang."
Meteorite, airburst, or weird charge interactions. Or all of them?

Last edited:
Possibly, but a few weeks ago we witnessed something I haven't seen before. It was lightning without a storm, many flashes which didn't look too distant but no thunder at all and no wind or rain at least where we were standing. I looked into it and all I could find were references to 'dry lightning'.

This is something apparently common in parts of the US but as I say, I have never seen it before in the UK and I found the whole thing a bit weird. There were a LOT of forked lightning strikes, several per minute, which were very clearly visible and did not seem that far away. No thunder whatsoever, not a sound.

In the witness descriptions of this explosion in Oxford, nobody is talking about stormy weather. All the references to sound are 'like thunder' but a single sound, so quite possibly the explosion itself.

Yes, there is no information about silent lightning. If you can't hear them, they are too far away, all the articles say.

I have seen lightning bolts quite close through the clouds and towards the ground on several occasions without the slightest noise.

Sometimes for two hours or more in the same area of the sky and without any noise.

So perhaps there is something highly strange in the matter.

Battles disguised as weather?

No explosions thankfully but, there were bomb threats targeting multiple public schools in Ontario, Canada today.
"The threats targeted multiple schools under multiple school boards and other facilities, demanding payment," OPP said in a news release. No explosive devices have been found, police confirmed.
Numerous bomb threats in northern Ontario were made overnight. OPP said the threats targeted schools across northeast and northwest regions, demanding payment. Affected schools were closed as a precaution. No evidence of any devices has been found, police said.

Toronto police also said Wednesday that three schools in the city's west end were evacuated over bomb threats. It is unclear if these threats are linked to the threats in eastern and northern Ontario.

SHEPHERD, Texas - Residents are being asked to shelter in place after an explosion at a plant in Shepherd.

The fire has been reported at Sound Resource Solutions at 731 FM 1127.
A source tells FOX 26 that one person has been injured and is being taken to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. According to the source, the person has first-degree burns to the face and second-degree and third-degree burns to the arms.

San Jacinto County Office of Emergency Management says residents living in a five-mile radius should shelter in place at this time.

Polk County Emergency Management recommends that residents along US Hwy 59 from Goodrich to Leggett shelter in place and turn off HVAC systems in homes and businesses.

Officials say a private school located on FM 1127 has been evacuated to the Shepherd ISD Administration Building.

US Highway 59 is closed from FM 1988 to Exit 451B. Everyone is asked to avoid the area and use alternate routes.

There were a few house explosions in the last few days in Ontario, Canada -
There are conflicting reports of an explosion at this residence:
One dead, two injured in fatal house fire in south Ottawa
Ottawa Police initially called the incident an 'explosion' on social media, but Ottawa Fire says they are not aware of an explosion at this time.

"There were cars in the garage so the tires could have been popping," said Ottawa Fire spokesperson Nicholas DeFazio to CTV News Ottawa.

We had the same experience of lightenings without sound, lots of them. Very weird indeed, spooky.
That was about a month ago on the Costa blanca, Spain

WTF! :shock:

At this time, the source of ignition is undetermined.

We had the same experience of lightenings without sound, lots of them. Very weird indeed, spooky.
That was about a month ago on the Costa blanca, Spain
I wonder if the reason there is no sound is that the current in this lightning is flowing slowly when compared to normal lightning, which makes a lot of sound because the current flow is almost instantaneous, i.e. impulse. Which creates a sonic boom of sorts. If the velocity and or intensity of this lighting is slower, with a flow aspect, perhaps things don't get energetic enough to create a boom. Just a speculation.

WTF! :shock:

At this time, the source of ignition is undetermined.
i suggest that we open a thread on lithium battery fires.

VBIED Identification Card
This Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) Identification Card provides information to help recognize potential indicators of a suspicious parked vehicle. It details steps to take if the vehicle is suspicious or if it is not suspicious.

Niagara Falls explosion: Huge blast closes Rainbow Bridge as 'car bomb detonated'
Footage from the scene appears to show a car entering the US from Canada via the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls and shows damage to the checkpoint. Smoke is seen bellowing from the sky
Footage from the scene appears to show a car entering the US from Canada via the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls and shows damage to the checkpoint. Smoke is seen bellowing from the sky. It is unclear if anyone was injured during the incident .

An uncomfirmed police radio scanner said a "vehicle drove into Rainbow Bridge that caused an explosion, and that there is a separate bomb threat at the Peace Bridge currently." The bridge connects the cities of Niagra Falls, US, and Niagara Falls, Canada, and is located less than a mile away from the Niagara waterfalls. All four bridges between the US and Canada including The Peace Bridge and the Lewiston-Queeston Bridge, have been shut, according to the New York Fire Wire who tweeted: ""Canada/US Border closed at Niagara Falls, Rainbow Bridge due to a possible VBIED, car exploded."
The FBI Buffalo said in a statement: "The FBI Buffalo Field Office is investigating a vehicle explosion at the Rainbow Bridge, a border crossing between the US and Canda in Niagra Falls. The FBI is coordinating with our local, state, and federal law enforcement partners in this investigation. At this situation is very fluid, that's all we can say at this time."
New York Governor Kathy Hochul said in a tweet: "I’ve been briefed on the incident on the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls and we are closely monitoring the situation. State agencies are on site and ready to assist."

The day before the American Thanksgiving holiday. I think also the busiest day for travel in the U.S. Already they're assuming it's terror related. At the moment, there are four other border crossings that have been closed.
Officials are trying to determine if this is an isolated incident, and as a result, four border crossings between Canada and New York state are closed.

Should we start the bet for where the terrorists came from?
Hamas or white mega-supremacy, lone wolf.. Follow Schumer as this has all the earmarks of the Deep State on November 22, 2023.
Talks all already forming about the cancellation of the Macy's Day parade.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 22-05-26 Home _ X.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 22-54-04 Niagra Falls Checkpoint Explosion Downgraded To 'Reckless Dr...png

Back
Top Bottom