Failed Trump Assassination Attempt

Yep. The fact that he laid on top of a building out in the open shows that there was no real attempt to hide where the shot was coming from. So no need to use ammo that was suited to concealing the sniper’s location either.
He was a patsy, probably greenbuamd or was already radicalised and then influencend by intel agencies. Maybe got some sharpshooter training of had previous experience. But I would say it depends on terrain, I do not know if it is open field and if there are no natural cover and concelment places. It is harder in open fields to conceal then in urban enviroment. Maybe the terrain was not suitable for multiple shooters(not much cover) and/or the risk of detection or capture was high, depending on security detail and their perimeter. But this one thing Joe said they said that police snipers view was obscured by tree, when you are in defensive position(often the highest spot with overview) you want to have full view of all possible directions of threat, so if the tree was blocking top of building they did a poor security job. On the another hand maybe someone said to shooter they can not see you so you ll have time to fire the shoot and "run". But police snipers are trained for close distances not like military like hostage situations, precise head shoots to 50 m.
Guy was on roof which is the worst place to be if you are in attack mode because everybody will be looking there.
Maybe the risk of using multiple shooters was high so they used only this patsy that could have done the job alone in shooting, and almost he did.

Last edited:
On the counter snipers, here's the kind of background I was hoping for:

Having personally worked several Presidential and Vice Presidential security details, here’s some of my thoughts based on the available info of the assassination attempt on Trump.

1. The Secret Service employ a multi-tiered defense in depth approach to protective missions. An inner tier offer close protection support, these being the agents you see rushing in and surrounding Trump after the initial shots go off. A second middle tier is tasked with identifying and defending against mid-range threats, i.g. the crowd, etc. This tier is largely comprised of local and state law enforcement temporarily attached to the security detail. This is the area that I worked on prior details. Finally, you have an extend tier, which covers long distance threats. This can include counter sniper details and cyber/SIGINT support and CBRN defense.

2. People have wondered how could the counter snipers in the videos not have seen the would be assassin prior to him getting off a shot. This is because the area of responsibility for those counter snipers on the roof behind Trump was very likely in the extend tier. Essentially they were scanning for threats a great distances well beyond the roughly 150 meters the threat appeared. This is evidenced by the fact that the elevated counter sniper has to dramatically drop his line of sight to respond to the shooter. Secret Service advanced teams would have absolutely pre-scouted the location and identified the building the shooter used as a vulnerable spot in the defense. Which begs the question, how was this guy still able to climb on the roof and get off a shot?

Based on limited details at this point, IMO, the security breakdown occurred in the middle tier, which would likely include law enforcement who were supposed to be assigned to the area near the outbuildings. How that significant of a breakdown could occur is up for speculation. However, like I said this tier is largely dependent on local law enforcement and not the Secret Service. So speculatively, the local LEOs who were supposed to be in the area and make sure no one with a gun climbed up on the roof, f*cked up.

3. People have said that witnesses saw the guy with the gun on the roof, told police, but that they failed to respond and prevent the assassination attempt. So how does that happen? Well, there’s typically limited lines communication between the Secret Service and the local LEOs working the middle tier. You usually have one or two local LEO liaisons who have direct communication with the Secret Service, which means communications on the ground between the local LEOs being told about the shooter are being routed through dispatch, to local liaisons, then to Secret Service. Compounding the difficulty to rapidly respond is the fact that there’s always some confusion and inefficiency when multiple different LEO agencies come together to work a detail. Most of these agencies aren’t used to working with each other and aren’t given much information beyond a few pre-event briefings.

I actually saw what can go wrong in these scenarios first-hand when President Bush’s Secret Service detail almost engaged a local police SWAT/counter sniper team during the 2004 G8 summit. No one had properly communicated the local SWAT team’s position so all the Secret Service saw was heavily armed individuals with a line of sight on the President. The whole thing was seconds away from being a tragic incident.

In this same vein, there was likely some delay and confusion with the initial reports of a person with a gun on the roof as local cops and Secret Service agents would all be trying to confirm the shooter didn’t belong to one of the security support teams.

So in summary, when looking for blame in this massive security failure, if I was a betting man, I’d say the answer rests with whatever detail (likely local LEOs) were assigned to the area near the outbuildings.

I’ll also add that I worked 5 Presidential details as a local LEO attachment. Even though I was in close proximity for each detail, in only 2 of them did I actually ever see the President or Vice President. That was Bush, while he was in the limo driving away. And Chaney but that was because I was on an inner position, feet away from him.
You’re explicitly trained that your eyes are always on the crowd, surroundings and potential threats.
Never on the President themselves.
For obvious reasons…

Now my experience is entirely limited to official presidential visits, which are planned at least months and in some cases a year in advance.
It’s likely that some of the breakdowns or issues I mentioned can be exponentially increased when it comes to campaign trips as these stops can come up or change on very short notice.

I'm not an expert on this, but it seems to me 16 seconds is not that strange in this situation. He has to a) find the target, b) getting him in the crosshairs, and c) prepare and execute the shot. Add to this all the mayhem around him (he was in the middle of it) possibly distracting him, plus the usual doubts as to shooting a potential civilian (he has to be sure), and it adds up quickly. Now, if he was super professional and great at his job, it might have taken him less time, and one could argue that he should have shot even without having him in his crosshairs just to scare him off, but it seems at least not inconceivable that he was just a little slow all things considered and that's it.

If it is true that the rooftop assassin didn't have a scope on his rifle (as Niall just pointed out on YouTube), then I think that this is definitely the first big clue for me that clearly points toward an amateur rather than a professional. Do we know if that is true? Here is the only picture I could find that might help us there. The assassin before his death aiming with his gun:

Looks like no scope for me as well.
Assuming he didn’t the fact that he could even get close to trump’s head with iron sights is strange. Maybe I just suck at shooting but 50yds with iron sights on a still target at the gun range and I’ll be lucky if I even hit the target paper, let alone the target itself. Now a moving target and to come within millimeters of the head is telling. The shooter would really have to know his weapon, iron sight adjustments, be well versed at judging the range, and practice consistently. OSIT

Apparently the shooter made an appearance in a BlackRock video:

View attachment 98149

If that is really Thomas Matthew Crooks I still haven’t seen any recent pictures/videos of him where we can see his right ear, other than the video mentioned below. I couldn’t find any recent pictures where we can see Crooks right ear on the internet while the killed rooftop assassin appears to have had a very distinctive outer right ear:

- A video appears where Crooks apparently says "you got the wrong guy"

- The picture of the dead assassin appears to show a pretty distinctive outline of his right outer ear, which doesn't seem to match the ear we see in the last point above. Unless, for example, the ear was damaged and/or changed after that video was published, maybe even by the bullets that killed him and/or when he was falling dead on the roof.

This is a preliminary post shortly after the event by Larry Johnson @ Sonar 21. His discusses the failure of ss and also his analysis of the rifle used . He starts with his experience of weapons, then goes on to discuss the type of weapon used in his opinion.

These are the embedded videos in this short piece, he will give a further analysis later

Also a further analysis

I think it is highly unlikely that a rimfire cartridge was used. Recall the killed bystander said to have exposed grey matter, not likely from a long range hit by a rimfire cartridge. It would be stupid to attempt such a shot with a run of the mill rimfire rifle - maybe the shooter was this stupid but color me skeptical.
Full disclosure - I couldn't stand to watch either video in it's entirety. Guess I'm not much of a fan of Larry Johnson.
I also find all the speculation about what getting grazed in the ear would feel like and what the reactions should be rather offensive. Have you ever been shot in the ear? Or even seriously injured in a quick/unexpected manner? Most of the time there is no pain, only a bit of shock. The pain comes later.
Another thing, trying to evaluate the caliber/type of rifle by the sound of unknown microphones is a fool's errand. Mics often do not capture the sound of firearms discharge 'correctly'.

I have been wondering if what happened was staged or not. Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle. For example if we assume that the hand of the Quorum intervened, it is a staged event, whether Trump lives or not.

Now at the level of our 3D reality, I think the assassination attempt is real, but if you know in advance the who and the why, and you have the power to deflect a bullet, then you use that assassination intent - which I repeat is real - to your advantage and create the effect you are looking for. That last would be the part that is a staged event.

Note: Perhaps some things are lost in translation, because it can be understood as set-up or staged, where both can be true. In Spanish it is montaje, which summarizes in one word both things, within a certain context.

Last edited:
The telemprompters remain intact after the shooting starts, so that theory with the glass shard doesn't stand up.

As for why not kill him covertly...well, maybe that's the point. They probably could have got rid of JFK via poisoning or whatever, but they wanted it to be public.

My money would be on this being done by someone they radicalized and who was probably greenbaumed or something so he didn't care that he wasn't getting out of it alive. What professional would agree to that? And they always need someone to blame. Can't have a pro get out scott free and have no one to point the finger at. This kid seems decently trained. He only missed by a centimeter, on his first shot. Just "bad luck" on his part, and the PTB.

As for the "staged by Team Trump" theory, it's ridiculous. I stated it as one of many open possibilites right at the start but since then we know beyond doubt that there was a shooting and people died. Trump was most certainly grazed and it makes no sense to claim that this was somehow staged by Trump.

The only theory that holds with the evidence is that this was a organized by his opponents and the SS and security at large let it happen. And even that can be disputed if we're willing to believe that any security service could be this incompetent.

In the bullet topic, if this really was some amateur who was high bent on killing Trump, trigger pulling from anticipation/excitement will cause the round to move left or right off the target. At that distance, it is plausible that it could’ve grazed his ear because of it.
Surely the shooter was nervous, inexperienced. Maybe even under the influence of drugs? We'll never know, dead men tell no tales. But what I wonder is this: if they wanted to assassinate Trump, Kennedys style, there was a patsy, then there were real shooters. So in Trump's case, no real shooters.

I'm thinking this was the golden opportunity for the Deep State. The place with the best conditions, the right timing and the perfect American state.

They will never have a chance like this again. It was then or never. And divine grace intervened and now their plans have come to naught. A miracle.

Forcing things in the future will now be extremely risky for the Deep State and the possibility of failure increases dramatically. What a moment in history.

Back
Top Bottom